1801 Coral Way
Miami, FL 33145Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bocaitomiami.com/
- Phone: 3058568818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call us or inquire at restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Call us or inquire at restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Diego Castilla 3053314612
A word from Bocaito
Winner of Best Tapas by Miami New Times for 2011, Bocaito is an Authentic Spanish Tapas Bar, serving imported Spainish Wines, Seafood and Jamon Iberico. Our Family has been in the Restaurant business for 2 generations and we pride ourselves on excellent food and a great dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bocaito reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (4)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- Best Servicek8skateDined on 8/12/2014Unfamiliar with the wines on the list our waitress, Adele, assisted us in finding something light & versatile to compliment the meat & seafood dishes we ordered. The octopus was more succulent than I have ever experienced. She was incredibly kind & helped us to order a platter with a better selection of ham, cheese and sausages, I was particularly impressed with how she helped me avoid an ingredient I'm allergic to. Adele also suggested a brilliant artichoke dish that I'm happy we tried. Even the salad we opted for was fresh and fantastic. Then we shared pictures of our dogs! Oh, and we don't speak much Spanish & she didn't speak much English. Our waitress bridged the gap with incredible kindness and tact. I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- mariagonzaVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was very good i recomend the calamares in sauce i love it and they have wine list with different priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014The food was outstanding. A little pricey though. Nice quiet place to have a comfortable conversation and catch up with friendsSpecial Features:
- Please don't go here....It's greatLoverboyDined on 7/9/2014Please don't go to this place because if you go there you will keep coming back and that won't be good for me. I have gone to this place many times and the food and service is always the same....great! Wine list I'd good and very reasonable. This is a a gem of a place....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmenVIPDined on 6/9/2014Great experience,,,,the food is really good and authentic, IT IS HOME AWAY FROM HOME :)Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Bocaito reviews archive.
- A Touch of Spain in Miami.SandiVIPDined on 3/22/2014Great tapas at this neighborhood gem. Staff is super attentive and the food is delicious. I keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/21/2014It was our first visit to the restaurant. They sat us down right away and the service was ver personable BUT the food was outstanding! We shared a Caldo Gallego soup, una tabla de chorizo, jamon serrano, and manchego - delicious. The best dishes were the pimientos al piquillo and the bacalao dish. We couldn't stop eating!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOCAITO offers authentic tapasDouganandaVIPDined on 3/19/2014It's like a trip to Madrid. The stylish but simple decor is accented by a good selection of Spanish wines on display. The tapas are authentically simple Spanish: no fusion nor nouvelle treatment here. If one is a fan of tapas, this spot is a perfect spot for you. The jamon Ibérico, sopas, and other tapas tidbits are high quality in their preparation. For dessert, leave ESPAÑA behind and order the dessert crème brûlée, which was as wonderful as any one might find in an haute cuisine French restaurant -- delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want a casual evening of funSandiVIPDined on 2/8/2014Want a casual evening of fun with a flair of Spain, great tapas and excellent service, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas FinddrhdhomeVIPDined on 2/1/2014Very nice little tapas and tintos restaurant away from it all.Special Features:
- Like dining in Madrid, SpainSandiVIPDined on 1/31/2014Service is excellent and so is the food is great. Excellent chef in this neighborhood gem. The codfish croquettes are a "must have". Loved the garlic shrimp and fried garbanzo tapas too. Wanted to have a pork dish, but we couldn't decide on one from the menu so Leticia the waitress asked the chef to create a pork dish for us What a delight! The chef prepared with beautifully seasoned slices of pork with a port wine sauce that was simply delicious. Many good selections of tapas, entrees and of Spanish wines. Had a wonderful red Ribera del Duero called Matin Berdugo. What a pleasant evening. Going back next week!Special Features:
- Ole!Ivy78Dined on 9/13/2013Bocaito from the first day made me feel like home. The owner usually comes to the greet us. We have gotten to know the staff and service is impeccable. Amazing food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLoverboyDined on 8/16/2013Great place to go in the evening.....food always good and service very attentive. A gem of a place, hopefully not to many people know about. Well, now they do? Food is always consistence.......Special Features:
- big mistake on my part!majorettefoodieVIPDined on 6/26/2013I thought that i was making reservations at Bocado in Worcester, MA. Not Bocaito in Miami...When I realized my mistake it was too late to cancel the reservation. I hope I haven 't hurt my opentable account. I apologize profusely for the error. Sincerely, Jo-Ann MeagherSpecial Features:
- Real tapas !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2013This restaurant reminded me of some of the great tapas places I have enjoyed in Madrid and Sevilla. I real find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazing and Adela'sSierraDined on 5/11/2013The food was amazing and Adela's service was outstanding. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Very good waiter.LeticiOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2013Great food. Very good waiter.Leticia was awasome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even they don't have a kidsExcellentDined on 5/10/2013Even they don't have a kids menu they went out of their way to find something my child would like and she Love it!Special Features:
- Will always go here when in MiamaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2013LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And appreciated the warmth and care given to both my party and our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place comes alive afterFoodiesMom1Dined on 2/23/2013This place comes alive after 7:30. It is definately a neighborhood treasure. Everything was freshly made and came to our table piping hot. The waiter advised us what to order since this was our first visit and he steered us in the right direction. There is no wine list, rather all the wine is displayed on the walls and you pick out the bottle you want. All wines are from Spain so you may want to read up before you visit. Most wines were very fairly priced. Dinner for two, with a bottle of wine was only $90.00. We really enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Nice find in miamiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013Food was very good the server was great. The price was excellent or what we ordered.Special Features:
- Excellent Spanish restaurantJobarDined on 10/27/2012Excellent Spanish restaurant with amazing traditional spanish plates. Service was also fantastic.Special Features:
- the food was great.. and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2012the food was great.. and the service superb! keep it up!!!!Special Features:
- The food was excellent. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012The food was excellent. They just need to work a some on the service. They get pack on Friday's and service may not be to what you desire.All my friends ove it and the food was divine!!!Special Features:
- Excellent food & friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/17/2012Excellent food & friendly service. We will certainly return. Another plus: they have their own parking lot out back so you don't have to feed the meters on Coral Way!Special Features:
- Great food, great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/10/2012Bocaito was fantastic! We live in the Philadelphia area and eat at Jose Garces restaurants in Philadelphia.....the quality of the food is on the same level at Bociato. It might not have the presentation of Armada but it doesn't' have the prices either. The owner is awesome, the food is terrific and highly recommend this restaurant. We stayed at the Viceroy and took a cab out and could not have been happier. It's a rustic place with great food and the staff is terrific. The prices are reasonable and i would go back again in heartbeat. Thanks for a great meal!Special Features:
- Muy buena atencion. excelenteCaroDined on 2/3/2012Muy buena atencion. excelente comida y muy buena carta de vinos. esta ubicado en un sector muy tranquilo y con estacionamiento propio, lo que lo hace aun mejor.Special Features:
- Elightful tapas and an outstandindiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2012Elightful tapas and an outstandinding Paella the waiter was friendly and eager to please I highly recommend BocaitoSpecial Features:
- The place is great, very friendlyPeterDined on 1/28/2012The place is great, very friendly atmosphere, verytypical Spanish Ambiance, My only comment is that they did not had my Reservation, but the ownere was quick in accomosdating My Wife and I.Special Features:
- My experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2012It was ok. Food was good but service was TERRIBLE!! They refused to provide seperate tabs/checks after waiter agreed too. When situation was addressed to manager/owner he said "I cant deal with this problem, you guys pay whatever you want or not pay I do not care" and walked out. I have never seen that in my life! Hopefully, service improves.Special Features:
- I tried Bocaito on a recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/15/2011I tried Bocaito on a recommendation from a friend, and the food, service and wine certainly lived up to what my friend had told me. A must try, if available, is the salmorejo (spanish tomato puree with extra virgin olive oil and jamon serrano crumbles). This was outstanding!! Also had a delicious 3 year old reserve manchego cheese, navajas a la plancha, seared pork with roasted piquillo peppers and balsamic reduction, bacalao brandade garnished with quail egg.... all incredibly delicious. The wine list is also priced very well and it has a great selection. I highly recommend this place to anyone who likes authentic Spanish food that is reasonably priced. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Best Tapas in the Gables!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2011Best Tapas in the Gables!! a MUST go for foodies!!Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2011Fantastic! I have been a huge fan of Bocaito since it opened. We make sure to visit every time we are in Miami. This is definitely the gold standard for authentic Spanish tapas in Miami. The food is always scrumptious, perfectly cooked and seasoned.Special Features: