Bogart's Bar and Grill - Thousand Oaks
166 West Hillcrest Drive
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bogart's Bar and Grill - Thousand Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bogartsbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 8054944702
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Life gives us many reasons to smile, jump for joy and celebrate. From baby showers, graduation, bridal showers, anniversaries and birthdays we gather with friends and celebrate. Cherish these moments with those around you while we take care of the rest.
Indulge in top shelf wine and liquor selections, hand served passed hors d"oeurves, paired with courses of your choice. From business meetings, social happy hours, dinner and a movie, or a just a girls night out, whatever the reason Bogart's has just what you need to sit back, relax and indulge.
If you're looking for the 'wow' factor to make a lasting impression on your next meeting. Look no further than Bogart's Bar & Grill. Plan your next event around a movie in our lush VIP Premier level balcony auditoriums. Sit back and enjoy ultra-plush oversized theater chairs for the ultimate viewing relaxation. Sip on your favorite cocktail, wine or beer as the movie plays in stunning high definition Sony digital cinema 4K.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Reed 8054944702
- Entertainment: Combined with Muvico Theaters, Bogart"s offers an unique dining experience to our guests. Combined with Muvico Theater's 'The Premier' guests over the age of 21 can enjoy a VIP treatment after dinner in the lush over-sized seats. Guests can dine at Bogart's with or without seeing a film. Bogart's Bar & Grill is a great place to sit down for a wonderful meal or cocktail, before the show, after the show or anytime!
A word from Bogart's Bar and Grill - Thousand Oaks
Bogart"s Bar & Grill is a family friendly, full service bar and restaurant located on the 2nd floor of Muvico Theaters Thousand Oaks 14. We offer classic American Fare and top shelf liquor and wine selections in an upscale casual environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bogart's Bar and Grill - Thousand Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Easy in, easy outLikes2eatVIPDined on 4/22/2014This is a convenient place to eat when going to Muvico theaters . With all the choices around, I would not pick this place if I wasn't seeing the movies. I have read negative comments about the service and food. Our service was great, our server was friendly and the food was served timely. I had a delicious healthy flat bread pizza that I will order again, and my husband had a really good burger and fries. There is a full bar. They are always open, so if you like to see a movie and go eat on a holiday ( Easter, Christmas, ) they are open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2014Except for it's location and ambiance, this was a big disappointment. Someone in our party ordered a mixed bar drink, it was not drinkable. I had the fish tacos, the tiny sliver of fish was a joke and tasteless. My husband had one of the flatbread pizzas, it tasted like it came from the freezer. The waitress tried her best but it was an insurmountable hill for her, I felt bad. Needless the say we will not try it again.
- Nice PlacefoodieDined on 2/14/2014This is a nice place to stop off for a bite to eat before going to the movies at the Muvico Theater on the premises. Very convenient and accommodating for a night out to dinner and a movie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DateDebbieDined on 2/13/2014No wait .... The place was empty and the food was great! Love the roasted potatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Movie specialChrisMDined on 1/24/2014This is a good place to dine prior to attending a movie at the Movico theatreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bogart's should be betterPSJ68Dined on 1/18/2014Sorry - food just not great. This should be better. You have a great potential for diners who are seeing the movie but the food is not up to par. There are too many others choices close to the theatre and we have other choices.
- Easy place to eat after the movieBlondieDined on 1/4/2014This place needs to have dinner rolls! I kow it seems small, but when you order a soup or salad...no rolls. No crackers. No bread! The waitress said she could bring me a hamburger bun to eat with my salad! Really??
- Special OccasionAntnonyDined on 1/3/2014It was very good and getting at 2:30pm before major crowd is why we enjoyed it more verses noisy and crowdedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub par foodJorgeDined on 12/23/2013What a waste, with so many food-film venues opening up, this place is sadly behind the curve. Denny's quality food if that. I asked for a side of jalapeños to add some flavor to my food, and I was brought a dish of slices that were so old they were white were they'd been cut a week ago. Ridiculous. Someone should buy this place and do it right.
- Fish tacosdinnerandmovieDined on 12/19/2013There was only one, small piece of fish in each taco and the side of beans, which seemed to be from a can, were cold.
- Super busy night but we got in/out!AvokingDined on 12/19/2013Chris was our most excellent waiter on a super busy night. We were worried we wouldn't make it to our 7:30 movie, but he made everything work out fine checking on us many times. We even got in a desert and bringing our own wine wasn't a problem. The only negative was the couple across from us that were taking turns going down on each other. Well, practically going down. Sheesh, get a room you twits!!!Special Features:
- Bogart's Bar and GrillStephDined on 12/16/2013Went here on an incredibly busy night. We were warned our food wouldn't come out for an hour, although it ended up taking almost two hours, the service was just OUTSTANDING. They did anything they could to keep us happy and satisfied. Brought out popcorn and small bites while we were waiting, and made sure to keep checking up on us. They truly made the best with what they could that night. Not to mention the fact that when we ended up getting our food, it was AMAZING. Not just because we were hungry, but you could tell each plate was made individually, not mass produced. Very very good service and food. I will definitely come back hereSpecial Features:
- EnjoyablecZeeDined on 12/15/2013Service was sensitive to movie times and communicating wait time, food arrival time and offering snacks. I really enjoyed my meal, the right portion size, delicious and so convenient next to the movie theatre. It was busy, lots of people, many at the bar but it never felt too noisy or crowded because of the open area.Special Features:
- Non-existent serviceMrMovieGoerDined on 12/15/2013Showed up over an hour before our movie was to start and got seated immediately. Unfortunately, we then sat there for about 30 minutes without a single waiter looking our way. In fact, they appeared to actively ignore us on several occasions. (They looked under-staffed but that's no excuse for avoiding us.) Finally, our time was so limited that we decided "in-house to-go" was our only option if we wanted to see our movie. So we went to the bar and a lady there was nice enough (though not quite friendly — she apologized for being curt and said they were constantly under-staffed) to help us out. We ended up only missing a few minutes of previews so I guess things turned out; it just meant eating in the dark.
- bad serviceaserverbeingservedDined on 12/10/2013It wasn't busy and the server was no where to be found. She greeted us by saying I'll be right with you then about 5 minutes later she came back to get our drink order. I asked for a water and a cocktail and received just a cocktail. She came back, took our order and I reminded her about the water I had asked for. That was the last time we saw our waitress. Our seared ahi appetizer arrived and it tasted amazing. Then we received our salad and our entrees. I ordered the honey chipotle pork chops that had a bit of a kick and that water I still hadn't received was needed so I walked to the bar and got it myself. I had to go to the bar 3 times for refills and asked another server for ketchup. The waitress returned only to drop the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedYakkerDined on 12/7/2013Booked dinner after a movie. The person who checked us in did not have our reservation. Indicating it would be a one hour wait. Luckily I had brought with me my printed confirmation. Still after fifteen minutes we checked in again and he told us he did not have our name written down. We were finally seated. Food take almost 50 minutes and was warm but not hot. One of our items was the macaroni cheese, it was dry and was missing the bacon. Waitress could not have been nicer or more accommodating...we will not return to restaurant.
- food to goladyZVIPDined on 12/7/2013Took 45 min to get our order to go, good thing we were and could take it to eat in the theater. Great boneless chicken wings. manager provide great customer service. recommend to get there 2 hours before the movie if you're dining in an hour if you taking it to go.Special Features:
- Meh...But convenient...rosieslandDined on 12/7/2013Though the service was quite good, the food left much to be desired. I had the skirt steak (easy cut of meat to prepare), and it was SUPER overdone; texture reminiscent of leather shoe soles. Accompanying rice and beans were on the low side of average, at best. Also ordered a side of garlic cheesy bread...topping was so salty that I had to scrape it off to eat the rest of it. For the price of the food, I expected more from the quality. However, our server was kind and attentive, and when we brought the cheesy bread situation to her attention, she took it off our bill with no questions. Wouldn't come back for the food...just for the convenience when seeing a movie there, and will try a burger next time (harder to mess up, I think...)
- Price is Right!!!DavidBDined on 12/7/2013The food was very good and we were served nice portions. The only item that needed to be changed was that our appetizer was late and then a few minutes later our dinner was served. Perfect for eating before the movie or right after. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Movie dinnerKikiDined on 12/7/2013Food is perfectly fine, nothing amazing, but not bad. Fun place to eat before a movie. Happy hour is a great deal, dinner seems a little overpriced for the quality of the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013'Twas our first time there and it feels like were a regular customers. The service is well appreciative! Great job guys! Will def gon go back! And the foood is hellllla great esp the half yard pizza and the chipotle porkchops!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! We share the "TheSusanBDined on 11/23/2013Great food! We share the "The Bogart" vege patty and the Chop Chop salad or we have the Tomato Basil pizza. The Spiked Calamari or Seared Ahi Tuna make great appetizers! Great place for dinner and a movie!Special Features:
- great for date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013My husband and I went to Bogart's for my birthday and a much needed "date night" without the kids. Our waiter was attentive and got us out in time to catch our movie. Definitely going back agsin.Special Features:
- Different way to do dinner/movieGaryDined on 10/26/2013A menu with a good variety. We found a wine we enjoy often. My pork chops were good, seasoned well and nice and moist. My wife's shrimp pasta was also seasoned well and tasty. The service was good. Hopefully it's that way all the time and not just when a server is training another server as she was the night we went. Very nice setup with the Muvico theater situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and enjoyable evening.SuzanneDined on 10/25/2013Our first experience to Bogarts and Movico was fun and exciting! From the moment we arrived the staff was friendly and helpful. Our server, Michael at Bogarts was exceptional. The food was good and the wine list extensive. Best part of the evening was getting seated in our luxurious seats in Premier seating and eating our delicious popcorn! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hamburgers were great andAndyDined on 10/24/2013Hamburgers were great and the waitress was outstanding. Margeritas were good and the salads were so-so.Special Features:
- DinnerMariaDined on 10/18/2013When we have time before a movie , we drop in . It's always good and the people are great!Special Features:
- Bad day to goMgnm257Dined on 10/15/2013Service was zero-stars bad. Even though we had a reservation we waited for a table. And it wasn't busy. The food came to our table 5 minutes before our movie even though we had an hour and 15 minutes for dinner. 20 minutes after I ordered the server came out and said they were out of what I had ordered. Somehow I still got my food before my husband. He had to eat in the theater. The manager took care of things but we won't be back to eat there.
- Surprising GemDate4TwoDined on 10/15/2013Took my wife there on a date during the weekday. The service was impeccable. The pretzel was divine, the seared ahi tuna salad was great, and the pizza was very good. I ordered the medium rare steak and it was medium and a little too dry. It was a great overall experience for a lunch date before catching the movie "Gravity" at Muvico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOR THE MOVIES AFTERWARDhorsepl56Dined on 10/13/2013I like Bogart's because it is convenient when you watch a movie afterward. The food is always above average and comes quick. The staff are very cordial and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceTKOSCOTTDined on 10/12/2013The service is good but slow, took over 10 minutes for someone to even acknowledge we were there and take drink orders.Tables around us that were sat after us had waiters there faster than we did. Once they figured out who was handling our table the service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night location!ChristinaMDined on 10/12/2013Great Date Night location, good food, nice atmosphere. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal and a MoviekjyuanDined on 9/29/2013This is a great spot to have a nice lunch or dinner if you're also getting ready to watch a movie at Muvico. Located on the second floor of the movie theater, Bogarts have both a dining area and bar space. At the time we went, there were a few children's birthday parties going on so we decided to head to the bar area to eat. We were greeted by a very friendly Jamie. She took our orders and gave us plenty of time to pick what we wanted to eat. We ordered some onion rings for appetizer, the tomato bazil pizza, chicken tacos, and a side of green salad. Everything was amazing, especially the pizza and chicken tacos with lemon rice. I would definitely come back here again just for some quick bites to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceChristyCADined on 9/28/2013The flatbread pizza at Bogart's is really good. The staff is very friendly and provided great service. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2013It's a nice place to have good food after a movie.Special Features:
- Great place!BogartsVIPDined on 9/20/2013Great place for food. Always good. aAnd a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2013Out favorite night out is dinner at Bogarts and a movie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service. PleasantrichDined on 9/16/2013Good food and service. Pleasant surprise considering we were right outside the theatre.Special Features:
- Great FoodYackityDined on 9/15/2013Bogart's provides a very nice pre or post movie dinner spot. The food is well prepared and tasty. Servers are friendly and very helpful. Makes for a great date night!Special Features:
- Good for a movie night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013Food was good but nothing extra special--next time (and we will be back) we'll probably get some appetizers or pizza to share. While the service was extremely courteous, it was slow. I recommend making your reservation for after a movie. We didn't mind lingering, but if we had a movie to catch after dinner, it would have been a little stressful. We enjoyed the energetic atmosphere. It can get loud, so if you're looking for a romantic date night, this might not be the place, but still, it's fun for what it is. Honestly, it's a good conceptSpecial Features: