Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
3116 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bodegadc.com/
- Phone: 2023334733
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jeronimo Romero
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our elegant "Matador Lounge" and bar, along with the Veranda patio are available for groups of up to 50. The room is equipped with a separate sound system from the main dining room and has a full bar as well. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Araujo 2023334733
A word from Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
Located in the Heart of Georgetown, Bodega Spanish Tapas and Lounge makes a dramatic design statement with its hammered-copper bars, boldly patterned red-and-black walls, and tables set in intimate alcoves perfect for sharing moderately priced authentic Spanish tapas, traditional paellas and sangria. Don't miss our stylish "Matador Lounge" for dining and cocktails, with an arresting mural of a bullfight arena and opens up to a charming fountain patio - making it a perfect venue for private parties. For corporate lunches, first dates or any other occasion, our guests cannot help but feel transported to the breath-taking Costa del Sol.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)romantic (24)special occasion (22)late-night find (21)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (19)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- MimidcDined on 8/22/2014The food was not that great. I have been in other spanish restaurants that serve tapas and had a much better experience. In particular the order in which they bring tapas was not that meanningful in terms of how they go with each other. The ambiance was a bit dark for summer time and somewhat heavy if you are not in that old classic type of a decor.Special Features:
- Something DifferentGinnyDined on 8/21/2014Some nice choices and great atmosphere ! Had all different fish tapas some veggies and chicken. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Love the small plates to share. Ordered 5 different plates for 3 and it was more than plenty to go around. Flavors were authentic and just like I remembered from Spain.Special Features:
- Great PaellanickVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed good tapas and an excellent paella on saturday night. Friendly service, a fun atmosphere and excellent food. We would definitely return again.Special Features:
- Awesome foodAnna92Dined on 8/16/2014We went for restaurant week and it was so much fun! Great with a small group because you can all share tapas, and the food is all so delicious and unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic all aroundFoodieFaceDined on 8/9/2014From the moment we sat down to the check, our server was friendly, attentive and very helpful with the menu. The outdoor atmosphere was cozy and enjoyable. The wine selection was good and tapas were great. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Exceptional FoodJamesVIPDined on 8/8/2014We tried 5 different dishes, and all of them were superb. Our favorite was the chicken croquettes, but the bacon wrapped dates were great too. Server got a couple items wrong. However, she fixed them.
- Food okay; inexperienced waitressHalGDined on 8/5/2014Perhaps we had an experienced waitress whom we had to flag down for service. She also was the "hostess" upon our early arrival and although we told her we had OpenTable reservations, she failed to notify Open Table making it appear as a "no show." This would seem to be poor training which may well be reflected with others. Food was decent but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Just Barely Ok TapasSteakLuversDined on 8/2/2014If you're looking for some over the top, spectacular food, then this is NOT the place for you. The food was very average and came out luke warm. The waiter forgot to put in 2 of the items we ordered, and we had to ask after not receiving the main dishes 10 minutes after everything else was finished what happened to the rest of our food. The sangria tasted watered down. The atmosphere was fun and energetic and had a great vibe, but the food leaves something to be desired.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Probably would have enjoyed it if our waiter ever visited our table. Why they wouldn't want to sell us another bottle of wine, I'll never know. Five women, two hours, one bottle of wine?
- Positive ExperiencemrcmnstrDined on 8/2/2014I had an overall positive experience. pros: The food was excellent. We didn't have a single plate we didn't love. The wine list is large with a good variety and price range. The restaurant has a good look and feel to it (stylish red and brown motif). Reasonable prices for a Georgetown restaurant. cons: Pay attention to your order. We had two drink orders botched. One of the dishes we ordered was never delivered. I think part of the problem was that the volume level made it difficult for the waiters to properly hear us. It is rather loud (Saturday night dinner). Avoid the corner table by the kitchen. It's an awkward seating arrangement that has you looking at other diners instead of your company.Special Features:
- Nice tapas placeDateVIPDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant is consistent. It's been good each time we have gone. That is a bonus because finding consistently good food all the time is important to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlacekMaNVIPDined on 8/1/2014Bodega has always been a fun place and it hasn't let me down yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantOmnomaudDined on 8/1/2014Two of the dishes were amazing. One was mediocre but the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates in GeorgetownanonymousVIPDined on 7/21/2014The restaurant is cozy, a bit worn, but nice, located on M street in the middle of Georgetown action. There is indoor seating as well as a few tables in an outdoor courtyard. Service was friendly and reasonably attentive. There is a large menu of small plates as well as a few entrees. We ordered a salad and six small plates for 3 people and could barely finish all the food. The dishes we ordered (salad with anchovies, Spanish tortilla, garlic shrimp, beet salad, mushrooms, calamari, and one more that I can't remember) were all delicious. We would definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- Great for Groupseav5445Dined on 7/18/2014Although the restaurant is small and has a slightly crowded layout, to me this adds a little to the Georgetown charm. The back patio is a cute small space, and the food and sangria was very good. The menu works very well for groups to share.Special Features:
- ch22VIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a very hard time getting any of the waitstaff to pay attention to us, which put a bit of a damper on the meal. And, despite the brunch menu that open table has on its website, Bodega no longer has its bottomless mimosa brunch. My omlette was good, but overall I do not feel the meal was quite worth the price.Special Features:
- The Servicecesarlr3Dined on 7/11/2014As always, the food was great and I had a good time. However, I will never grow tired of saying that service at the restaurant needs an urgent makeover. Folks there don't seem to enjoy their job and their negativity and lack of interest in what they do can become contagious. Customers deserve to be served by people with a more positive attitude. Please, do something about this.
- Great Georgetown VibeClarkerDined on 7/6/2014The restaurant is fun and inviting. There are a wide range of fun things to eat.Special Features:
- great food!foodieDined on 7/5/2014Lovely food - very efficient - we were served quickly but not rushed out of the restaurant. lovely setting, very nice staff.Special Features:
- Unbelievable foodalhurrDined on 6/26/2014Good food, I would highly recommend it, I love their quality food service and how friendly the people are. Don't miss it if you r in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great recommendationsuil82Dined on 6/26/2014It was recommended by my cousin and it was perfect, awesome music and delicious wines...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was distractedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/20/2014Went during the World Cup. Food was fine but the service was not very good. The staff was watching the match and seemed to resent having to wait on the customers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We were excited to eat at Bodega tapas based on various reviews. Service was extremely slow and very poor. We ordered two cold tapas dishes to start and our warm tapas arrived before the cold. The food was terrible on top of all of that! The restaurant itself was neat - romantic vibe, cute little outdoor seating area. However I would never recommend this place to anyone...it was that bad.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedDCSimianDined on 6/6/2014I honestly didn't know what to expect when I made reservations for my wife and I this past Friday. No worries though, because the food was great, atmosphere was excellent and service was good. It's a nice date night place and your taste buds will be happy. We had the paella and, while not as great as what's available in Spain, it hit the spot. Would come back.Special Features:
- Fun TimesCWdinereviewDined on 5/20/2014This is my third visit to Bodega over the last 5 years. Took a car from National Harbor to Georgetown with a group just to eat there. Sangria is excellent, selection is super, and food is great. Will visit again.Special Features:
- Good food, lively atmosphereCatDDined on 5/18/2014Good was good, busy and fun place. Great for larger parties, not intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good place nice optionsdroksmith48Dined on 5/14/2014It was a little dark inside but that is ok. Very artsy but great food if you are looking to try new things I enjoyed it alot.
- Close that door!cesarlr3Dined on 5/3/2014I gotta say that I did like the restaurant. Now, there is one thing that's been bothering me the last few times I've dined there: the door. Please, you need double doors. If you are sitting near the main entrance when someone enters the restaurant it gets kinda chilly. Believe me I'm not the only one whose got complains about this. On another note, I feel the service is getting worse and worse. Make sure you hire professionals. The food is good but prices are too high. If you really want to keep charging folks all that money without feeling some shame, you should at least make sure the service is decent. Remember, prices technically include the customer's overall experience, including the server's salaries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 617 reviews are from the Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge reviews archive.
- Service severely lackingRuchiVIPDined on 5/2/2014We have been to Bodega numerous times and it has been excellent. This time however the service was horrible. It started with the waiter giving us a blank look when we asked for water without ice and handing us a dirty plate. The food was good but the time between the appetizers and the main course was a matter of seconds. We wish the service could have been better.Special Features:
- Fresh Tasty Tapas and Great WineWW2013Dined on 4/26/2014I had the seared octopus, tortilla (espanola), grilled basque chorizo and my dining companion had chicken skewers, olives and garbanzos--great bread--and I had a glass of the Sauvignon Blanc--which was excellent. Nicely decorated--simultaneously earthy and sophisticated. Next time I'll bring a group on a nice day and reserve a table in the courtyard.Special Features:
- Bodega TapasMGaneyDined on 4/25/2014We came to Bodega during a visit to D.C. My sister-in-law is Catalon and we wanted to find a tapas place in the area. None of us had ever been and the menu did not disappoint. The squid ink rice with octopus was by far our favorite dish. The food came out quickly and everything we had was absolutely delicious. The one thing we did not enjoy was the cava sangria, nor the wait to pay our bill. However, it was a great tapas find and my brother and sister-in-law plan to return when her parents come to town. Great music, bar scene, and amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- used to be betterworldfoodloverDined on 4/18/2014Used to be better. The paella marinera is very expensive and they have low the quality. Totally recommend the steak. If u are planning to have a full Spanish immersion, do not even bother. The music was totally hispanic (I am hispanic too). However, when we chose this restaurant was to feel the spanish ambience. The service was really good. Sometimes when gets crowded they put the tables too closed so u are almost in groups. It totally kills privacy or romaticism. The decoration is perfect for special ocassions but do not consider a crowded night or you will just find a loud place with food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love BodegaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014They are the best Tapas Resturant in the D.C. Area! If you love gambas al ajillo go to Bodega's. This is a Tapas you do not want to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpeechlessPeachNYDined on 4/17/2014We happened onto this place while walking around and it looked great. I made reservations for my wife and 3 kids - 7 and 10. Everything was great. Lamb chops, shrimp - 4 helpings, beef skewers, chick pea and spinach. Meatballs, tuna. There was so much to choose from and the wine by the glass was great. When I asked my kids the next day what they wanted for lunch they said Bodega. We have told 4 people so far to try this place. Our best meal in 4 days while vacationing in DC was at BodegaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soyshpakovDined on 4/7/2014Bad service: 1) not attentive waiters, 2) making a simple cocktail took 10 min+ Monday night when there were not a lot of people, 3) I ordered one dish for me and one dish for my friend -- they brought them and put in the center of the table together -- not one dish to me and another one to my friend -- so we thought that was some extra to share (like bread). We were eating that sharing between us and waiting for the "main" dishes -- but those were right the dishes we ordered, so we were confusedSpecial Features:
- Hi quality TapasHridoydoctorVIPDined on 3/30/2014The taps here was outstanding. The dates wrapped in bacon, garlic shrimp and sauteed mushroom and beet and goat cheese salad are divine. Don't order the calamari. They are skinny and not soft. The cava is a bit tart. Overall a great Spanish Tapas restaurant in the heart of Georgetown.Special Features:
- Saturday Night Tapas @ Bodega!AdenDined on 3/22/2014It was my fourth time there and always have be good experience. Very good food and energy. It was my first time sitting in the back area, which seem newer than the front. It was nice because there is also another bar back there. My only negative comment is that I felt rushed by the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Servicejstewa23Dined on 3/15/2014I went with three other friends to Bodega in March. We each ordered 3 tapas. At first the food came out timely and then our experience quickly fell through. I asked our waiter several times where our last two tapas dishes were and he simply said this is tapas restaurant so food comes out sporadically. I told him I've been to tapas places before and it never takes this long for the final dishes. The last two plates finally come out, at least 30 min later, and the waiter said it was a kitchen issue. I am 99.9% positive the waiter forgot to put in our order at all. While Bodega did comp us the last two dishes, I would not recommend going back to this place anytime soon.Special Features:
- Food could use some work...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2014I was excited when we got to Bodega- it's very cute and the food looked good. The tapas however were really just "ok". The mussels were fishy and the tuna on the salad also wasn't good. The croquettes were quite good and everything else was really marginal. The sangria also needed work - the red was dry and without much flavor and the special sangria tasted bad because I think they over-marinated the fruit in it.. The place is hot and in a great location so they should work on improving the food because it has a lot of potential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.