Bocca di Bacco (Hell's Kitchen - 54th St.)
828 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bocca di Bacco (Hell's Kitchen - 54th St.)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boccadibacconyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 265-8828
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 2:00 AM Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bocca di Bacco (Hell's Kitchen - 54th St.)
An Italian wine bar with 45 bottles by the glass and over 500 wines by the bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bocca di Bacco (Hell's Kitchen - 54th St.) reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (38)notable wine list (35)good for groups (21)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (16)special occasion (15)hot spot (15)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014We went to the restaurant with a reservation for 2. There was an open table in the narrow aisle and 2 other tables on the side that were empty and sat 3. We asked for one of those tables as we knew we would be constantly bumped by wait staff and guests. The host could not make the decision and we had to wait until the manager arrived back, he had just stepped out. They would not make the accommodation, again, the other tables were empty. We left as we knew our dinner would be disruptive. Food rating not accurate as we didn't have dinner there
- Always warm and invitingBabsyDined on 11/21/2014We have eaten at Bocca di Bacco a few times and after a weekend matinee or the start of an evening it is always a wonderful spot for lots of chatter around the easily shared appetizers with wide range of tastes and textures. The entree selections are equally interesting with specials offered all the time. The staff is extremely warm and helpful with choices and portion estimates. It has nice vibe and as the early evening goes late the whole restaurant is a congenial party of happy diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/20/2014Two of us had dinner here on Thursday. Entree's were a great grilled black cod and a simple fettuccine di bolognese - great execution of both. We also had the cheese selection for an appetizer - nice presentation with fig jam and honey. Delicious classic desserts - tiramisu and ricotta cheesecake! Will return on next visit to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good with attention to details.foodivoreDined on 11/19/2014I'll begin by saying I love food. But for me, eating out is a total experience which should include a menu with a mix of thoughtful, creative items, some standards, wines by the glass and bottle that cover the range of palates, and prices that are wallet friendly. Also, the decor, whether classic or modern, should be appealing but not overwhelming. After all, I'm there to eat and enjoy my company and food. The wait staff should be attentive and personable, the noise level should not force me to speak louder than what is considered normal, and I want a comfortable amount of room between myself and my neighbor. Bocca di Bacco on 9th between 54th and 55th hits all these notes. So, if you want a restaurant that is sophisticated but relaxed with a menu that appeals to the discerning, discriminating palate, prices that won't make you wince, and a wait staff that is eager to please, Bocca di Bacco is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and ambianceMikeDined on 11/15/2014Went with the family. food was top notch, top to bottom, nice wine list, excellent service and just a nice find not far outside midtown, but without the touristy vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great serviceJustjoeDined on 11/15/2014I don't even know what to recommend - the risotto, the steak, the lamb, the bass, the lamb ragu. It was all excellent and quick. And we received complimentary wine with our Cabaret ticket stubs. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot near times squareOutstandingDined on 11/15/2014The food was outstanding. If you enjoy fresh food and high quality you will enjoy this place. Nice spot. Hidden gem and out waiter was very knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!lovesfoodVIPDined on 11/14/2014The food is absolutely wonderful and the service is always friendly and prompt. They are very accommodating. I have been there for a bday celebration and they gave us a very nice table and the food was just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Cannot wait to return - fantastic food, ambiance and wine list. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Italian in NYCYogaFanVIPDined on 11/8/2014I almost did not want to write a review because it was so good that I wanted to keep it to myself. We started with aranchia and then both had salads. Divine and perfect. We could have been in Italy. I had the braesola for my entree and my friend had the squid ink pasta with sea food. Both were flavorful fresh and beautifully presented. Our server Igor was fantastic. He was attentive and helpful with selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect but for the breadOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014The atmosphere was great, the food delicious, but the bread was burned. When I pointed this out to a waiter, he told me that this was done on purpose, and I felt a bit uncool that I hadn't realized that....it was all rather silly really. Still I would go again. Great little place.Special Features:
- RomanoFrenchie40Dined on 10/23/2014Nice and laud back diner. I will come back (really to noisy...)Special Features:
- Easy meeting place w/ good food.MJWSRVIPDined on 10/19/2014My daughter chose this place for a family birthday dinner as it was convenient for our guests, close to the train and she had a good time at the bar previously. I found the menu to have a nice mix of apps and entrees. Especially enjoyed the bruschetta. The wine by the glass menu was very nice with many choices. All were fresh that we tried. My only comment that could be less than positive was that we were seated near the front door and when the door opened we were hit by the cold air. All in all however, we were all pleased with our experience and would recommend folks give it a try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoicepjaoDined on 10/18/2014A really enjoyable dinning experience. The food and wine were delicious and the service was professional and friendly. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They are thievesvitatenogoVIPDined on 10/17/2014Had dinner and then drinks at the bar last night. They rudely asked us to leave the table and then over-charged us by a significant amount at the bar for our wine. Total thieves. I would not recommend Bocca di Bacco to anyone at all. This is not the first time I have been there but it is the last.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/11/2014The wine by the glass is great and the server was wonderful to our 2 year old granddaughter.Special Features:
- Amazing Italian RestaurantChelseaDined on 10/11/2014Such good food & wine. I went with my family (including one child under age 10) and everyone loved it. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Never disappointsFIFIDined on 10/2/2014Neighborhood favorite. Good food. Good service. Good wine. Great ambiance. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner pre-theaterBeauDined on 10/1/2014Met friends here. Our first visit. Staff was friendly and efficient. Food was excellent. Some of the best grilled octopus I have ever had. Will go again next time I am in NYC.Special Features:
- Please SurpriseStatenDined on 9/30/2014Wanted an upbeat Italian restaurant with innovated good food and found it at Bocca di Bacco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilvagrlDined on 9/27/2014Food was good although it would have been if the bread were warm since they serve a cold red sauce... or both could have been warm. Drinks extensive with nice list but a tad too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Atmosphere, Menus Needs UpdatetorchwoodVIPDined on 9/19/2014Love Bocca di Bacco. I always return here b/c it has a great atmosphere & good ambiance. I wish the menu would get an update though. There are too many options that are always the same options. A smaller menu that changes more frequently would be nice. Nevertheless, I LOVE coming here. Have recently had a few times that I've just had a glass of wine at their bar & I'd much rather have a glass there than some of the other places nearby. The restaurant's materials seem higher quality & looks better than others in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- GirlsnightoutPochechkaDined on 9/13/2014Came to this Bocca location on 9/13/14 for a quick dinner before the 8pm show with a group of 5 ladies. We had a 6:30pm reservation and our table was waiting for us when we arrived. Our server was very attentive and very efficient getting the dishes we ordered out fast as he knew we couldn't stay for a lengthy dinner. We ordered a variety of appetizers and every single one of them was really tasty. Good food/great service/nice ambiance/ reasonable prices - we were all happy with the way our night begun! Will definitely come back again and do recommend as a nice place to grab dinner before the show 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemDinerDined on 9/11/2014Friendly neighborhood restaurant with consistently good service and food. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2014too expensive, poor food, few options, tables too small, waiters bring everything ordered wrong
- Good food, very very loud.JimboDined on 9/6/2014Saturday reservation for 7:00pm promptly seated but table was in bar area very congested spot. Our server was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. The food is good with reasonably priced menu items and specials (similar to Puttanesca, which has closed?) and half orders of pasta available. Our courses arrived in a timely manner. The noise level was so loud that it was difficult to talk and hear the other diners at our table.Special Features:
- Great local Italian!NycjennVIPDined on 9/5/2014Brought some guests from out of town here for authentic NYC Italian! Everything was delicious- so great in fact they went back the next day as well! It's definitely a great neighborhood place and the food is always consistent and the service always friendly. It can get crowded so make a reservation!Special Features:
- A true neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014We love this place - be it for brunch, lunch, afternoon vino, or dinner. It is our go-to place in the neighborhood. The bar area also has a large TV, and we come here sometimes to watch sports in a relaxed atmosphere. Food is great too!Special Features:
- Really goodBillinNewYorkDined on 8/27/2014First date with a new friend. Terrific place. Warm atmosphere, welcoming staff, great bartender (Allan), superb food, a great mood overall. On the way to a new husband!Special Features:
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Really good food & great service spoiled by the ridiculous amount of noiseSpecial Features:
- Popular and goodAndresnyc11Dined on 8/18/2014All the food and service were very good. Woth the slightly higher price to pay in the typical 9th avenue neighborhood restaurant scene excellent special of pappardelle with scallops and mushrooms. I look forward to trying their other locations for consistency.Special Features:
- Delicious Meal but Spotty ServiceHKBoyDined on 8/16/2014We had 9:00pm reservations, but our table was not quite ready. We were invited to sit at the bar. The bartender did not acknowledge us; we moved to different bar stools right in front of him. He still ignored us. He then asked what he could get us to drink just as the hostess came to get us when our table was ready. We were seated at our table for nearly 10 minutes before the waitress approached us. However, the service improved from this point and was attentive for the rest of our meal. Our appetizers and entrees were delicious; dessert was outstanding. Overall, I enjoyed it, despite the spotty service at the beginning. Great wine list!Special Features:
- a Little bit of ItalydebidltDined on 8/13/2014Our food was absolutey delicious! It reminded us of the freshness and tastiness of the food we have eaten in Italy.Special Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014My husband and I went here for dinner before a seeing Cabaret for our 3rd anniversary. Great atmosphere. The staff was friendly. The food was delicious. I later heard from a friend that they have 2 other locations in the city. Definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!5HandsDined on 8/12/2014Dinner was great. The service was outstanding but very unobtrusive. Atmostphere really nice and noice level very acceptable. I am definitely adding this to my list of "go to" places!Special Features:
- Incredible meal/outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Pre-theater meal was timely but not rushed. Waitress assisted in choosing a bottle of wine In out price range, and it was incredible! Food was delicious, well sized, but not overwhelming. I'd go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good but nothing exceptionalDutchieVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was decent, but the creme brulee was delicious and the bread was good. Didn't like the wine, but my brother who ordered it did like it. Our waitress was nice but a bit too much, over the top. I think there are many better restaurants in this fun neighborhood. This place was really loud, it was barely possible to have a conversation.Special Features:
- The following 690 reviews are from the Bocca di Bacco (Hell's Kitchen - 54th St.) reviews archive.
- DeliciousFromOC2NYCVIPDined on 7/26/2014I've eaten here a few times with my girlfriend and have always walked away having a great experience! This is a great neighborhood gem that is listed as a wine bar but the food is delicious as well! Looking forward to going back again soon!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Had a great waiter, and the food was outstanding, ambience was great...hostess could use some pointers on being friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UninspiringAlexaVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was just ok. Edible- yes. Memorable-no. With so many excellent Italian restaurants in this city, I see no reason to return to this one.