93 Ossington Ave
Toronto, ON M6J 2Z2Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.boehmer.ca/
- Phone: 4165313800
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Wednesday the kitchen is open 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Thursday - Saturday the kitchen is open 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Paul Boehmer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer both in house and off-site catering for small and large groups alike. Please contact us for more information and menu options!
- Special Events: For private events please contact email@example.com
- Cross Street: Queen St. West
- Public Transit: Ossington 63 bus to Argyle St - walk just South on Ossington to 93.
Queen Streetcar to Ossington Ave walk North on Ossington to 93.
Dundas Streetcar to Ossington Ave walk South on Ossington to 93.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is meter parking available on Ossington Ave.
Alternately, 2 Green P lots are located nearby - one on Ossington North of Queen St. W, the other on Dundas St. W, just East of Ossington Ave.
A word from Boehmer
Located in downtown Toronto on popular dining and culture destination Ossington Avenue, Boehmer is an exciting place to be.Continued
We bring local food, chefs and artists to the table in a modern & comfortable setting.
For groups of 10 and over please contact the restaurant directly.
We bring local food, chefs and artists to the table in a modern & comfortable setting.
For groups of 10 and over please contact the restaurant directly.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Boehmer - Best Restaurants in Ossington ›
Boehmer reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (32)special occasion (26)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (21)good for groups (20)notable wine list (13)hot spot (11)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Service was a little lackingNtsoimprssdDined on 8/19/2014We ordered our meal close to 7/45 and we were served after 9. We had to ask for bread to hold us over. One of our guests had to leave before we were served. His salad was out in 2 Seconds when we told the staff. He gracefully paid for his meal but I think it should have been comped.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Superb; highly recommend the Tuesday night lobster and oyster specialSpecial Features:
- MLLLDined on 8/16/2014Beautiful restaurant. Great serving staff(knowledgeable ,friendly & professional ). I believe that the salads are too expensive for what they consist of and it's insulting to have to pay for bread albeit only 2$. I had heard such great reviews. I had a nice time but I'm disappointed in the value for the money we spent. I wouldn't go back unless some changes are made.Special Features:
- Solid @ a discount !ELMTLDined on 8/12/2014We went to Boehmer on a friends recommendation and it did not disapoint. Add to that the 50% off wine on Tuesdays and the 1$ oysters and we were sold. Great food, great service! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch on Ossington!ZenmamaDined on 7/27/2014Went here for Sunday brunch and was pleased that they took reservations. We had friendly and attentive service. The bacon-stuffed pancakes were such a treat. Some of the best pancakes we have ever had. The croissant was buttery and flaky, exactly as it should be. On top of it all, we enjoyed $5 mimosas! Highly recommended and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!goaliegirlDined on 7/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed my first visit and definitely will be back. The food was stellar and the ambiance was heavenly!Special Features:
- great service and reservationxyzaDined on 7/13/2014using opentable as reservation made it really easy for me to reserve!! also the service was great, the server was very attentive and gave us pretty good recommendations as well.Special Features:
- Luv Apples,Tentacles,Hooves & BeaksFeedmeDined on 7/11/2014Appetizers were great-grilled calamari on heirloom tomatoes with a wonderful Aioli and vinaigrette-perfect balance of smoky seafood and luscious vegetable...err...fruit, whichever, very tasty. The hands down winner was the seared Foie Gras, Maple Glazed Bacon & Apples and Blackcurrant Coulis-toe tapping goodness-so good. The grilled 12 oz. 60 Day aged strip-loin was a little disappointing in terms of flavor. It was cooked just right but the actual piece of meat could have used more some marbling or side fat to boost the flavor. The wild boar schnitzel was deep and delicious, however, there was a vein of gristle that almost derailed the experience. Almost. Service was attentive, engaging and left us alone at all the right moments.Special Features:
- Great food and a great find!!Queensshopper18VIPDined on 6/13/2014The restaurant was a great find on Ossington. The ambiance was wonderful and the food was out of this world. Great staff anticipated our needs! Will be back for sure!!Special Features:
- THE BESTamidtranDined on 6/3/2014I love this place on Tuesdays! Half off of all bottles of wines/champagne and $1 oysters within such a beautiful, modern and trendy atmosphere. I always spend hours here and notice that the service starts to decline a bit due to the high volume of guests - but after two bottles who cares =P Only complaint is that both times I was there the food took really long to come out but once again, it is to be expect when it gets that busy. Highly recommended, love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy Hipster RestoLikewuteverDined on 5/31/2014Very trendy, nice decor. We loved the layout - great flow, tables not too bunched up together. Great service. Impeccable menu!Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014Amazing dining experience. Great service and food! Will return again when back I'm town, thank you Paul and crew!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceJraindropDined on 5/29/2014I really enjoyed the ambiance of this place. The service was great. The menu was a bit underwhelming and things were a bit overpriced in my opinion. I ordered the hangar steak which tasted okay but i was really turned off when it first arrived because there was just so much of it. It was cleverly laid across a boardwalk of very linear fries (which I enjoyed more than the meat). Needless to say, there was a lot left behind.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2014On Tuesdays they have a special of half price bottles of wine too. Overall very enjoyable. Service was a bit slow to start, but otherwise terrific. Food was delicious only moderately veggie friendly though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tuesday specialsfoodie4torontoDined on 5/13/2014Buck-a-chuck, half price wine and specials on boiled lobster-- all with a great ambiance and timely service. Can't be beat on Tuesday nights, or any night for that matter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodStras88VIPDined on 5/7/2014Very creative twist on braised rabbit. The Harvest Menu is a must. All made in house. Very few restaurants I go to have food to remember. This one certainly does.Special Features:
- The following 248 reviews are from the Boehmer reviews archive.
- great food but too loudJOJODined on 4/26/2014The food, service and ambience were outstanding. Unfortunately the noise level was so high it was not possible to have table conversation without feeling as though you were shouting to each other.Special Features:
- This place suckDinnerclubDined on 4/25/2014Almost completely dead with the exception of possibly 4 other tables. We found out as the night progressed, we went to eat oysters as it is highlighted on the menu. We were told they had no oysters available and instructed to either go down the street or come back another night. The manager stopped by the table with one of the most insincere, fake efforts ive ever seen. Dont waste your time or money if this used to be a popular spot I assure you its fallen from grace.
- We have been a few times forAndrewVIPDined on 3/30/2014We have been a few times for brunch now and once for dinner. Food is fantastic and the bacon and blueberry pancakes are just amazing. Even when it is busy the ambience of the minimalist decorated venue doesn't suffer and nor does the impeccable, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great presentation.seranwrapDined on 3/22/2014Excellent food, great presentation. Worth the price difference vs. other restaurants in the area, in my opinion. Love the decor and the big open space, and we received superb service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boehmer was fantastic! WeMontrealersDined on 3/21/2014Boehmer was fantastic! We really enjoyed ourselves. Service was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable without being snobby. The cognac mousse dessert was particularly delicious! We really had a lovely time and will certainly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerRolandDined on 3/15/2014Took my sister out for her birthday dinner. Good variety of food; however, not appropriate for vegetarians are there's not much of a choice for them. The food could have come to the table hotter if the plates were pre-heated for the food to retain heat. Had the Hanger steak - the jus could have had more taste - like pepper, and the Yukon fries would have been better served on the side instead of being soaked in the jus. The lamb was excellent, as well as the Schnitzel. Appetizers were fantastic (Harvest Table) and Beet salad. Decor is very hip and modern; however, noise level was too loud - so difficult to have a conversation without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chef made my husband andmeloDined on 3/1/2014The chef made my husband and I special vegetarian dishes. Very accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, unfortunately disappointing.IndustrydinerDined on 2/14/2014I was so excited to head boehmer with a group of friends. The meal started out great we were seated quickly, coat check, and great spot at the communal table. One problem - the bench we were sitting on had not been completely sanded smooth and tore a large hole in a friends stockings! We let the server know & she didn't seem to care. We waited quite a long time for our second course. When it finally came my chicken was very dry & our fish was completely undercooked and uneatable. We waived down a server bc we couldn't find ours, finally our server came over & offered bread, For the rest of the evening our server was not very attentive. The food was fairly good but the service was disappointing.Special Features:
- Great food and service. WentLaszloDined on 2/14/2014Great food and service. Went there for valentine’s dinner and even though they had a special menu I was looking forward to a couple of items from the “normal” menu and disappointingly was not available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant!diningaroundVIPDined on 2/13/2014Nice restaurant for Ossington..with no attitude. The decor is gorgeous and warm, the service is friendly, the food is deliciious and you never feel rushed. A refreshingly nice restaurant!Special Features:
- wine 'n oystersfinedinerDined on 2/6/2014great evening - sat at the bar for 1/2 price wine, yummy oysters and appies. We've been here twice, and can't wait to return. Met the owner and had a great chat with the bartender (can't remember her name)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDJJBDined on 2/6/2014From beginning to end I was very happy with the meal and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTablehopperDined on 2/6/2014My date & I had plans to see a showing of 'Cabaret' at the Lower Ossington Theater so I was looking for a place to eat near-by when I found this little gem...as soon as we walked in we were greeted by a very friendly host who was also prompt in showing us to our table and our server was just as quick in taking our first drink orders and answering any questions we had about both the cocktail list and the menu...my date & I both started with the homemade French Onion soup which was absolutely delightful then we both ordered the steak which was presented beautifully on the plate and for dessert, my date had the cheesecake which was made in house while I had the chocolate caramel tart...loved the entire meal & would go back again & againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the Best in the CityDandAMarDined on 1/23/2014My husband and I have been to Boehmer twice now, and I'm very comfortable with saying this is my favorite restaurant in the entire GTA. The food is beyond gourmet and pairing it (with suggestions from their knowledgable servers) with a choice from their wine list makes it a dinning experience one will not soon forget. I highly recommend doing the Harvest Plate at the beginning. Anything made in-house is absolutely amazing and they offer a good variety of elegant food. The quality of the food in combination with the elegant ambience and wonderful service makes Boehmer one of the very best restaurants you'll experience in the GTA and I venture to say, the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking imaginationzavriatsilaDined on 1/11/2014The food was very well prepared, technically sound - but lacked that extra level of creativity and sophistication to push it to greatness. The rack of lamb was very popular, served on a mushroom risotto. Impeccably prepared it lacked that brilliant edge one would expect given the chef/restaurant's reputation. My 60-day aged striploin was again wonderfully cooked, and it was hopelessly coupled with a bowl of salty fries that didn't really do much for the steak. A shame really. The atmosphere was great, the decor quite nice. Romantic and intimate in some areas and louder at the bar. It's good, but Union a couple of doors down is WAY better.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backKaterinaDined on 1/10/2014Fantastic eclectic interior and amazing food. Had an early reservation for me and my young aspiring-foodie daughter. We had a perfect meal where we shared all. Started with the best artichoke puree soup ever with delectable pieces of venison and a partial Harvest Platter with olives, sausage and gravlax. Everything was beautifully and genuinely presented - true to the food. Flavours were honest - simple where needed and complex just where it mattered most. Amazing Wagyu hanger stead entree. We licked our chops! Looking for a reason to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great room, nice food, good serviceLittlekidloverDined on 1/7/2014I'd recommend this space for a date for sure. Semi formal service approach done well. I went with a large party and we were also taken care of really well. My only opportunity feedback would be for them to communicate as a team the special requirements of given parties whether it be through reservation notes, etc. my example is I had given specific instructions as to the time constraints we had when I placed our reservation. We ended up running over our time. Had our notes been communicated it could have been something that our servers could be more cogniscent of but in the grand scheme of things is no big deal At all. A few of us are going back in a smaller group next week. Looking forward to spending more time thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/4/2014It takes a lot for me to say I love a resto. This place is super fab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in a Great SpaceMPTBDined on 12/28/2013We took 2 friends from out of town for a late night dinner at Boehmer and all of us were pleased with our food selections. The venison tartare was especially yummy, as was the bread! As mains, the veal chop was enjoyed, as was the shrimp and scallops in a curry sauce, and the homemade gnocchi. The only recommendation would be to increase portion sizes a bit for the price point. At 35-40$ per entree, I would have enjoyed a couples more shrimp and a side vegetable or starch. However, otherwise everything was a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNgangaDined on 12/10/2013Good food at a great price! Tuesday $1 oysters, half price wine bottles and $22 lobsters. Loved it. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2013It has been a couple of years since I have had the chance to visit Boehmer's - first time we went the layout was different, the decor too but we always kept a great memory of the food and our overall experience. This time around was no different -great food, great service…hoping that we will be back sooner this time! Thanks!! NathalieSpecial Features:
- Great lobster, slow serviceseagellDined on 11/5/2013I know it was busy the night we went, but the service was pretty much non-existent. 45+ minutes just to get our oysters. Another half hour to get our lobster. Won't be going back on a Tuesday. The lobster, however, was delicious. And I'm a Nova Scotian who knows her lobster!Special Features:
- Wouldn't go backNattghanDined on 11/2/2013We arrived on time but the table wasn't ready. So we sat in the lounge...when we finally sat, the bartender rushed over and asked if we planned on paying our bar bill, even tho we asked to have it transferred to our table. Food and service was mediocre. Realized today that we'd actually been given and had paid someone else's cheque. Wouldn't rush back.
- NiceHakaDined on 10/19/2013Nice place good food but next time we will take only one main course as they are huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.