Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood
219 East Houston Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bohanans.com/
- Phone: 2104722600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Bohanan / Owner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment from South Texas Jazz on Friday & Saturday Evenings!
- Cross Street: Navarro or Saint Mary's
- Public Transit: Bohanan's is located in the center of downtown San Antonio; walking distance from most downtown hotels and conveniently located to city's public transportation.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Curbside valet available. Valet service will be added to the final bill.
A word from Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood
Bohanan’s fame is founded on sublimely tender prime beef grilled over fragrant mesquite wood. Enjoy extraordinarily delicious Akaushi beef, Chef/Owner Mark Bohanan’s large custom cuts of prime aged corn-fed beef, succulent seafood flown in fresh daily, and spectacular table-side desserts flambé. Imbibe a classic cocktail at the first-floor Bar at Bohanan’s, then join us upstairs for the best steak you’ve ever eaten. Located in a historic building in downtown San Antonio about a block from the River Walk. AAA Four Diamond rating and Wine Spectator’s Best of Award of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
323 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (274)romantic (219)notable wine list (186)fit for foodies (108)vibrant bar scene (73)good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (47)hot spot (41)scenic view (38)late-night find (28)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great DininglovieDined on 8/31/2014A friend and I had dine there before so we decided our next trip to SA we would take our husbands and they enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale and classic steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Exceptional attentive table service, lovely atmosphere, dressy but still relaxed and fun. I had the small filet and my husband had the bone in rib eye. The steaks absolutely lived up to their reputation. Steak fries with truffle oil, house salad, lobster creamed corn, French onion soup... We loved everything. Pricey but well worth the $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bohanan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014There seemed to be miscommunication amongst the servers, our before dinner drinks were to be added to the final bill as was discussed when we arrived. Rather, two different servers came to our table as we were enjoying our dinner and demanded $10.00 dollars for the drinks rather than just add it to the final bill. Thought that could have been handled more professionally as we did spend $200.00 dollars for dinner, the wait staff is very inexperienced for the most part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and experience!mjc2015Dined on 8/29/2014If you are looking for a nice restaurant for a special occasion (and don't mind spending a lot of money), then this is the perfect place! The people were wonderful and the food was excellent. We did not have a single bad thing to say about our experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We have eaten at Bohanan's many times and each and everytime the food, atmosphire and service out does the time before. The service at Bohanan's is one of the best we have every had and they treat you as though there is no other patrons around. We would suggest anyone for a special occasion or just a night at the riverwalk to try Bohanan's!Special Features:
- Simply Awesome!cjrodDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I visited Bohanan's for our five year anniversary. We had a wonderful dining experience...maybe the best we've ever had. The service, atmosphere, and food were all top notch. We will definitely be going back when we have the opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D. RochaRockfishDined on 8/28/2014I have dined at Bohanan's several times and I have never been disappointed. Their service is impeccable, the ambiance is 5 star and the steaks are top of the line. They have a very comprehensive wine list and their wine prices are in line with other restaurants of similar caliber. Their off the menu steaks are a must and the flambéed strawberries are prepared table side along with vanilla icecream making for a very delectable dessert. All in all I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant dining!Dlyn9Dined on 8/27/2014The service was outstanding, the food was delicious, and the dining area was very elegant. All diners receive their candied jalapenos on cream cheese with butter toast, and fresh bread with butter. For those who don't like meat, they have a vegetarian platter that was enormous. My husband had the chicken with goat cheese mashed potatoes. Delicious. We ended the meal with Cream Brule, also, excellent. After our meal, we sent to the first floor and listen to the Jim Cullum Jazz band, which is a must see. It was a wonderful evening I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014This was a wonderful experience for our 19th wedding anniversary. Our waiter paid attention to great detail to make our evening a special one. The food was outstanding and we had the time of our lives! This is a perfect place for a celebration! Loved it!Special Features:
- INCREDIBLE!JammaDined on 8/26/2014. We have been trying many different restaurants throughout the San Antonio area and I have to say it is definitely one of the best, if not the best. The food was delicious, the service attentive and the ambiance was terrific. We sat at the bar for a drink before dinner, the bartender (Clint) made us wonderful margaritas that we don't often find in even good restaurants. We order salads (house and spinach) and both were excellent. My husband ordered snapper with crab and scallops and I ordered the tenderloin and a baked potato. I ordered the potato with all the trimmings but there was too much sour cream for my liking. But that was my fault because I should have asked for light sour cream. We were so full we didn't order dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bohanans is overpricedSkierDined on 8/26/2014Bohanans is a high-quality steak house that provides exceptional service. Steaks are good, but overall, the place is overpriced in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best everDinnerBrattDined on 8/23/2014Seriously dinner combination of food and ambiance we have ever had (and we like to eat!) Terrific date / anniversary place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!!DannyRenaeDined on 8/23/2014Our experience with Bohanan's was fabulous!!!! They made sure that you were definitely wined and dined!!! We would not hesitate to go back!!! WE LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!Special Features:
- Slow!DallasDinerDined on 8/21/2014It took an hour to get our food. I find this unacceptable. The starter was nice. We never got any butter for our rolls. The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge was fun to watch, but took chefs away from preparing meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceFirsttimrDined on 8/20/2014We were celebrating out anniversary and they really made it special. There were rose petals on the table and comped us two glasses of champagne. I can't say enough about the crab cakes. They were nearly all crab and very generous portions. The greek and wedge salads were amazing and the presentation was perfection. My husband had the rib eye and said is was very good and tender. Our waiter was wonderful and said he loved what he did and had worked there for three years. Fabulous service making our evening a perfect eventing.Special Features:
- Tim1Dined on 8/20/2014The food was delicious , the best steak ever. Excellent service, Mo and Jo were great. Planning on coming again soon. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great placelennyb459Dined on 8/20/2014Good was great but the service was impeccable. They even held our leftovers for us in their fridge until after the show at the majestic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinetimeDined on 8/18/2014Service was great! Food was cooked just the way we wanted it. Good selection on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We have yet to be disappointed in the food service or ambience at this fine establishment. We will be returning next month for our monthly fix of great steaks and wonderful staff.Special Features:
- Main courseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014It took over and hr and a half after we ordered to get our main course we ended up just having to take it to go. Obviously when you have to reheat your food the $50 steak tastes like a $5 steak. The staff was very nice I just really wish we could have enjoyed the food seeing how pricey everything was.Special Features:
- Bohanan's amazing!KrimasDined on 8/16/2014Always have loved this restaurant. My 12 year old wanted to go out for a dinner where he could dress up and eat a steak. Couldn't think of a better place than this. The service, food, drinks, atmosphere…all top notch. Couldn't have been happier.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingJohnDined on 8/16/2014Our favorite steakhouse in San Antonio. Steaks and seafood are always too notch, along with delicious sides and incredible service, you can't go wrong at Bohanan's. It can be a bit pricey, but in my book it's the best steakhouse in San Antonio, so it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bohanan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Based on a tip from a friend, my wife and I decided on Bohanan's to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed! From the moment we walked through the front door until we left, the service was exceptional and well-managed, and the food was outstanding at every course. I highly recommend Bohanan's!Special Features:
- Happy Birthday Supperdantheman79Dined on 8/16/2014By far my favorite steakhouse in San Antonio, the ambiance was great, the service was impeccable. We were a party of six (three couples) we ordered crab cakes for the appetizers, Greek salads and French Onion Soup, for the main course, the 40 oz. Porterhouse, the 24 oz. bone-in Ribeye, the Chateaubriand for two, Grilled Jumbo Asparagus, Potatoes Au Gratin, and Baked Potato. For desert it was tableside Cherry Jubilee. Fabien Jacob, Bohanas's Master Sommeliers choose an excellent wine to go with the steaks. Afterwards we headed down for some cigars out on the patio and later listen to some great jazz music. Our waiter of choice is always Mr. Mo., can't say enough about his attentiveness, his service and his talent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- world classWeaknessforQualityDined on 8/16/2014I have dined in 5 star restaurants and many highly recommended venues in a number of great cities in this and other countries and rate Bohanan's as one of the very best if not the best. In fact, all things considered the reasonableness of the cost make it my personal favorite of all. Reasonable pricing is only a small part of this exquisite restaurant. The service and cuisine are simply world class.Special Features:
- Great special noghtZach8620Dined on 8/15/2014Took my fiancé here for a special night downtown to relax for a night, ate here for dinner and for think it could have been any better. Service was amazing, food even better, lots of options on the menu. Wine list was incredible and the pre-prohibition cocktail menu was very interesting. Would recommend to anyone looking for a top of the line steakhouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend an anniversaryApruDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I choose This restaurant in celebration of our 20th wedding anniversary. The service was outstanding. The waitstaff was very friendly and interactive. They made sure our every need was met. We had everything from appetizers all the way to dessert. We had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Jose is the best!CMPBVIPDined on 8/15/2014Bohanan's is my favorite restaurant in San Antonio! Jose is the best server in town, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in TexasTomcatDined on 8/14/2014Been here 4 times and the steaks are awesome. Service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsLBSanAntonioDined on 8/12/2014This was a absolute awesome experience from the great service, outstanding service and ambience. We were celebrating a collegues service anniversary with spouses and team members, everyone was absolutely impressed. My wife has a gluten allergy and the staff was great at recommending items that would meet her dietary needs. New favorite restaraunt...Special Features:
- Deserving of Top RankingHowdynCKTDined on 8/10/2014First time there but won't be the last. Service was top notch, Enrique and all of our staff was very attentive and helpful. You never had to ask for anything. Excellent wine list. The "jalapeno butter" I will call it was worth the trip alone, it was absolutely delicious. The oyster appetizers are probably the best we have ever had. We had the Chateaubriand. The meat was cooked to perfection, juicy, flavorful and melted like butter in your mouth. We enjoyed our dinner immensely and will be back. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- UndercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014I love Bohanan's and it was solid as usual but they missed the mark on the meat. The bone in filet was ordered medium rare but served cool almost cold. The Kobe filet while an amazing cut was ordered medium but served rare and cold. In a town of dozens of amazing steakhouses this place should be on point. Still the bananas foster was amazing as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service!OrlandoDined on 8/10/2014Friendly staff, great atmosphere, would recommend to anyone looking for great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014This is a first class restaurant, of the type which there are very few left anywhere. Best place in San Antonio. Better than most places anywhere. pricy but you get what you pay forSpecial Features:
- Bohanan'sRubenV1132Dined on 8/9/2014Great bar to along along with their great food. One of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First classDizzydiningDined on 8/9/2014Rarely is a restaurant at the top regarding food and service - I don't mean good, I mean superb. Everything we had, from drinks at the bar through dessert and coffee was among the best we've ever had. The service - unobtrusive but highly effective, personable, professional, made the dining even better. Prices high for San Antonio - but not for this level of dining in other cities.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationHappyCoupleDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I recently celebrated our 28th Anniversary by dining @ Bohanan's on 08/09 with a 6:15pm reservation. We ordered the Chateaubriand for Two and Cherries Jubilee for dessert. The presentation and service were outstanding, Gabriel and Shawn as well as the rest of the staff, took great care to ensure that every detail of the evening was perfect. Thank you so much for everything, we couldn't have chosen a better place to celebrate our covenant of love than an evening of fine dining at Bohanan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent food and service. Always a great evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Our waiter was exceptional. We had an hour before a showmat The Majestic. He was Johnny On The Spot! Our ribeye was wonderful and the heirloom salad was not only beautiful but delicious!Special Features:
- It doesn't get any better than thisheadraccoonDined on 8/8/2014Everything was just outstanding. You won't find a better steak anywhere. Excellent sides and enough to share. Service by Mo and Jose was terrific. Never wanted for anything. Deserts are to die for. You got to go to Bohanan's for the best meal you have ever had.Special Features: