1496 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10075Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boccaeast.com/
- Phone: (212) 249-1010
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Claudio Cristofoli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Bocca East
Bocca di Bacco is a familiar concept specializing in casual Italian dining and fine wines by the glass and by the bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bocca East reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (13)good for groups (13)romantic (11)fit for foodies (10)hot spot (7)special occasion (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- YummyluvfinefoodDined on 11/15/2014Great experience. great service and outstanding meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burrata, good pastaLeffty29Dined on 11/5/2014The pasta was really well cooked, and the burrata appetizer was great. Good bread as well, which makes waiting for a meal much easier -- not that the wait was long. Good service all around.Special Features:
- Just okLynn92Dined on 11/2/2014The food didn't knock my socks off. The burratta app was very nice, but the gnocchi needed seasoning. Service was spotty - our waiter forgot about us at one point. Wine list is nice - found it to be the highlight of the meal. This was my third visit here - definitely not as good as the first two.Special Features:
- Authentic Northern Italian CookingMsNYCDined on 10/31/2014The food here is wonderful! We had pasta dishes and each one was amazing. The bread is also incredible along with the dip they serve. The waiter (Marco) was top notch and even met the owner (Tom) and cook (Claudio). Also nice decor and atmosphere---music but you can still speak and hear. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their service was just amazingJosephHernandezDined on 10/30/2014Great food! great service! My girlfriend had the meatball salad and was more than enough for dinner. I had the Agnolotti di Punte di Manzo Brasate and was to die for. Definitely will be going back!Special Features:
- First timeMouseVIPDined on 10/24/2014Decided to try this because we were looking for itaian that night. So happy can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placeBrendaRyanDined on 10/23/2014I cannot say enough good things about this place and the wait is absolutely worth it. There are so many items on this menu that looked amazing, so it's a good thing we came as a group of 4. And it's a good thing we're all sharers. Bocca East is one of my favorite places in the city and has so far never disappointed. The service is friendly and the ambiance is lovely, if a little crowded but that's how you know you're in a good place, right?Special Features:
- Great Spot!BruncheranonymousDined on 10/19/2014I went to brunch at Bocca East and everything was great! I especially enjoyed the complimentary mini muffins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh what a nightmidtownVIPDined on 10/15/2014We have eaten there many times, but this time it was different. Absolutely not the restaurant's fault, but a mother and daughter entered and a scene reminiscent of Victor/Victoria began to play out. It was disconcerting to say the least.Special Features:
- The decor is better than the foodFooooodVIPDined on 9/28/2014The food was OK, I wouldn't go there to eat again, but I do like the ambiance and the drink menu and wine list...The menu is pricey- like typical restaurants like this in the area. I didn't feel as if the temperature of my octopus salad was correct, it was not too memorable, also had one of the salads . I don't have much to say about it, except their drink menu was good.Special Features:
- Our dining experience was awesomeRebeccaRTDined on 9/26/2014It was great to see my husband completely relaxed and having a great time without having to worry about the kids. There is no way we are going to dine anywhere else in Manhattan, now that we’ve found our perfect family hangout.Special Features:
- Their service rocks!!!KatrinaLaceyDined on 9/18/2014Finally an Italian restaurant in New York that is worthy of mention and honorable it is. The New York twist is perfect too. The hostess that greeted us was a sweetheart, as was our server. I am definitely going to come back for some more Italian dishes!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Bocca East!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/14/2014Always such a great experience, wait staff are fantastic! I met an old friend for brunch who had just moved to the neighborhood, lots of chatting and not much else but the waiter was extremely patient with us and didn't rush us out after eating or make us feel pressured into spending more on drink in order to stay at our table. A+ from me always!Special Features:
- Service suckedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2014Food was ok but service sucked from beginning to the end. Had to ask for bread...had to ask for fresh pepper...had to ask for cheese....restaurant does not have enough waiters or have not been trained for service. An Italian restaurant that served me pasta and I had to hail a busboy to give me some cheese!!! Will not come back anymore
- Nice place good foodDB58Dined on 8/20/2014Really enjoyed this place. Service was very good. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJudeDined on 7/25/2014Enjoyed the meal as well as the service and the wine list!Special Features:
- The following 124 reviews are from the Bocca East reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/17/2014Service very iffy !! Annoying !!! Quinoa w beans was beans & tomatoes- where was the QuinoaSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/15/2014We have been to Bocca many times and this time it was not up to par. The service was slow and they got one of the entrees wrong and rather than apologize they said the kitchen was extremely busy. The entree came out 10 minutes after the others. That meal should have been comped. We won't be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Special ItalianMericVIPDined on 4/24/2014Great food,,nice relaxed room. Near our home..fresh ingredients..friendly faces..cross age crowd..need tablecloths.. Dip served with bread was a pesto but infused with anchovies which made it in edible for me..it's such a powerful overwhelming flavor and many people did not touch it ..way too fishy smelling and tasting..anchovies should be something that is ordered,,not given as a welcoming dip..many tables had untouched plates of this dip.. Overall a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great UES SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/19/2014Loved the rustic ambiance of this place. Service was very good and the food was great from start to finish. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- In the hoodmidtownVIPDined on 4/4/2014I'm not going to grab a cab to go here, but if I'm in the area it's a go to. Great selection of wines and they are very gracious about sampling. Service can be slow and the joint very loud when it's busy.Special Features:
- We eat at Bocca East regularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2014We eat at Bocca East regularly - we're so happy to have such a great place in our neighborhood! Always pleased every time! Food and service are perfect!Special Features:
- Quiet place for lunchJonjusDined on 3/18/2014Went for lunch. Just opened at 12 noon. Brunch/lunch menu..Quiet place at that time. Much busier at night. Sandwiches are great. Great cocktails and extensive wine list. Waitress was friendly and attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great brunch!AnnaDined on 2/9/2014Very good time, brunch drinks are only 4$ and size of champagne flute is enormous Food was good for its price Was there for dinner too, and food was equally delicious Very nice wine list w many items by the glass Would surely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant and serviceGiarcEnoredlacDined on 1/31/2014The restaurant and service were great!! Very reasonably priced and great food plus an extensive italian wine list and tastings available to ensure the right bottle!! Defintely recommend.Special Features:
- Great placePhD912Dined on 1/26/2014Loved the food and ambiance. Very quaint. It wasn't that noisy when we're there, probably because it was late on a Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/18/2014This is our favorite spot for great wine and authentic Italian dishes. The dishes are always perfect - and the homemade pasta is delicious! A great spot for a romantic date or to visit with friends! The staff is great.Special Features:
- Great wines by the glassOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/26/2013I like to think of this place as a big wine bar with terrific outdoor seating that also serves food. We have had some excellent dishes here, and many that were not memorable. It's a cool looking place with somewhat indifferent service. Great spot to get a glass of wine while you wait for a table at tiny Heidi's around the corner.Special Features:
- Delicious and cheapCramVIPDined on 11/10/2013I went there for brunch with my wife. We were charmed by the warm ambiance of the restaurant. Our waitress was nice and efficient. The food simple, refreshing and delicious. One on my new spot in the Upper East Side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yet another neighborhood Italian...JustUs2VIPDined on 10/27/2013Our first time and we will go back. Food was very good but the ambience left a little to be desired even in a "local" place. Was full of enthusiastic eaters so let us see what another visit bringsSpecial Features:
- Consistently GreatBMo22Dined on 10/17/2013I've been there a few times and am yet to taste something I didn't like. Their menu is well above average and the specials are always tasty. I'm a big fan of the octopus appetizer and the tiramisu makes the girlfriend very happy as I have a scotch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently impressiveLeslieVIPDined on 10/17/2013Boccaccio east is one of my favorite restaurants on second ave! Great service and wonderful food keep me coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/27/2013This place is nothing special and is not worth going considering there are better places on the same block. Go to LaSardis next door
- Great food.. Spotty serviceLom33Dined on 8/4/2013I have been to Boca many a time and have visited their various locations. I understand it was busy on the Sunday that I visted the establishment for brunch but the service we recieved was subpar. I am a waitress myself and could have easily worked that section without giving spotty service to the majority of the customers. The food was great as always. They just need to have more staff on hand for Sunday brunch or get a more experienced wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bocca East has a rustic ItaliannomnomjoshDined on 7/27/2013Bocca East has a rustic Italian feel to it. There are wine bottles adoring the walls and the decour makes you forget you're in manhattan. The wine list is entirely italian and extremely extensive. If you looking for a glass of wine with dinner or a romantic place for a date, then this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was better this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/16/2013Service was better this time around except for the warm water that they brought to table, It was obvious they took it from another table & it was not chilled. It was 100 degrees that day!!Special Features:
- Sitting at the High TopOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2013Party of six for lunch on the Friday of July 4th weekend. The staf. And server could not have been nicer as they let us dine at our own pace. Great food , wine and dessert! Also thw waiter had also provided us with a complimentary after- meal Lemoncello!Special Features:
- Excellent food, great outdoorOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2013Excellent food, great outdoor seating, nice drink list, and reasonably priced. Only criticism is that the service was a bit slow - the place was crowded and it looked like they were somewhat short-staffed - it was Thursday evening so it should have been no surprise that they were busy. That was not enough to overshadow what was otherwise a quality dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2013Bocca is such a great neighborhood place. The staff makes you feel like family. The food is pricey but really well prepared and worth it. The service is great, nice bar atmosphere. All around a nice place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/16/2013Love Bocca East! I went here for the first time last year and I always come back. The food is great! They have a lot of appetizers which is great to share with a large group. Can be a little pricey but it's definitly worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.