82 Winter Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bocadotapasbar.com/
- Phone: 5087971011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Steve Champagne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cava is the function room at Bocado which can accommodate sit down dinner for up to 40 guests and cocktail style party with plated and passed hors d'oeuvres for up to 75 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Deb Covino 5087971011
A word from Bocado
Bocado Tapas Wine Bar Modern. Chic, Bold, Sexy Bocado has brought the modern, big city atmosphere to the Worcester dining scene. A journey of tastes and flavor inspired by Mediterranean Cuisine served through a savory mix of tapas plates and extensive wine flights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bocado - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Bocado reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (119)special occasion (99)good for groups (92)romantic (84)hot spot (67)neighborhood gem (59)notable wine list (58)late-night find (43)vibrant bar scene (40)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Love It! Unique dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2014Great tapas! Fun, welcoming place with wonderful service. Even the most novice of tapas eaters should not be afraid as the waitstaff is more than happy to guide you through the menu. We've had an excellent dining experience each time we have gone.Special Features:
- My favorite!italianfoodyDined on 10/18/2014This was my second time dining here in a week. I love it every time and can't wait to see what's new on the menu for tapas and sangrias. This was the second time bringing my husband along. We had the same waiter - Louis. He was exceptional! One of my favorite things about this place is that every waiter and waitress I've ever had was excellent. The food is consistently delicious. The sangria alone is worth the trip along with the fried goat cheese! I try to order at least one or two different items on the tapas menu each time and I'm never disappointed. This restaurant is one of a kind and I will keep coming back!Special Features:
- Never pick just one item againsoofleDined on 10/18/2014This was not my first visit to Bocado, nor my first meal at a tapas bar, but I'm still impressed every time I come here. Though typically busy and noisy (not really a good place to go for a quiet romantic meal) the food here is fantastic and the service has always been great. The best part about tapas is not having to decide between several menu items that all sound good, order them all! The arrangement works fine for couples but it's best enjoyed with groups of 4 or more. Pick lots of different items and share around the table. The wine list could benefit from a bit more detailed descriptions to help with selection but the wait and bar staff have a good handle on each bottle's characteristicsSpecial Features:
- Tasty.EatieVIPDined on 10/18/2014I wasn't sure whether I was in the mood for Tapos but after my first entrée I was glad I came. My only regret was that I couldn't finish everything. The staff was very helpful with suggestions and I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bocado WorcesterCTDinerDined on 10/17/2014Everything we had for our Bocado Experience was great...right up to the Paella. The meat and cheese board with sliced smoked duck was excellent. We had 4 tapas plates, each one was delicious. The Paella was a big disappointment. The dish lacked flavor and and could have used more salt. The waiter was really great and explained quite a bit about the menu and recommended about 80% of what we should get. Next time we will go with some suggestions and explore our own. The sangria was as described...really great.Special Features:
- Fantastic as usualJCC3Dined on 10/17/2014The food continually amazes me every time I go here. The shrimp burgers are divine. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. Bocado is a treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasteeSwiftecITVIPDined on 10/14/2014very tastee, flavorful. the baked goat cheese was amazing, as was the vegetable terrine (sp?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We had the "all inclusive " special for 4 people. It was absolutely amazing.Special Features:
- flavorful and funOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Lots of distinct flavors, a huge variety of choices. For us to have created a meal with this many flavorful dishes, we would have spent all day in the kitchen. Service was prompt and attentive.Special Features:
- Saturday night out.runfastnowDined on 10/11/2014The food, drinks, and service was excellent! Unfortunately our dining partners were about 20 minutes late. However, the waiter was pleasant and positive. We know that service are dependent on table turnaround, but he was very, very good. Food and drinks were delivered in a timely manner. We never waited for anything. The waiter would check in with us just enough so as not to be a pain. We eat here a few times a month. Always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tapasRCMboVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great tapas place. They are also going to be expanding to Wellesley. Good selection, service was pretty good. Very easy to get to from I-290Special Features:
- A must try!FunFridayDined on 10/10/2014Such a different experience in food from the norm. Pricey, we always spend $150 for the two of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, intimateDougDined on 10/7/2014Had a wonderful meal. Lots to choose from. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Good for gatheringsFoodie4lifeDined on 10/5/2014If you have difficulty choosing one thing then this is the place for you. The varieties you can have in small plates to taste is astounding and the fact that you can share with your table mates makes it perfect. Give this a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in WorcesterERoseyDined on 10/4/2014I don't think anything could top the tapas menu at Bocado that's within a 25 mile radius of Worcester. This place is spectacular in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HCparentsDined on 10/3/2014Food was great and plentiful. Our group had the tasting menu which can be difficult to have a group agree upon. Our visit was 3+ hours which was too long for us but maybe fine for a group that wantsbto make a night out of the dinner experience. Regardless, there was simply too much time between courses. We will visit again however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bland food. small - even for tapasBmcg87Dined on 10/3/2014I love tapas, but Bocado's plates for the price & quality are too small. I ordered 6 plates of tapas and none of them were memorable or had a lot of favorable. I would not go back. Environment was great. Service was good. But the food was forgettable.Special Features:
- Love Tapas!angeuxbridgeDined on 9/27/2014Went with another couple, we got the tapas for 4. Sooooo much food! We were alll stuffed & had leftovers to take home. Great experience. Excellent way to try different foods. Some of our plates included: rabbit, venison, shrimp cakes. Service was excellent - very friendly & helpful. Food comes out quickly & continously. Def recommend & we will def return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family weekend at Clark UhappyeatingDined on 9/27/2014Bocado was the perfect lively place to come as a group of parents and college students with varying tastes and desires for adventurous eating. There was something for everyone, vegetarian and carnivores alike. They could even honor a gluten free needs. Most of the dishes were delicious. The wait staff was knowledgeable and the sangria was very good. Would definitely come back next time in Worcester. Only criticism...the high cushioned red stools were uncomfortable and too shallow.Special Features:
- Couples night outMGJBDined on 9/23/2014My partner and I went to the Theater and wanted some place nearby to eat before. We really enjoyed the menu and loved the sangria! Timing worked perfect too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not its usualNboroVIPDined on 9/23/2014We dine here often before the theater. As expected, the food was excellent. But this night service was just not up to par. Took forever for drinks to come out and though we explicitly explained to our server that we had to leave 65 minutes after being seated, and ordered accordingly, things just dragged along at the end. Our request seems to have been forgotten and we finally had to ask for our final order, made 20 minutes earlier, to be put in a box. Dunno. Maybe a new server, maybe short on kitchen staff. The place was only half full. Of the food items we had the spicy chicken, and both calamari and squid were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different setting, food and drinkSugarDined on 9/21/2014We were there for a brief family meal. The menu is extensive so we did not know what to order. We did get a good selection and all went home fulfilled.Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014fun, great food, good service--great place to try lots of different flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dcl23VIPDined on 9/20/20144 of us shared the Bocado experience for 4. It was a lot of food! Brought most of the paella home. Hard to remember everything we ordered, but some favorites were the fried goat cheese w/ honey, spicy chicken over polenta, and shrimp "burgers." The house sangria was enjoyed by all.
- Great Special Eventlovebocado2014Dined on 9/19/2014Went for the Flamenco Dancing meal. Reealllllllly good time. An attentive host as usual. Good Service as usual. Good food and drink (My only dislike was Cappaccino and corn encrusted Chicken. It was moist but the coffee coating over powered the flavor of the chicken)> Still love the restaurant!!!!!Special Features:
- Our go-toMazeeDined on 9/13/2014This is our go-to restaurant, because we can always count on excellent food and excellent service, and we always have something we've never tried before. For us, it's never the same place twice. (Although we always start with the fried goat cheese.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy RestaurantGregVIPDined on 9/13/2014I really wanted to rate Bocado higher, but the tapas were only fair. We tried several and found only the Kobe burgers worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corner Local FavoriteAdderley3CVIPDined on 9/9/2014This corner establishment is a favorite around town and the food and beverages match the service as you are always welcomed as you enter (or even valet park the car). The bartenders and wait staff are friendly and folks are willing to share their favorites as you try to decide on what to order, food or drink. Seating is unique and comfy and the evening can be enjoyed at a table or the friendly bar. Always a good time here.Special Features:
- Service was GreatJackEDined on 9/9/2014Can't recall our server's name..but she was great with recomendations and her personality was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniquecml123Dined on 9/9/2014All the food was terrific and portions where plentiful. The one dish that was very dry and needed to be sent back was the paella. But the overall dining was wonderful .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulcml123Dined on 9/8/2014We chose to celebrate my daughters 25th birthday here. The staff was warm, friendly,and engaging. The decor elegant and very comfortable dining, not stuffy at all. Most of the staff appears to live local and invite you not only to the dining experience, but will share a little personal story of their own, I find that delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saturday nightjansanmanDined on 9/6/2014This was my second time here. It was my girlfriend's Bday and we had a great time. The food was great. Friendly and attentive sevice. Nice drinks. We had the dinner for two and by the time the paella came, we were so stuffed. We ended up taking it home and had it for dinner the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menuSwoboatDined on 9/6/2014We chose the tasting menu and were delighted with the variety and flavors. A little too noisy for me but I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didn't disappointPaulalouDined on 9/6/2014Been to Bocado several times, and again was not disappointed. The service is timely and excellent and the variety of tapas certainly has something for everyone. Our only disappointment was the octopus which was flavorless and chewy - if I had to guess it should have braised longer. We tried some tapas we hadn't had before and all were excellent. We had a spicy shredded chicken that was served on polenta, and oxtail pate - very good! The spinach a feta dip was one of the best I have had, along with the toasted pita. The stuffed eggplant was equally tasty. My one complaint remains - the longer you stay, the louder it gets! Becasue of the wood floors and high ceilings the sound just resonates....good for them, but tough for conversation!!Special Features:
- The BestLivetoeatDined on 9/5/2014Bocado is one of best restaurants in the city of Worcester. It has consistently good food and excellent service. Treat yourself to a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CitronomixDined on 9/5/2014Bocado consistently delivers an excellent dining experience. We like to try both standby items like chicken fritters and monthly specials like the grilled asparagus with a fantastic, spicy romesco sauce. Though usually order red wine by the glass, tried the tropical sangria and was not overly fruity. We also appreciate how Brian, our server, checked with the kitchen when there was a noticeable gap (dishes are staggered usually when ordering several tapas together) in between tapas arriving at our table.Special Features:
- Experience para parejacenafueraDined on 9/3/2014This was our first time at Bocado, though we've been to other tapas restaurants. The place has a nice atmosphere and our server was very good. It was a bit noisy as the music was loud at first, then a large party in the other room could be overheard. The food was good--though with the "experience for two" there was far too much of it to eat without a take away container.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adventurous placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Went there for a late dinner on a Saturday. Not as busy as expected. Got the fried goat cheese ( it goes well with wine), duck ( soft but not much favor, rabbit (it was very good than most places), grilled quail ( that was a disappointment, a little on the dry side), and the dates ( biggest disappointment of them all). They forgot to bring out the gamba and it was not even busy but that was okay. Gamba was flavorful but it is better at Tasca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryDined on 8/30/2014We went there with my daughter and her husband. We ordered a lot of different foods we had never tried and all were delicious! The sangria was great, as well.Special Features:
- Not the best visitTapasDelightDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have been to Bocado numerous times and enjoy the food, the wine, the ambiance, etc. Unfortunately, this time we brought 2 friends who had never been and the dinner did not give the impression we had led them to believe. Our server was very nice but as the night went on and he had more tables it was hard for him to give us the attention we needed. We ordered a lot of tapas and there were many lulls between them being brought out as well as no rhyme or reason to which ones were brought out first, second, third, etc. We ended up waiting for food more than receiving it and ended up having to get our dessert to go as we ran out of time. We were sad for our guests as they did not get to enjoy Bocado as we had b4.