3376 E 51st Street
Tulsa, OK 74135Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bodean.net/
- Phone: (918) 749-1407
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Tim Richards
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our East Private Dining Room can seat 32 people and is not visible from the Main Dining Room.
This room comes equipped with a 58-inch Plasma monitor that is compatible with most presentations. Internet access is available for presentations.
Our other private dining area, The Board Room, can seat 18 people and opens up to our Main Dining Room.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Hays 9187433861
- Entertainment: Sunday Night Music - Bodean's Lounge offers a wide selection of local Music talent each and every Sunday night. Please call us or check our website for the various acts.
A word from Bodean Seafood
Bodean Seafood Restaurant & Market is centrally located in Tulsa. Bodean opened in 1968 as a small, family-owned fish market, and was the first from all over the world using daily air shipments. Over the years, Bodean developed a fine-dining restaurant with an award-winning menu and wine list. After enjoying the same location for 40 years, Bodean recently moved to a new location offering a unique and cozy decor that is the work of local talents. Enjoy your evening in our main dining area or our comfortable lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bodean Seafood - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Bodean Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (66)romantic (52)notable wine list (41)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (15)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (0)Show More
- SunshineDined on 11/11/2014The champagne dill sauce was really good, but that was the worst scallop recipe I ever had. The scallops themselves were good, but that bean sauce ruined them and the whole meal. Wait, that was the whole meal. Awful flavor for scallops. And, the beans weren't really done and the pork skin was tough and uneatable. Who knows what that long green herb was. At that price one should not have to pay extra for sides. Two sides should come with every main course. The bread and butter were really good and bread was nice and hot.Special Features:
- Excellent MealJasoninTulsaDined on 11/7/2014I brought work colleagues from Germany to Bodeans and we all had such a good meal and a good time. The coffee cake to take with us was a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceMDeleyDined on 11/7/2014Second time my wife and I have dined here, the first time was for lunch and we really liked it then. The restaurant is set up nicely, not too crowded between the tables which allows for conversation without having to raise your voice. We had good service and good food.Special Features:
- Could have been better...Tasteful2Dined on 11/2/2014Solid experience, but If the fireplaces would have been turned on the restaurant would have scored highest. We really wanted to dine fireside for this special evening. Employees said the manager said electric fireplaces could not be turned on yet. Seriously, November and no fireplaces on? Seems questionable and a huge seasonal mistake. If you have TWO fireplaces, you should use them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night dinnerBagmanDined on 10/26/2014Bodeans is one of the top 5 dining destinations in Tulsa. Outstanding wait staff paired with delicious, carefully prepared, well portioned meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in townTulsaCharlesVIPDined on 10/26/2014There are more expensive restaurants in Tulsa and there are restaurants where the presentation of the food looks more fantastical. Nonetheless, Bodean and the entire staff from their incredible general manager Kieron St. Ledger on down will knock your socks off every time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I an celiac. They always accomodate me by making me meal gluten freeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014We love Bodead's. We live in Oklahoma City and always like the treat of going to Tulsa for events and treating ourselves to dinner at Bodean's. The fish menu varies almost daily. The wait staff has ready with recommendations of mixing sauces and sides to make a nice dish. Michelle is our favorite waitress and will always ask to sit in her section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJST2LKYDined on 10/21/2014Celebrated a National Championship at the Arabian Horse show with a championship dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDaddaughterDined on 10/19/2014My daughter and I have come to enjoy Bodeans for nice evening dinner for the two of to chatSpecial Features:
- Perfect birthday dinnerrep164Dined on 10/18/2014We went to Bodean on a Saturday night for my boyfriend's birthday. The location in a strip mall looks questionable, but the inside is beautiful! We were seated in a perfect booth where we got to sit next to each other and could see the rest of the dining room. Our waitress was great and very helpful with suggestions. We had the tuna tartare appetizer, then he got the seared tuna and I got the Alaskan halibut. All the food was amazing, and portions were very generous for a nice restaurant. We were stuffed, but couldn't pass up the free birthday dessert. We picked the pretzel ice cream pie, which was unique and delicious. Overall a great experience and well worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The waitress was outstanding and that made the evening enjoyable.Special Features:
- Service and food were top notchFoodfanDined on 10/15/2014Modern lamb lollipop was excellent as was the classic perfect trout almandine. Chocolate mousse dome had a mix of textures and wonderful understated sweetness. Food presentation was beautiful. Warm ambience. Everything made for a relaxed but special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SignoraDined on 10/13/2014We all ordered the Tasting Menu with wines and it was delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night outambtkbDined on 10/13/2014This was a wedding anniversy dinner. We both enjoyed the whole experience including the little coffee cake gift box they gave each customer as we were leaving. I've added this site to our faves!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/28/2014This is an inconspicuous place, in a shopping center and next to the freeway. But once in the door, it is very nice and quiet; romantic. The service was outstanding. Nick, I think. The food was great. We had halibut and salmon. Really good martinis and wine. They have a lounge for music, drinks and dining, too. I can't say enough good things about this place. I will definitely recommend it to friends and family in the Tulsa area. Sunday night they had a 3 piece jazz ensemble that we could have stayed all night to listen to and that's coming from someone who lives near Austin, Tx. Go there if you have a chance, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Very Blah!swapperkingDined on 9/27/2014Honestly when we arrived I wasnt blown away by the exterior. But I said its the food that counts. Unfortunately, the food coldnt overcome its strip mall origins. Theservice was really good. Prices for a seafood restaurant were in the ball park. Selection though was very limited. I understand this is tulsa but it was VERY limited. No choices for sauces on your fish. Apparently you liked it grilled or you didnt like it at all.
- Great DinnerTAW8864VIPDined on 9/26/2014We recently moved back to Tulsa (after 7 years) and had our first chance to eat at Bodean's. We went on a Friday night. The food was awesome (Grouper, Blue Marlin, Clam Chowder). The vegetables were also very fresh and well prepared. Our server Scott, and the rest of the staff, was as good as the food. It was a great meal and we will definitely be returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baker Law FirmjbakeDined on 9/25/2014This our spot for special office occasions. We love the food, the service and decor.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014We have been there twice lately. The first time the service was extremely slow. This week the fish was over cooked. I expect much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningDaddaughterDined on 9/21/2014I've been there a number of times and that's way I keep going back. Had a wonderful Dad and Daughter dinner. Emily was a great waitress that was so very polite and did her job with excellence. She helped make it a nice evening.Special Features:
- ClassytravelerDined on 9/20/2014Yes, the classiest place in Tulsa. They have thought of everything, from nice linens, to fine food, to careful presentation, to experienced waiters, to refined decor, to a quiet relaxed atmosphere. Guests are treated with the highest respect. There's no 'pinching the penny' on service, food or extras to make the experience first class. I have eaten in some of the finest places in Europe and I would recommend this place to any of my European friends.Special Features:
- SeafoodLoverDined on 9/19/2014Bodean's is the "best catch" dining experience found in a land locked area. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tulsa's Best RestaurantMikenbudsDined on 9/15/2014Bodean's is a dependable, high-quality restaurant. The service is always quiet, quick and courteous. The food is cooked perfectly with few sauces or garnishments to confuse the taste or cover up for non-fresh ingredients. I have out of town clients who insist on eating at Bodean's when they come to town. Our recent experience was on a Monday night, with friends, and was typical. Very good, fresh food served efficiently without having to put up with a server who is a frustrated thespian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Best, freshest seafood in town, prepared with innovation but without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Would have expected with fine dining the chef would know how salt is essential in cooking! This isn't Furrs where the salt is left out.Special Features:
- BillDined on 8/24/2014No complaints. I'd go back again. Everything I expected.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerkwininganddiningDined on 8/23/2014Tulsa's finest seafood restaurant provided another wonderful meal, this with halibut and Hawaiian opah. Our 45th anniversary dinner was made more special by a complimentary Meursault wine from France.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent...waiter pointed out oysters that fit our taste, halibut, wild king salmon, scallops were awesome and cooked to perfection not overcooked or undercooked. Scotty is a great waiter very knowledgeable, attentive, but not pushy. Atmosphere is excellent. lobster/shrimp bisque is excellent as always. I also buy fish, bread, shellfish, sauces etc. from market regularly that are incredible and fresh...Tulsa is so lucky to have this gem!!!!!Special Features:
- Fabulous meal and serviceStephenDined on 8/18/2014We were treated to a fabulous meal with outstanding service by Annie. We will return for another birthday or anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!MedicalmanDined on 8/9/2014Truly a great place for a date! I am reconciling with my ex wife and this dinner was very much appreciated. I'll come back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything we ask fortulsatripDined on 8/9/2014made reservations for our first dining experience here..ask for a quiet romantic booth for me and my husband...and nice quiet booth we got!! the staff and the food made this the BEST dining experience we have had in a LONG time...we will def make the 2 hr drive to dine here again.Special Features:
- Always the BestTulsaCharlesVIPDined on 8/9/2014Superlatives aren't enough. We dined at Bodean (our favorite Tulsa restaurant) on the occasion of our anniversary. All of the wait staff is incredible but we've developed a wonderful relationship with Jimmy. We are always seated at a table in his section. Within five minutes of being seated, every single member of the host and wait staff presented us with an individual card wishing us Happy Anniversary. So did Todd Phillips, the bartender, Kieron St. Ledger, the manager, and before the meal was finished, chef Trevor Tack. The food is always imaginative and tasty. Service never waivers. We dine at Bodean probably six or seven times each year. It is our favorite celebratory restaurant.Special Features:
- Great restaurant and fresh seafood!TTownFoodieDined on 8/6/2014Great service, friendly staff and the best seafood in Tulsa! I've been all over the world and its strange to rate a seafood place in Tulsa in the same category as some in say....Capri! But believe it, Bodean's is that good! My only complaint was that we were sat under a vent which was blowing directly down on us. We mentioned this to the manager and he had the issue corrected in minutes.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceCaptRobDined on 7/30/2014My girlfriend and I went to Bodeans and had a wonderful experience. We started off with lobster bisque (her) and clam chowder (me). For our main course she had the grilled halibut w/risotto and I had the grilled wild caught sockeye salmon w/mashed potatoes and asparagus. We paired this with a bottle of Cakebread Chard. The soups were fantastic, were served at just the right temperature and went very well with the hot bread. Our fish entrees were cooked perfectly and were very flavorful. The starches that were served balanced everything out very nicely. Our server, Jimmy, was outstanding and was one of the best servers I've ever experienced. He was spot on with timing. We complimented the manager on the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 300 reviews are from the Bodean Seafood reviews archive.
- Upscale restaurantspecialoccassiondiningDined on 7/22/2014Very nice 33rd wedding anniversary dinner. Very romantic. Good food, but a little pricey. The Clam Chowder was a little too "salty" and not enough clams, but the Salmon was excellent. My wife had the scallops and they were delicious--although, for the price, they could have easily afforded to put a couple more on the plate. The service was EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- Sunday Soul In The LoungeZabeDined on 7/13/2014We love Bodeans and the live music in the lounge is the perfect way to end the weekend or start our week. The food never fails to impress as well.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceBADinerDined on 7/12/2014The wait staff was pretty attentive. I had the halibut and risotto and it was fine, not exceptional. My girlfriend had the sea scallops and they were a bit undercooked. I should have sent them back but she didn't want to. She just ate one. The ambiance was very nice. Prices a bit high for the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnerdeliciousexperience7Dined on 7/12/2014We had eaten here once before a year ago and it was delicious. This time we booked on line and got an exceptional romantic table with perfect ambiance. From appetizer to the end of dinner, each dish was presented beautifully. I had Salmon and he had Trout. I can truly say that these were the best tasting Salmon and Trout I have ever had the pleasure of eating. The waiter was attentive, knowledgeable, and knew the answers to any question we could ask about the menu. We will come back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valhalla for seafood loversTulsafoodieDined on 7/11/2014The attention to detail in both the food and service is precise and makes for a lovely and memorable evening. While not inexpensive, it is worth the price and all claims for excellence are justified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.