1251 Mcgill Collage
Montreal, QC H3B2Y4Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.boccacinos.com/
- Phone: 514-861-5742
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area
A word from Boccacinos
At Boccacinos, we offer wide variety of choices, from our huge breakfast plates, to our freshly baked bread, from our wide variety of pasta dishes to the fantastic desserts on display. Whether you are eating light or having a full meal, eating at Boccacinos is to be enjoyed at all times of the day. At Boccacinos, we are striving to make your visit a great one. As we have expanded to eight locations, we have tried to make each location unique in its own way. By creating this uniqueness, every visit to a Boccacinos restaurant is a little different than the others. As we continue our commitment to your satisfaction, come and join us at one of our locations to have breakfast, lunch, supper or a dessert. At Boccacinos, we try to make them all great.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boccacinos reviews from OpenTable diners
- Buisness lunchDannyDined on 3/12/2014I go to Boccaccio as a solid place for a business lunch or breakfast. It's centrally located has a good menu and fast service usually. Keep in mind this is an Italian place so they have steaks on the menu but it's more of a place holder than anything else. Stick to the Italian dishes and you'll be pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average chain ItalianjimmyDined on 3/7/2014If you want a simple meal with the family at a very reasonable price, this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Quite As AdvertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2014Boccacinos advertises itself as an Italian restaurant, but it is more like a diner. It was also very noisy and the service, was not very good. Despite having a reservation, no table had been set aside for us; and we were seated in a high traffic area near the kitchen. We thought the staff dress in somewhat bad taste: all the women in very short skirts and revealing tops - more appropriate to a bar scene .The Calamari appetizer was edible - just. The Fettucine Alfredo that I had for my main course was pallid, the sauce almost watery and the pasta somewhat rubbery. The steak and frites that my partner had was also disappointing: the steak rather tough and the frites not all that crisp. So we will not be going back
- Though the food is quite goodBistrochickVIPDined on 1/31/2014Though the food is quite good and fresh, the plates are too small for the salads, and they overflow as you try to apply dressing or put in your fork. The service is rushed and on the boarder of being rude. You could do so much better on the service side.Special Features:
- Great Off Main Street DiningOdetteSBDined on 9/20/2013This was a great spot to walk to from our hotel (Hilton Bonaventure). Nice outdoor seating option with great menu selection at fair prices. Full bar and they even have Coke Zero that comes in a bottle (not served out of a gun). This place is not gourmet , but definitely a nice menu and we would return. The waitress was friendly and spoke both French and English.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pub food in MontrealzorroVIPDined on 8/2/2013Service was particularly disappointing. AFter standing at the main entrance for 10 minutes, I had to go interrupt the waittress' conversation with another waitress. my table waitress took my order and other than delivering the food disappeared, until I flagged her down. Food was mediocre. I don't plan to return to this restaurant
- Solid RestaurantarudickDined on 6/29/2013Not the first time I've been here. Good food and usually not too, too busy, although reservations we're at 915. Good food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food.FoodiesDined on 6/28/2013The food was really good the chicken was tasty and not dry at all. The drinks were expensive for the amount of alcohol in it but that is pretty much like that everywhere. Really good service we didn't wait for too long and the waitress were really kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2013The food and service were fair but ability to eat outside was wonderful!Special Features:
- Convenient location, friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2013Boccacino's downtown location is very convenient and its staff is very friendly. It has one of the very few terrasses on McGill College Avenue. Food is consistently good, but nothing special. I would go back, simply because it's located right next to my office and I've never had a bad experience there.Special Features:
- Not overcrowded during lunch. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013Not overcrowded during lunch. Good food, large portions, great choice of beers.Special Features:
- The place was full. Therefore,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013The place was full. Therefore, the noise level was quite high. We were three people and we had to talk very loud so we could hear each other. Other than that, our waiter was friendly and helpful and the food was quite good.Special Features:
- The best chicken penne in town!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2013Good, hearty food at good prices. Though the menu offers a great variety, I always go for the penne with chicken - it is great. But their salads and other dishes are excellent too and the service is great. Greg and his excellent staff run a good place.Special Features:
- coke is served in a tall glassOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012coke is served in a tall glass bottle. Simply the best.Special Features:
- Had brunch. Big servings ofwhanafiDined on 9/22/2012Had brunch. Big servings of standard breakfast items. Nothing outstanding.
- Upon arrival (with an OpenTableAirlinePrincessVIPDined on 9/11/2012Upon arrival (with an OpenTable reservation) the hostess was preoccupied socializing with a waiter standing around, and when told I had a reservation she blew it off and sat me at an outside table. The outdoor dining is actually quite nice, as long as they don't turn on the outdoor heaters as it then feels like you're sitting in a tanning bed. The waiter was nice (once he showed up) and the pizza I ordered was good. Overall, a decent selection for a quick dinner.Special Features:
- The "Boca" is an old friendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012The "Boca" is an old friend to me. I usually go there after work for a drink & a chat with the barman. It is a crowded place at lunch and even more crowded in the evening. Staff is young and energetic, owners do the right things by being with the crowd while taking care of their business... The food is ok, not stellar. Presentation is ok as well. Fish is too cooked for my taste as i like my salmon barely cooked through.Special Features:
- We were a group of 6 havingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012We were a group of 6 having breakfast on a quiet weekday morning on the terrasse. Although windy, we had a great time & will go back. The waitress was pretty nice & understanding especially when we told her we had about 1 hour to get to work. She placed our order on rush & we had about 30 mins to eat. Food was just okay, (potatoes were excellent), but because of great service we will be back!Special Features:
- I was there with my wife forAubeyVIPDined on 3/20/2012I was there with my wife for breakfast we came in at about 11:05 am on March 20,2012. The Waitrss said we could have breakfast. The waitress came back in five mins. and told us it was to late for breakfast. 1) The waitrass said we could have had breakfast. 1 did not eat for about 12 hrs beause of a coline test. 2) it took a long to put the points on to my acc. beause I was lat beause I had to be in the hospitalo my test. 3) I had to call the mgr. to call open table to add my points that should have been done automatic instend of me calling the Mgr of the resturant to call open table to add my points.Special Features:
- malheureusement pas satisfaite,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/18/2012malheureusement pas satisfaite, pas de service, avons été obligé de nous levé a plusieurs reprises pour demander des choses ... jusqu'a la facture et de + nous avons été incapable d'utilisé le terminal pour paiement par débit ( on a changé 2 fois)
- I've been to Boccacinos manyWoncoVIPDined on 2/17/2012I've been to Boccacinos many times, but usually not for the food. It's usually because of the location. I have been for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Each time I have been, the service has been pretty slow. I went this past time for breakfast and our server didn't make eye contact and seemed a bit lost. We asked for a cup of coffee and it took her a while to bring it over. Since I was there for 7am, I took advantage of their early bird breakfast. It tasted okie, but nothing amazing. During the lunch hour, it's very hectic and it can take a long time before you get your food. Dinner seems to be better.Special Features:
- Bland burgers - blechOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2012The food was bland - we had burgers and honestly, they were just not good. I would recommend that the chef eat one of his burgers, and see how he likes it. Is that something he would serve to his friends if he had them over? The meat had no spices, no taste. I understand that they're trying to cater to a broad range of tastes but a bland burger that gets all its flavour from the ketchup you put on it won't appeal to anyone over the age of 6 or 7. I work across the street from Boccacinos but will not be going back.
- I love the place, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012I love the place, although I've never been there after 2:00 pm. I always go for breakfast or lunch.Special Features:
- Cold Lost EntreeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2011We ordered appetizers and entrees. The waitress said they'd bring the appetizers first and then the entrees, as one would expect. They brought out one entree with the appetizers. We asked fthem to take it back to the kitchen and we specifically asked that they keep it warm. After the appetizers they brought out the other entree but not the one they were supposed to be keeping warm. We had to get a waitress to go and look for that entree. After a while they found it and brought it out but it was cold. Their service is a joke.
- Loved the food! AffordableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2011Loved the food! Affordable and tasty! Service couldn't have been any better. Smokers bothered us since we were sitting outside.Special Features:
- Food is good. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2011Food is good. Service was unusually slow. I've been a few times and this time service was a lot slower then others. Moderate value for the money.Special Features:
- Restaurant is newly renovatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2011Restaurant is newly renovated and as always is huge – we were there on a rainy night so sat inside rather than on the terrasse. They seated us in the bar area well away from all the other patrons, which was kind of odd. The waiter began by asking if we spoke French (never a good start when you're paying someone and in a touristy area) – since one of our party did not, we continued in English (his English was excellent). The food was good, but during the meal the bartender and manager got into a loud and very distracting argument a few feet away from us, to the point that my boyfriend asked them to keep it down. Not an awesome dining experience – I've generally had a lovely time at Boccacinos, but I'm not sure I'll go back after this.Special Features:
- The host was especially hospitable:OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2011The host was especially hospitable: nice smile and very friendly. I like the decor of this restaurant and it caters to a very specific need: it offers a wonderful gluten-free menu. The gluten-free Californian pizza est excellent.Special Features:
- The service was very slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2011The service was very slow. We waited so long to get glasses of water... I was so thirsty! But the daiquiri and the burger were great!Special Features:
- The only thing I would recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2011The only thing I would recommend would be to have the online lunch menu be the same as the menu actually given out in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Little bit warmy and moistOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2011All was good butit was the first hot day of the spring... So it was a little but warmy and moist to have a great lunch.Special Features:
- service was slow and a numberOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2011service was slow and a number of people got wrong dishes. The restaurant was not busy but it seemed that despite all the waiters running around we were kept waiting. Then to add the issue of wrong orders and the waiter not taking time to actually listen.....
- We dined twice that week atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2011We dined twice that week at Boccacinos and the second visit was not nearly as good as the first. The heat was on full blast and it was exceptionally uncomfortable. Our waitress was not familiar with the menu and I did not get the kind of wine that I ordered and then the second glass of wine was totally different and red rather then blush. The food was slow to come out but tasty. Our waitress was also quite unattentive. Also found that the shortage of English menus was a serious detraction.
- Noisy but great for groups.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/30/2011Noisy but great for groups. Staff was very accommodating, and charming.Special Features:
- The meals were served promptlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2011The meals were served promptly by friendly staff and the food was as expected.Special Features:
- Great food. Great ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2011Great food. Great ambiance. Served quickly! Perfect for a casual or business lunch!Special Features:
- L service était vraiment trèsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2011L service était vraiment très bien. La serveuse était très agréable et s'occuper bien de l'enfant avec nous (3 ans).
- Considering that we were aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2011Considering that we were a group of 20 and that there was another group as well, the service was really good. We were served quickly.Special Features:
- -Expensive for what you got -ServicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2010-Expensive for what you got -Service was adequate no more, too familiar -Nothing to write home about
- It was my third time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2010It was my third time eating at Boccacinos. The food was great as per usual I will reccommend it to anyone.AnnSpecial Features: