Bocado - Worcester
82 Winter Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Bocado - Worcester
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bocadotapasbar.com/
- Phone: (508) 797-1011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Steve Champagne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cava is the function room at Bocado which can accommodate sit down dinner for up to 40 guests and cocktail style party with plated and passed hors d'oeuvres for up to 75 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Deb Covino 5087971011
A word from Bocado - Worcester
Bocado Tapas Wine Bar Modern. Chic, Bold, Sexy Bocado has brought the modern, big city atmosphere to the Worcester dining scene. A journey of tastes and flavor inspired by Mediterranean Cuisine served through a savory mix of tapas plates and extensive wine flights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bocado - Worcester - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Bocado - Worcester reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (134)good for groups (101)special occasion (100)romantic (81)hot spot (70)neighborhood gem (65)notable wine list (65)late-night find (43)vibrant bar scene (40)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- ImpressedAvidRitaDined on 11/16/2014Coming from Boston, needed to find a nice very early dinner spot before a performance at the Hanover Theater, and Bocado looked good on a web search. I noted my time constraints on the OpenTable reservation. We found the restaurant easily, an attractive shop front in an otherwise somewhat spartan neighborhood by an elevated highway, but close to the center. Easy and ample free parking across the street. Greeted warmly by hostess, who noted our time constraints, seated us in an ample booth in a room with the warm feel of an upscale pub. Quiet enough for comfortable conversation. Few diners at our 5pm seating on a Sunday night, but the room gradually was filled by the time we left shortly before 7. Our server was knowledgeable, helpful and very competent. We ordered tapas from the varied menu, and especially enjoyed the grilled octopus, though every item was good, right down to the dessert brownie with ice cream and caramel drizzle, super rich brownie. Food was very good indeed, exceeded expectations (if not quite equal to the extremely high level of Ana Sortun's Sarma restaurant at home). We'd definitely go back again when in Worcester. PS When we got to our show, realized that we had lost a credit card. Quick call to Bocado, they put in a search and called back in minutes. Held the card until after our late show finish. Very helpful indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No good for groups.MiguelDined on 11/14/2014They forgot dishes we ordered, we waited for drinks. Very disappointed. I had been before with a party if 2 and things were fine. Above 8 and forget about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeFoodie4lifeDined on 11/14/2014It was our first time at Bocado and we absolutley loved it. It was a homerun in all areas! We will go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An incredible food experience!charliejosephjohnsonjrDined on 11/10/2014I took my wife for our 18th anniversary and we were overjoyed with our experience. Our waiter Mike gave us his full attention throughout our dining. He welcomed us and took time to explain how to navigate the large menu. We had the dinner for two. Each item was timed perfectly from one amazing dish to the next. The fried goat cheese, rabbit, duck, and tuna were each amazingly presented and tasted faboulous. The paella was enormous and we were forced to bring some home as we got full. But we managed to eat the warm churros and chocolate sauce. We forgot our leftovers as we were driving away Mike our waiter came running out with it. Did I mention how great the service was. You will not be disappointed, can'twait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bonnieDined on 11/8/2014loved it. We are from out of town. We were very happy with our choice and wish they were here where we live.Special Features:
- Above and beyond most tapas barsJoeSixPackDined on 11/8/2014Although one can enjoy some drinks (a pitcher of house sangria - delicious!) and tapas relatively cheaply (excellent calamari and short ribs!) I splurged for the $75 special which included the paella dinner and dessert. Simply one of the tastiest paella's I've ever had. This is the first tapas bar I've left with SO many leftovers - but they were too good to leave behind (by the time the paella got there we were already stuffed!). Just an excellent dinner and a nice setting, friendly service all making for a perfect first date. Thank you Bocado!Special Features:
- LotsaappysSchulta42Dined on 11/8/2014Very good experience, noise level a little too high, not a place for a quiet romantic evening. Food is pretty good, although very few food items made my taste buds do the happy dance. I do like the idea of the game foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night at BocadosuburbguyDined on 11/7/2014Tapas plates were all good as was the cheese and meat but the paella (big plate) was bland, supposed to have chicken, duck, veal and sausage it was mostly sausage, left very full after getting the Bocado Experience. Small pricey drinks and weak Spanish draft added to the bill $130 for 2.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014I took my parents here. Everything we had was wonderful. The salmon plata was amazing.Special Features:
- Great SamplesSchulta42Dined on 11/1/2014Great Tapas bar. Service was very attentive and helpful. One downside tables are very close together. Great wine list! Much to choose from! Great experience for foods that you normally would not find elsewhere. Great restaurant for those willing to experiment!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/30/2014This was a lovely evening, made all the more enjoyable through the delicious and mostly authentic tapas and the truly excellent service. Our European guests enjoyed it immensely. Thank you! SunHee Kim GertzSpecial Features:
- Great atmosphere; food less soOrtepBADined on 10/26/2014The older brick building is warm and cozy and service was great -- personable and attentive. We ordered a selection of items from the Tapas and Charcuteria y Queso menus and found some to be good, while others were disappointing. The fried goat cheese and duck breast items were delicious (would definitely get again), but the ENSALADA DE MADELENA salad highly-touted by our waiter turned out to be a very basic garden salad with tasteless tomatoes. Similarly, the lollipop lamb chops lacked flavor. If you know your way around the ample menu choices, you may know what to select and what to avoid -- otherwise, I'd be somewhat hesitant to recommend this restaurant to anyone new because of the inconsistency in flavor appeal we encountered.Special Features:
- GREATDrinkingDrinksVIPDined on 10/25/2014Bocado is ALWAYS a favorite and has been for years .... service is good drinks are good sangria is great. An overall 5 star experience to my liking everytime.Special Features:
- Great Place for a DateGlutenFreeDadDined on 10/24/2014Very nice!! The tapas plates was a great way to share food with someone I love. And the ambiance was really nice. Our waiter was very kind and helpful. This is clearly a very well run restaurant. The sangria and the wine were good too. ;)Special Features:
- Return to this spotTru2BluesDined on 10/24/2014Very nice experience. Helpful and attentive servers. Always amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roseDined on 10/24/2014Overall a great restaurant. The food was delicious and the concept perfect. The server (Bryan?) was knowledgeable, fast and advised us well. We will be back.
- Love It! Unique dining experience.BeccaDined on 10/23/2014Great tapas! Fun, welcoming place with wonderful service. Even the most novice of tapas eaters should not be afraid as the waitstaff is more than happy to guide you through the menu. We've had an excellent dining experience each time we have gone.Special Features:
- My favorite!italianfoodyDined on 10/18/2014This was my second time dining here in a week. I love it every time and can't wait to see what's new on the menu for tapas and sangrias. This was the second time bringing my husband along. We had the same waiter - Louis. He was exceptional! One of my favorite things about this place is that every waiter and waitress I've ever had was excellent. The food is consistently delicious. The sangria alone is worth the trip along with the fried goat cheese! I try to order at least one or two different items on the tapas menu each time and I'm never disappointed. This restaurant is one of a kind and I will keep coming back!Special Features:
- Never pick just one item againsoofleDined on 10/18/2014This was not my first visit to Bocado, nor my first meal at a tapas bar, but I'm still impressed every time I come here. Though typically busy and noisy (not really a good place to go for a quiet romantic meal) the food here is fantastic and the service has always been great. The best part about tapas is not having to decide between several menu items that all sound good, order them all! The arrangement works fine for couples but it's best enjoyed with groups of 4 or more. Pick lots of different items and share around the table. The wine list could benefit from a bit more detailed descriptions to help with selection but the wait and bar staff have a good handle on each bottle's characteristicsSpecial Features:
- Tasty.EatieVIPDined on 10/18/2014I wasn't sure whether I was in the mood for Tapos but after my first entrée I was glad I came. My only regret was that I couldn't finish everything. The staff was very helpful with suggestions and I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bocado WorcesterCTDinerDined on 10/17/2014Everything we had for our Bocado Experience was great...right up to the Paella. The meat and cheese board with sliced smoked duck was excellent. We had 4 tapas plates, each one was delicious. The Paella was a big disappointment. The dish lacked flavor and and could have used more salt. The waiter was really great and explained quite a bit about the menu and recommended about 80% of what we should get. Next time we will go with some suggestions and explore our own. The sangria was as described...really great.Special Features:
- Fantastic as usualJCC3Dined on 10/17/2014The food continually amazes me every time I go here. The shrimp burgers are divine. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. Bocado is a treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasteeSwiftecITVIPDined on 10/14/2014very tastee, flavorful. the baked goat cheese was amazing, as was the vegetable terrine (sp?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We had the "all inclusive " special for 4 people. It was absolutely amazing.Special Features:
- flavorful and funOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Lots of distinct flavors, a huge variety of choices. For us to have created a meal with this many flavorful dishes, we would have spent all day in the kitchen. Service was prompt and attentive.Special Features:
- Saturday night out.runfastnowDined on 10/11/2014The food, drinks, and service was excellent! Unfortunately our dining partners were about 20 minutes late. However, the waiter was pleasant and positive. We know that service are dependent on table turnaround, but he was very, very good. Food and drinks were delivered in a timely manner. We never waited for anything. The waiter would check in with us just enough so as not to be a pain. We eat here a few times a month. Always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tapasRCMboVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great tapas place. They are also going to be expanding to Wellesley. Good selection, service was pretty good. Very easy to get to from I-290Special Features:
- A must try!FunFridayDined on 10/10/2014Such a different experience in food from the norm. Pricey, we always spend $150 for the two of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, intimateDougDined on 10/7/2014Had a wonderful meal. Lots to choose from. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Good for gatheringsFoodie4lifeDined on 10/5/2014If you have difficulty choosing one thing then this is the place for you. The varieties you can have in small plates to taste is astounding and the fact that you can share with your table mates makes it perfect. Give this a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in WorcesterERoseyDined on 10/4/2014I don't think anything could top the tapas menu at Bocado that's within a 25 mile radius of Worcester. This place is spectacular in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HCparentsDined on 10/3/2014Food was great and plentiful. Our group had the tasting menu which can be difficult to have a group agree upon. Our visit was 3+ hours which was too long for us but maybe fine for a group that wantsbto make a night out of the dinner experience. Regardless, there was simply too much time between courses. We will visit again however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bland food. small - even for tapasBmcg87Dined on 10/3/2014I love tapas, but Bocado's plates for the price & quality are too small. I ordered 6 plates of tapas and none of them were memorable or had a lot of favorable. I would not go back. Environment was great. Service was good. But the food was forgettable.Special Features:
- Love Tapas!angeuxbridgeDined on 9/27/2014Went with another couple, we got the tapas for 4. Sooooo much food! We were alll stuffed & had leftovers to take home. Great experience. Excellent way to try different foods. Some of our plates included: rabbit, venison, shrimp cakes. Service was excellent - very friendly & helpful. Food comes out quickly & continously. Def recommend & we will def return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family weekend at Clark UhappyeatingDined on 9/27/2014Bocado was the perfect lively place to come as a group of parents and college students with varying tastes and desires for adventurous eating. There was something for everyone, vegetarian and carnivores alike. They could even honor a gluten free needs. Most of the dishes were delicious. The wait staff was knowledgeable and the sangria was very good. Would definitely come back next time in Worcester. Only criticism...the high cushioned red stools were uncomfortable and too shallow.Special Features:
- Couples night outMGJBDined on 9/23/2014My partner and I went to the Theater and wanted some place nearby to eat before. We really enjoyed the menu and loved the sangria! Timing worked perfect too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not its usualNboroVIPDined on 9/23/2014We dine here often before the theater. As expected, the food was excellent. But this night service was just not up to par. Took forever for drinks to come out and though we explicitly explained to our server that we had to leave 65 minutes after being seated, and ordered accordingly, things just dragged along at the end. Our request seems to have been forgotten and we finally had to ask for our final order, made 20 minutes earlier, to be put in a box. Dunno. Maybe a new server, maybe short on kitchen staff. The place was only half full. Of the food items we had the spicy chicken, and both calamari and squid were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different setting, food and drinkSugarDined on 9/21/2014We were there for a brief family meal. The menu is extensive so we did not know what to order. We did get a good selection and all went home fulfilled.Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014fun, great food, good service--great place to try lots of different flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dcl23VIPDined on 9/20/20144 of us shared the Bocado experience for 4. It was a lot of food! Brought most of the paella home. Hard to remember everything we ordered, but some favorites were the fried goat cheese w/ honey, spicy chicken over polenta, and shrimp "burgers." The house sangria was enjoyed by all.