Boerner Botanical Gardens
9400 Boerner Drive
Hales Corners, WI 53130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zillihospitalitygroup.com/venues/boerner-restaurant/
- Phone: 4145255619x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch - 10:00am - 2:00pm
Seasonal Fish Fry
Friday Fish Fry - 4:00pm - 8:00pm
December 26th, 2014 - April 24, 2015
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Sokolowski
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: All catering at the Gardens is performed exclusively by Zilli Hospitality Group.
- Special Events: Boerner will feature a special Mother's Day Brunch and Easter Brunch.
A word from Boerner Botanical Gardens
Zilli Hospitality Group welcomes you to Boerner Botanical Gardens to experience fine cuisine amid a spectacular natural setting. Introducing ZHG’s Friday night fish fry with family-style Wisconsin favorites and our Sunday champagne brunch year-round. The Garden Room’s floor-to-ceiling windows bring the beauty of this horticultural showplace right to your table every time of year. Also available for private event rentals. We offer Sunday Brunches and Friday Fish Fries seasonally. Stay tuned for upcoming Easter and Mother’s Day Special Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Boerner Botanical Gardens - Best Restaurants in Hales Corners ›
Boerner Botanical Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (17)special occasion (13)scenic view (12)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (3)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- secretgardenDined on 9/21/2014Too much like a cafeteria. Ambiance would improve simply by placing a small bowl of flowers on each table. Negotiate free admission to gardens for diners.
- Gardens lovely. Food lacking.Mal2011Dined on 9/14/2014Our waitress, Courtney, was friendly and conscientious. The hostess was very peasant. Looking out at the gardens was beautiful. Better warming trays were needed. At best, the food was room temperature. Better heating trays were needed. The omelet station did not have enough burners for the cook. Only one omelet could be made at a time. A caprese salad was made with tomatoes from the gardens and was tasty. With all of the gardens, I questioned why more fruits and vegetables were not grown in the park. Looking out at the gardens on a sunny day was lovely; however, the restaurant room itself was sterile and dark. There were no fresh flowers on the table nor any plants from the garden decorating the room.Special Features:
- Zilli Brunch at BoernerDinahDined on 9/7/2014Our first visit since the change to Zilli from Bartolotta. Everything was very tasty, the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were the only group there for awhile so the attention to us was great. I thought the food was displayed nicely and easily accessible. My only negative would be that I thought it was overpriced and would only return for a special occasion. I would suggest a senior price since our appetites and budgets are limited. We will try the fish fry in the near future.Special Features:
- Great way to start your dayDonaldDined on 8/24/2014Nice ambience amongst the plants and excellent food with a Bloody Mary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Sunday brunch at Boerner Botanical Gardens combined with walks around the park both before and after brunch made for a wonderful family outing.Special Features:
- Not Bartollata's but good valueJohnEDined on 8/17/2014Decent price for good quality food, but don't expect the extent of the selections to come close to what Bartollata offered in the past. Zilli's gives you your money's worth. You have to be realistic and know that it would be impossible to offer everything included in a $40 brunch for $22. Consider this as a very good "mini brunch." Be sure to take advantage of the discounted admission the the gardens; makes for a beautiful Sunday experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in beautiful settingJackGDined on 8/10/2014We had Sunday brunch for 4 at Boerner Botanical Gradens and it exceeded our expectations. Two members of our table are real foodies and they were impressed by the quality and variety of food available. The setting is beautiful with large windows offering a view of the gardens. The brunch included several main meal offerings (beef, chicken, salmon) as well as made to order omlette bar, roasted vegetables, and other offerings. A good selection of desserts topped off the meal. We follwed the brunch with a walk in the gardens. Diners get a discount on the admission price with brunch receipt. Overall, a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Perfect for family or friends get togethers. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunchlovetoeatoutDined on 8/10/2014The brunch at Boerner Botanical Gardens was outstanding. They offer a nice assortment of both breakfast and lunch entrees, and the food was delicious! Everyone in the party of four enjoyed the brunch. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed Sunday Brunch and liked the view of the garden.
- Excellent Choice for Brunch!KmALueDined on 7/27/2014We have lived in Greenfield all of our lives. We have been to the Botanical Gardens hundreds of times to walk the grounds. We never have been to the brunch or the fish fry. We recently moved away from the area as we sold our home and now live 50 miles away. We wanted to meet family so we booked the Brunch as it was a central meeting place for family members. I can't believe we never ate there! Was pleasantly surprised! We Will definitely go back again for the fish fry when we are back in the area! The walk afterwards through the gardens to work off the brunch was perfect!Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedbrunchieDined on 7/20/2014Almost did not choose to dine here because of change in food provider and information on the website. We decided to give it a try because food by this provider is very good elsewhere. We were pleasantly surprised because brunch offerings were not quite as presented on website. Website had listed separate prices for entrees with an additional charge for brunch and no omelet station. However entrees were included in brunch and there was an omelet station (very good). Apparently they need to change this. The server said that they started that way but it had been changed. Presentation was very good. Signs were posted next to each item. Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchluvtogotobrunchesDined on 6/29/2014There were 12 of us in our party and after we were seated, we were immediately serviced by the waitress. We were not disappointed by the fine food that was presented on the buffet. Everything was delicious and last of all the dessert bar. Good idea. Ice tea was not available. Maybe that is something that could be considered for the future. Both of us would give this experience an A plus. Good job to everyone! This brunch was excellent. The food was beautifully arranged and every dish was very well done. The chocolate Covered banana was the best ever--a true chef's special. The service was excellent and the executive chef most charming. This place is a treasure and we will be back. The chicken was absolutely great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would definitely go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014When we arrived, we were greeted by two professional looking hosts/hostesses. We were directed to the bar until our table was ready, which only took a couple of minutes. The menu was not quite as extravagant as Easter or Mother's Day, but there still were plenty of choices at each station. The cost of the buffet reflected this, as well. I would have liked a few more warm veggie selections, though. Our family and friends attended brunch here on Easter and Mother's Day and it was outstanding. The all-you-can drink Bloody Mary bar was just that, with enough garnishes to make an entire meal! Some of our guests also enjoyed the mimosas....definitely excited for next year!!Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchfathersdaydinersDined on 6/15/2014For the past several years, our family has attended the father's Day brunch held annually at the Botanical Gardens. The food was very good this year as it has been every year however we were disappointed that there were fewer food choices. Specifically we missed the peel and eat shrimp and the waffle station. The service was outstanding and the staff was extremely friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Fun and InvitingboomrainDined on 6/15/2014The Boerner Botanical Gardens is a fun place to visit and so the fact that there is also brunch every Sunday makes for a nice Sunday morning and afternoon. Zilli's produces great food. This wasn't my first brunch and it probably won't be my last. Both times I have been, the menu has been different, which is awesome. It's served buffet style so there's plenty to go around. Everything is temped right and replenished. It was kind of warm in there this time but I guess the power had gone out. The place is clean, elegant and everyone is so friendly and the servers are attentive! It's one of the more pleasant dining experiences I have had in MKE. If you haven't gone, you should.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- father's day brunchmammashellDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed this spot! The food was great; interesting enough for adult tastes and still Kid friendly. We finished our visit with strolling the beautiful gardens. Service? Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Boerner Botanical Gardens reviews archive.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/1/2014We have attended brunch at Boerner on numerous occasions. Given the recent change to Zilli’s, we were concerned about the quality and variety. I must admit that the concerns were unfounded as the food was great. Not only did they provide higher quality options such as the beef tenderloin, there was a great selection of staples, such as sausage, pancakes and waffles for my picky daughter. Additionally, my wife has a sweet tooth and really enjoyed the variety of dessert options. Overall, the food and service was excellent. The only complaint, albeit small, was that the music was bit too loud at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Variety & wonderful service!MKEdinerDined on 6/1/2014When you take your (rather particular) mother-in-law to brunch, it is never a guarantee. We decided to try Boerner this past week & we (and I mean she) were not disappointed. We all had a great time and way too much to eat! Our server Jenny was a real pleasure and kept my father in laws coffee full (a must for him) She was very attentive and always had a smile on her face. There were so many options for food and it was a true brunch (both sweet and savory well represented) I had the breakfast items along with carved tenderloin (yum!), while others in our party went more of the lunch route. Gardens were beautiful, only suggestion is to maybe turn up the music a bit for a more lively feel.Special Features:
- Great Brunch, Service & ViewChop526Dined on 6/1/2014Great location and view! The menu variety was great and featured something for everyone. The staff was very pleasant and helpful! One of my biggest pet peeve is unfilled water glasses and the staff did an excellent job monitoring and filling waters! The quality of food is unmatched so kudos to the Chef(s). Great family atmosphere as well. There is something to be said for having a family member greet you at the door - great touch and we could all tell they love what they do! My suggestions as to how to improve would be the music as we could barely hear it. I would have liked to see more photos and brighter colors featured within the brunch displays. Will definitely be returning with friends and family! Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Return For Botanical BrunchdbreviewsDined on 5/18/2014Hello, I had open heart surgery, so my husband and I haven't to a buffet for quite some time. We booked the Botanical Garden Sunday Brunch because we have been there quite a few times before for special occasions. This time we booked for our anniversary. We were excited, because the food has always been outstanding. We didn't know until later that the Botanical Sunday Brunch was done by a different caterer. We won't return unless the brunch changes. What a disappointing cut-back in food offerings!! No cheese tray, no smoked salmon, one type of beef (and it was a bit tough), the chicken dish was dry and tasted terrible; bagged scrambled eggs(?). Salads were a disappointment. The coffee was too strong. The one bright spot was the desserts.
- Disappointed!JoJoDined on 5/18/2014We dined here in April 2013 and it was wonderful. Huge selection of brunch items, egg station, meat carving, a huge arrangement of cheeses, sausages, salads and breads and the desserts were amazing. It was about 10 stations in all. They also had a substantial list of foods they would cook to order for you. So we were excited to go again in 2014. Well, a new company took over and it was awful, they only had 4 stations serving subpar, overheated food, but at the same price. We will never go back.
- MehSpicyFoodieDined on 5/18/2014Seeing the gardens was nice, but the food was not worth the price. Nothing was warm and everything tasted just ok. I'd be tempted to try the fish fry, but I'll never do brunch again.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Food was just ok, nothing great. Ran out of some of the items before we were even seated. I don't know how much their regular buffet is but the Mother's Day brunch was overpriced at $35.
- Mother's Day Brunch NightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014What I thought was going to be an awesome Mother's Day Brunch turned out to be the worst meal I think I've ever eaten. We had 13 people/reservation at 2pm. My mother-in-law was recently diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. I wanted this to be special. We waited almost 20 mins. just to get a waitress. The buffet had zero shrimp, no cheddar cheese for omelets, and no desserts. If you're going to stop making/serving food by 2pm, don't take reservations at 2pm. Everything was dried out, or tasted disgusting. Here's the kicker; when I approached the manager, he said he'd check what was going on with the kitchen, but never came back and instead sent our waitress with the bad news that what was out, was out. Would not recommend to my dog.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food for brunch was overpriced with a limited selection. There was only one hot vegetable choice. Cold leaf salads were very good.Special Features:
- Brunch at BOERNEROrioleVIPDined on 5/11/2014Compared to previous caterer, this is a disappointment. Our party of 6 all were in agreement. The expense was much greater than the quality. We won't return for any meals with the present caterer.Special Features:
- Luv2BrunchDined on 5/11/2014Very disappointed in our Mother's Day Brunch! For the price of $32.95/person, we have had much much better. Much more variety, more ambience, much less noise. This was an all around disappointment. Never again!
- Mother's Day BrunchMothersDayDisasterDined on 5/11/2014This was the worst experience we have ever had at a restaurant, and we will not return. We were in an adjunct room away from the buffet; by the time we got back there with our plates our food was cold. We were never offered coffee, there was no butter on the table--when we asked for some we were given 5 pats of frozen butter on a paper plate. There were no plates at the dessert table. The bacon was way undercooked, and several people commented on this. There were 2 handicapped people also in our "room" who were unable to walk that far to get their food, and had to wait for assistance. It was not crowded at Boerner--there were several empty tables throughout our time there. A huge disappointment for Mother's Day. We will not be back.
- OkayFirelordDined on 5/4/2014Food was okay...not as fresh as I would have liked. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014The brunch did not have many items. The items it did have were cheap and not looking like they were being kept well. I miss barralata doing the brunch.
- Maybe Try LaterBrunchgourmetDined on 5/4/2014Arrived with high hopes, first ones to be seated for this morning brunch at 10am. Not everything was ready but that is to be expected. Wait staff very accommodating. Server even brought over a plate of scrambled eggs as they were not out there when we (group of 5) first approached food tables. Disappointments: only scrambled eggs (sitting in a liquid), no fried to order or omelets, no waffles or pancakes. Great taste - pork loin roast (sauce on the side) both guys loved it. Enjoyable - dessert table, still have small items to try, enabling one to try more than 1 thing without wasting. Again server was fantastic, always checking on us, kept the coffee hot, the water glasses filled and plates cleared.Special Features:
- Amazing Brunch!JEDINITEDined on 4/27/2014It pretty much had everything we wanted and more. Really liked that they brought us our cherry stuffed french toast, eggs, sausage and bacon all to the table right from the kitchen. Our group loved loved the pork, it was amazingly tender. Server was attentive to the table. It was a fun, brunch experience. We will be back!Special Features:
- Memorable Easter BrunchcudahygrammyDined on 4/20/2014Our family group of 15 wanted a special Easter Sunday brunch and we got it. They set us up in a more secluded area that, while not in the room with the food, our family enjoyed, because we almost had the room to ourselves and it overlooked the gardens. The food was delicious, the servers very attentive and we certainly felt that we got what we came for. We look forward to coming again, maybe for the fish fry?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunchfishfryfanaticDined on 4/20/2014We has a great time family and friends got together. The tenderloin both pork and beef was so tender and juicy. Was very full when leaving lots of different choices . Everyone left happy and full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch at the GardensOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I would rate the food as just average compared to other years when it was run by Bartolatta's. Would not likely return next year. The staff was very friendly. Some of the food was very good...but on the whole it wasn't as special as other years.Special Features:
- love the venue, good but priceyxyz123Dined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch fare was good, not great. We love the location - would come back when more plants are in bloom. The price for the brunch was too high - nowhere did I see a price per person when I made the reservations online, or on the Botanical Gardens website. Made reservations anyway, but our group was unpleasantly surprised at the amount per person - $32.00. A bit pricey, we all thought. Food was good, but not outstanding. We will not be back for a brunch and would not recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Very disappointingReview4youDined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch was awful. Food was cold - looked like it was sitting out for a long time. Desserts seem to have been frozen from the grocery store. It's Easter and they had no ham. I was surprised by that since most Easter meals include ham. Sad when Bartolatta's served brunch it was the best. Would not recommend the Brunch
- Easter Buffet . . .DskhunterDined on 4/20/2014. . . or here's how it looks when my Wife doesn't cook for Easter :-) We had a great table for two next to the garden in a quiet spot. The place is wide open with lots of people walking around to the buffet stations so this was a nice, quiet spot. Our waitress was charming, attentive and cute. The food was better than usual buffet offerings. There was an outstanding assortment to choose from. It was kept fresh and hot/cold as required. We enjoyed the experience and would not hesitate to try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch Delicious!celkiar04Dined on 4/20/2014We went here for Easter brunch. The food was exceptional and the service very attentive. The Easter bunny made an appearance. The grounds were open to brunch guests but closed to the public which made for very nice leisure stroll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch was ok, didn't measure up to Bartolatta's in past years, used to have live violin players, more food options, needed plain french toast & waffles w/ more toppings like in the past for kids, plain scrambled eggs for kids weren't there either, our kids were disappointed! Also the crafts used to be included in brunch price for kids, extra $6 per kid was a lot to ask! We got a lot less value and paid more $$Special Features: