Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood
219 East Houston Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bohanans.com/
- Phone: (210) 472-2600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Bohanan / Owner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment from South Texas Jazz on Friday & Saturday Evenings!
- Cross Street: Navarro or Saint Mary's
- Public Transit: Bohanan's is located in the center of downtown San Antonio; walking distance from most downtown hotels and conveniently located to city's public transportation.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Curbside valet available. Valet service will be added to the final bill.
A word from Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood
Bohanan’s fame is founded on sublimely tender prime beef grilled over fragrant mesquite wood. Enjoy extraordinarily delicious Akaushi beef, Chef/Owner Mark Bohanan’s large custom cuts of prime aged corn-fed beef, succulent seafood flown in fresh daily, and spectacular table-side desserts flambé. Imbibe a classic cocktail at the first-floor Bar at Bohanan’s, then join us upstairs for the best steak you’ve ever eaten. Located in a historic building in downtown San Antonio about a block from the River Walk. AAA Four Diamond rating and Wine Spectator’s Best of Award of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
331 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (271)romantic (206)notable wine list (191)fit for foodies (126)vibrant bar scene (88)good for groups (68)hot spot (50)scenic view (49)neighborhood gem (49)late-night find (27)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- bbnscDined on 11/24/2014Food was great. My husband's steak was prime and terrific. They created cocktails for both of us and they were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but not my fav steaklovetoeatDined on 11/22/2014I have eaten many many top steak houses in the country. The service at Bohanan's was outstanding with every employee welcoming the patrons at every step of the way, from the front door, through the bar to the hostess station in the back. Then again upon exiting the elevator on route to our table. Our waiter, Rocky was wonderful. Food-wise though I wouldn't say it was my favorite. the bone--in filet which is supposed to have unparalleled flavor was actually not as flavorful as my husband's petite filet. And for the $90 price tag, was absolutely not worth it. The creamed spinach was not very "creamy" therefore not tasty. The side of mac and cheese was delicious though and actually the best part of the meal. The caesar salad and the Bohanan house salad were very good (more dressing on the house salad would have given it more flavor though). The complimentary toast points with a cream cheese/jalapeno spread was yummy. The $20 bananas foster was also not the tastiest I've eaten....bananas needed to be more carmelized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for your lifes to-do listThegreatsteakDined on 11/22/2014Truly top notch food and staff. If you like fine dining and enjoy quality food then Bohannon's needs to be on your life's to-do list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiencegiltDined on 11/21/2014First time we've been here. The food was amazing, the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terrible.LunchesVIPDined on 11/20/2014Service was terrible! I called to follow up with the manager and was not called back. What happened to service and service recovery?
- Perfect steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/18/2014Both the ahi starter and steak entre were superb. We had to wait nearly an hour after the starter before the steaks arrived, but when they did, they were worth it. Very busy restaurant, service excellent when you get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerryRDined on 11/18/2014We don't come often but Bohanan's never fails to deliver the attention and great food we enjoy for a very special occasion. Even the employees assigned to clean the tables and fill the water glasses are very professional and a delight to visit with!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed with service or food for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014We were celebrating my wife's b-day. We got there 30 min before our reservation and they would not accommodate our request to get seated early. I believe they purposely want you to wait in their bar area and order their expensive drinks. Once we were seated, we were seated next to the kitchen area in a very high traffic area. So we had to request a better table. The waiter was very nice once we got to talking to him. The wine sommelier was also very nice. However when the food came out it was warm not hot. We decided to order desert after looking at the desert menu. However 20 minutes later we decided to leave after the waiter never came back once he had given us our bill. We were very disappointed with the overall experience. I will not return nor would I recommend this restaurant to anyone. My wife even called the Mgr the next day and he said he would research our concerns but he never got back with us.
- Was a little disappointed this time for a change.bq77kenDined on 11/16/2014I suggested the AKA steaks to my friends and they were very satisfied. For the first time I ordered the dry aged NY Strip and was not impressed by the taste, texture and undercooking.. The ambance was good however the temp was a little cold since we were seated by the windows. Side dishes were properly portioned and tasty. Our server; Jenny S was very professional and knowledgable. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both the food and the service were GREAT!!HoustonGirlDined on 11/15/2014Thank you Mike, Alex and Enrique for making our dining experience....Perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Great service. Excellent Food. Steaks were exceptional from the 7 oz filet to the 13 oz filet. Even the baked potato was excellent. Waiter was excellent not overly attentive, but just the right amount. Great evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the best food and wine I have ever had.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014he romantic and food was beyond belief. This is the best I have seen on three continents. Please try for great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceNighterDined on 11/14/2014Food and service were excellent, just as expected. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014The food is superior in quality and taste, best beef I've enjoyed in a long time! Service was very good, as were the drinks and wine choices!! Would return again when I'm in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectRichardDined on 11/10/2014If your expectation is to have the Best then Bohanan's should be your first choice. Every detail of having a totally top shelf dining experience is addressed at Bohanan's-WITHOUT having to ask! From the minute you arrive all you have to worry about is making a decision on what to order as the choices are all fantastic. Bottom line-you need to go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Donna GottEXQUISITEDined on 11/10/2014Bohanan's is the best in San Antonio for steaks and dinningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bohanan's 11/10/14Kibble1Dined on 11/10/2014This was my first visit to Bohanan's -- it was awesome! I definitely will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowKkx4Dined on 11/10/2014We felt the wait for our meal was slow. Food was okay but not as good as last time. They only had one bottle of the wine we ordered.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerGoodVIPDined on 11/9/2014When we arrived at our booth, we were greeted with rose petals strewn on the table cloth, followed up with two glasses of champagne. I mentioned when making the reservations that we would be celebrating our 5th anniversary. Very nice touch! The food was delicious and service was attentive. Beautiful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A PERFECT NIGHTgradyladyDined on 11/9/2014This was our first time to try Bohanan's and it was an incredible find. We had heard of it and expected it to be expensive, which it was. But we did not expect it to be so worth it. And in the scheme of things, it was very reasonably priced. The little appetizer they have is at the beginning (sugared jalapeno peppers over cream cheese) were delicious. The wine list was extensive and excellent. Steaks were cooked perfectly and my husband is very fussy. The broccoli was crisp tender and the au gratin potatoes were superb. Even the wedge salad, which you would consider to be pretty standard was extra good with Maytag bleu cheese that made me want to lick the plate. Sergio gave us impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationJustwhatthedocorderedVIPDined on 11/8/2014We came to Bohannons to celebrate my daughter's 22nd birthday. Despite us getting there late at the last sitting at 10:45 service was fantastic and there was never any urgency to have us leave. Mo and Sergio were Amazing!! What a tremendous evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special AnniversaryourcozyspotDined on 11/8/2014I made reservations on line and noted it was our anniversary. We had rose petals on our table and special attention by all our servers. I wasn't happy with the wine suggested and the sommelier made sure I was happy with the second one. Food was of excellent quality and prepared expertly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- qtpiDined on 11/8/2014A wonderful experience! We ordered strawberries imperial but there prepared it so far away, we didn't get to enjoy the show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cricket331Dined on 11/8/2014We had an outstanding dining experience Saturday evening. Staff were extraordinarily professional and attentive. Food was impeccable. Dinner was unhurried and relaxing like a great meal should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRickDined on 11/8/2014Can't wait to go again. Bohanan's did an outstanding job to make our 32nd wedding anniversary a very special one. Our table was adorned with rose pedals. We were given champaign. The staff was 5 star plus. Again can't say enough about this wonderful experience we had at Bohanans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 11/8/2014The food was great and the service outstanding. The valet parking is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So, thankful for the recommendationtwirlwindtravelers106Dined on 11/6/2014Very nicely located near the Riverwalk Mall weather cleared and became a beautiful belated honeymoon dinner. Thanks to our friends that recommended this as one of our must do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationMimiDined on 11/6/2014We ate at Bohanan's before the threaten. It was perfect and they kept our doggie bag in their frig so we could retrieve it after the show. Very special restaurant for special occasions. The service was excellent and the food was superb.Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience EverColoradotexassubaruDined on 11/6/2014This may well be our best dining experience ever. Bohanon's mix of ambiance, food quality, and service made for a wonderful combination. Our server, Angela, was so knowledgeable, friendly and attentive to our needs. We were visiting from out of town and went to Bohanon's prior to attending a play at the Majestic. We are already talking about a return trip to San Antonio to visit Bohanon's.Special Features:
- First class restaurant060383Dined on 11/5/2014This restaurant is excellent in every aspect. The downstairs is an upscale bar with great music. Upstairs is the restaurant which also has a small bar. We had a table by the window upstairs which we would definitely request again however; the entire restaurant is well appointed. It reminds me of a cross between New Orleans and Washington DC steakhouses. The wine list is extensive with a wide range of prices. The on menu steaks are superb (3 of us enjoyed the filet) but they also offer off menu choices that are much more expensive. The crabmeat stuffed shrimp wrapped in bacon was excellent as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014I took my twin sister to Bohanans for our Birthday. From the minute we arrived we were treated that queens. Our wait staff was amazing and the food was spectacular. It's both of our new favorite restaurants!You have to check this place out!Special Features:
- 20 Year Anniversary DinnerSteakluverDined on 11/5/2014Our first time at Bohanan's. Perfect dinner to celebrate our anniversary. Food (Filets) was great, service outstanding and we didn't feel like we were rushed. Waiter (Josh - highly recommended) asked if we were attending the show at the Majestic Theater (and we were), he made sure we were checked out with plenty of time to walk across the street for the show. They even held our leftovers in their fridge to pick up after the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BeststeakeaterDined on 11/4/2014This was the second time we had dined here and it was the best. I think this was the best steak I have ever eaten anywhere. First class service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrating our anniversaryangeldr01Dined on 11/1/2014it was a great night... we were celebrating our first anniversary. I would like a little more privacy, because a couple sat next to our table, and there were more available tables in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Step Back in TimeTioRobertoDined on 11/1/2014A special place for special occasions. Bohanan's is a trip back in time to the elegant steakhouses of yesteryear. The service was attentive without being intrusive. Every detail was outstanding. The steak was deliscious and the macadamia nut encrusted red snapper is a treat. A bit pricey for a regular habit, but well worth that special dining experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous Fine DiningAndieDined on 11/1/2014I've been here on special occasions and each time has been very special and momentous. Great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star QualityHIC13Dined on 11/1/2014This restaurant is, in my opinion, the very best that the city has to offer in all respects. The food, the wine, the service, and the atmosphere are unsurpassed. We had the Akaushi ribeye among other items. It was incredible. Ask for Sergio when you make your reservation....he made our visit a real pleasure.Special Features:
- PaceDined on 11/1/2014Food was great and overall the service was excellent. We did wait awhile for some of the courses such as dessert. Also, another waiter had a table set up behind me and started cooking one of the flaming desserts. The flame came up so high that I moved my chair because I thought I was going to get burned. Not fun. A little too noisy for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy, but worth itCyrusX4Dined on 11/1/2014Bring your pocketbook, because you're going to need it. That being said, you're getting your money's worth. Tremendously good meal, spot on service, exceptional wine list, and perfect atmosphere. You're paying a premium, but you're buying excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinaPerfromNorthCarolinaDined on 10/31/2014Without question, the best food and service that I have thus far experienced!!Special Features: