Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
3116 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bodegadc.com/
- Phone: 2023334733
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jeronimo Romero
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our elegant "Matador Lounge" and bar, along with the Veranda patio are available for groups of up to 50. The room is equipped with a separate sound system from the main dining room and has a full bar as well. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Araujo 2023334733
A word from Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
Located in the Heart of Georgetown, Bodega Spanish Tapas and Lounge makes a dramatic design statement with its hammered-copper bars, boldly patterned red-and-black walls, and tables set in intimate alcoves perfect for sharing moderately priced authentic Spanish tapas, traditional paellas and sangria. Don't miss our stylish "Matador Lounge" for dining and cocktails, with an arresting mural of a bullfight arena and opens up to a charming fountain patio - making it a perfect venue for private parties. For corporate lunches, first dates or any other occasion, our guests cannot help but feel transported to the breath-taking Costa del Sol.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)good for groups (29)romantic (23)late-night find (21)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (18)special occasion (17)hot spot (16)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014My server (I don't know his name, but he had a beard) provided terrible service. I used to be a server so I am typically not so harsh, but this was ridiculous. He forgot one of our tapas and then forgot my entree. When he finally brought them out, he brought the tapas-version of my salmon instead of the entree. I asked him for more water at least 3 times but he never brought it, so my mom had to go to the bar to get me a glass. He then forgot to bring the albondigas tapa I ordered to replace the entree he forgot. Lastly, when he returned the bill along with the credit card, he brought the wrong card. The food was good, but the service was awful and I will never come back or recommend this restaurant.
- great tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We had a fabulous time at Bodega and will definately go back when we are in that area.Special Features:
- Bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014Sat in the outside covered area and it rained in my plate and on my head. They never should allow seating while raining
- DeliciousOrangecountyDined on 9/29/2014Seafood paella and seafood soup were incredible. Dimly lit atmosphere with festive and trendy Spanish music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, bismal servicemediteraneanManDined on 9/27/2014the food was spectacular and although our waiter did give ONE good recommendation he was beyond unfriendly. felt like i was just not welcome there and their response time was sooo slow...the place itself is very very nice..could do with some renovations but otherwise it was very very nice foodSpecial Features:
- Very nice atmosphereJohnMullinsDined on 9/25/2014Great atmosphere for a date or small group of friends. The only reason Service has 3 stars is because our waiter had forgotten the bread (even though he had poured us a dish of olive oil for dipping lol). Those things don't really bother me so overall it was a nice place to eat.Special Features:
- Was a great find. Loved it.outoftownerDined on 9/16/2014Not recommended if you want to have a meeting or important conversation as it is very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OilyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Went based on Zagat rating and had only one tapas and a large paella after the waiter recommended. The app was deep fried and the paella was way to bland and soaked in oil. We definitely should have stuck to our tapas guns.Special Features:
- Fun moderately-priced in GeorgetownSusieDined on 9/10/2014My 30-yr-old nephew recommended this spot. We had a great time. Nice wine list exclusively Spanish. A couple of the items were too salty for my taste, common to tapas cuisine however. Generally tasty and worth the trip. Attentive, polite, helpful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, subpar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Paella was on point and worth it, but any shrimp that we ordered on different dishes was way overcooked. Service was poor as we initially did not receive any silverware, napkins, or olive oil with our bread until we asked; we sat about 5 minutes staring at our food before we got any silverware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was disappointedDinerDined on 8/30/2014Menu sounded great but the food was not as tasty as we wanted.
- DisappointedPartimeFoodieDined on 8/30/2014I had read several reviews that said this place had the best patatas bravas in DC; when in fact it was the worst I've had! Service was terrible, we sat for at least 10-15 minutes before our server stopped by to take our order, and then we would have to flag him down if we needed anything. No drink refills, nothing. Aside from the disappointing patatas bravas, the rest of what we ordered was pretty good, and the sangria was tasty. For the price, I would probably go to any of the other tapas bars in DC.
- Nice look but average foodMrsSmithDined on 8/30/2014The place had a nice look but the food was very average, nothing special. Had the bacon wrapped dates, scallops, tomato salad, none of which had anything special to it. Had to salt the tomato salad.Special Features:
- Ok but priceySubstancenotjustformVIPDined on 8/30/2014Located in heart of Georgetown, the seats were not very comfortable and the flow was awkward. We had sangria, which was at best okay but expensive. Tapas were very small but most were $11+ , so we ended up paying for meal but just having appetizers. Would not recommend it.Special Features:
- MimidcDined on 8/22/2014The food was not that great. I have been in other spanish restaurants that serve tapas and had a much better experience. In particular the order in which they bring tapas was not that meanningful in terms of how they go with each other. The ambiance was a bit dark for summer time and somewhat heavy if you are not in that old classic type of a decor.Special Features:
- Something DifferentGinnyDined on 8/21/2014Some nice choices and great atmosphere ! Had all different fish tapas some veggies and chicken. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Love the small plates to share. Ordered 5 different plates for 3 and it was more than plenty to go around. Flavors were authentic and just like I remembered from Spain.Special Features:
- Great PaellanickVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed good tapas and an excellent paella on saturday night. Friendly service, a fun atmosphere and excellent food. We would definitely return again.Special Features:
- Awesome foodAnna92Dined on 8/16/2014We went for restaurant week and it was so much fun! Great with a small group because you can all share tapas, and the food is all so delicious and unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic all aroundFoodieFaceDined on 8/9/2014From the moment we sat down to the check, our server was friendly, attentive and very helpful with the menu. The outdoor atmosphere was cozy and enjoyable. The wine selection was good and tapas were great. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Exceptional FoodJamesVIPDined on 8/8/2014We tried 5 different dishes, and all of them were superb. Our favorite was the chicken croquettes, but the bacon wrapped dates were great too. Server got a couple items wrong. However, she fixed them.
- Food okay; inexperienced waitressHalGDined on 8/5/2014Perhaps we had an experienced waitress whom we had to flag down for service. She also was the "hostess" upon our early arrival and although we told her we had OpenTable reservations, she failed to notify Open Table making it appear as a "no show." This would seem to be poor training which may well be reflected with others. Food was decent but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Just Barely Ok TapasSteakLuversDined on 8/2/2014If you're looking for some over the top, spectacular food, then this is NOT the place for you. The food was very average and came out luke warm. The waiter forgot to put in 2 of the items we ordered, and we had to ask after not receiving the main dishes 10 minutes after everything else was finished what happened to the rest of our food. The sangria tasted watered down. The atmosphere was fun and energetic and had a great vibe, but the food leaves something to be desired.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Probably would have enjoyed it if our waiter ever visited our table. Why they wouldn't want to sell us another bottle of wine, I'll never know. Five women, two hours, one bottle of wine?
- Positive ExperiencemrcmnstrDined on 8/2/2014I had an overall positive experience. pros: The food was excellent. We didn't have a single plate we didn't love. The wine list is large with a good variety and price range. The restaurant has a good look and feel to it (stylish red and brown motif). Reasonable prices for a Georgetown restaurant. cons: Pay attention to your order. We had two drink orders botched. One of the dishes we ordered was never delivered. I think part of the problem was that the volume level made it difficult for the waiters to properly hear us. It is rather loud (Saturday night dinner). Avoid the corner table by the kitchen. It's an awkward seating arrangement that has you looking at other diners instead of your company.Special Features:
- Nice tapas placeDateVIPDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant is consistent. It's been good each time we have gone. That is a bonus because finding consistently good food all the time is important to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlacekMaNVIPDined on 8/1/2014Bodega has always been a fun place and it hasn't let me down yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantOmnomaudDined on 8/1/2014Two of the dishes were amazing. One was mediocre but the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates in GeorgetownanonymousVIPDined on 7/21/2014The restaurant is cozy, a bit worn, but nice, located on M street in the middle of Georgetown action. There is indoor seating as well as a few tables in an outdoor courtyard. Service was friendly and reasonably attentive. There is a large menu of small plates as well as a few entrees. We ordered a salad and six small plates for 3 people and could barely finish all the food. The dishes we ordered (salad with anchovies, Spanish tortilla, garlic shrimp, beet salad, mushrooms, calamari, and one more that I can't remember) were all delicious. We would definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- Great for Groupseav5445Dined on 7/18/2014Although the restaurant is small and has a slightly crowded layout, to me this adds a little to the Georgetown charm. The back patio is a cute small space, and the food and sangria was very good. The menu works very well for groups to share.Special Features:
- ch22VIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a very hard time getting any of the waitstaff to pay attention to us, which put a bit of a damper on the meal. And, despite the brunch menu that open table has on its website, Bodega no longer has its bottomless mimosa brunch. My omlette was good, but overall I do not feel the meal was quite worth the price.Special Features:
- The Servicecesarlr3Dined on 7/11/2014As always, the food was great and I had a good time. However, I will never grow tired of saying that service at the restaurant needs an urgent makeover. Folks there don't seem to enjoy their job and their negativity and lack of interest in what they do can become contagious. Customers deserve to be served by people with a more positive attitude. Please, do something about this.
- Great Georgetown VibeClarkerDined on 7/6/2014The restaurant is fun and inviting. There are a wide range of fun things to eat.Special Features:
- great food!foodieDined on 7/5/2014Lovely food - very efficient - we were served quickly but not rushed out of the restaurant. lovely setting, very nice staff.Special Features:
- Unbelievable foodalhurrDined on 6/26/2014Good food, I would highly recommend it, I love their quality food service and how friendly the people are. Don't miss it if you r in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great recommendationsuil82Dined on 6/26/2014It was recommended by my cousin and it was perfect, awesome music and delicious wines...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 625 reviews are from the Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge reviews archive.
- Staff was distractedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/20/2014Went during the World Cup. Food was fine but the service was not very good. The staff was watching the match and seemed to resent having to wait on the customers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We were excited to eat at Bodega tapas based on various reviews. Service was extremely slow and very poor. We ordered two cold tapas dishes to start and our warm tapas arrived before the cold. The food was terrible on top of all of that! The restaurant itself was neat - romantic vibe, cute little outdoor seating area. However I would never recommend this place to anyone...it was that bad.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedDCSimianDined on 6/6/2014I honestly didn't know what to expect when I made reservations for my wife and I this past Friday. No worries though, because the food was great, atmosphere was excellent and service was good. It's a nice date night place and your taste buds will be happy. We had the paella and, while not as great as what's available in Spain, it hit the spot. Would come back.Special Features:
- Fun TimesCWdinereviewDined on 5/20/2014This is my third visit to Bodega over the last 5 years. Took a car from National Harbor to Georgetown with a group just to eat there. Sangria is excellent, selection is super, and food is great. Will visit again.Special Features: