30 Baldwin Street
Toronto, ON M5T 1L3Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bodegarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (416) 977-1287
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30 - 9:00
Tuesday: 11:30 - 9:00
Wednesday: 11:30 - 9:00
Thursday: 11:30 - 9:30
Friday: 11:30 - 9:30
Saturday: 11:30 - 9:30
Sunday: 11:30 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Paul Biggs
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
- Private Party Facilities: Bodega can accommodate semi private parties for up to 55 and 35 guests respectively. Whether it is for business or pleasure Bodega can customize a menu for all occasions. Start with drinks on the patio and them move in for dinner, organize a cocktail party for the office staff, or a small gathering for your friends, Bodega staff continue to create warm and long lasting memories for all their clients. Visit our website at: www.bodegarestaurant.com for more information
A word from Bodega
This Baldwin Street institution established in 1979, in a rustic old home with charm and grace, is celebrating its 10 Anniversary under owner & Chef Paul Biggs. Paul continues to fulfill the dream he has held for many years – “owning a place where people can dine on great food, sip fine wine and enjoy their friends or business associates company, in a relaxed, thoughtful and unpretentious atmosphere. Let the sultry summer evenings ease by on the patio or curl up by the fire during the winter months Bodega has a calming ambiance for everyone. Bodega offers exciting changes to the menu while maintaining a balance between classic French and new world flavours.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bodega reviews from OpenTable diners
- New Year's Eve For 4!ATJMDined on 12/31/2013We LOVED our meal. I will begin by saying that the food is spectacular, and that we all truly enjoyed the food and the evening. 3 out of 4 of us opted for the NYE Prix Fixe (at a modest $55 pp). If you've not had Venison before, it was delicious. The service, unfortunately, wasn't optimal. On NYE, the resto was top heavy with wait staff, water refillers, etc, and the restaurant was not jammed. With a prix fixe in place, generally service should be very good. When we arrived, we were seated and forgotten about. After about 30min, someone remembered us and we got some water. Following that, we waited ONE HOUR between our first drink and actually ordering our meal. We will absolutely eat there again, maybe NYE wasn't the best night to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013This is not our first time at Bodega and hopefully not our last. The food is always very good and the service is friendly and professional. We love the ambiance and especially like the front room with the fireplace. The menu offers a great deal of variety and the portions are perfect.Special Features:
- a gemisenoDined on 12/28/2013great food. romantic ambience. friendly staff. we will recommend it to our friends.Special Features:
- This place is overly hypedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013This place is overly hyped and did not measure up. The food was sub-par (other than the heavenly creme brulee), the service wasn't great, the place was rather dingy, and it was overly expensive. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- christmas. rushrustyDined on 12/13/2013The restaurant was very full of large parties but the staff treated us with respect and care. They did not rush it. The service and the food was excellent. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchPickyWineFolkDined on 12/8/2013We had a lovely Birthday Brunch celebration with a table by the window and the fire burning. Our waiter was terrific and very attentive (unfortunately the server was very sloppy - spilled both drinks and never apologized for the mess on the table). Food was amazing (best quiche I have ever eaten). Can't wait to try this place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodfoodieDined on 12/7/2013This restaurant had fantastic service and absolutely mouth watering, delicious food! I booked this after looking at some reviews online and I was not disappointed! For the starter I had the soup of the day which was mild but good and my companions had the crab cakes which were phenomenal. For mains we had the chicken supreme and cod and shrimp basquaises....all were delicious! For dessert we had lemon cake, creme brulee and clafiouti. All were delicious as well! Restaurant was cosy and it was easy to carry on a conversation inside and the service was impeccable. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrationfish4lifeDined on 12/7/2013We were celbrating a birhtday and the waiter noticed that we toasted the person celebrating the birthday. He confirmed it and then on his own put a candle in the desert for the celebrant. Nice touch to notice and react. Overall our party of 6 were very pleased with the excellent service level the preaentation of the food and the whole experience. We all heartily recommend Bodega as a great restaurant and we would all return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in romantique ambienceNanaDined on 11/23/2013We were greeted by friendly staff and a fire in the hearth. The food was tasty and the dish appetizing. The baked beets salad with blue cheese and walnuts has a good marriage of flavo and texturer. The bouillabaise was generous and tasty but the rust did not add anything in the mouth and was not appealing. The staff is very friendly and the service was efficient and unobtrusive. The perfect place for an evening with friends or a romantic tête-à-tête.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant diningTravellerVIPDined on 11/18/2013Old World charm and warmth from this very beautiful building in Baldwin Village. The atmosphere is well set for fine dining and impeccable service. Prix fixe menu is quite aluring with excellent choices available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationWowaDined on 11/15/2013It was good but relatively pricey for the serving portions at lunch.Special Features:
- ExcellentSimonFVIPDined on 11/13/2013Great service and food with old world charm. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatRestoRaterDined on 11/12/2013I was excited to try Bodega, but was overall disappointed by the experience. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I had heard it was a top 50 restaurant in Toronto. The food was good, but it was certainly nothing exceptional. The restaurant is quaint and is on a nice quiet street, but the decor and mood are far more on the traditional side, which is not my personal taste (although it may be for others). All in all, it was a decent meal and I am glad that I tried it, but I would not rush back there again.Special Features:
- Great getawayDinner4twoDined on 10/28/2013Good food. Great wine. Take a date to this fine gem in a great setting : ) Enjoy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion spotJoyceDined on 10/15/2013This is where I go for special occasions. The staff are wonderful. I met two old friends for a catch-up. We had lots to say and stayed until closing time, the only remaining diners. There was no sense of being hurried. We all ate different items from the menu and every dish was wonderful. The ambiance is imtimate: a lovely converted house with fireplace and large rooms. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and reliableLocalDined on 10/10/2013I have enjoyed dining at Bodega for many years. I have never been disappointed in the quality of the food or the efficiency of the service. The staff is attentive without being intrusive; the food is delicious without being contrived or pretentious. I choose Bodega when i am taking out a friends who may be hard to please or with acquaintances whose likes and dislikes I am not familiar with: the menu is accessible to all tastes.Special Features:
- Baldwin surpriseAZLollyVIPDined on 10/6/2013Thanks to open table we found this little street tucked away filled with restaurants. Bodega is a little house with wonderful food. Kir royals, duck and clafoutis. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special FindTRUDEAUISGODDined on 10/5/2013We had not been to Baldwin Village for dinner before and we were more than pleasantly surprised. Bodega exceeded all our expectations in terms of service and food quality. My partner loved it and I thought it was great. We seem to be on some sort of "dega" restaurant odyssey. We previously went to Adega (my favourite), then Bodega (my partner's favourite) and now we need to find a Cedega restaurant to keep our string of "dega" restaurants. Any suggestions?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurant!GeCk0Dined on 10/5/2013Great little restaurant in the middle of Baldwin. The food was scrumptious and the wine list was very good. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceAngelinaVIPDined on 9/23/2013Went here with a group of 8, great food and good service. The only drawback was that they were out of a few things on their menu, which is just annoying. Especially considering I made the reservation a week earlier, they should have planned to ensure everything on the menu was in stock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2013I have been going to this restaurant pretty regularly recently. The food is really good and you can see that the chef is putting thought and care into every dish. The duck is outstanding!!
- Brunch with friendsKate38Dined on 9/15/2013Very good service in a nice neighbourhood setting. Brunch menu is varied and portions are generous and tasty. A good place for both large and small group gathering. Also suitable for an intimate celebration. Nice selection of drinks and wine as well. Price I'd reasonable to boot. Will definitely return another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceSuisseDined on 9/7/2013We were just in town for a few days and this was our 'date night' outing. I had a tenderloin steak that was perfectly cooked with a nice peppercorn cream sauce. My wife had the duck confit and she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back againAlexWDined on 8/31/2013Amazing food, great price. I enjoyed my brunch very much. Will go back for the duck config.Special Features:
- Tres bon!JimboyDined on 8/30/2013We came here 22 years ago when we got engaged. This was our first trip back. We brought our kids (ages 14 and 16) to show them. We had a very nice time. I was surprised it wasn't busier on a Friday evening at 8pm. Only 6 tables full out of 25. Food ,d service were both excellent. ... Just two improvement opportunities: 1) Kids' soft drinks were flat. 2) it was a warm muggy evening and air conditioning wasn't keeping up. Still, a very nice time and we'll come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to tryFatterDined on 8/11/2013We went there for our friend's birthday on Sunday night, only a handful tables of guest so it was quiet. The restaurant is cozy and comfortable. The food is good but no surprise. The waiters, they just did their job, but no enthusiasm; they didn't fill your wine even though the glass was empty until you asked; they didn't even bother to ask you if you would like some more coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Gem "Stands Test of Time"GinnyDined on 8/8/2013I have been going to the restaurant "Bodega", which was originally called "La Bodega", for over 30 years. In all that time, the menus have changed, and the restaurant & patio have been updated, but the food has always been consistently excellent, along with the ambience of the restaurant, as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, average foodNotImpressedDined on 8/8/2013I unfortunately did not have a pleasant experience dining here. The service was quite slow and I often felt ignored despite the fact there was literally only a handful of people there for dinner. The food was average, but the overall nonchalant attitude to serving customers ruined the overall experience
- great lunch with colleaguesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2013Had an excellent outdoor lunch with colleagues. The service was excellent and the food was very good - enjoyed trout served over quinoa. Definitely recommend patio dining during good weather. If you decide to dine indoors - this restaurant is housed in an old Victorian house and it has a wonderful ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined alone!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013I know that the weather was horrible last Friday, but we did not expect to be the only diners in the room. The food was good and the waitress very attentive, but the décor was nondescript and there was no atmosphere. This made it disappointing. It's fine for an ordinary meal but I would certainly not recommend it for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Happy with Lunch at BodegaSusanDined on 7/24/2013I often bring Univ of Toronto colleagues to Bodega and have dined indoors. Have always been very happy with service. I had a business lunch meeting on Wednesday at 1:30 and dined outdoors. The service was absolutely abysmal. We waited over 10 min before a waiter came over to ask if we wanted drinks. We had a basket of bread come later. Waitress never brought plates or cutlery, so I had to track down a waiter to ask for utensils/ plates. We just ordered light appetizers; took extremely long time to get our soups and salads. During our meal we asked for some more bread - it never came. If this were my first time at Bodega I would never return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousLuvdineDined on 7/21/2013I went here for summerlicious. Food was amazing and ambience was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Horrible service.TorontosongbirdDined on 7/20/2013I had to ask for everything. Coffee (I had to ask for twice),cutlery, bread, (which was served after the app and ~30 seconds before the main arrived), a plate for the bread, the bill,everything had to be asked for. I understand it was Summerlicious and you were busy but that's not my problem as a paying customer. And it wasn't that busy when we arrived. There was almost no interaction from the waitress. No engaging, no up-sell, no suggestions. Basically they didn't care at all and it showed. I'm glad you kitchen staff has it together; the meal was quite tasty but your front of staff needs an overhaul. Definitely would not return or recommend.
- Summerlicious treatSharchinVIPDined on 7/18/2013Every course of titis meal was delicious! I started with the crab cake and was pleased with the quantity of crab meat and the accompanying aioli. The lamb entree was cooked and seasoned to perfection. For dessert, the lemon tart with raspberry coulis was a perfect balance between tart and sweet. Overall, it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good neighbourhood eateryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2013Great food but much too hot for dining. Airconditioner couldn't keep up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchsummerlicioisfanDined on 7/14/2013Lunch at Bodega was as we very expecting. A nice quiet setting where we could carry on a quiet conversation and enjoy a very good meal. The service was very good and friendly. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summerlicious treatBobGDined on 7/14/2013We visited Bodega during Summerlicious to check out a new restaurant for us. This was a very pleasant trip. The food was delightful and the waiter was there when we needed him and not over present. We especially liked the decor and the sound level. Definitely will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchKikitoronDined on 7/13/2013Did the fixed menu for lunch. My goat cheese Tart was overbaked and seemed frozen originally. Lamb was over cooked and the knife provided could barely Cover it. Also heavy hand on the salt Lemon tart was too sweet Staff was amazing, and sitting outside was great. Can't expect more from summerliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious DissappointmentDinoDined on 7/12/2013been wanting to try Bodega since I always see it when I go for Ramen across the street. thought that it will be a good chance to do so during summerlicious. I was disappointed. the food was so so, I really thought they could do better. The steak frites was plain, very basic for what is suppose to be a higher end French restaurant. Dessert was blah. the food took a long time to come, although the wait staff was friendly and nice, I would not go back again. I understand that it is Summerlicious and it's a cheaper price that I paid compared to regular menu, BUT here's the tip to all restaurants, if you want to showcase your restaurant for Summerlicious, DO IT RIGHT or don't do it. It is not a chance to Make money, it's a time to impress!Special Features:
- SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2013We have been to Bodega for Summerlicious before and it never lets us down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.