3376 E 51st Street
Tulsa, OK 74135Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bodean.net/
- Phone: 9187491407
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Tim Richards
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our East Private Dining Room can seat 32 people and is not visible from the Main Dining Room.
This room comes equipped with a 58-inch Plasma monitor that is compatible with most presentations. Internet access is available for presentations.
Our other private dining area, The Board Room, can seat 18 people and opens up to our Main Dining Room.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Hays 9187433861
- Entertainment: Sunday Night Music - Bodean's Lounge offers a wide selection of local Music talent each and every Sunday night. Please call us or check our website for the various acts.
A word from Bodean Seafood
Bodean Seafood Restaurant & Market is centrally located in Tulsa. Bodean opened in 1968 as a small, family-owned fish market, and was the first from all over the world using daily air shipments. Over the years, Bodean developed a fine-dining restaurant with an award-winning menu and wine list. After enjoying the same location for 40 years, Bodean recently moved to a new location offering a unique and cozy decor that is the work of local talents. Enjoy your evening in our main dining area or our comfortable lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bodean Seafood - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Bodean Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (59)romantic (52)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (39)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (13)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Tulsa's Best RestaurantMikenbudsDined on 9/15/2014Bodean's is a dependable, high-quality restaurant. The service is always quiet, quick and courteous. The food is cooked perfectly with few sauces or garnishments to confuse the taste or cover up for non-fresh ingredients. I have out of town clients who insist on eating at Bodean's when they come to town. Our recent experience was on a Monday night, with friends, and was typical. Very good, fresh food served efficiently without having to put up with a server who is a frustrated thespian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Best, freshest seafood in town, prepared with innovation but without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Would have expected with fine dining the chef would know how salt is essential in cooking! This isn't Furrs where the salt is left out.Special Features:
- BillDined on 8/24/2014No complaints. I'd go back again. Everything I expected.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerkwininganddiningDined on 8/23/2014Tulsa's finest seafood restaurant provided another wonderful meal, this with halibut and Hawaiian opah. Our 45th anniversary dinner was made more special by a complimentary Meursault wine from France.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent...waiter pointed out oysters that fit our taste, halibut, wild king salmon, scallops were awesome and cooked to perfection not overcooked or undercooked. Scotty is a great waiter very knowledgeable, attentive, but not pushy. Atmosphere is excellent. lobster/shrimp bisque is excellent as always. I also buy fish, bread, shellfish, sauces etc. from market regularly that are incredible and fresh...Tulsa is so lucky to have this gem!!!!!Special Features:
- Fabulous meal and serviceStephenDined on 8/18/2014We were treated to a fabulous meal with outstanding service by Annie. We will return for another birthday or anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!MedicalmanDined on 8/9/2014Truly a great place for a date! I am reconciling with my ex wife and this dinner was very much appreciated. I'll come back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything we ask fortulsatripDined on 8/9/2014made reservations for our first dining experience here..ask for a quiet romantic booth for me and my husband...and nice quiet booth we got!! the staff and the food made this the BEST dining experience we have had in a LONG time...we will def make the 2 hr drive to dine here again.Special Features:
- Always the BestTulsaCharlesVIPDined on 8/9/2014Superlatives aren't enough. We dined at Bodean (our favorite Tulsa restaurant) on the occasion of our anniversary. All of the wait staff is incredible but we've developed a wonderful relationship with Jimmy. We are always seated at a table in his section. Within five minutes of being seated, every single member of the host and wait staff presented us with an individual card wishing us Happy Anniversary. So did Todd Phillips, the bartender, Kieron St. Ledger, the manager, and before the meal was finished, chef Trevor Tack. The food is always imaginative and tasty. Service never waivers. We dine at Bodean probably six or seven times each year. It is our favorite celebratory restaurant.Special Features:
- Great restaurant and fresh seafood!TTownFoodieDined on 8/6/2014Great service, friendly staff and the best seafood in Tulsa! I've been all over the world and its strange to rate a seafood place in Tulsa in the same category as some in say....Capri! But believe it, Bodean's is that good! My only complaint was that we were sat under a vent which was blowing directly down on us. We mentioned this to the manager and he had the issue corrected in minutes.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceCaptRobDined on 7/30/2014My girlfriend and I went to Bodeans and had a wonderful experience. We started off with lobster bisque (her) and clam chowder (me). For our main course she had the grilled halibut w/risotto and I had the grilled wild caught sockeye salmon w/mashed potatoes and asparagus. We paired this with a bottle of Cakebread Chard. The soups were fantastic, were served at just the right temperature and went very well with the hot bread. Our fish entrees were cooked perfectly and were very flavorful. The starches that were served balanced everything out very nicely. Our server, Jimmy, was outstanding and was one of the best servers I've ever experienced. He was spot on with timing. We complimented the manager on the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale restaurantspecialoccassiondiningDined on 7/22/2014Very nice 33rd wedding anniversary dinner. Very romantic. Good food, but a little pricey. The Clam Chowder was a little too "salty" and not enough clams, but the Salmon was excellent. My wife had the scallops and they were delicious--although, for the price, they could have easily afforded to put a couple more on the plate. The service was EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- Sunday Soul In The LoungeZabeDined on 7/13/2014We love Bodeans and the live music in the lounge is the perfect way to end the weekend or start our week. The food never fails to impress as well.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceBADinerDined on 7/12/2014The wait staff was pretty attentive. I had the halibut and risotto and it was fine, not exceptional. My girlfriend had the sea scallops and they were a bit undercooked. I should have sent them back but she didn't want to. She just ate one. The ambiance was very nice. Prices a bit high for the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnerdeliciousexperience7Dined on 7/12/2014We had eaten here once before a year ago and it was delicious. This time we booked on line and got an exceptional romantic table with perfect ambiance. From appetizer to the end of dinner, each dish was presented beautifully. I had Salmon and he had Trout. I can truly say that these were the best tasting Salmon and Trout I have ever had the pleasure of eating. The waiter was attentive, knowledgeable, and knew the answers to any question we could ask about the menu. We will come back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valhalla for seafood loversTulsafoodieDined on 7/11/2014The attention to detail in both the food and service is precise and makes for a lovely and memorable evening. While not inexpensive, it is worth the price and all claims for excellence are justified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceluvcajunDined on 7/10/2014Everytime we visit Bodeans we leave very satisfied. The food and the wait staff are the best in Tulsa. A great fine dinner spot to visit with good friends over a unforgettqabe meal. The Halibut and Risotto are divine. The Blood Orange Sorbet was a delightful ending. I will have fond memories until we return.Special Features:
- Excellent SeafoodOSU91671Dined on 7/8/2014As always our dinner was fantastic! Love the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in Tulsachap621Dined on 7/8/2014Bodean's is consisently the best seafood in Tulsa, and as good as most coastal places. The food is always fresh, competently cooked, and the wait staff is attentive and very helpful. If it had not been for a single loud talked at an adjacent table, the noise level would have been perfect. It is a beautiful, if spare, environment, good for lunch or for evening meals. Pretty good wine list, with moderately-prices choices.Special Features:
- Bodeans never disappointsTruffDined on 7/2/2014Everything was superb, as usual. Best waitstaff in the USA.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodlsubrentDined on 6/30/2014If you love seafood, this is the place to eat in Tulsa! Good selection and outstandingly food. We went there on a Monday night and it was not busy at all, but you could really hear the conversations at the other tables which seemed a little awkward, but we still LOVED the food and the service was great. We look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014I come here when I can in Tulsa! One of my favorite places! GSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2014service was timely and food tasty (especially the oysters)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS TULSA FIND!TheLongViewVIPDined on 6/21/2014While visiting in Tulsa last weekend, we had the extreme pleasure of an evening out at Bodean Seafood. At our table we chose halibut which was outstanding. Though I'm not a risotto fan, I have to say it was the perfect compliment to this delicious dish. At our table, also; clam chowder, the tuna appetizer, asparagus and garlic mashers, each as excellent and exquisitely prepared as the next. Accommodation to dietary restrictions were expertly and helpfully given by our exceptionally well-informed server; we were impressed and grateful for her subtle attention to detail. Overall ambience of the restaurant merits 5 stars. My 4-star review of the ambience was due to the rather shabby shopping center in which the restaurant sets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRussDined on 6/21/2014Bodean's restaurant is simply one of our all time favorites. All seafood is fresh and prepared perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceSCherryVIPDined on 6/21/2014Our wait-person was knowledgeable and helpful. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced & Under-yummyokfoodieDined on 6/13/2014While the dishes were creative, they certainly lacked in taste. Crab Cakes - small, lots of filler, just ok - not what you would expect from a restaurant that specializes in seafood Shrimp & Lobster Bisque - this was terrible, we didn't even finish it. It didn't taste like soup, it tasted like flour - so in other words, spicy gravy Jumbo Scallops - This was a good dish. The scallops were prepared well, ratatouille was ok. The bourbon-glazed Tuna - This was a large portion of tuna, the glaze was too sweet, almost maple like. The grit cakes were flavorless. It was our anniversary so we were given a free dessert of Citrus Cheesecake. It was the best thing we ate! Service & ambiance was impeccable. Food was a great disappointment.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014It was as wonderful as it always has been. Everything is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet occasion lunchEyeToDetailDined on 6/9/2014A quiet celebration deserves a special place and Bodeans fits the bill on all counts. Weekday lunch is not at all crowded, but the food and service retain the same care and attention to detail that make Bodeans great.Special Features:
- AaaaaamazingPrimalfoodieDined on 6/7/2014Food was phenomenal, service was outstanding, great night out with friends. Chef Tack came out and made recommendations for everyone at our table based on what they were thinking. Can't say enough how great it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingETTravelerDined on 6/6/2014This was as good a dining experience as we have had in a long time. Food was wonderful, our waiter was attentive but not too, we just had a great time. I would highly recommend this to anyone in Tulsa. Overall outstanding.....Special Features:
- Unsuspecting!KwillDined on 6/6/2014The exterior was no indication whatsoever of what was inside. The strip mall location was simply that--a location. Once you enter the restaurant, you're drawn in by the sophisticated, yet calming atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!thebaystaterDined on 6/1/2014My husband and I went there for our 1 year wedding anniversary. The staff was wonderful, we got a great table and the food was delicious! We can't afford to eat out like that all the time but for special occasions, it is definitely worth the price! Presentation and quality were an A++Special Features:
- Amazing!FoodiecoupleDined on 5/31/2014Bodean's is our favorite restaurant in Tulsa. We celebrate our anniversary at Bodean's every year and loved having the lovely and very knowledgeable Michelle as our server this past Saturday. Such a perfect date night!Special Features:
- Consistent as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014Bodeans, that's all you need to know. It's consistent every time. You are going to get great food, great service, knowledgable staff, and a great atmosphere for any occasion.Special Features:
- The following 276 reviews are from the Bodean Seafood reviews archive.
- Always ExcellentProfessionalDinerDined on 5/17/2014The cuisine and service here is always excellent! My only criticism of dining at Bodeans is that they give out a wonderful muffin at the end, but they always give out ONE to a table of two. We are two women who dine together and our bill is usually $130-150.00. What is the silly attitude about only one muffin? Either give two or none.Special Features:
- Updated menuMuffyDined on 5/17/2014Had a great dinner last weekend; they've updated some items on the menu -- the flavors and the presentation were great. Love to see a chef trying new things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedHammerDined on 5/13/2014The food was overtly over priced. The steak and fish were high quality however they were absolutely too expensive. The side dishes that came the meals were very small portioned and terrible quality. The staff was very professional and punctual. I was turned off by the Huge price and small meals, if it wasn't for the bread I wouldn't have left on a full stomach.Special Features:
- cioppinoUmbriaDined on 5/11/2014The cioppino was fantastic, with tomato and great chunks of all types of seafood, the king crab was tender and sweet and the service was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.