Bodrum Turkish Mediterranean
584 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Bodrum Turkish Mediterranean
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bodrumnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127992806x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Ali Usta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bodrum Turkish Mediterranean
Named after the spectacular port city on the Mediterranean’s Turquoise coast, Bodrum breathes some fresh air into the NYC’s Upper West Side with an ambitious, unique menu of Mediterranean food. With Turkish, Greek, Lebanese, French & Italian culinary influences (just to name a few), Bodrum places brick oven pizza next to mezzes, kebabs next to fish, finding a common thread that unifies Mediterranean cuisines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bodrum Turkish Mediterranean reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)great for outdoor dining (35)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (17)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (12)good for groups (8)romantic (8)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great food, excellent, attentive and friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish DelightJanetruthDined on 9/9/2014Met a friend for dinner at an outside table (recommended if weather permits) and we both were delighted. Started with yummy pomegranate martinis. (do the POM antioxidants cancel out the booze?) The server who mixed the drinks was eager to know what we thought of them. She was charming and solicitous. We shared a first rate set of dishes starting with delectable manti, steamed ground lamb dumplings in a garlicy yogurt sauce and then moving on to very differently seasoned lamb and fish tagines (love the preserved lemon in the fish tagine). GreatTurkish coffee was made to my specifications. Next time, I think I'll bring more people and order everything on the meze and appetizer menu. Real value for dollar and first rate food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mediterranean RestuarantPokey292Dined on 9/6/2014Awesome Turkish restaurant with a great pizza selection and lamb kabob.Special Features:
- Excellent Turkish eaterykbnyVIPDined on 8/23/2014I love, love this restaurant. Their house made bread is reason enough but the excellent Zturkish dishes that go with the bread are outstanding. Love the Shepard salad - so fresh & wonderfully spiced. The stuffed eggplant is excellent as is the grilled fish. Never have room for dessert, so can't speak to that. It's my UWS Turkish "go to" place. Only complaint is the service can be a bit slow for my NYC metabolism!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great placePalherzVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is great, the wait staff is gracious and lovely. A wonderful place for a tasty dinner.Special Features:
- too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014we had to shout to hear each other. food was fair. We would not go back.
- Fab PizzafoodievickieVIPDined on 8/19/2014Tried the pizza for the first time and they were fabulous. Really thin crust and wonderful toppings.Special Features:
- Tasty, but on your ownKatrielVIPDined on 8/14/2014Dined at Bodrum shortly after they opened and as someone who has traveled in Turkey and loves the food, I found it mediocre at best. My second meal there the other day--branzino w/fennel--years later, was flavorful, and my friend enjoyed her zucchini pancakes and imam biyildi, but other than to take our order, the server never reappeared. I'm assuming that they don't serve dessert because no one ever offered us that option. They left us alone--very alone--to talk, and eventually showed up with a check. If you need something here, you're on your own.Special Features:
- always reliablejcjcVIPDined on 8/11/2014never fails to please, reasonable prices and good foodSpecial Features:
- first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014I love Middle East food and I received ravishing reviews from friends regarding Bodrum. So, finally I tried to eat there. Food was actually pretty good, although a little bland. Tzaziki was definitely nothing to remember, unfortunately. Lamb tender and very tasty. The wine choice is limited but the quality overall is not bad at all. The service... let's say it could be a little more attentive and avoid the patronizing attitude at the beginning of the dinner before ordering. I will be back for sure for an additional tasting session.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- turkish delightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/6/2014great pizzas, lots of interesting eggplant dishes, kabobs delicious overall good foodSpecial Features:
- Good FoodChrixDined on 7/26/2014We went for dinner and had a wonderful time. The lamb was exceptional and the service friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Good local eating spotfoodie212Dined on 7/23/2014Bodrum's is a great place for outdoor lunch. The appetizer sampler is fabulous. The pizzas are really good as are the lamb and fish entrees.Special Features:
- BodrumBobLVIPDined on 7/21/2014I have been here quite a few times for lunch & dinner. The food & service are excellent, the waiters friendly & knowledgeable. The menu is quite large & varied w/ Turkish specialties, appetizers & entres as well as about a dozen different kinds of excellent thin crust pizza. They also have an excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 7/20/2014Been there many times and have liked it for lunch and dinner, not for brunch. Food was fair, service was fair. Staff too busy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/6/2014Great find in the uws. Branzini delicious as were the grape leaves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Turkish food on the UWSDelleDined on 7/5/2014We very much enjoyed dining in the sidewalk café. Our group consisted of a vegetarian, a pescatarian, and an avowed meat eater, and we all found multiple selections on the menu to suit our tastes. The food arrived fairly quickly, and our dishes were delicious. But what really stood out was the brick oven bread -- without a doubt the BEST bread I've had in a restaurant at that price point. Both the appetizer and main dish portion sizes are healthy, and the prices are reasonable. Contrary to some other reviews I read, we found our waitress to be appropriately attentive. She was always there when we needed her, but at the same time, she never interrupted our conversation (my pet peeve re: waiters). We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FindnygalDined on 7/4/2014Bodrum is a neighborhood restaurant that has that good mixture of satisfying food, low key atmosphere, friendly service and moderate prices. The house bread is delicious, especially with the olive oil and olives that are put on the table. The mezzes we've had are all good - we usually get the vegetarian ones. You should come liking lamb; it's the predominant meat in most entrees. Portions are generous and we skip dessert. The wines by the glass are reasonably price for Manhattan. One of our go-to lunch and dinner destinations.Special Features:
- Loved it!kbnyVIPDined on 6/26/2014I adore Turkish food & have been to many Turkish & Middle Eastern restaurants - this place makes me want to move to the West side! The hummus Lebne and Shepard salad were wonderful. My daughter loved the coriander crusted salmon and I enjoyed the Imam Bayildi - stuffed eggplant. We will be back.Special Features:
- Hostess needs better trainingNeveragain25Dined on 6/26/2014Enjoyed the food, the wait staff accommodating- the reservation made for early evening - the hostess indicated 2 tables for 2 near the hostess station & door and near the wait staff station while a table for 2 was empty - had to beg to get the table! This is no way to welcome guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing specialpianoladyDined on 6/26/2014Food was fine, but nothing extraordinary. service just ok.
- 1/2 price wine on Monday!CJBrandoffVIPDined on 6/16/2014This place never fails to be tasty, lively and reasonable...Special Features:
- We leep returningLESU40Dined on 6/15/2014Bodrum Turkish mediterranean Restaurant is a neighborhood gem…we keep returning for their excellent food and friendly vibe.Special Features:
- Surprising and deliciousgfunkpDined on 6/6/2014Went here based on reviews and my date couldn't believe she didn't know it was there. The service was outstanding, the food fantastic, and the price was impressive. We'll definitely be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great UWS DiningUWSdinerDined on 6/2/2014Bodrum is a continued favorite of mine. With all the dining options on the UWS, I would frequent this place weekly if my schedule allowed it. Has some of the best entrees in the city, especially given the price point. 50% off bottles of wine on Mondays is also a bargain.Special Features:
- Terrific UWS restaurantJanesDined on 5/30/2014I always welcome the opportunity to head over to Bodrum's for a glass of wine, a salad and a tagine or pizza. Terrific, attentive service, magnificent bread, great food. Reservations are definitely in order here, though - there have been many times at the last minute I tried for a table, and most of the time was out of luck. Although it can be noisy, there is no trouble having quiet, intimate conversations without having your neighbors participateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gem!suelevDined on 5/30/2014I have lived nearby for years and have never eaten in Bodrum until this past Friday night. What a treat. The menu is varied but with a heavy emphasis on lamb. While there are many Middle Eastern dishes you can also get a pizza which looked great or Morroccan tagine with fish which is what I had. Well prepared, great flavors. The weather held up long enough for us to sit outside which is always fun.The only issue I had was my friend asked specifically for them to remove yogurt from her dish, but that didn't happen. She returned it and we waited what seemed to be quite some time before she got what she had asked for. But aside from that it was a terrific dinner.Special Features:
- Lovely local spotCityGalVIPDined on 5/26/2014We have been to Bodrum twice..once for a late brunch, recently for Sunday dinner. What a great little spot! The food is delicious, fresh and generous potions. The service is very attentive: anytime I looked around for more than 20 seconds, a server came over to see what I needed. I also love the bread and olive oil they serve. I guess everyone knows how good this place is because it's hard I score a table on the spur of the moment -- so make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotlincanDined on 5/26/2014We had lunch at Bodrum and I will definitely be back. Atmosphere, food and service were excellent. From pizza to salads to Turkish entrees, everything was delicious. Portions were nice sized and the food was nicely served.Special Features:
- The following 337 reviews are from the Bodrum Turkish Mediterranean reviews archive.
- Bodrumfoodie4lifeDined on 5/3/2014Never disappoints. Great place for a late night pizza.Special Features:
- ConsistentLunabeeDined on 5/3/2014Great spot in the neighborhood. Food is consistently good. Portions ample for doggie bags. Service okay even on a busy Saturday night. Wish the nose level was a bit less. The bread is amazing!Special Features:
- Authentic Turkish and more!appiyaDined on 5/3/2014Chose this for our Sunday brunch with our children who are at Columbia. It was a real winner! For the guy who will only eat pizzas as well as for the more adventurous eaters in our group. The mezze was superb, the chicken baharat excellent, the lentil soup and poached eggs with garlic yogurt and greens made me feel I was visiting Istanbul again. The friendly, attentive service added to the experience as well as the moderate prices for what was really quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neoghborhood mediteranean.HIN421VIPDined on 4/11/2014Good mediteranean food made with fresh ingredients. Tables are tight, volume of sound is high. Quieter eating outside.Special Features:
- friendly, neighborhood gempamandaDined on 4/11/2014Bodrum was a great option for lunch; from a light salad to an assortment of mezzes to a more substantial fish entree, many tastes could be satisfied. Place is homey and comfortable and prices are reasonable. Good spot to know about.Special Features:
- Met friends for dinner onwayneplumpDined on 4/9/2014Met friends for dinner on a Wednesday night- we were a party of 3- our table of four might as well have been a table for 6 as the diners next to us were so close. Every table was taken and the he restaurant was loud. Shepherds salad was wonderful as was the Red Lentil soup. Bread was tasty and plentiful. I had the roast chicken which was very good albeit a bit too salty for my taste. Our friend had a lamb kabob over tomato that was wonderful but my wife's lamb dish was very bland. We did not have, but their pizza's looked very good. Overall, a very decent, local place to get a filling and tasty dinner for reasonable cost.
- Wasn't perfectlenaVIPDined on 4/6/2014We ate our brunch for a little more than an hour but they brought check before bringing the dessert. Kinda weird. Food was OK.
- Ole ReliableBenrlVIPDined on 4/3/2014Come here often for a reason. Great food. Professional service. Great value. Whether it's fish or pizza (unique thin crust) we've always walked away pleased.Special Features:
- The food was, as usual, delicious.CasperVIPDined on 4/3/2014The food was, as usual, delicious. Love the wood oven both for its appearance and for the smoked flavor it gave to the eggplant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy placeRayUWSVIPDined on 3/21/2014I've always had a nice meal here, and the service is friendly. Definitely worth eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedNYCnativeDined on 3/20/2014We made reservations for 7 pm on a week night and were glad we did. The restaurant was crowded, but they had a lovely corner booth waiting for us when we arrived. The service was not great and worst of all, the waitress did not get my order right- she brought me the wrong dish. Since I was dining with my parents and it was their treat, I decided not to make a stink and to just eat what was in front of me-Kofte, which is grilled ground lamb served with salad and french fries. It was OK, but not that flavorful. My daughter ordered a pizza, which she said was absolutely delicious. Overall the meal was enjoyable, but nothing amazing, except for the bread, which was the most delicious bread I have ever eaten.