Bocca Di Bacco (Chelsea - 7th Ave.)
191 7th Ave
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bocca Di Bacco (Chelsea - 7th Ave.)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilbastardonyc.com/
- Phone: 2126755980
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch :Monday - Friday : 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm-12:00am,
Sunday & Monday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Brunch : Saturday - Sunday : 12:00pm - 4:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Cesar Sequencia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bocca Di Bacco (Chelsea - 7th Ave.)
Bocca Di Bacco is an innovative restaurant in Chelsea featuring steak and Italian food. This Italian steakhouse offers diners the finest, freshly prepared food as well as a full bar and outdoor cafe. Bocca Di Bacco also boasts a private dining room which is the perfect spot for parties or special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bocca Di Bacco (Chelsea - 7th Ave.) reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Great location, ambiance and food; such a shame that the service was so terrible. We were not at all attended to, and when complained to the manager he seemed quite unconcerned with our poor experience. Will not return and will not recommend.
- Service was incredibleFeministfoodieDined on 6/12/2014Our server was so attentive. The food was delicious. I had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceYummDined on 5/3/2014Excellent food, tremendous service, and prices that don't make you do a double take - what's not to love? The music was a bit loud, but we were still able to have great dinner conversation without screaming over the table. The menu was fantastic, and the appetizers especially really made the meal. Sausage stuffed quail, and grilled octopus - sign me up! I would definitely return and will make this my go to spot for dinner in Chelsea.Special Features:
- The following 384 reviews are from the Bocca Di Bacco (Chelsea - 7th Ave.) reviews archive.
- Now Bocca di BaccoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/16/2014Good food and great ambience - the only thing that could have definitely been better was the service. It took forever to get drinks, appetizers, entrees. Luckily I was enjoying my company, and they are new so I am sure that servers will get more used to the flow of things, but it definitely was an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014I love this restaurant. The food is amazing. The pesto sauce is fantastic.Special Features:
- cheap lavo / bagatelle. foodjpdddDined on 3/23/2014cheap lavo / bagatelle. food terrible, drinks poor, fun environment though.Special Features:
- NoisyNYCVisitorDined on 3/22/2014This place was extremely noisy; all of the wood surfaces causes the noise to bounce around rather than being absorbed, and there was plenty of noise to bounce around. We had to flag down our waiter several times to get the bill. The food was good but not good enough to make up for the noise and service.Special Features:
- The ambiance and decor wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2014The ambiance and decor were very attractive. Totally enjoyed the evening. Very nice menu and food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere and food wasAnnieDined on 2/17/2014The atmosphere and food was excellent. Staff is very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good If you aren't in a hurrykctrDined on 2/15/2014I made a reservation for the day after valentines and expected the place to be busy. We were late, but to our surprise the place was pretty vacant. We enjoyed the atmosphere and until they put on a marathon of Jack Johnson. I got Brasato and it was delicious. Beef was flavorful and tender the roasted veggies and mashed potatoes were perfection. My boyfriend had Chicken Milanese and enjoyed it. However the service was incredibly sparse. I'm not really sure who our real waiter was. It took forever to get our check after dessert ( which was also good)... and then it took even longer to take our payment. We were there about 2 hours and like I said the place was pretty empty.Special Features:
- House made pasta pleasesJoanVIPDined on 2/7/2014Delicioso, gracious service, well priced, nice environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food.....great fun!SuprinaVIPDined on 2/5/2014The place is so much energy and enthusiasm it's contagious .....makes for a truly lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atomosphereGeneDined on 1/30/2014Food and service was very good. A great mix of unique cocktails and make sure you look at the daily specials, often some gems on there in terms recipes that you would expect at a 5 star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch - All you can drink!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014Food was good, but the place is great! In a night club like setting,the dj spins recent dance/pop songs while the waitress pours and pours bottomless bloody mary's, mimosas, champagne or screwdrivers. Fun Fun Fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Brunch!urd202VIPDined on 1/25/2014Tried it out with a friend for brunch on Saturday Jan 25th and we had a fabulous time! I made a table reservation for noon the Tuesday before and it was the last table available.... and I can see why! They started us with the unlimited drinks from the moment we sat down and kept us going for the full two hours. We never had to call anyone over for a refill - they'd top you off every time they passed your table. In addition to the unlimited cocktails option, I chose Il Bastardo because it had vegetarian options on it's menu, which I haven't easily found on unlimited brunch menus. Definitely returning here in the future!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed my birthdayscarlettDined on 1/20/2014Really enjoyed my birthday at IL Bastardo. Great food and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST BRUNCH EVERKimAlexisVIPDined on 1/12/2014This place is absolutely amazing! The best service and time I have ever had at brunch! From the second we walked in we felt like royalty! After sitting down in a quieter area we requested to be taken into the back area where the music and dancing takes place. They promptly got us a new table and moved us over. After ordering our mimosa's they were brought right over and filled up everytime one of our glasses was half filled. Our food came out quickly and piping hot. The rigatoni was cooked to perfection being just a bit aldente. The eggs with imported proscuitto were a favorite at our table. The day turned into a day of dancing with sparklers and an all out celebration! We will most certainly be coming back every chance we get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasion!luxieDined on 1/10/2014The food, ambience and service were all wonderful. I've been there twice now and plan to go again. Was a little loud, but if you are in the mood, then it won't matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They had a $ 59 dollar NewJeffDined on 12/31/2013They had a $ 59 dollar New Year's Eve 4 course menu being offered. The food was very good and the portions were not cut down due to the special menu as some places do. I thought it was well worth it.
- Good food, poor serviceFood123Dined on 12/31/2013Went with a group if 8 for the pre fixe menu on New Year's Eve. The food was good but the service was painfully slow. It took an hour to get the first course and the entire dinner took 2 and a half hours. The waitress didn't know anything about the menu or the wine list. She was not attentive and never once asked how our meal was. We ordered wine and she brought out the bottle opening it but left without pouring it. Over all a bad dining experience due to the service.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerjustfood1VIPDined on 12/25/2013The restaurant has been renovated since I was there last. It was a wonderful surprise to a very pleasant and enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:
- I had such a wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013I had such a wonderful meal here. There were unique cocktails, amazing appetizers, flavorful entrees, and a perfect dessert. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but ....TonyGeeDined on 12/22/2013I've dined their many times for dinner and always had a great time, attentive service with good food, always fresh and tasty! The brunch unfortunately did not live up to my expectations.The ambiance was completely nerve racking and disruptive due to a blaring sound system playing a selection of heavy metal and grunge. We had to shout to each other during the meal...which we cut short by half the allotted time that management had allowed ( there was a 2 hour maximum on the all you can drink brunch) we were out of there in 45 minutes due to the sound level...was this a ploy used by management to free up the tables? In addition...the champagne in the mimosas was very cheap and inferior. Overall the experience was disappointing!Special Features:
- Ok for brunchDylanDined on 12/15/2013The food was ok, the english muffins were stale. I thought that for $39 that to only include mimosas was a little cheeky even though you never had to ask for a refill. The noise level was way to high.
- Poor service lackluster foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/13/2013Went out with some girlfriends. Company great, food mediocre. Nothing special, even dessert wasn't good. Service was slow. Wouldn't go back.
- Our server was very inattentiveEJ08Dined on 12/9/2013Our server was very inattentive and it definitely stood out. We are pretty laid back and relaxed when it comes to dining, but we had to flag him down for everything - order drinks, then our meals, get the bill, ask about dessert, but that seemed to be unique to our waiter, not the restaurant in general. Great food though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slow serviceTomCDined on 12/7/2013Had dinner here recently on a Saturday night. Group of 4 people. Very young waiter who seemed inexperienced. Drinks ordered and then took a while for waiter to come back for food order. Even though restaurant half full, it look 40 minutes for food to come out. The meal was excellent but the slow service took away from the experience. Took a while for waiter to come back with dessert menu and a while for the check too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnorganizedBirthdaygirlDined on 11/23/2013I made reservations for 2pm one week prior to the day. My group and I (party of 6)got there at 1:45 and stood in line to get in. Once we got in to the restaurant, we were told we were next several times. People who had reservations after me were getting seated before me. We did not get seated until 3:30! They say there is a 2 hour table limit but we stood there for an hour and half and there was no movement from some tables! It is so unorganized! The food was good and the environment is awesome. I will never go back though since we waited forever and to top it all off it was my birthday! What is the point in making a reservation??Special Features:
- Not happy with the waiters servicedineExpDined on 11/22/201315 minutes still not one attended us . I had to wave to the waiter for him to notice that there is a couple seated. also had to ask for bread, when the food came , it was not even what we ordered. it belong to the table about 10 feet from us. finally when our food was served the waiter did not even ask is we wanted pepper in our dishes. not only that he did not even mention any specials of the evening. I will still come back to this establishment perhaps next week or 2. hopefully we will not experience the same waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just short of a perfect 10AMTinNYCVIPDined on 11/13/2013The food was amazing. It was so great, I would go back and re-order the same things again and again. One of the most delicious grilled octopus appetizers ever. The wine list had bottles at great value. Just short of a 10 because the food came out VERY slowly, we had to ask for it since it was taking too long at points. It was unclear if this was the wait staff or the kitchen. The waiter brought us each a glass of wine to apologize, even though we were pretty low key about speaking up, so they were aware on their own it was an issue. Overall, fantastic! I can't believe I've been so close by and sleeping on this place for years! Will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2013This place is like a club in the middle of the afternoon. Super fun. Very loud. People dancing on tables. Great for a bachelor or bachelorette party. Or birthday.Special Features:
- Specifics on food...BhungRyBRDined on 11/8/2013The ceaser salad was amazing. My pasta with shrimp for me and my wife's pasta with chicken breast were delicious. The sangria was the best I ever had. I was completely satisfied with the food and the great service. I will definitely return to this restaurant. I also enjoyed the bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceFadedpaperdollDined on 11/8/2013The food here is very well done. I came back to town for a few days to visit friends. A group of 9 of us went there with a reservation for only 6. We arrived early and were able to secure a larger table for 8 and the staff kindly accommodated us when the group grew to 10. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the wines and helped me select a nice Cabernet Sauvignon among their large list of wines. I had the beet salad which I devoured lovingly. and I ordered the linguine and clams for my main. I have to say that this was probably the best linguine and clam dish I've ever had. It had mostly to do with the perfectly cooked al dente pasta but the clam sauce was just the right combination of savory and tart. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great food; nice night.jqueryDined on 11/7/2013The servers were kind and attentive, the atmosphere was really nice, albeit the noise level was louder than I would've expected. All in all, a fantastic experience, and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2013The food was good just wish the portions were a bit larger. Overall I would recommend this spot as I was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. Ok ServiceyummydummyDined on 10/31/2013The food was very tasty and the atmosphere, despite the fact that it was Halloween was quite nice. Service on the other hand was not to my liking. I felt the server was very disconnected and didn't communicate with us well. It wasn't the worst service I've had but it definitely was not great. The host was also to my surprise dressed a little inappropriate and wearing a very short costume.Special Features:
- Overpriced and out of control.Sulaw06Dined on 10/5/2013The "brunch" here is nothing more than 22 year olds getting hammered and screaming their heads off. I love a good boozy brunch but this was terrible. Bad music so loud you couldn't talk. Dried out eggs Benedict and cheap champagne for $50. U It's not for me.Special Features:
- Food was good, service was spottyDaddyJ10003Dined on 10/4/2013The food was good. Nothing unusually spectacular. But perfectly fine. Service felt a little disorganized. Waiters brought food to our table twice that wasn't for us. Two separate waiters came by with cheese. But, as my friend said, it's better that there were too many waiters than not enough. Happily, the staff was friendly. The restaurant was not very busy, maybe 25% full. Yet it was still noisy. I wouldn't go here for a quiet, romantic dinner. But it's great for, say, a birthday party, especially because it's a large restaurant that probably could accommodate large groups easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The renovations are nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/26/2013The renovations are nice and the revised menu good. But service is spotty abd it is so loud you can't have a decent conversation. This ess my favorite restaurant particularly during the week and went there maybe twice a week. Now no one wants to meet me there because of the noise and not wonderful service. I think they have. Good product and it's a nice restaurant but it's slipping quickly. Maybe they need to bring Ali - the former manager back soon!
- Dinner on a barstoolJonnie01Dined on 9/21/2013Had a great meal with some old friends. Food was great. Our waitress was polite, fun and attentive (and French).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.