Bodega de España
485 Alisal Rd
Solvang, CA 93463Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Bodega de España
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bodegasolvang.com/
- Phone: 805 688 8980x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 12:00-3:30pm ~ 5:30-8:30pm
Tuesday 12:00-3:30pm ~ 5:30-8:30pm
Wednesday12:00-3:30pm ~ 5:30-8:30pm
Friday 12:00-3:30pm ~ 5:30-8:30pm
Saturday 10:30-4:30pm ~ 6:00-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
Serrano Ham, Manchego Cheese, Paella, Wines...
All the specialties of Spanish cuisine are now available to you!
Enjoy the best Paella, SpanishTapas, different kinds of cheese, Spanish wines, delicious desserts and traditional Spanish dishes.
Flamenco and Spanish Music
Feel the soul and heart of Spain with a Fiesta Flamenca. Loose yourself to the wonderful Spanish guitar along with an exciting performance of Flamenco dancers.
- Special Events: We provide catering services for:
A word from Bodega de España
Bodega de España is a local authentic Spanish tapas bar and restaurant. When dining out in Santa Ynez Valley whether for lunchtime food, evening meals, or just a quick snack, we provide the best traditional Spanish food in Santa Barbara County.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bodega de España reviews from OpenTable diners
- Tasteless foods and overpriced !tq525VIPDined on 8/3/2014We had late lunch around 2pm. Nobody's there, except the Spanish couple owner. The seafood paella and sautéed mushroom appetizer were so badly prepared and no taste. Also way over priced for this tiny, hole-in-the-wall place. Definitely NOT recommended!!
- Restaurant ClosedbeerdownVIPDined on 8/2/2014Unfortunately we showed up at 11:05AM for our 11:00AM brunch reservation and the doors were locked and the lights were turned off. Not sure if the restaurant was closed for good or if the hours were incorrect on Open Table, but they were definitely not open. Would have loved to try the food!
- We will not return..ksb48VIPDined on 5/2/2014This is a tough review because we loved the older couple that are probably the owners. The sangria was good but needed to be iced with fruit. It was like chilled wine/juice. As far as the food...it was very overpriced and bland small portion sizes. The shrimp appetizer was boiled tasteless shrimp served with iceberg lettuce and tomato slices with small dishes of oily spicy sauce? perhaps for dipping...for $15. We ordered the tapas mushroom with garlic sauce and it was like a broth with floating mushrooms in a tiny bowl....soupy. We decided to be polite and pay and eat somewhere else. We had really high hopes paid $70 with tip and left sad and hungry. They did bring us a dish of delicious olives that we enjoyed. We will not return.
- AuthenticCharlieVIPDined on 3/7/2014Reminded us so much of a small town bodega in Spain. Nothing fancy but good food and nice wine. Juan and his wife run this small gem. We ate there twice because we enjoyed it so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingNurzenezDined on 2/15/2014Great food! The owners are an amazing couple from Valencia Spain. Made us special treats and even treated us to champagne. A must for anyone that visits Solvang. For sure will return! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCE!LParkerDined on 11/6/2013We had a lovely dinner at Bodega de España! The staff was attentive and very pleasant. The food was exceptional and the presentation perfect!. The seafood fresh and absolutely delicious.The wine list was very interesting, only wines imported from Spain. We spoke with other patrons who make Bodega de España an stop during the trips to Santa Ynez Valley. I would recommend this Spanish restaurant to all my friends. We had such a very good time.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant in Solvang!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2013Our friends recommended this restaurant in Solvang. Outstanding food, service, and ambience. They have really Spanish Tapas imported from Spain. Valencian Paella was one of the best Spanish dishes we have ever had. it was simply delicious. The Tablas were excellent, fine wines and excellent Sangria prepared with natural fruit. We really enjoyed our dinner. It s a small place with a very nice decoration and relaxed atmosphere. Tables are usually reserved in advance. This restaurant is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Paella Ever-Stay AwayDavidDined on 10/30/2013Based on the pic that this restaurant had posted we decided to go because we wanted some seafood paella. I mentioned that I'd prefer to have mine without calamari. What they brought us was two pans full of rice with two shrimp on top of each. They said that the mussels and clams weren't good that day but they provided no explanation for why they hadn't substituted something else. This was in spite of the fact that they have a picture on their counter showing the paella 4 kinds of seafood and they didn't mention anything about the fact that there was no fish besides the shrimp when we ordered. This is without a doubt the worst meal I've had at any restaurant I've booked through open table. My advise would be to eat anywhere else in Solvang
- Not a good DinnerGiovanniVIPDined on 10/20/2013Went dinner last Week.. Many things have to change before I will consider to go back
- We enjoyed the quaintnessJDRLVVIPDined on 10/2/2013We enjoyed the quaintness of the restaurant and had a delightful time meeting the owners who are also the waiters and the cooks. It was like going to someone's home for tapas. The quality and quantity of the food for the price was a disappointment. Only a single entre seafood paella limited the menu choices. It has the potential of becoming a much better restaurant.Special Features:
- little tapas restaurant in Silvang-OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2013It was quite OK. It was a small family owned restaurant in Silvang. The food was quite good and the owners were kind enough to explain Spanish dishes. Spanish Jamon and cheese were delicious. Next time if I go Solvang, I want to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.