Bocca Di Bacco (Chelsea - 20th St.)
169 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bocca Di Bacco (Chelsea - 20th St.)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://nycrg.com/bocca-di-bacco-chelsea/
- Phone: (212) 989-8400
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm- 11:00pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm- 12:00am,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Kristin Sollenne
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bocca Di Bacco (Chelsea - 20th St.)
Bocca Di Bacco is a New York City Restaurant Group establishment from dynamic restaurateur and New York native Robert Malta, who owns nearly a dozen restaurants throughout the city. “I’ve been in the business 25 years,” Malta says. “I opened the first Bocca Di Bacco in Hell’s Kitchen in 2007 and it quickly became a neighborhood favorite. The Chelsea location is an evolution of what we’ve been offering. There are new menu items, and a more refined look and feel, but it’s still a great spot for the neighborhood any night of the week.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bocca Di Bacco (Chelsea - 20th St.) reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (15)notable wine list (15)romantic (10)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Restaruant location good, food was good not great.DianneVIPDined on 11/15/2014Food was ok but so many choices in NYC, ther are many restuarants with a more creative ktichen. Staff was friendly.Special Features:
- Never fails to pleasetimeflies1VIPDined on 11/8/2014We shared the eggplants appetizer. It was delightful and light...sauce was just perfect. My date had the special seafood risotto and I had the spinach and cheese tortellini in butter sauce. Presentation and taste were awesome. This was our second time here and we're deifnitely coming back. It has become one of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- First visit to old friendRegularsVIPDined on 11/4/2014Have eaten at its sister location at 54th many times and the Chelsea location was as good, or maybe slightly better. Across the board Bocca does an outstanding job.Special Features:
- Great for lunch and seafoodTheExplorerVIPDined on 11/3/2014Had a great business meeting with a nice selection for lunch. Enjoyed the soup and Bronzino with veggies. Course meal selection gives many choices to choose from. Very quiet for a Monday lunch which was nice too! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid neighborhood choicejeffgtiVIPDined on 10/30/2014i live in the neighborhood and would definitely go back to Bocca Di Bacco anytime i was in the mood for Italian food. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. the wine list was fairly extensive without being overbearing. three of us dined together and everyone liked their choices, especially the grilled bronzini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Royalty Dines Here!!StarNY12Dined on 10/24/2014This place is #1 in my book. The waiter always remembers me and is so professional. It is a please dining at the restaurant and its other locations. The wait staff treats you like you are someone special and there is so much to choose from on the menu. This is a great spot to dine alone, with a friend, or with someone from out of town. I highly recommned it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for a reasonable priceMLRJEGDined on 10/22/2014Had lunch with a friend. Booked off OpenTable with no advance knowledge. We were treated attentively. The food was presented well. I highly recommend the grilled octopus salad. A great place for a meal when attending a show at the Atlantic Theatre on 20th St between 8th & 9th.Special Features:
- Nice placeMadMaxDined on 10/8/2014Simple, a bit slow on service at the start, But then they were flexible. Quiet, so one could speak and hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DoneTheatremanDined on 10/8/2014Especially considering the moderate prices, the food was very good. Fresh, well prepared and tasty. Excellent service from a waiter who was from Florence and made excellent food and wine suggestions.Special Features:
- Excellent bad authentic pastaSaraVIPDined on 10/3/2014Lots of choices and specials on top of that - a true pasta lover's nirvana. My Italian server was charming and helpful. Great value for money re portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rose624VIPDined on 10/1/2014I went here for the first time and the food and service were both excellent. The waiter was very attentive. I would definitely to back and try some of their other dishes.Special Features:
- Fish most could only pray forDaveK225Dined on 9/30/2014The monk fish and beet salad is phenomenal and with their delicious wine choices you will be happy you can to this location, a far less noisy sister to the 7th Avenue location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuonissimoGinaVIPDined on 9/27/2014Dishes offered were quite delicious (burnt wheat pasta, fish, short ribs). Restaurant offers a modern Italian feel with a twist on traditional dishes- while still keeping good flavors. Only improvement would be to offer a better selection of desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- normDined on 9/26/2014extremely noisy-music was blasting so loudly it was impossible to converse or hear the waitstaff. when we asked to have the sound lowered a bit the manager said it was Friday night and that was it. will not return again because of their attitude
- Bocca Di Bacco - A MUSTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014This restaurant was fantastic. The food was great and the service perfect. Excellent!Special Features:
- Decent ambiance and foodHungryDinerVIPDined on 9/16/2014I really go there for food mostly with one on one or small group. The fact that the place is never packed is always a bonus for us to enjoy some drinking and conversations. Their appetizers and pastas are very good. Order mussels and tomato based pasta and enjoy the delicious sauce that enhance the favors. The simpler, the better. I love the pasta with olive and bacon, the squid ink pasta was good but not impressed, risotto was done the way I want it, people with better appetite might complain the portion. But hey overall it's hitting the marks and I enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a chainOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014It's average at best. The service and food was nothing special, about what you'd expect from a hotel restaurant. Adequate, but priced like a real restaurant.
- CathVIPDined on 8/20/2014Consistently good food and service. Friendly waitstaff, a low-key neighborhood feeling with an upscale menu. perfect for a relaxed week night dinner.Special Features:
- JoelyJoelyDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed the food. Pasta cooked perfectly al dente. Everyone enjoyed their mealSpecial Features:
- TMMFoodieTMMDined on 8/9/2014This was my second time here. The service was wonderful especially that of our server Giovanni. He gave us great recommendations for food/ drinks and was very pleasant and attentive. Over all a great experience.Special Features:
- localDined on 8/5/2014first time ive ever not liked BdB. food was not good , service sucked
- Good extensive wine list. Food ok.YaayDined on 8/1/2014Good extensive wine list. Food okay. I did not try that many things on the menu so they may have other good items.
- The following 97 reviews are from the Bocca Di Bacco (Chelsea - 20th St.) reviews archive.
- BoccaBaltimoreguyDined on 7/5/2014Fine northern Italian cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Great spot.Special Features:
- Upscale italianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/3/2014Popped in several times over the past few months. Menu is standard italian with creative touches, a notch up from other neighborhood italian restaurants. When the windows to the street are open the ambiance is great, good bustle without "scream-level" noise.Special Features:
- auntkateDined on 6/15/2014Enjoyed dinner! Food was very good and plentyful. Service was excellent and knowledgeable. A bit noisy for conversation
- BobMarshDined on 5/31/2014Having eaten in one of their other locations, I enjoyed the food just as much...I even ordered the same dish: Tagliereini Neri con Granchio (Jumbo Lump Crab over Black Squid Pasta). Excellent. My friend chose Branzino Grigliato. He was most satisfied. As always, the food, from the bruschetta at the start, to the Profiteroles for dessert was excellent. The service at this location was spotty & could have been better organized. And it was a bit loud - but it WAS a Saturday night. Would definitely recommend & revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in ChelseaOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/30/2014Food is hearty and delicious. $1 oysters at the bar was a fun way to start the meal with a nice glass of whiteSpecial Features:
- donnymikeVIPDined on 5/29/20141st time there and looooved it! service and food were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service and food preprianycDined on 5/18/2014Coffee instead of decaf, well done eggs Benedict, etc etc all came out after extremely long wait and we had to tell them to bring, knife, fork, black pepper.... every time something so essential on the table is missing. Extremely frustrating brunch.
- svcwc2141Dined on 5/11/2014very slow/spotty service.. solid food and atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Lovely Option in Chelsea!TneckMOMVIPDined on 5/3/2014I met a friend for brunch last Saturday, and what a nice find this place was! Tables and banquets not too crowded, varied menu for brunch or lunch, mimosas and Bloody Mary's for $5 each -- how could we go wrong? I had eggs benedict with salmon, a nice alternative, and it was delicious. My friend had another option on the menu, also excellent. The location and price was right, and we will definitely return!Special Features:
- David1500Dined on 4/19/2014This can be a great place but the noise level and the stressed servers make detract from the experience.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2014The new Chelsea Bocca is a welcome addition to the neighborhood...just as good as the other stores.Special Features:
- Pressed for timeJeanneDined on 4/12/2014I dined at your restaurant on Saturday April13,2014. We arrived at 5:30 and needed to walk out the door by 6:35 to catch a bus back to Ct. Patrick & Giovanni went over and above to accomodate our party of 4. Wine was great, food was even better, but the one thing that made the night most enjoyable was the music! Earth wind & Fire,Michael Jackson, and Marvin Gaye to name a few. Wonderful! Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- DeliciousEateateatVIPDined on 4/5/2014The food is fantastic and the interiors are very well designed. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Chelsea GemJustUs2VIPDined on 3/25/2014We are always looking for restaurants near the Joyce that are treats and this is certainly one of them. Have walked by before but when we decided to try something "new" - that is new for us - we chose Bocca. Well prepared and well presented food that is not only tasty but with a flair of taste. And the wine list - particularly those from Sicilia - are great We will be backSpecial Features:
- Nice evening of straight-ahead foodrobinrDined on 2/28/2014Wouldn't rave about any inventiveness but the ambiance at Bocca Di Bacco makes it a great neighborhood spot . The mozzarella/tomato was spruced up with some marinated asparagus. Pork chops were large and tender with great selection of roasted veggies. Chicken rosemary a solid dish . My husband had the salmon which was a small portion and pretty bland. The desert and coffee were ok, not exceptional. Ambiance and service were lovelySpecial Features:
- Tasty Italian in ChelseaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/21/2014We've dined here 2or 3 times before, and this time were bringing (sometimes demanding) friends from WDC. A great relief: servers were on their toes, food was perfect. Three of us ordered the seafood pasta special, which was a generous portion and delicious. As in any popular Chelsea restaurant, they would like to turn the table. Set the pace yourself, and you will be rewarded with a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine's Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014My man and I spent a wonderful Valentine's Day here. The staff was attentive and sweet and the food was out of this world. I even got a rose at the end of the meal! My one complaint was the music — it would have been nice to have some light, simple music since it is an Italian restaurant, but instead they played odd '90s alternative. So I hope you enjoy your tortellini with a side of Radiohead!Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerDannyTDined on 2/14/2014My fiance and I had dinner here for Valentine's Day. Everything was excellent. Server was very attentive. The food is delicious! Great variety and generous plate size. I would definitely recommend it!!! (Especially for the fact it was Valentine's Day when restaurant usually lose quality because an unusual over abundance of customers all at the same time)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.