Bogie's at Spruce Point Inn
88 Grandview Ave
Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bogie's at Spruce Point Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sprucepointinn.com/bogies
- Phone: (207) 633-4152 ext. 606
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: Dinner: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brooks Roberts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Offering full catering services for private events up to 20 guests in our Private Dining room or outdoor on our oceanfront deck.
A word from Bogie's at Spruce Point Inn
Enjoy the lively, New England tavern atmosphere of our casual bistro that is a favorite with locals and visitors alike. Dine on fresh, regional specialties prepared and served with comfort and conversation in mind. Sample savory dips with flatbreads, tapenades, chowder and the freshest local fish, or traditional pub favorites like lobster macaroni and cheese. Bogie’s is family friendly with a casual dress code and features live entertainment. Reservations are recommended. Walk-ins are welcome. We invite you to enjoy Bogie’s copper-topped and mahogany accented lounge and the capabilities of our separate private dining room. You won’t miss your favorite sports broadcast either - a 60” plasma and comfortable seating are just off the dining room adjoining the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Bogie's at Spruce Point Inn - Best Restaurants in Boothbay Harbor ›
Bogie's at Spruce Point Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Sunday Night DinnerOctinMaine2014Dined on 10/5/2014Came to Bogies for a casual Sunday dinner. They had a "Lite" side option on the menu that fit our needs perfectly. Our meal was delicious and the staff at Bogies provided us with a memorable dining experience during our "end of season" stop there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maine casualJannieVIPDined on 9/19/2014Lovely casual restaurant in beautiful Spruce Bay Inn in Booth Harbor...very warm relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:
- BogiesMickiDined on 9/12/2014Food was good .french fries the best. Desserts are not greatSpecial Features:
- Could be betterperryDined on 9/11/2014Service at Bogies was very disappointing. We felt the staff were not properly trained compared to other fine resorts. The food was inconsistent. For instance, my egg white omelet one morning resembled a thin, hard, white pancake. Clearly not made by a chef. The next day I added spinach to it and the omelet was made properly, but was swimming in grease. We watched a couple not seated or waited on for the breakfast buffet. They ate heartily and left without being noticed and did not pay the bill, even through there was a hostess and two waiters. For a resort that is listed as a spa, there were no heart healthy options. The oatmeal was made with double cream and sugar. We went elsewhere for breakfast after our experiences.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Enjoyed the prix fixe option. Well spiced jerk chicken wings, tasty Caesar salad, and beautifully cooked salmon and excellent hand-cut fries. Service was excellent; waiter was friendly and attentive but unobtrusive.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Bogie's was a perfect upscale spot for a light dinner. The lite bite salad with lobster was delicious and the lobster mac and cheese was good too. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Our visit to Bogies was just what we needed. It was nice to see something other than just lobster on the menu. Great mix of offerings and good children's options too. Wonderful view. Lovely staff.Special Features:
- Convenient if you are on propertyashcradrDined on 8/25/2014Bogies was very convenient and the atmosphere is great for kids. Service, while polite, was disappointing. Food was okay, but we opted to avoid it for the rest of the trip - attempts to hit home runs on the menu came up more like singles or doubles. One plus was a reasonably priced wine list - though it was only provided to us after we attempted to order a glass off the regular menu.Special Features:
- Great "VIP" Dining Experience!NinaDined on 8/15/2014We had guests in from NY/Florida and took them to Bogie's. The atmosphere & sunset was gorgeous, the food excellent. The service was very friendly & professional, however, a little slow, although it was a busy Friday night in high season. Noise level is high and lively. Overall we enjoyed our dining experience & were pleased that our guests were delighted! Would definitely recommend Bogie's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Bogie's at Spruce Point Inn reviews archive.
- KittyjoeDined on 7/24/2014My daughter & I ate at Bogies the first night we arrived @ SPI. The crab cake was done perfectly & large enough to share as an appetizer. I ordered a shrimp kabob as my entree & my daughter ordered the fried clams. Her meal was so large she shared some clams with me and they were done very well. Crispy but not over or under cooked. I ordered the Sangria and it was delicious. We ate breakfest two mornings and had the buffet and it was very good. The only complaint I have is that their Ice Tea & Lemonade need work. If they made fresh brewed Iced Tea & homemade lemonade instead of the watered down mix it would be a great improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service1871FLDined on 6/21/2014We started with drinks at the bar. Very pleasant and knowledgable bartender. Attractive bar. They pour anything requiring tonic with Fevertree which I thought was a nice touch. Especially since we like gin and tonic. Marcona almonds at the bar. Nice. Excellent chowder and Oysters. I had blackened pork. Outstanding. My wife had the red snapper special. Loved it. We had the McMurray Pinot, which I would recommend. Blueberry pie for dessert was inventive and tasty. We've been before and we'll go again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our best nights in MaineCaseystarDined on 8/23/2013I wanted to go to a slightly more upscale place while we were in Maine, at least for one night. So glad we found Bogie's. My husband and I took our boys, ages 15 and 12. We were casually but nicely dressed and that is definitely the correct take on this place. Our server was very attentive and informative. This place made a killer gin and tonic (yummy). I started with the clam chowder which was excellent and my husband said is raw oysters were very good (local). Steamed lobster dinner, fried clam dinner, fish and chips and flat iron steak were all outstanding. View while dining looks out over Maine coast. So pretty. Desserts were so good. This was a perfect evening and the restaurant and hotel staff could not have been nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2013The service was fabulous . Warm and friendly. Comfortable setting. Plenty of choices for all, with very reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at BoggiesBupsiDined on 7/27/2013Always love the Inn...prefer 88 but we wanted casual. Only problem were a couple of tables of screaming kids! and the mess they left on the floor was really over the top.....but also realize if families come in they have to eat somewhere....double edged sword. food was great as was the service.Special Features:
- limited but very goodStanDined on 7/26/2013Limited menu, but what they have is very good. Service is excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great Food,1871FLDined on 7/25/2013Nice evening. We brought friends this time and had another great experience at SPI. The crab cake is the best I've had, flat iron steak is top quality and cut, and the desserts really take it over the top. Try the s'more. It will surprise you. Really nice evening. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Expected a little more...FoodiefunVIPDined on 7/7/2013While we didn't have anything bad, there was nothing to really rave about. For the money I would have expected a bit more. Ambience is nice and the hostess and servers were friendly. Just could have had a celebrity chef dinner in Boston for the same price. We were also put off by the fact that the prices on the menu were not reflected on our bill. The food items on the bill were each 3-4$ more. Not sure if this was an oversight on the part of the restaurant or a computer error, but it left us feeling underwhelmed.
- We are regulars at BogiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012We are regulars at Bogies whenever we are in the Booth bay area. Spruce point is a quintessential Maine location and should be on everyone's to do list while in the area.Special Features:
- Enjoyed nice meal at BogiesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2012Enjoyed nice meal at Bogies at SPI - much of menu is conprised of locally sourced items. The lobster salad was terrific, burgers also very good. Only complaint is our glasses of wine were very, very skimpy.
- Poor service with average foodB893Dined on 8/16/2012Poor service is the norm here- it took 55 minutes to receive our salad, which the waitress served with our entrees. She never brought the requested second drinks, and with only 25 patrons in the restaurant, they certainly cannot blame it on being too busy. In addition, they then tacked on an automatic 20% gratuity as we were a party of 7 people -the service barely warranted 10% at best. While we love the Inn and stay here every summer, this experience is always a problem and we resolve to forgo any future attempts. There are too many wonderful options in town to bother with Bogies.
- Lovely and relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012Our server was new and did a great job. She recommended the clam chowder and it was amazing! Having a mixture of meat eaters and vegetarians (4) we all found salads, soups, burgers and fish that were tasty and served in a timely manner. The pretzel bread and mustard was new to us and very good. There were tables around us of kids, older people and couples. All seemed to be having a good time and enjoying themselves, without being disruptive or unable to enjoy themselves. Well done Spruce Point Inn!Special Features:
- Horrible service and mandatoryJDinDCVIPDined on 8/12/2012Horrible service and mandatory 20% tip for party of 7. Many erroneous charges on check, including things that were ordered and never were brought to table - so they subtracted them as "comp" items rather than taking them off check entirely. Took forever to get check rung because only our server, who couldnt be found, could run our credit card. Food was fair to good. Beautiful property and location.
- Best place in Harbor for all meals!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012We stayed at the Inn and had a fabulous brunch in Bogie's Saturday morning. The most fresh & succulent fruit was delicious as well as the array of breakfast items, including freshly made Belgian waffles - a favorite with the children & scrumptious mini croissants. The dining-room captain, Alisha (sp) was professional, attentive & extremely knowledgeable. Dining room was exceedingly well-run & servers efficient & attentive at both of the meals we had. Friday dinner was casual enuff for kids yet still very nice, i.e. cloth napkins. We were on a budget & thought we would save $$ on Sat. dinner @ Andrews on the Harbor. BIG MISTAKE. The food was inedible; microwaved potato & gelatinous cabernet sauce on steak. Next time it's Bogies every meal!Special Features:
- GREAT BUFFET BREAKFAST, DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2012GREAT BUFFET BREAKFAST, DINNER WAS EXCELLANT ALSO.Special Features:
- Part of the Spruce Point InnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2012Part of the Spruce Point Inn and Spa, Bogies is a laid back, kid-friendly pub like restaraunt with something for everyone. We had PEI muscles and lobster mac 'n cheese. The muscles were as good as it gets and the mac 'n cheese was above average. The only drawback is that the drinks, while well mixed, are small in quantity. I went for wine when we returned (we stayed at the Inn). Dinner can be relatively inexpensive or over $100 for two depending on what tickles your fancy. Bogies is also really great for breakfast, starting with an available buffet. We sampled a number of dishes, all very good. Try the lobster benedict, made with Hollandaise sauce, a nice variation of an old theme. Very friendly and attentive staff too!Special Features:
- Good potential but disappointingKSmithVIPDined on 9/3/2011I have to admit that I was disappointed. The location is spectacular yet you get no appreciation for it in the restaurant. From the minute we walked in, it felt like the B team was working there. They seemed overwhelmed and lacked any sense of polish. The wine list was extremely disappointing. $28 for Clos Du Bois chardonnay? It was hard to find a good stand by that many other restaurants in the area carry. Overall, I wanted to love the experience and unfortunately came out feeling let down.
- One of the worst dining experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/3/2011One of the worst dining experiences I have had. Poor service and marginal food. Couldn't get my bill right. Crab bisque served with no spoons (had to steal a teaspoon from the table next to us as the waitress disappeared). My bisque had plenty of crab while my wife's had nearly none. Dessert (pie) served with spoons (probably extra from the bisque) then the waitress figured that this was wrong and brought a knife and fork (???). Bill arrived with a charge for coffee that was never delivered and a glass of wine that was not requested and not delivered but charged for. Manager was not much help.
- Bogie's had both a terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/2/2011Bogie's had both a terrific setting, overlooking the ocean, but attentive but not overbearing service and well prepared food. In particular, the blueberry crumble dessert was outstanding.Special Features: