Bocci's Italian Restaurant
158 Church St
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bocci's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boccis.com/
- Phone: 8437202121x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Chad Healey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bocci's Italian Restaurant
Involvement with the local community is very important. Bocci’s is proud to serve products that have been locally sourced and produced. In addition, Bocci’s is very involved with the “green initiative,” taking every available step to keep our planet a healthy one. The Bocci’s team strives to provide the perfect experience. Bocci’s Italian Restaurant, located in the historical downtown market area of Charleston, is locally owned and has been in operation since 1990. Over 20 years of business has made Bocci’s a staple for locals and visitors alike. Upon entrance, guests are swept away by the classic Italian, open air trattoria style décor. The menu provides the perfect balance of rustic, old world Italian favorites and creative, Mediterranean influenced specials. Featured items on the menu include the Tuscan Duck, Traditional Parmesans, Grilled Salmon Insalata, Chicken Picatta and made to order, 9 inch thin crust pie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Bocci's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Bocci's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)romantic (34)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (22)kid-friendly (21)notable wine list (15)good for groups (15)great for lunch (14)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Was favorite restaurantWines2uVIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is right around the corner from me and I've frequently eaten there. It's reasonable and usually good. recently I took out of town guests there and had a bad experience. First, they seated us upstairs, a first for me. It was brightly lit and plain. No candles or flowers on the sticky tables. My salmon was overcooked and my guests duck was undercooked. My replacement salmon was again overcooked. The manager was cavalier mentioning that they can't produce perfect meals 100 percent of the time. She did remove the cost of my meal at my request. I was sad that my out of town guests did not have a good experience their last nite in Charleston. It's difficult to find a place and NOT have a good meal in Charleston!
- BocciCnaicDined on 8/15/2014We had an early evening dinner at Bocci . The location and ambience are good and the service was good and friendly . The food however was disappointing . The calamari starter was not very flavourful. The sauce on the spaghetti bolognese was tasty but had not been sufficiently heated up and was only lukewarm . My wife had the duck special with risotto - the duck was well cooked and tasty but the risotto seemed badly reheated . All in all this could be a very good restaurant if they could just pay a bit more attention to the food side .Special Features:
- Very goodVpgirlDined on 8/10/2014The food was excellent and so was the service. Very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherMjt14Dined on 8/10/2014Do yourself a favor and pick another restaurant. There are so many wonderful places to eat in Charleston but this is not one of them. Our waitress was very nice. We ordered the fried calamari which was so overcooked you almost choked trying to swallow it, they did ask if everything was ok and I said no so they cooked another order of calamari, this time the rings were so rubbery you could not eat them. My husband ordered a seafood dish for $20, 4 tiny shrimp 61/70 ct and 5 tiny scallops 20/30 ct and 7 mussels, food cost for all = $3.00. The dish was flavorless. I had eggplant parm, sauce was "old" brown and reheated way too many times. Sorry to say this Italian restaurant does not care about the food they put out.
- Great RestaurantPrincessDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful little restaurant that I read mixed reviews about, but was very pleased. Was seated quickly, definitely glad I had reservations. My husband and I both had chicken parm which was very good. Appeared to be kid friendly, although we were alone. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianLuvgoodfoodDined on 8/7/2014We always enjoy the food and service. Always eat here when visiting Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014An enjoyable dinner. *************************************************************Special Features:
- DisappointingLuvsfoodDined on 8/1/2014We came to Boccis bc it had good reviews online, and while it was a nice atmosphere and our waitress was pleasant, most of our food was under seasoned and our appetizer of calamari was overcooked. I don't like giving negative reviews, but I was hoping the food would have been better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Very busy & noisy but it was Friday night. The food was ok, but the prices were reasonable. The resturant was cute & server was very helpful & attentive despite how busy it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What It Once WasGoodMeals4MeDined on 7/26/2014When we first discovered Bocci several years ago after moving to Charleston, we were impressed with the food, and the blend of their menu between "standard" Italian fare tempered with some innovative items that led us to try something that we might not have. It appears that, like other places downtown, they have jumped on the mainstream "tourist" traffic bandwagon, and their menu has followed suit...nothing out of the ordinary that can't be found at any other Italian restaurant, either on or off the peninsula. Not saying that we will never return, but it won't be our first choice. Nothing on the menu required any imagination in the kitchen.
- It was okayNMulvanyVIPDined on 7/24/2014You have to remember you are on the tourist route. The food was okay. I'd stick to appetizers and drinks next time. Under staffed from what I could tell. We thought it was nice. I wouldn't go again b/c this is not true Italian. Anyone that says it is can't have really eaten good Italian, traveled or much of a foodie.Special Features:
- Good experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food was good, service was good, ambiance was good. The mozzerella appetizer was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian Foodhappycamper8623Dined on 7/15/2014This restaurant was nice for a good Italian meal. The place is small and their is plenty of help there. Service was excellent and food came fast. The atmosphere would be better without the bright lighting. That took all of the ambiance away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic Italian FoodKDSPLUSDined on 7/12/2014Food was pretty good. Service was reasonable. Not the best Italian but not bad. Price is certainly right. A good alternative to high end establishments around the Charleston Market.Special Features:
- Love Italian FoodJeannieDined on 7/11/2014We come to Charleston every year and always dine at Bocci's. My husband looks forward to the rice balls all year. We always have good food and great service there.Special Features:
- missed the mark in customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/20141. we were 1/2 way through our appetizer and our entree came out, bad timing on the chef's side... 2. food lacked in taste 3. had to ask the server if we could have some bread 4. ordered 2 x double expresso, they came out luke warm...ugggghhh, mentioned this to the server, he thanked us for letting him know, but you would think he would have offered us a single expresso on the house...nope..... 5. we did go over all the above with our server and his only comment back was, "I was going to bring out your bread right before your entree....what? entree came out during the appetizer... 6. our bill was easily $150 for 2 people, this restaurant was way off the mark for the price
- Great food with good friendslinnie49Dined on 7/6/2014One of our favorite couples visited us last year and we took them to Bocci's. When they were planning their trip for this year, they specifically asked that we return! Although we arrived ten minutes early, we were seated promptly at the window table we had requested. The service was terrific! Frequent but not annoying, prompt to clear used plates, and no effort to rush our meal there. Our friends will be returning again, and we will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Should have read recent reviewVisitorfromEPVIPDined on 7/3/2014Worst meal from this service ever. Last minute change and regret.
- DisappointingHHIfoodieVIPDined on 7/1/2014We went to Bocci's, based on OT reviews. What a disappointment. Our food was inedible; my tortellini was swimming in a pool of oil, with chunks of pancetta so hard I couldn't chew them. They were out of two wines we requested; their recommendation was swill. We left half a bottle in the table. We will not be back.
- Good Solid Italian Food!DJJPDined on 6/30/2014Our second time to Bocci's - both times were very good. Great value. Something for everyone. Kid Freindly. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Still doing greatNomzieDined on 6/28/2014We have been here 10 yrs. ago and this place has gotten better, food is good, authentic Italian at a good price. The waitress was very nice and ver friendly.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerJDsReviewsDined on 6/21/2014We had a party of five including a seven year old. We were seated immediately and the service was great throughout the meal. We tried the duck, pizza, and eggplant and had calamari as an appetizer (generous portion). All we very good, especially the pizza crust. The lowest rated dish at the table was zitti (three stars). We will return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice NiteDuckieBDined on 6/20/2014Have been here multiple times. This time was awesome as usual. Our server was not all that great. She seemed rather overwhelmed. But still a nice dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The food was good, but average Italian food. Very friendly staff! Ambience great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!happybellyDined on 6/15/2014Tucked into Historic Charleston, this little Italian gem was just what we hoped for when we ventured out for dinner. The vintage setting offered an open, bright front dining area with cozy, a cove-like room just a step up in back. The menu offered Italian classics with a modern comfort food twist. We will be back the next time we are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2014Great restaurant with great food and excellent service. Good atmosphere. Generous portions at very reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in restaurant filled citykenmin5Dined on 6/8/2014Enjoyed the choices of nicely prepared dinners. The calamari was tender and done just right. Eggplant and lasagna portions were very ampleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014Very enjoyable --will return !! Well located in downtown Charleston!Special Features:
- Great findGregNCDined on 5/28/2014My wife and I had a great dinner here. Service was on point and both our dishes were really good, my risotto was perfect. We will definitely dine here again. Good wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experiencedeversdineDined on 5/28/2014Bocci's is my favorite place to eat when visiting Charleston. The food is always excellent and the wait staff are always friendly and helpful. They know their menu inside and out and can work with the Chef to tailor your meal to meet any food allergy you may have. I've always loved the food but more so this trip since I now have several food allergies. My meal was excellent as was my husbands. I'm never disappointed when dinning here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okCharlestonNaativeDined on 5/24/2014For charleston this restaurant was just ok. Food was good but there are better choices for Italian in the area.
- Realistic CharlestonColaGuyDined on 5/24/2014It's easy to find a great meal in Charleston if you have the price of admission but less easy to find a great meal at a reasonable price. Bocci's delivers. The quality of the food and cost of the dinner will not leave you with sticker shock, even the price of drinks wasn't excessive. All in all an experience that left us satisfied with our dinner and pleased with the tariff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Great ServicerobnmckDined on 5/24/2014The food was delicious. There were three in our party; we each ordered something different. I tasted each dish all were amazing. The Tuscan Duck was incredible. The waiter was very knowledgeable. His suggestions of wines to complement our meals were right on the mark. We will certainly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LukeSewsDined on 5/22/2014Wonderful place to have a romantic dinner while we were celebrating our 35th Anniversary in Charleston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall excellent dining experiencenavynuc68Dined on 5/12/2014Food was excellent, menu was simple and easy to find a great choice for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter's Sweet SixteenscbbqrDined on 5/10/2014Calamari and fried moz apps ; calzonne, chicken parm, salmon, & duck entrees all delicious . Friendly and knowledgable staff.It was great to be able to walk right in and be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bocci's Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014My family and I attended Bocc'i's after graduation and all of us really enjoyed the food. Seemed very authentic and properly prepared. The atmosphere was a little loud due to other families there but they were celebrating graduations as well so it's understandable. This was my second time there and I would certainly go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italain is much better than thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014My wife's lasagna was, what she called shoe leather and my marinara tasted like it came out of a Ragu jar. staff was great and so is location but need a new chef. Guess there is a reason why it was the only place in Charleston that had an open reservation on such a busy weekend
- Very quaint4forfunniteDined on 5/8/2014Very nice atmosphere. The doors were open onto the street and it was a beautiful night. The food was fine and not too expensive. Wine was good as well! Would go back again.Special Features:
- AdequateDiningDadDined on 5/7/2014For Italian food, it was quite bland. The service was fine. The bread basket was good, as was the salad I ordered. Otherwise, the meal was so-so. The angel hair pasta was clumped beneath my entree, so it had obviously not been freshly cooked. A disappointment overall.Special Features: