Bocca di Bacco (Hell's Kitchen - 54th St.)
828 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bocca di Bacco (Hell's Kitchen - 54th St.)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boccadibacconyc.com/
- Phone: 2122658828
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 2:00 AM Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bocca di Bacco (Hell's Kitchen - 54th St.)
An Italian wine bar with 45 bottles by the glass and over 500 wines by the bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bocca di Bacco (Hell's Kitchen - 54th St.) reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (34)romantic (26)notable wine list (26)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (17)special occasion (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- GirlsnightoutPochechkaDined on 9/13/2014Came to this Bocca location on 9/13/14 for a quick dinner before the 8pm show with a group of 5 ladies. We had a 6:30pm reservation and our table was waiting for us when we arrived. Our server was very attentive and very efficient getting the dishes we ordered out fast as he knew we couldn't stay for a lengthy dinner. We ordered a variety of appetizers and every single one of them was really tasty. Good food/great service/nice ambiance/ reasonable prices - we were all happy with the way our night begun! Will definitely come back again and do recommend as a nice place to grab dinner before the show 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemDinerDined on 9/11/2014Friendly neighborhood restaurant with consistently good service and food. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2014too expensive, poor food, few options, tables too small, waiters bring everything ordered wrong
- Good food, very very loud.JimboDined on 9/6/2014Saturday reservation for 7:00pm promptly seated but table was in bar area very congested spot. Our server was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. The food is good with reasonably priced menu items and specials (similar to Puttanesca, which has closed?) and half orders of pasta available. Our courses arrived in a timely manner. The noise level was so loud that it was difficult to talk and hear the other diners at our table.Special Features:
- Great local Italian!NycjennVIPDined on 9/5/2014Brought some guests from out of town here for authentic NYC Italian! Everything was delicious- so great in fact they went back the next day as well! It's definitely a great neighborhood place and the food is always consistent and the service always friendly. It can get crowded so make a reservation!Special Features:
- A true neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014We love this place - be it for brunch, lunch, afternoon vino, or dinner. It is our go-to place in the neighborhood. The bar area also has a large TV, and we come here sometimes to watch sports in a relaxed atmosphere. Food is great too!Special Features:
- Really goodBillinNewYorkDined on 8/27/2014First date with a new friend. Terrific place. Warm atmosphere, welcoming staff, great bartender (Allan), superb food, a great mood overall. On the way to a new husband!Special Features:
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Really good food & great service spoiled by the ridiculous amount of noiseSpecial Features:
- Popular and goodAndresnyc11Dined on 8/18/2014All the food and service were very good. Woth the slightly higher price to pay in the typical 9th avenue neighborhood restaurant scene excellent special of pappardelle with scallops and mushrooms. I look forward to trying their other locations for consistency.Special Features:
- Delicious Meal but Spotty ServiceHKBoyDined on 8/16/2014We had 9:00pm reservations, but our table was not quite ready. We were invited to sit at the bar. The bartender did not acknowledge us; we moved to different bar stools right in front of him. He still ignored us. He then asked what he could get us to drink just as the hostess came to get us when our table was ready. We were seated at our table for nearly 10 minutes before the waitress approached us. However, the service improved from this point and was attentive for the rest of our meal. Our appetizers and entrees were delicious; dessert was outstanding. Overall, I enjoyed it, despite the spotty service at the beginning. Great wine list!Special Features:
- a Little bit of ItalydebidltDined on 8/13/2014Our food was absolutey delicious! It reminded us of the freshness and tastiness of the food we have eaten in Italy.Special Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014My husband and I went here for dinner before a seeing Cabaret for our 3rd anniversary. Great atmosphere. The staff was friendly. The food was delicious. I later heard from a friend that they have 2 other locations in the city. Definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!5HandsDined on 8/12/2014Dinner was great. The service was outstanding but very unobtrusive. Atmostphere really nice and noice level very acceptable. I am definitely adding this to my list of "go to" places!Special Features:
- Incredible meal/outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Pre-theater meal was timely but not rushed. Waitress assisted in choosing a bottle of wine In out price range, and it was incredible! Food was delicious, well sized, but not overwhelming. I'd go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good but nothing exceptionalDutchieVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was decent, but the creme brulee was delicious and the bread was good. Didn't like the wine, but my brother who ordered it did like it. Our waitress was nice but a bit too much, over the top. I think there are many better restaurants in this fun neighborhood. This place was really loud, it was barely possible to have a conversation.Special Features:
- DeliciousFromOC2NYCVIPDined on 7/26/2014I've eaten here a few times with my girlfriend and have always walked away having a great experience! This is a great neighborhood gem that is listed as a wine bar but the food is delicious as well! Looking forward to going back again soon!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Had a great waiter, and the food was outstanding, ambience was great...hostess could use some pointers on being friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UninspiringAlexaVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was just ok. Edible- yes. Memorable-no. With so many excellent Italian restaurants in this city, I see no reason to return to this one.
- What a surpriseSebastianVIPDined on 7/16/2014Thought since they had a few locations this would be more like a chain, but it was great. Sat at the bar, had great conversation with the staff and my friend.Special Features:
- Sunday Funday Brunch!!!!!DrinksatdinnerareamustDined on 7/13/2014Found this place on open table for a girls trip to Manhattan for a friends birthday. Wanted great food and great drinks for brunch. The reviews were spot on- amazing Salmon eggs Benedict, and everyone loved what they. Got. and the pitchers of mimosas were perfection! Not too much on, not too much champagne, like that would be possible. No one there when. We got there at noon. Tables are cool and rustic, and there's a 2 sided bar that's great for casual group seating. Highly recommended, and in a great neighborhood! Right Blythe park and a couple blocks from5th ave a little bit of a hike from our. Hotel in midtown. The only real drawback was there was no outdoor seating, and what's better in the summer than eating outside?Special Features:
- cookie45Dined on 7/12/2014Once again, excellent food and service - perfect for pre theaterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- itpelawVIPDined on 7/11/2014Bocca di Bacco is one of (if not the very) best "moderate" priced restaurants in the theater district. All 4 of us were extremely pleased with our meals. Try to save room for dessert.Special Features:
- Very good choice. Good flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014All four of us had a great dinner. Service was excellent. Great pasta. Fresh fish. Good flavors on every plate. Wine by the grass are well preserved so you can try different wines easily. Must try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOWEST SERVICE IN NYC - A RecordGothamFoodCriticVIPDined on 7/9/2014From the time we ordered to arrival of first appetiser, it was nearly 90 MINUTES/ONE & A HALF HOURS (we timed it). Had a reservation, was sat at a table, waited ~20 mins before waiter took our order, willing to give in that due to the prime time crowd. He brought bread & dip and didn't come back to us for more than an hour (not even a bread refill-yes, it was empty, we were hungry, we had been waiting MORE THAN AN HOUR). Finally, at the 1 HOUR 1O MINUTE point, the waiter came to tell us he didn't know what was going on, so not even an explanation. About 15 mins later appetisers came. Total wait time TWO HOURS. Octopus was ok, quail not up to snuff, entrees were bland to ok. Comp'd dessert but unreasonable wait. Won't return.
- Not happeningNotaCleanFreakVIPDined on 7/9/2014Noisy - food was okay - a million waiters but not seem to help unless you flag them down - will not go again
- RacergirlRacergirlDined on 7/7/2014Food and service were excellent. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a chance, so happy we did.Kristin0203Dined on 7/5/2014I went to Bocca di Bacco after reading a couple reviews. The restaurant is beautiful and rustic, and we were greeted enthusiastically as we entered. Our server was fantastic and we trusted her opinion on every wine and dish we asked about. We started with the special of the day, a seafood platter with lobster, shrimp, mussels, clams, octopus, and calamari. Everything was cooked to perfection and had great flavor. We also ordered a salad with thinly sliced cured meat which was phenomenal. For the main course, we ordered burnt wheat pasta with sausage and mushrooms. The flavor was spectacular and the pasta was fresh and homemade. The pricing was very reasonable and I definitely recommend.Special Features:
- OutstandingPaoloDined on 7/4/2014Great food and friendly efficient service. Menu not changed for months but why should it. Plenty of variety and different specials each night. Big wine list and knowledgeable wait staff to advise. Will definitely return!!Special Features:
- Service was great/food sosoKristenSDined on 7/4/2014The service was really fantastic. We were seated right away and everyone was attentive and friendly. The food dishes however were a little bland. Didn't offer much flavor at all. Based on that, chances are I will not be returning.Special Features:
- Date Spot - Bad Placenycdater980Dined on 6/28/2014They were so quick to get people in-and-out. I realize they have to turn over tables but we didn't even have the menus for 45 seconds before they started rushing us for orders. Waitress also made a snide remark about they couldn't bring out bread until we ordered. We didn't know they offered bread, so there was no reason to volunteer that. Much better places in Hells Kitchen that aren't in a rush to get you out.
- This One is a Keeper!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014A great find! Our server was charming--warm, friendly, knowledgeable, and energetic. In fact, service overall was great. We had already had an appetizer elsewhere, so started with salad. The Insalata Mista was delicious and bountiful. The green apples gave it a nice bite and the almonds topped it off well. For a main dish, the special, Seafood Risotto, was outstanding. I am a big fan of seafood risotto and almost always order it if it is on the menu. This was the best I have ever had. We'll be in NYC several times over the next few months and will definitely be coming back here!
- Lily101Dined on 6/25/2014Service was prompt, attentive, and warm. The food was quite good, and the portions are respectable (a pet peeve of mine at this price level). Definitely a bit loud so wouldn't be the best choice for a romantic dinner since you have to talk very loudly to be heard over the din, but good for friends. I'd happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLuv2eatDined on 6/24/2014I picked this based on reviews, so took a chance. We had a great table at the front so we could watch the action on the street, but had no issue with noise. Our server was personable and helped with our selections. The food was outstanding and more than we expected in terms of presentation and flavor. Would definitely recommend and go back when in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SpotbugleboyDined on 6/18/2014I do a lot of work in Mid-Town, so this location is perfect. It's great to have a top-end restaurant that is reasonable priced so close to where I need to be. Never rushed...service is impeccable...and the food is to die for!Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedPatsyVIPDined on 6/18/2014We had a fine experience at Bocca di Bacco, and were surprised at the innovative cuisine...walnuts and pine nuts in the melanzane panino as one instance. The prix fixe lunch menu was fine as it was, but if you required an upgraded selection, the additional price was clearly marked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Brunchurd202VIPDined on 6/14/2014Went there for brunch with a friend. The venue/decor is really cool. The food was decent (nothing outstanding, but I was just happy they had vegetarian options). They also customized one of their non-vegetarian options for me by taking out the shrimp and adding vegetables instead. My friend had ordered french toast, which unfortunately came burnt. She sent it back and asked them to instead give her the same dish I had gotten, and they were really good about getting that out to us quickly. I also liked their $20 bottle of champagne/pitcher of mimosa option for brunch (as opposed to the two hour time limit) - gave us flexibility since we didn't have a full two hours to eat.Special Features:
- lovely findHalfnoteVIPDined on 6/13/2014This is an excellent place to dine. Great surprise. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT Open as Advertised!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2014I made a reservation through Open Table, paid a taxifare to get to the restaurant, and upon my arrival was told the restaurant was closed for a private party. The person at the door was very rude..... I was left out in the rain.... Thanks Bocca and Open Table!
- Great findhnbitesDined on 6/7/2014We ended up going here because we couldn't get into the other restaurants we wanted to go to.. and we were really glad as the food was delicious, the service was outstanding and the atmosphere was vibrant and buzzy. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting NYC.Special Features:
- Local Italiancookie45Dined on 6/7/2014Food was excellent for a Ninth Avenue restaurant. great for pre-theater in the 50's.Special Features: