Bodega Restaurant and Lounge
1854 Coventry Road, Unit B
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
Bodega Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: Currently under construction
- Phone: 2169323060
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 6:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Continental
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Hold your event at Bodega or we will come to you. Call us to discuss your needs as we can work from our existing menu or custom create a selection to suit your desires. Birthdays, business meetings, wine parties etc...regardless of why you are gathering, Bodega can help you make it a memorable event.
- Private Party Facilities: Utilize our lounge for your private party. We offer traditional table dining or lounge style. If your gathering is sizable you can utilize the entirety of Bodegas' facility.
- Private Party Contact: John Bruhn 216-570-1129
- Entertainment: Live musical entertainment and events are scheduled frequently. Come listen to local Cleveland artists or join in on our monthly wine and spirit tastings. View our calendar for our next celebration or gathering.
A word from Bodega Restaurant and Lounge
Bodega restaurant & lounge offers something for everyone. Drinking and dining can be enjoyed in one of our three settings: traditional tables, relaxing lounge or our beautiful white granite bar. Indulge your senses as you are surrounded by rich textures, sensuous lighting and a variety of music. Dishes offer a diverse variety for the palate AND BUDGET ranging from smaller plate tapas to customary entrees. Our cuisine is eclectic continental offering a wide range of tastes for you to explore. Find a new favorite from our vast wine (100+), beer (100+), and martini (200+) lists as well. Live music is frequently scheduled along with a calendar of events to keep you entertained (wine/spirit tastings, monthly parties, and weekly specials...) Come for Bodegas' weekly offerings: Ladies night FREE manicures & drink specials, happy hours & 50% off tapas nights-and much more!!! Reviewed and highly recommended by Cleveland's' critics, we all look forward to your visit at Bodega.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bodega Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (13)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (8)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Very enjoyableNeilDined on 9/14/2014Very tasty food. Nice variety on menu. This is a great place to go for an unusual but excellent meal.Special Features:
- Just OKJoelVIPDined on 9/5/2014We liked the restaurant, but didn't think it stood up to its price points. Good variety, decent preparation. Seafood stew was overcooked. Salmon was done nicely as ordered but not particularly memorable. Touted lobster mac and cheese fell short. Also, when we arrived and said we had an OpenTable reservation, the host had no idea what we were talking about, suggested we give our "coupons" to the server, and failed to log us in. so we got a notice from OpenTable that we failed to honor our reservation.
- Great food with interesting varietymadifranDined on 8/11/2014We found this restaurant on Open Table and did not know what to expect. The variety of items was impressive as the menu not only includes the traditional fish, seafood, steak and pasta items but also a Moroccan menu that looked delightful. I had the shrimp with mushroom ravioli which was tremendous; my wife the salmon which had a wonderful flavor and my son the surf and turf which was nothing exotic but well made. The beer, wine and drink selection offered plenty of variety. It was a bit pricey, and I probably would have given it a higher score if not for the fact that when my credit card ended up in a different check folder. It seemed a bit suspicious to me, yet I did retrieve it. So I suggest be careful when you pay.Special Features:
- Exceeded all expectationsNa12Dined on 8/7/2014Best service I have had in years, food was fantastic (best mushroom ravioli ever!) and the inside and outside decor was perfection! Cuisine offered something for everyone I could not get enough of everything we ordered! Top notch experience I will make the effort to be back soon! Cannot wait to try and experience more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starlmk2014Dined on 8/1/2014We found the staff to be attentive without being invasive; the music was good; the food amazing! We recommend Bodega to all of our foodie friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great.RelativelyGDined on 7/22/2014I have visited Bodega regularly since the day it opened & have had nothing but consistent quality and great service every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimmeekimmeeDined on 7/18/2014The food was amazing. Our server was top notch, and the Sangria! Can't wait to eat here again. This was our first visit. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great eveningEileenNCDined on 7/5/2014Coming in from out of town it is great to eat in a quirky location like Coventry. This restaurant has such an interesting menu and there is definitely something for everyone. Our food was delicious but portions were very large. I guess we could have ordered small plates or tapas instead of large entrees. The service was wonderful and our charming Moroccan waiter was attentive without being intrusive. The drinks were fabulous. I had the white peach which had peach purée and was not overly sweet. All in all a lovely dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014This is like my 5th time at Bodega. It is always superb. You got a taste the Lobster macaroni & cheese, my wife's favorite.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningHGONEDined on 5/30/2014We bought a Living Social deal and decided to try a new place. We were pleasantly surprised by how wonderful everything was. We wanted to experience the Moroccan cusine and it was excellent. Truthfully, the whole menu looked great, it was really difficult to decide what to order. The staff was really well trained and friendly. Next time we are going to try a Wednesday when they have belly dancers. I think it will be fun! Coventry is a little off the beaten path but if this place were downtown I doubt one would ever get a table. I highly recommend giving it a try.Special Features:
- The following 208 reviews are from the Bodega Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- I LOVE This Place!DeidreDined on 5/23/2014I LOVE this place! I highly recommend the lobster mac and cheese appetizer! The service is always stellar and very personal, great energy. It's more of a weekend spot if you want to see the energy, but if you go during the week, it's much quieter. They person who seated me recommended the lamb, which was one of their specials, and I was not disappointed! Great place to go! Kind of expensive, though. I only go when I can get a Groupon, but they run fairly often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service & Very OverpricedmandibleCLEDined on 5/18/2014Looking over the menu at Bodega, I was completely shocked at the prices. The menu online is not accurate - they've raised some of the prices. $12 for hummus? $15 for two stuffed peppers? Even the best restaurants in Cleveland aren't this expensive. Based on the prices, we had high expectations for the food and the service. Both my parents ordered lobster bisque, which for some reason took 15-20 minutes to come out and didn't actually have lobster in it. Our waiter told us at one point he'd be bringing us bread, which we never received. One of us ordered seafood pasta ($30) which was probably the best thing I tasted - but still, completely overpriced. Overall, there are so many better values and much better food in Cleveland.Special Features:
- Great find in hot spot of townitsthateasy5813Dined on 5/8/2014Took a chance on Trip Advisor searching for a place to meet family during trip through Cleveland. Doubly impressed that Groupon had terrific deal for the place too. Vibrant place with packed indoor house enjoying live music. Was seated outdoors on a great evening besides. Recommend worth going if you're in the area.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindLisakDined on 5/6/2014We celebrated our 24th Anniversary at Bodega on a Tuesday evening. The restaurant came highly recommended so we wanted to give it a try. We were not disappointed! The ambiance was beautiful. The wine and Martini list was over the top. The staff was knowledgeable and professional. My husband and I felt like we were the only people in the restaurant. The food was phenomenal. We cannot wait to go back in few weeks to share this gem with our friends. I still cannot believe it took us so long to hear about this fabulous place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Groupon FindBobcatABDined on 5/2/2014We found Bodega thanks in part to Groupon (they had a deal $60 credit for $30). Finding the restaurant was easy and the staff was very friendly. The ambience was modern and dim lit which made for a nice romantic setting. However, there were two televisions overtop of the bar which glared light into the dining area and really took away from the experience. The food was delicious- we ordered the mussels, seafood pasta and mushroom ravioli with shrimp. In the end, they placed our $60+ leftovers in cheap plastic containers with even cheaper plastic bags that said " thank you thank you thank you " (like Chinese takeout). Overall, it was a nice dining experience minus the tv's and cheap bags.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Groupon findLindyDined on 4/5/2014Pleasant casual environment. Knowledgeable attentive wait staff. The small plates were ample and th entrees, in my opinion huge. Our selections included the tuna tartar, foie gras, mussels and entrees of Chilean sea bass and Berber stew, all very good. Yummy orrozo. Bon Appetit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightFood4ThoughtDined on 4/4/2014We attempted a visit before Valentine's Day and our Groupon was not honored "due to the holiday." We immediately left, hungry and annoyed. The Groupon was expiring and we decided to try again. We were seated in a nice, quiet area. Our waiter was nice as well. My boyfriend ordered Pan-seared Duck which was tough and chewy. A worker, who we presumed to be the manager, was informed of the issue and he stated that my boyfriend shouldn't have ordered it to be well-done and walked away, not resolving the issue with a snub, rude attitude. After flagging down another waiter, our waiter returned and took a new order for my boyfriend, Chicken Alfredo, which was much better. We probably won't be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Paris + Marrakesh + Manhattan...FresserVIPDined on 3/28/2014...all under one roof in Coventry! Bodega is the Cleveland Heights contribution to greater Cleveland rising culinary star. Fabulous menu, good wine list and a great patio. The recent revamp that replaced the lounge area with tables is a welcomed change - it's now even more of a cosmopolitan oasis for grown-ups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum - And Great Happy HourTracyHDined on 3/28/2014We came on a Friday night for a reservation at 6pm. The restaurant was surprisingly empty considering it was happy hour but it did quicky fill up by 7ish. The happy hour drink specials were great - get a martini - WOW! I thought it was pricey, however, the meal portions were huge and the food was AWESOME! Our waiter was a bit soft spoken, however, he was very attentive, suggestive to items on the menu when asked and overall we all thought he did a great job. We gave him a 25% tip. The chairs while sleek, modern and stylish were a bit hard and uncomfortable. The restroom could have used some attention as well. Overall though the service and food were fantastic. We had an excellend experience and will for sure be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappynuthanniceDined on 3/23/2014Had the worst food, and the worst service for this vastly over priced dining experience, will never go back again
- Amazing menu and great food.Swimom63Dined on 3/22/2014Amazing menu and great food. Martini list is something to be seen! Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heart of MoroccoDontEatDineVIPDined on 3/21/2014Order off the 'Heart of Morocco' menu at this restaurant for a more unique dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same Ballpark-But Nosebleed SectionclevoplannerDined on 3/15/2014I know Bodega has been here a while and most people rave about it. Perhaps we came on an off day. As my Fiancee' and I talked about our experience while dining, my thoughts were this place is one that could be compared with other notable local independents, but not particularly special. She asked if I thought it was in the same ballpark as other noteworthy local places. I said yes. but in the nosebleed section of the ballpark. Or better yet, it would be like standing in Home Run Porch: there is a good chance you might see a home run and it might come your way. Bottom line: the chairs were not comfortable and took away from any possible romantic feeling; until we actually said something, we felt rushed, and the food was average.Special Features:
- The only place in town forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014The only place in town for Moroccan food and they do a good job. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014I think the food was great at Bodega, and I hope to return soon. My only critique would be that it took a little while longer than I expected for the food to come out, but once it did, all was forgiven. Thanks for a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have easily been betterSurpriseDined on 3/8/2014Surprised my boyfriend here with some friends for dinner. Table was near the door and it was rather cold. Drinks were not refilled in a timely manner. Food did come out in a timely manner and overall the highlight of the place. The price for the food was not bad, but spending $93 for 2 dinners and 2 drinks should have come with much better service.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014I will never go back to this restaurant again. Went for a friends dinner party. Took waiter 20 mins before coming to take drink orders. Then while order instructed he would not accommodate special orders you ordered and received what was on the menu. So took another 30 min for him to bring the food. Food was good but of course my plate took an additional 15 mins to come and I was just starting while every body else was finishing up. Desert orders took another 20 min for him to come back and take. A simple dinner party of 10 which should have been about an hours was a 3.5 hour affair. NEVER AGAIN.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2014There were a lot of negative reviews recently but my visit on 2/22 was very positive. I didn't notice that the restaurant was cold, as many reviews stated. The server was a real pro. Food was very good, but just short of 4 stars in my book (I think I am a tough grader). I was a little taken aback by the prices of some of the dishes, I expect a $10 caprese salad and entrees that get into the $30+ range when I am downtown, not on Coventry. But, there are plenty of $18-$24 entrees as well and entree portions were enormous, plenty for lunch the next day. Bodega is absolutely worth a try if you are looking for a menu with some different things on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFood4ThoughtDined on 2/15/2014Well, we made reservations and thank goodness we did. The place was packed. The tables were closely spaced together so you had better hope your neighbors were nice. We were greeted by a nice waiter and he asked if we had any Groupon or Living Social deals. When we responded that we did, he stated that because of the Valentine's Day weekend and how much business they had, they would not be honoring the vouchers that night (Saturday). If it wasn't for Groupon, I would never have heard of the place, let alone tried it out. We grabbed out coats and left. When I made the reservation, I received a courtesy call Saturday afternoon, at which point, we could have been informed them. It would've saved us a trip and aggravation of going.
- Great restaurant, bad policiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We had a Groupon, which they've offered twice in the past few months, including just a few weeks before Valentine's Day. I made a reservation on VDay, after checking the Groupon to be sure it was usable on a Friday and/or holiday, and nothing said it wasn't. When we got there, they had trouble finding our reservation, even though we were on time. When seated the (very nice) waiter told us the owner said they wouldn't honor Groupons on the "holiday weekend." Then when we looked through the menu we noticed it was a much reduced menu than their regular offerings, missing several of my favorite items. When we asked, they said they still offer those items, just not on the holiday weekend. At this point we decided to go elsewhere.Special Features:
- Luv2EatLuv2EatVIPDined on 2/8/2014Food and service were excellent as always. The more my wife and I dine there, the more we've come to appreciate Bodega.Special Features:
- Too cold in winteryummyVIPDined on 2/7/2014Freezing cold...brought over a heater half way throught our meal which helped but it definitely made the beginning a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been perfect but for,,,JabwaDined on 2/7/2014The food was fabulous--unique, tasty, nicely presented, and generous portions. The menu was quite diverse. The server was attentive, friendly and helpful. The prices were high but a discount coupon helped reduce the actual cost. The ambiance was classy. But, and it's an important one, it was well below freezing outside. We had to wear our coats during our meal. We got there an hour after it opened but they had just turned up the heat. They placed a space heater near us but it wasn't enough. More important. was the delivery of supplies (like wine) through a back door that was separated from the narrow dining room by a thin, split curtain that did not stop the cold from blowing through. The door was kept open for several minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tummy KnotRussellWilsonDined on 2/1/2014The night we chose, was extremely busy and extremely loud! It was OK for a while, but it did not let up. And by the time our dinners came, our tummies were in a knot.... We typically like a hip, somewhat noisy, atmosphere, but this was a bit over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Neighborhood Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2014The ambience is modern with a Middle Eastern inspired chic. It has a lounge-y feel that makes you want to hang out for a while. The food is full of flavor and spice that dance on your tastebuds. The lobster risotto is absolutely heavenly. The soy chile wings are saucy delight.Morrocan sliders are so much and flavorful that you will never want eat a fast food burger again. The mixed grill is phenomenol. The wait staff is attentive but not overbearing. Come eat here. It's delicious.Special Features:
- Luv2Eat BODEGASLuv2EatVIPDined on 1/22/2014Bodegas I love the quiet atmosphere and the friendly service. the food is flavorful and just delicious. My favorite Lets get away just the two of us spot! sometimes four my sister and her husband love it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameDisappointedDined on 1/18/2014This Jan. weekend, we were seated near the drafty front door and watched party after party come in and try to avoid the front tables. Our waiter kept leaving as quickly as possible. After ordering, he came back to say they were out of lobster for lobster risotto. This was the only time he stuck around as he stood and waited while I went through the menu to make another selection. We ordered salmon w/ eggplant and it came with no eggplant. He said, "Oh yeah, they should have changed that menu a long time ago." Every 30 minutes, the hostess started playing violin loudly enough that we could not speak at our nearby table. Cold room, fair food quality, a misleading menu, stringent violin and an inexperienced waiter made it tough to settle in.
- another great mealsnipsVIPDined on 1/18/2014We really like Bodega. I'm not sure if it is that staff will take a break and play classical music while you dine, or if it is the food, or the combination. In any case, we have thoroughly enjoyed both our visits to Bodega. We really like the small plates/tapas section of the menu and once again tried the Lobster Nachos (excellent) and the Lobster Mac+Cheese (too cheesy this time). We paired these with mixed green salads. We had hoped to try the Lobster Parmesan Rissoto but that was unavailable for some reason. We did try the Roasted Mussels and while not as divine as promised by the server, was very good. We topped our meal off with a slice of Chocolate Decadence and coffee.Special Features:
- Most memorable meal in years!PaulDined on 1/9/2014We have been to Bodega many times for martinis and tapas, but for my birthday I wanted to actually eat dinner there. I had the mixed grill with chicken, steak and lamb with Moroccan spices. It was sublime. Had a great experience. A very special place. Everyone that works there makes you feel like a VIP! Thanks Said!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayOTBRDined on 12/31/2013Based on reviews and website menu, we looked forward to the lobster risotto and halibut. We were quite disappointed when we arrived to find that neither were actually on the menu - as well as being informed by our server that the restaurant does not serve iced tea, which I thought was a little odd. This was our first visit, and it was apparent from the crowd that there were many regulars, so there is obviously a draw to the restaurant. The food that we had was flavorful, however there was nothing on the menu that particularly stood out that would bring us back to try it again.Special Features: