Bodega on Granby
442 Granby St.
Norfolk, VA 23510Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Bodega on Granby
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bodegaongranby.com/
- Phone: 7576228527
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: John Hicks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bodega on Granby
A Spanish/ Mediterranean influenced eatery specializing in tapas style dinning.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bodega on Granby reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- LOVE ITBellaDined on 9/20/2014My experience was great. The food was plenty and really good. My waitress was extremely nice. She made sure me and my guests were happy about everything; she even recommend good dinner ideas. However, I am not big on alcoholic drinks so I usually ask my servers to tell me what kind is good. the drink wasn't as good as I expected it to be. My other problem was reservation. I made a reservation online for 6 people (it was the limit). I talked to the manager for more people and he said all the tables were reserved for 7; however , when I got there there were max 20 people in the place and according to the waitress most of the reservations were before 7pm. I had to tell some of my guests not to come because of limited space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodHeartsofhavocDined on 9/19/2014The food is always great here. I like the ambiance and the tapas style menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chef set a new high water markIhatetocookDined on 7/8/2014We enjoyed an all tapas meal with wine. The ceviche was among the best anywhere, the seasoning in the garlic shrimp knocked it out of the park, the mussels were huge and a massive serving, and those roasted oysters from the specials list was top notch. We left pleasantly sated and pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small plates, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Great unique dishes. Always new daily creations. Have been multiple times. Always satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Bodega on Granby reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014the cerviche would have been better if I ordered it the day before lamb okay
- Good EateryLuv2travelVIPDined on 5/3/2014Bodega is a small, quaint restaurant, which was quiet for a nice romantic dinner. The food was not as flavorful as I had hoped for given the Spanish flair, but it was over all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougDined on 4/29/2014Great food and excelellent service. We do not get to dowtown Norfolk that often, but we would make Bodega a regular stop if we did. Their paella was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Tapas PlacemmmmmgreatfoodDined on 4/24/2014My wife and I always enjoy coming to Bodega for dinner. The are some great stands on the menu and the special are unique and a real treat. The Crab Bisque is thick and hardy and a cup will go a long way if filling you up. The seared tuna is superb and the wine and beer list helps to round out the night. A great place to share dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater Dinner at BodegaFitnessbabeVIPDined on 4/5/2014We love dining at Bodega and enjoyed a pre-Cirque du Soleil dinner on 5 April 2014. I recommend starting with the rare tuna. I had a fish special, wahoo, which was just a tad bit overdone. Their salads are the best and are always fresh and tasty. I adore their risotto and their cocktail menu. I recommend making a reservation on the weekends. It gets busy fast. Thanks Bodega!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014I really enjoyed the atmosphere and food of this restaurant. I will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, good food!JAYCDined on 2/21/2014Our first time at Bodega was very enjoyable. The waitstaff was very attentive and food came out promptly. Wide tapas selection that made it a fun evening of trying different things. Very convenient for pre-Concert of event dining at downtown Norfolk attractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the tapas were outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014the tapas were outstanding, the service was a tad slow but was fine considering the crowd. Great stop for dinner before the show.Special Features:
- Great servicevb2013Dined on 12/20/2013This was our first experience, and was glad we came in early for dinner. Our waitress gave good recommendations, was attentive and pleasant. We had a relaxing delicious dinner, and had enough time before the show at the Chrysler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Go To PlaceVBLocalVIPDined on 12/7/2013I go to Bodega all the time and am glad they have joined Open Table. A Tapas style restaurant, Angel does a great job managing the house. Food is always great, nice bar if you want to stop for a quick bite. Small intimate setting...free valet parking next door at 456 Fish is for both restaurants if you don't like parking and walking. Great place to go before a show as Chrysler Hall, Scope, Roper, etc. are a close walk. Close to Monticello light rail stop. The cheese fondue which changes nightly is always good... Great place to go with a small group and share the different Tapas. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Bodega is the bestfossmanDined on 11/23/2013Had a great time Sat night. Small plate tapas is the way to go - love the interaction with my family as we share. Definitely need reservations for Sat nights - every table was booked! But if you are just two, you might be able to snag a spot at the bar last minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.