Bocci's Italian Restaurant
158 Church St
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bocci's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boccis.com/
- Phone: (843) 720-2121
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Chad Healey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite Catering Not offered
- Special Events: No offsite events offered at this time
A word from Bocci's Italian Restaurant
Involvement with the local community is very important. Bocci’s is proud to serve products that have been locally sourced and produced. In addition, Bocci’s is very involved with the “green initiative,” taking every available step to keep our planet a healthy one. The Bocci’s team strives to provide the perfect experience. Bocci’s Italian Restaurant, located in the historical downtown market area of Charleston, is locally owned and has been in operation since 1990. Over 20 years of business has made Bocci’s a staple for locals and visitors alike. Upon entrance, guests are swept away by the classic Italian, open air trattoria style décor. The menu provides the perfect balance of rustic, old world Italian favorites and creative, Mediterranean influenced specials. Featured items on the menu include the Tuscan Duck, Traditional Parmesans, Grilled Salmon Insalata, Chicken Picatta and made to order, 9 inch thin crust pie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bocci's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)romantic (34)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (24)good for groups (19)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Excellent food. Be sure you ask about the ghost that haunts this restaurant and see the photos in the album. Tiramisu and conollis are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMaryCDined on 11/17/2014One of our three Charleston dining experiences during this visit was at Bocci - and we were quite disappointed. I had the stuffed flounder, (crab meat stuffing) with risotto and spinach, and frankly, it was the smallest piece of fish I have ever had. Barely able to find it in the pile of risotto and spinach. My husband had a very mediocre chicken marsala. The server was pleasant - but forgot our bread, and after I reminded him, it arrived after our dinners had been delivered. We went to Bocci because the reviews seemed so good, but our experience was no better than mediocre.
- Great fooddevinm23Dined on 11/8/2014Everything was great! The food was delicious and the service was great!Special Features:
- Love this resturantLovefoodDined on 11/8/2014I love this resturant. Intake everyone I know there. Italian food is one of my favorites. Love love love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceAwt123VIPDined on 11/8/2014Great food and great service. Good atmosphere too. It was a little loud, but it was a Saturday night and the place was packed. Overall, a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable diningdouglasDined on 11/7/2014Bocci's offers a friendly atmosphere for dining. Wait staff is pleasant and prompt with orders. Good variety in menu choices. I've never had a meal here that was anything but extremely good.Special Features:
- xandaccacheVIPDined on 11/1/2014Not a Italian restaurant........ American trying to be an Italian......
- Delicious favoritesXjim24Dined on 10/31/2014The chicken and eggplant Parmesan standards are extraordinarily good -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneTim11384JaneTim11384Dined on 10/31/2014Awesome food. Cooked to order. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bocci's Italian Restaurantluv2eatDined on 10/31/2014The atmosphere was romantic and excellent for a date night! I loved the food and the service was excellent! I would recommend anyone to eat at Bocci's that loves great Italian food and a Charleston dining experience!Special Features:
- Theater Night OutJamesDined on 10/24/2014We always enjoy a nice dinner here when we go to the Dock Street Theater. Nice food, service and setting. Then just a couple charming blocks to the theater. Always a favorite for my family.Special Features:
- firsttimevisitorDined on 10/22/2014Our favorite place to enjoy before heading to the theater (Dock Street). The food is delicious. The staff is attentive and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time for friendsRGehlkenDined on 10/17/2014We ate at Bocci's Friday evening for a friend's birthday. The service was EXCELLENT. Our waiter was so attentive and friendly. The food was delicious as well. Would recommend the fried mozzarella and bruschetta for appetizers. We did have a party of 11 and the table was located right by the front door so it was a little cramped. Would've rather had a different table or know that we would've had to sit right up front.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEBreadGoodFireBadDined on 10/17/2014The food was GREAT with generous portions. The staff made you feel very welcome. It was our waitresses first night, but would not have known had she not mentioned she eas a little nervous. This is a great place I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Salmon salad very good, rice balls mediocre, waitress did not bring bread until entree was served.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014A great dinner as we visiting College of Charleston. Our server was friendly and helpful re: college, Charleston and dinner. Food was delicious, and wine was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- food so sodiningVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food was so so. Living in Chicago with many fine Italian restaurants Bocci's was not very good. The owners should travel to Chicago or New York and make the adjustments to there food.
- Nice find!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/11/2014Really enjoyed this place. Nice neighborhood find near the market!Special Features:
- Good foodZ06DriverDined on 10/8/2014Authentic Italian food at a fair price considering the location. Great wine list as well.Special Features:
- Not very goodghirofelgoDined on 10/4/2014I was really looking forward to eating here but was very disappointed. The food was mediocre at best, Lasagna tasted like a grocery store tv dinner, the spaghetti was overcooked and soggy, i ordered a beer which was almost room temperature and the portions were laughable. We have probably eaten at 80% of the restaurants downtown but Bocci's is actually worse than Italian chains such as Olive Garden and Carrabas.
- Sounds better than the food tastesRJlove2eatDined on 9/27/2014We are from the NY area and were expecting Italian food similar to the northeast. Bocci has a nice atmosphere but the food really disappointed. We had Chicken parm and Eggplant parm. Both dishes were not very authentic. The red sauce was really sweet and had an unfamiliar spice that did not taste Italian like. I grew up Italian so I think I know what good Italian tastes like. The Eggplant parm left the skin on and it was tough and not edible. The portion size was two small slices and not very good. The wine list is short and inexpensive and they push a house wine that's inexpensive. Overall, memorable but not for the right reasons.
- Great italian food!IngafromswedenDined on 9/27/2014Very good food in a charming 19th century building. Location is convenient, service was great. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coupleluv2dineDined on 9/26/2014Mentioned on the reservation form that we were celebrating a birthday but it wasn't acknowledged. They were pretty busy and while waiting for our entree's we consumed the bread and olive oil. Asked the server for additional (didn't care if it would be an additional charge or not) and the server brought some olive oil but no bread - a waste.Special Features:
- Food is terribleOfficemanagerDined on 9/25/2014I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs and it was terrible. Will not go back!!! Waitress was very nice.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodccriderDined on 9/19/2014Food was excellent with good friendly service. Arancine appetizer was a great start to our meal. Casual enough but very nice setting for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you can't say anything good...PatrickVIPDined on 9/16/2014In an area where a good Italian restaurant would do well this one doesn't. At least the wine was good.
- Thank you!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We had such a good time here the food was great and the service was very good. This is the second time I have eaten here and I loved it the first time but even more the second time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In LoveLuv2eatDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is amazing love the food an serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014It was my wife's birthday and we had a great experience.Special Features:
- really gone down-hillJIDinerDined on 9/4/2014It's been several years since I've been to Bocci's and was completely let down. When I mentioned it to my friends, they all said "Oh yeah... you didn't know? It's gone down-hill!" I was greeted by a girl wearing khaki shorts and a tank top, immediately indicating that the restaurant was no longer up-scale. However, the prices surely are! We ordered off the restaurant week menu, and I would've been embarrassed to serve the food. The ravioli appetizer was drenched in oil and hard. The NY strip was a blob of fat. The mashed potatoes were cold. We didn't bother sending it back, as we saw the table next to us just as displeased. Obviously, this was the quality of food being sent out.
- All our food was wonderfulMommadeeDined on 9/3/2014Some if us got the special other ordered from menu . Everyone had plenty of food and it was yummy .spaghetti was my husbands favorite . I got the linguini with artichokes I thought it was amazing ! Will definite go again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good value in the MarketOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Had Salmon Piccata and Chicken Marsala. Both were very reasonably priced. Fish was fresh. Nice presentation. Served with Risotto and fresh wilted Spinach. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just sotravellerfoodieDined on 8/31/2014I know this restaurant from a long time ago, but had expected the same quality of food preparation than before. Beet salad was tasteless and decorated with 4 pieces of unseasoned Beets, needed vinegar and pickled beets. Main course Grouper was well presented but bland.Chicken Marsala sauce vinegary, no taste of marsala. Dessert a misnoma I know CASSATA as an Italien ICECREAM similarly to Napoleon and has pistachios. we were served a layered spongecake and returned it. yet very friendly and concerned service made up for it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Italian FoodseaducksDined on 8/30/2014If you're looking for good Italian food, Bocci's is the place for you. We have eaten there several times and never never had a meal that we didn't enjoy. That can't be said about the other Italian restaurants in the Charleston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FinddBeesKneesISdBuisnessDined on 8/30/2014Bocci is one of those places that you wouldn't think could deliver on the combination food, service, and ambiance. Yet, Bocci delivered all and did so with charm and style.Special Features:
- Always love this placePearsonVIPDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is always the best! I'm not super fond of the downstairs and I requested the upstairs on my reservation, but since the food is ALWAYS AMAZING I can't give it a bad score. Just request the upstairs and you'll love this place!Special Features:
- they need a good italian cookbookbgbytoysDined on 8/28/2014If you are looking for Italian skip this place. Just because some meals have a red sauce doesn't make it a Italian dish. The chef should either get a cookbook or watch some Italian cooking shows. If you like eating here and are offended by this review you don't know decent Italian food. Come north to chilly, ny, Boston. Then you will know.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberedTravelerDined on 8/25/2014Was there about 7 or 8 years ago and it was excellent. This time not as much so. The caesar dressing was not good. The chicken dishes (marsala and picatta) were dry. They should pound the chicken breasts to make them thinner and marinate them first. It was just like dry chicken breasts with sauce.
- MikeVIPDined on 8/23/2014Bread was not the best but overall the food was very good.Special Features:
- Delicious!DelishDined on 8/22/2014I loved my experience here. I brought my extended family that came from out of town to Bocci's for dinner and they loved it. I got the tortellini dish and had fresh cannolis for dessert. Everything hit the spot including the freshly baked rolls! Our waitress was very attentive as well. Would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.