93 Ossington Ave
Toronto, ON M6J 2Z2Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.boehmer.ca/
- Phone: 4165313800x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - 5:30pm - 12:00am
Wednesday - Saturday - 5:30pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Paul Boehmer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer both in house and off-site catering for small and large groups alike. Please contact us for more information and menu options!
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room, separated from the main dining room by a sliding glass door provides an intimate setting for groups of up to 20 guests.
Alternately, the entire space is available for rental for private functions. Please contact us for more information and availability.
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Edmonds 8883521577
- Special Events: For private events please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: Queen St. West
- Public Transit: Ossington 63 bus to Argyle St - walk just South on Ossington to 93.
Queen Streetcar to Ossington Ave walk North on Ossington to 93.
Dundas Streetcar to Ossington Ave walk South on Ossington to 93.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is meter parking available on Ossington Ave.
Alternately, 2 Green P lots are located nearby - one on Ossington North of Queen St. W, the other on Dundas St. W, just East of Ossington Ave.
A word from Boehmer
Located in downtown Toronto on popular dining and culture destination Ossington Avenue, Boehmer is an exciting place to be.Continued
We bring local food, chefs and artists to the table in a modern & comfortable setting.
For groups of 9 and over please contact the restaurant directly.
We bring local food, chefs and artists to the table in a modern & comfortable setting.
For groups of 9 and over please contact the restaurant directly.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Boehmer - Best Restaurants in Ossington ›
Boehmer reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)good for groups (25)special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (20)hot spot (17)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ExcellentJoe3Dined on 10/22/2014First time here: there were 4 of us, with three hanger steaks expertly cooked, and a lobster-scallop dish that hit all the right notes. Grilled calamari as a starter was very tender in a nice heirloom tomato sauce with a just a little spice: all excellent. No dessert. Decor is modern/wood/hip/antler chandelier/Ossington/you-know-what-I-mean. The wine list has some very nice wines, some ok-ish wines, some overpriced, some good bang-for-the-buck (loonie?) ones, but all presented in complete random order. The new sommelier said he would fix this. We will definitely come back to verify that promise!Special Features:
- A good meal, clean, "cool" decorhealthyeatingfoodies222Dined on 10/17/2014This is a good place for a casual to upscale dinner, not super upscale, but pretty good. The service was friendly and competent. All our items were quite tasty. Prices were "average". I think the wine list is a bit overpriced, that's the only nudge I'd give them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice eveningRoxyfoodieDined on 10/9/2014We brought out of town clients (restaurant executives from Dallas) and had a great evening. They were really impressed. Really good food and service in a beautiful room. The room was busy, but we were able to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Good food, indifferent serviceRobertVIPDined on 10/4/2014Lovely room, well appointed and well lit. Great first impression. Menu compact and interesting, lots of good choices. Food was ver good. Service was engaging up to the point where it hit a snag (item ordered, did not arrive). The minor glitch was met with indifference, recovery not good to the point where the overall experience suffered. Too bad.Special Features:
- Great spot!TammyDined on 10/3/2014I've been to Boehmer twice for dinner, both nights were great! Their oysters are definitely worth a try here if you're a fan. Their service was slightly on the slow side, but the food was delicious and totally worth the wait. Make sure to reserve as it gets busy esp. on Friday and Saturday nights. The 3-item choice from the Harvest Menu is a great appetizer (with the oysters!). Try the smoked salmon. For entrees I tried the pan seared arctic char the first time and the chicken fricassee the second time. My fiance had the hangar steak the first time and the rack of lamb the second time. All of those were super delicious! IF you didn't splurge enough already, they have a great "light" cheesecake that hits the spot to finish off the meal :)Special Features:
- A West Queen GemWashDCDonDined on 9/20/2014Even though a crowed evening, table was ready on time. Excellent service, great food and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not memorableLondonmissDined on 9/20/2014Good things: appetizers were excellent, great atmosphere, beautiful room Not so good things: service was not great, mains were not worth prices
- Okay...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Was impressed with our server and the pork ribs. Was far from pleased with the lobster mac and cheese and the scallops. Not sure if everyone in the kitchen is a smoker (not saying that's awful by any means) but everything tasted like it was seasoned by a person with lacking tastebuds. Scallop main was so salty I couldn't eat more than 2. Everything was too salty and too bland other than the rublets. Wine was a great choice recommended by the server, and the room was nice and open rather than feeling cramped. Really ugly and uncomfortable chairs that did not go with the rest of the decor. Im in the industry and am never overly critical, but seriously understand the importance of seasoning. Overall, good minus the food.Special Features:
- Return guestMeagromeDined on 9/16/2014I have been to Boehmer a couple times before and enjoy their Tue half price bottles if wine and $1 oysters! It's great for girls night or a date, and the atmosphere is always busy and full of energy. Make a reso though as they always book up on a Tues....they also do $20 lobster Tues as well. And if you want to eat earlier get there early cause one thing is the food takes FOREVER to come, including the appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014When we arrived, they seated us under the wrong reservation name, despite correcting them several times; thus, OpenTable emailed me and told me I was a no-show, which is of course incorrect. They then told me that the kitchen was "on shut-down" in order to preferentially serve a large group, and would not take our orders. When they finally did, my halibut arrived raw on the inside (it appeared to have been cooked while frozen) and the server and manager tried to convince me that "they cook all their fish like that." When I also pointed out that it tasted terrible, they relented and brought me the schnitzel instead. When the bill arrived, they charged me for both the halibut and the schnitzel! Very disappointed, and I will not return.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food with Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Visited Boehmer with my boyfriend and another couple on a Saturday after learning from two people that it was great spot for a nice dinner out. We were disappointed that in booking a reservation at least a week in advance, that we were seated at the back of the restaurant, which was completely desolate when we arrived. The front of the restaurant overlooking Ossington is quite beautiful and it did not seem right that in booking our reservation so far in advance that we were given quite a poor spot to sit in. Further, shortly after our arrival, a group of 40 was seated in the same area. While the food was fantastic (steak frites and the boar schnitzel, both which were amazing), the food service was very slow (despite having a great server).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShelberDined on 9/13/2014This is an exceptionally well designed restaurant and the décor is truly impressive. I have visited this restaurant twice now (with friends) after seeing shows at the Lower Ossington Theatre. One visit was for brunch and one for dinner. We all really enjoyed both visits and were very impressed by the friendliness and the attentiveness of the staff. Also...pretty large servings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tueday night specialsluv2cookDined on 9/9/2014I've put the noise level at moderate but only because our group of seven requested the table at the back of the restaurant and asked that the music be lowered which they were able to do just in our area. We have been there several times with smaller groups and have had to leave early because we could not converse comfortably. However, the food, wine and service is terrific. We love to go on Tuesday nights for the $1 oyster and half price wine. We have also enjoyed the Sunday brunch - some wonderful egg dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellaDined on 9/5/2014This was the first time dining here. I had spotted Boehmer while walking by a few weeks ago and thought the vibe was fantastic. We had a great time and loved the ambience. The chandeliers are beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First classtommyDined on 9/3/2014Paul Boehmer is so consistently right on. The service and friendliness and professionalism flows from him to the staff who are knowledgeable and helpful. The menu is changed from time to time, and the preparation and presentation was uniquely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a little lackingNtsoimprssdDined on 8/19/2014We ordered our meal close to 7/45 and we were served after 9. We had to ask for bread to hold us over. One of our guests had to leave before we were served. His salad was out in 2 Seconds when we told the staff. He gracefully paid for his meal but I think it should have been comped.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Superb; highly recommend the Tuesday night lobster and oyster specialSpecial Features:
- MLLLDined on 8/16/2014Beautiful restaurant. Great serving staff(knowledgeable ,friendly & professional ). I believe that the salads are too expensive for what they consist of and it's insulting to have to pay for bread albeit only 2$. I had heard such great reviews. I had a nice time but I'm disappointed in the value for the money we spent. I wouldn't go back unless some changes are made.Special Features:
- Solid @ a discount !ELMTLDined on 8/12/2014We went to Boehmer on a friends recommendation and it did not disapoint. Add to that the 50% off wine on Tuesdays and the 1$ oysters and we were sold. Great food, great service! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch on Ossington!ZenmamaDined on 7/27/2014Went here for Sunday brunch and was pleased that they took reservations. We had friendly and attentive service. The bacon-stuffed pancakes were such a treat. Some of the best pancakes we have ever had. The croissant was buttery and flaky, exactly as it should be. On top of it all, we enjoyed $5 mimosas! Highly recommended and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!goaliegirlDined on 7/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed my first visit and definitely will be back. The food was stellar and the ambiance was heavenly!Special Features:
- great service and reservationxyzaDined on 7/13/2014using opentable as reservation made it really easy for me to reserve!! also the service was great, the server was very attentive and gave us pretty good recommendations as well.Special Features:
- Luv Apples,Tentacles,Hooves & BeaksFeedmeDined on 7/11/2014Appetizers were great-grilled calamari on heirloom tomatoes with a wonderful Aioli and vinaigrette-perfect balance of smoky seafood and luscious vegetable...err...fruit, whichever, very tasty. The hands down winner was the seared Foie Gras, Maple Glazed Bacon & Apples and Blackcurrant Coulis-toe tapping goodness-so good. The grilled 12 oz. 60 Day aged strip-loin was a little disappointing in terms of flavor. It was cooked just right but the actual piece of meat could have used more some marbling or side fat to boost the flavor. The wild boar schnitzel was deep and delicious, however, there was a vein of gristle that almost derailed the experience. Almost. Service was attentive, engaging and left us alone at all the right moments.Special Features:
- The following 256 reviews are from the Boehmer reviews archive.
- Great food and a great find!!Queensshopper18VIPDined on 6/13/2014The restaurant was a great find on Ossington. The ambiance was wonderful and the food was out of this world. Great staff anticipated our needs! Will be back for sure!!Special Features:
- THE BESTamidtranDined on 6/3/2014I love this place on Tuesdays! Half off of all bottles of wines/champagne and $1 oysters within such a beautiful, modern and trendy atmosphere. I always spend hours here and notice that the service starts to decline a bit due to the high volume of guests - but after two bottles who cares =P Only complaint is that both times I was there the food took really long to come out but once again, it is to be expect when it gets that busy. Highly recommended, love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy Hipster RestoLikewuteverDined on 5/31/2014Very trendy, nice decor. We loved the layout - great flow, tables not too bunched up together. Great service. Impeccable menu!Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014Amazing dining experience. Great service and food! Will return again when back I'm town, thank you Paul and crew!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceJraindropDined on 5/29/2014I really enjoyed the ambiance of this place. The service was great. The menu was a bit underwhelming and things were a bit overpriced in my opinion. I ordered the hangar steak which tasted okay but i was really turned off when it first arrived because there was just so much of it. It was cleverly laid across a boardwalk of very linear fries (which I enjoyed more than the meat). Needless to say, there was a lot left behind.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2014On Tuesdays they have a special of half price bottles of wine too. Overall very enjoyable. Service was a bit slow to start, but otherwise terrific. Food was delicious only moderately veggie friendly though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tuesday specialsfoodie4torontoDined on 5/13/2014Buck-a-chuck, half price wine and specials on boiled lobster-- all with a great ambiance and timely service. Can't be beat on Tuesday nights, or any night for that matter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodStras88VIPDined on 5/7/2014Very creative twist on braised rabbit. The Harvest Menu is a must. All made in house. Very few restaurants I go to have food to remember. This one certainly does.Special Features:
- great food but too loudJOJODined on 4/26/2014The food, service and ambience were outstanding. Unfortunately the noise level was so high it was not possible to have table conversation without feeling as though you were shouting to each other.Special Features:
- This place suckDinnerclubDined on 4/25/2014Almost completely dead with the exception of possibly 4 other tables. We found out as the night progressed, we went to eat oysters as it is highlighted on the menu. We were told they had no oysters available and instructed to either go down the street or come back another night. The manager stopped by the table with one of the most insincere, fake efforts ive ever seen. Dont waste your time or money if this used to be a popular spot I assure you its fallen from grace.
- We have been a few times forAndrewVIPDined on 3/30/2014We have been a few times for brunch now and once for dinner. Food is fantastic and the bacon and blueberry pancakes are just amazing. Even when it is busy the ambience of the minimalist decorated venue doesn't suffer and nor does the impeccable, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great presentation.seranwrapDined on 3/22/2014Excellent food, great presentation. Worth the price difference vs. other restaurants in the area, in my opinion. Love the decor and the big open space, and we received superb service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boehmer was fantastic! WeMontrealersDined on 3/21/2014Boehmer was fantastic! We really enjoyed ourselves. Service was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable without being snobby. The cognac mousse dessert was particularly delicious! We really had a lovely time and will certainly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerRolandDined on 3/15/2014Took my sister out for her birthday dinner. Good variety of food; however, not appropriate for vegetarians are there's not much of a choice for them. The food could have come to the table hotter if the plates were pre-heated for the food to retain heat. Had the Hanger steak - the jus could have had more taste - like pepper, and the Yukon fries would have been better served on the side instead of being soaked in the jus. The lamb was excellent, as well as the Schnitzel. Appetizers were fantastic (Harvest Table) and Beet salad. Decor is very hip and modern; however, noise level was too loud - so difficult to have a conversation without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chef made my husband andmeloDined on 3/1/2014The chef made my husband and I special vegetarian dishes. Very accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, unfortunately disappointing.IndustrydinerDined on 2/14/2014I was so excited to head boehmer with a group of friends. The meal started out great we were seated quickly, coat check, and great spot at the communal table. One problem - the bench we were sitting on had not been completely sanded smooth and tore a large hole in a friends stockings! We let the server know & she didn't seem to care. We waited quite a long time for our second course. When it finally came my chicken was very dry & our fish was completely undercooked and uneatable. We waived down a server bc we couldn't find ours, finally our server came over & offered bread, For the rest of the evening our server was not very attentive. The food was fairly good but the service was disappointing.Special Features:
- Great food and service. WentLaszloDined on 2/14/2014Great food and service. Went there for valentine’s dinner and even though they had a special menu I was looking forward to a couple of items from the “normal” menu and disappointingly was not available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.