82 Winter Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bocadotapasbar.com/
- Phone: 5087971011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Steve Champagne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cava is the function room at Bocado which can accommodate sit down dinner for up to 40 guests and cocktail style party with plated and passed hors d'oeuvres for up to 75 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Deb Covino 5087971011
A word from Bocado
Bocado Tapas Wine Bar Modern. Chic, Bold, Sexy Bocado has brought the modern, big city atmosphere to the Worcester dining scene. A journey of tastes and flavor inspired by Mediterranean Cuisine served through a savory mix of tapas plates and extensive wine flights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bocado - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Bocado reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (105)special occasion (97)romantic (82)good for groups (80)hot spot (60)neighborhood gem (57)notable wine list (56)late-night find (44)vibrant bar scene (41)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Our go-toMazeeDined on 9/13/2014This is our go-to restaurant, because we can always count on excellent food and excellent service, and we always have something we've never tried before. For us, it's never the same place twice. (Although we always start with the fried goat cheese.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy RestaurantGregDined on 9/13/2014I really wanted to rate Bocado higher, but the tapas were only fair. We tried several and found only the Kobe burgers worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corner Local FavoriteAdderley3CVIPDined on 9/9/2014This corner establishment is a favorite around town and the food and beverages match the service as you are always welcomed as you enter (or even valet park the car). The bartenders and wait staff are friendly and folks are willing to share their favorites as you try to decide on what to order, food or drink. Seating is unique and comfy and the evening can be enjoyed at a table or the friendly bar. Always a good time here.Special Features:
- Service was GreatJackEDined on 9/9/2014Can't recall our server's name..but she was great with recomendations and her personality was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniquecml123Dined on 9/9/2014All the food was terrific and portions where plentiful. The one dish that was very dry and needed to be sent back was the paella. But the overall dining was wonderful .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulcml123Dined on 9/8/2014We chose to celebrate my daughters 25th birthday here. The staff was warm, friendly,and engaging. The decor elegant and very comfortable dining, not stuffy at all. Most of the staff appears to live local and invite you not only to the dining experience, but will share a little personal story of their own, I find that delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saturday nightjansanmanDined on 9/6/2014This was my second time here. It was my girlfriend's Bday and we had a great time. The food was great. Friendly and attentive sevice. Nice drinks. We had the dinner for two and by the time the paella came, we were so stuffed. We ended up taking it home and had it for dinner the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menuSwoboatDined on 9/6/2014We chose the tasting menu and were delighted with the variety and flavors. A little too noisy for me but I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didn't disappointPaulalouDined on 9/6/2014Been to Bocado several times, and again was not disappointed. The service is timely and excellent and the variety of tapas certainly has something for everyone. Our only disappointment was the octopus which was flavorless and chewy - if I had to guess it should have braised longer. We tried some tapas we hadn't had before and all were excellent. We had a spicy shredded chicken that was served on polenta, and oxtail pate - very good! The spinach a feta dip was one of the best I have had, along with the toasted pita. The stuffed eggplant was equally tasty. My one complaint remains - the longer you stay, the louder it gets! Becasue of the wood floors and high ceilings the sound just resonates....good for them, but tough for conversation!!Special Features:
- The BestLivetoeatDined on 9/5/2014Bocado is one of best restaurants in the city of Worcester. It has consistently good food and excellent service. Treat yourself to a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience para parejacenafueraDined on 9/3/2014This was our first time at Bocado, though we've been to other tapas restaurants. The place has a nice atmosphere and our server was very good. It was a bit noisy as the music was loud at first, then a large party in the other room could be overheard. The food was good--though with the "experience for two" there was far too much of it to eat without a take away container.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adventurous placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Went there for a late dinner on a Saturday. Not as busy as expected. Got the fried goat cheese ( it goes well with wine), duck ( soft but not much favor, rabbit (it was very good than most places), grilled quail ( that was a disappointment, a little on the dry side), and the dates ( biggest disappointment of them all). They forgot to bring out the gamba and it was not even busy but that was okay. Gamba was flavorful but it is better at Tasca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best visitTapasDelightDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have been to Bocado numerous times and enjoy the food, the wine, the ambiance, etc. Unfortunately, this time we brought 2 friends who had never been and the dinner did not give the impression we had led them to believe. Our server was very nice but as the night went on and he had more tables it was hard for him to give us the attention we needed. We ordered a lot of tapas and there were many lulls between them being brought out as well as no rhyme or reason to which ones were brought out first, second, third, etc. We ended up waiting for food more than receiving it and ended up having to get our dessert to go as we ran out of time. We were sad for our guests as they did not get to enjoy Bocado as we had b4.
- Great find!JABCDined on 8/30/2014We had tried out Bocados during Restaurant Week a few years ago and have gone back a couple of times. We usually get the experience for 2 and at first it was confusing because the dishes were so small but in the end it is actually a lot of delicious food and we try to change it u everytime we go. A little on the expensive side but definitely a nice night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!TexdudeDined on 8/26/2014First time I had ever been there. Waitress helped us out because we had no idea how to order food, and everything we got was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Bocados is a bit on the expensive side but you should know this when deciding to going there. Once there, I must say it is worth the money for sure. The food is always so good, and the wait staff are always very professional and helpfulSpecial Features:
- HappydinerDined on 8/24/2014Eating at Bocado is always an adventure! There's so much to choose from - we could just keep eating all night! Our server was very attentive, very helpful. There was just one glitch - the kitchen apparently forgot one of our dishes, so there was a bit of a lull in service, but it was taken care of very quickly once we spoke to our server about it. The food was delicious! And the wine was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Bocado!NancyDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious as always! We go there at least twice a month. Had a really nice dinner with family celebrating my husband birthday.( Good excuse to go.) The food was great, the atmosphere really friendly, and the location very convenient. They also have Valet parking ...and The Flamenco night is super fun and the wine tasting night with the dinner is my favorite thing there. I highly recommend it, am definitely looking forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!Sbux123Dined on 8/22/2014Food, atmosphere and service was amazing! I would definitely come here again. The food is always spot on and affordable. The house sangria and fried goat cheese are my favorite offerings and tend to be the go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Service was great. Interior is simple but comfortable. Not for kids unless like like food that is a little different. Great drinks. Loved so many of the tapas we tried. Will be back. Went on a Monday might so place was quiet and cozy. I bet it is really busy Thurs, Fri and Sat!Special Features:
- BocadoMhawk91Dined on 8/16/2014everything about Bocado was great. my boyfriend and i went during restaurant week and although it was very busy the staff was friendly and collected. the food was out standing and our waiters recommendations were delicious. We had an amazing dinner and will definitely be coming back very soon.Special Features:
- It's loveEphanielynnDined on 8/15/2014I've been to Bocado a few times now and every time I find my self more and more impressed. The food is always out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night spotBreweryDined on 8/15/2014Tea all like this place but the front dining room was really noisy. Great place to meet people for drinks and Tapas but not so great for a romantic eveningSpecial Features:
- Looking for a "go to" place?YummyDined on 8/15/2014It doesn't matter how many times you go out to eat you always want to find a place that is good no matter what...this is the place! The staff is courteous and attentive( our server was Cara and she was magnificent) The food is always fantastic, both in appearance and flavor. Presentation,sangria and ambience...the "Big Three!" Have your first date( as we did 5 years ago)or a night out with the Spouse ( we married in 2013)or any Foodie friends here and you will happily satisfied!Special Features:
- Great FoodMattDined on 8/15/2014Great food and good service. Definitely a special occasion place in my book since it is relatively expensive but the food is worth it. Great restaurant to try during Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014After we'd paid our check, we each had maybe a third of a drink remaining. The waiter came over and asked us if there was anything else we needed and then pointed out that they were very busy. Guess they couldn't let us finish our drinks...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Our experience was wonderful. Our server was friendly and very helpful, with great suggestions on what was good to eat. We did not feel rushed in any way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Night!andilikepeachesDined on 8/12/2014Convinced my boyfriend to bring me here for my birthday. Totally worth it!!! The food was fantastic and the experience was wonderful (:Special Features:
- First time at BocadotwoofusDined on 8/12/2014It was our first time at Bocado and we enjoyed it very much. We like the tapas style of dining and will surely go back again. The server was very attentive and explained the method of ordering and how things would be served. We ordered the Worcester Restaurant week Special for 2 which includes a meat and cheese selection, 3 more tapas from a list of about 10 and followed by your choice of a paella from four different selections. This was followed by dessert. We were able to get through the tapas and each had a couple of bytes of the classica paella. We had the paella and dessert boxed to take home. Everything was excellent!Special Features:
- LOVE!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/12/2014I absolutely love Bocado .. I go there not knowing what I want to eat and can "create" my own buffet. I brought my teenage son out with me for my birthday and even he loved it. I should note, he is the pickiest eater I know. Seriously if you have not had the fried goat cheese and the lamb lollipops you need to go here immediately!!!Special Features:
- Busy Saturday Night....VeryParticularDined on 8/9/2014Everyone from the hosts to the bartender & our server were charming helpful & attentive! The best sangria menu, even my husband who is normally a beer drinker enjoyed a sangria, or two! Our first course of fried goat cheese with pheasant sausage was incredible and made for a great combination. Over all everything was really good. Our only critique would be that the shellfish in our paella was very bland & completely void of seasoning, but the rest of the dish was delicious, especially the chorizo! And just a side note but when did men stop dressing for a night out at a nice restaurant? I was surprised by how many were dressed in cargo shorts tshirts & flip flops?! But it didn't detract from the food or service. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Awesome Deal for Restaurant Week!SJFOEVADined on 8/9/2014My girlfriend I and went for dinner and got the Restaurant Week deal for 2 ($46.26) that is usually $75. Bottle of wine for $23.14 as well. Order the fried goat cheese and duck, absolutely delicious. For tapas we ordered the pork meatballs, garlic shrimp, and calamari. All were very good. We then proceeded to get the all meat paella which was excellent. Topped it off with the raspberry bread pudding. Awesome dining experience, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Great Tapas, bad paellaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Everything would absolutely be a five star review had the seafood paella not been sub par. I was surprised because everything else had been so good. The clams and muscles surrounding the dish tasted like they were cooked in bleach and the paella itself was flat tasting, it badly needed salt and butter. It just put a sour note on the night for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itazandraDined on 8/8/2014I love trying new foods so I really enjoyed the menu. I like that you order a bunch of small plates and everyone shares/tries things. The sangria was awesome. Our waitress was great. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Very goodCody64Dined on 8/8/2014First time here and it was very good. THe service was excellent. WE enjoyed the restaurant week menu and had a great night out.Special Features:
- Had better experiencesFoodGirlDined on 8/7/2014The room we were in was too noisy and the service was slow. Good was good, though seemed better in the past bSpecial Features:
- Bocado is wonderfulLisaDined on 8/6/2014Haven't been to Bocado in a while and was craving it. Met up with some girlfriends and had a great time! Food was delicious and Bocado is definitely a great happy hour location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014We had an enjoyable time at Bocado, but honestly found the quality of the food to be down. However, we understand the restaurant was much busier than normal because of the high traffic from restaurant week. But, we can confidently say the service was outstanding and the overall experience was both warm and pleasant. We will be back, but may steer clear of the restaurant week menu and stick to the normal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014We love it here. Great menu and has ever changing specials. We drive 30 minutes to go and well worth it.Special Features:
- Another delicious mealES17Dined on 8/1/2014My family and I love Bocado and come here often for special occasions. The food is always delicious and the service is excellent. However, my most recent visit was not the awesome experience I usually expect here. We sat in a different area of the restaraunt in very uncomfortable seats. The stools on one side of the table were too small and we felt like we were falling off, but the bench on the other side was too high and not any better. We ordered two pitchers of sangria, peach and another kind that I can't remember. Peach was pretty good, but the other was disgusting. We didn't even finish half the pitcher. The price here is always pretty steep and our bill for 5 people came to about $280 including tip, Very Expensive, usually worth it..Special Features: