901 W. Platt Street
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bocatampa.com/
- Phone: 8132547070x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm -11:00pm, Bar 4:00pm-12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -12:00am, Bar 4:00pm -1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jessica Wafford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events:
A word from Boca
Seasonal fresh ingredients from local growers served in a cozy and comfortable neoghborhood ambience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Boca - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Boca reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (68)great for lunch (40)great for brunch (34)special occasion (29)good for groups (26)great for outdoor dining (24)hot spot (24)romantic (15)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always an 'almost'VerySatisfiedDinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014We do not dine at Boca frequently. Why? For all the same reasons that happen EVERY time we eat there. Friday night dinner, 9pm. The usual noise level (loud), but when I asked about opening the windows behind our table (which would cool the space and let sound out) I got....absolutely no response. A nearly 10-min wait for a server to appear at our table to ask about drinks. Drinks came on time, as did salads and dinner. An excellent meal (the food)--although the table sitting next to us had waited SO LONG for their entrees that their dinner had to be comped. Same thing with us: I asked for a beer with dinner, it came after I was done--and the server blamed the bartender. (I watched---the order never went in). Boca is good. But never great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A improved experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The food was great and the staff was very friendly. The only problem was that it took 45 min to be served, but the manager apologized and brought us a free appetizer because we were "nice."Special Features:
- Wonderful!everydreamerDined on 10/15/2014First time eating here. Won't be the last. Food was wonderful. Not a huge menu, but nice variety. Our server was great. Good portions; not looking for something to eat after you leave. Prices very reasonable for quality of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very slow servicebasaltmarkDined on 10/11/2014If you have the time, this place is great. We had a variety of items but because of the slow service, the end of the meal dragged on and on. We sat outside and the temp was fine. We turned off the fan that was creating a small Cat 3 hurricane and it was much better. The music was a bit loud but inside was even louder....cement floors and bare walls and ceilings with lots of people.Special Features:
- Consistently OutstandingPGatorDined on 10/10/2014Arguable my favorite place to eat in Tampa. The food is outstanding form the more complex dishes to the simplest (their burger is one of the best). Service is great. We are not regulars by any extent, but have been there enough that some of the staff know us. Had a waiter, who was not serving us but recognized us, stop by our table to say hello and ask how are meal was.Special Features:
- delish and innovativenjoysthebestDined on 10/6/2014We went to Boca on the recommendtion by my youngest daughter...I am so glad that we did!!! The menu was certainly innovative with fresh foods and ideas...ie: food from the wall ( you have to go see to understand). None of our dishes were kept warm by microwave or lamps...all hot and all fresh and VERY delicious. We were allowed to dine as opposed to just eating out...no rushed feeling at all !! Our waitress was a delight and very knowledgeable and accomodating...she should get a raise!! We have certainly found a new restaurant to add to our list of favorites... bon apetiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the WallOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014Boca is our favorite South Tampa restaurant. We love the "off the wall" menu, we always split the Bibb salad. I ordered the staff meal this last visit and the duck was delicious....cooked perfectly! My husband had the short ribs and he said they were delicious. We've never been disappointed, it's our "go to" place with business clients and guests.Special Features:
- Lunch with friendLunchladyDined on 9/25/2014A friend recommended Boca so I took a good friend there to celebrate her birthday one afternoon. Our waitress was excellent. Attentive and well versed on the menu. My friend had flatbread which was awesome and I had the fish of the day, hogfish prepared perfectly. Our waitress was quick to help with a dietary substitution. Everything was well prepared and presented beautifully. We'll be back with our husbands.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014My husband and I make the drive to Boca from Pinellas just for the brunch. The brunch is incredible, and I love how fresh everything is! We even took my very hard to please father-in-law there, and he liked it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food service needs workJBTOpenTableDined on 9/20/2014We dined on Saturday as a group of four. First we had to wait even though we had a reservation because they said our table wasn't ready even though there were open tables. We had a drink at the bar where they have some good house crafted cocktails. When we were seated we shared a couple of appetizers . One had unripe red tomatoes on a burata caprese. When we brought it to the server's attention he said that was the way the chef preferred his tomatoes. He later came back admitted he was incorrect but never offered to remove from our bill. Additionally! The entrees were brought while we're still enjoying our appetizers. The sausage flatbread pizza was very good. The short rib was excellent. The redfish was solid. The wine selection is solidSpecial Features:
- Yum!RefineryVIPDined on 9/20/2014Boca is always so great for brunch or dinner. It's a favorite among friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, amazing food in SoHoJeremyDined on 9/16/2014Went with a business group of 6 and had an incredible meal and experience. Amy was our server and was both knowledgeable and patient with our group. They have daily drink and entree of the day that we got and were both great as well. Highly recommend that if you are in the SoHo area you check them out!Special Features:
- BocaCostelloDined on 9/15/2014It was great! Mel was a great server and Dawn is always such a kind manager. The catch if the day was light and flavorful. The fried green tomatoes are delish! The cocktails are fun. Went here with a few girlfriends and had a nice personal dinner with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceLuvmyfoodDined on 9/14/2014My first visit left a good impression, except for the slow service. The waiter was exceptional and engaging, the problem was getting your food quick and hot, it seems they have not mastered how to serve quickly during peak hours. I was a party of one and the table with 5 or 6 people around me were served first and quicker. My food, although good, arrived cold but I was too hungry to send it back. If I go back I will try to go with a group, maybe then I will get my food hot and quicker service.Special Features:
- Great all around menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014We have been coming to Boca for the past couple years, but usually for dinner. Their brunch was delicious and unique. It was well presented and great flavors. Looking forward to trying the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Loved It For LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Carmen waited on our Lunch Bunch group Friday afternoon and she was wonderful. Patient, funny and helpful with menu questions, she made the experience memorable. The restaurant was busy yet the service was quick and food was terrific. It's a bit noisy for conversation with a group, but that's not uncommon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites in dowtownGreekDined on 9/9/2014We live in the dowtown area and Boca along with only a few other restaurants stands out. My friend and I met there for lunch and although we both ordered the soup of the day and salad, we loved it! Everything was FRESH and tasty. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca'sChica2uDined on 8/29/2014Our server Melissa was great! Made our night at Boca's despite the fact she was from Boston lol food was delicious & the bloody Mary's were over the top with veggies & taste. Shrimp & grits had such great flavor, I couldn't stop eating it even though my stomach was telling me otherwise. Valet guy Cason is a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Too ShabbyBaha78VIPDined on 8/27/2014Very relaxed/casual feeling to the place. The food is really good and they have a little bit of everything. The specialty drinks are fun and imaginative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed in the sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014The server was energetic and the place was loud. Most of the food was amazing but the grilled cheese was a huge let down.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Love the farm to table concept. Good food, good service, nothing outstanding. Very loud and we were seated far away from bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodBruceTampaVIPDined on 8/23/2014It always good when the food exceeds the description on the menu, and it does!Special Features:
- Another Home Run!FoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014We eat at Boca as often as possible when we're in Tampa and this time did not disappoint either. Not only was the food incredible, but we had Nicholas as our server this time and he only enhanced anincredible meal and a wonderful atmosphere with his great personality and sense of humor (which is important to us because we LOVE to laugh).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but deliciousKimFLDined on 8/21/2014I've only ever been here for lunch and always enjoy a NorCal Flatbread. I've gone with friends who have tried different items on the menu and everyone always enjoys the food here. The service is good, food is delicious and reasonably priced, but the noise level in the restaurant is loud. I'm not generally sensitive to sound but if you had a large group you would never be able to hear each other at opposite ends of the table. Even at a table for two you have to speak louder than usual. Also, there is a portable AC unit in the entryway which helps when you're standing right in front of it, other then that, it is warm. None of my gripes are enough to deter me from going, but there are some areas for improvement.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014just one thing- it was HOT!!!!! It was almost too hot to dine...
- Extremely PositiveJZWPDined on 8/20/2014I regularly bring “out-of-towners” to Boca for either lunch or dinner. The feedback from my guests has always been extremely positive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food w/a local flair!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Great food w/a local flair! Love that they grow their own herbs and veggiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodiefinds1Dined on 8/10/2014This place is a little hidden gem. The food was prepared beautifully and very fresh. The shrimp and grits are Delish! Very bright and open. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAnnieDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great menu (something for everyone) and a fun atmosphere! What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Gone downhill...DateNightDuoVIPDined on 8/8/2014For the price, there are better restaurants in Tampa. Food is great, service is horrible. I remember when you couldn't get into Boca - now, it's pretty empty for 7 pm on a Friday night, and I see why. We got there early to get a drink at the bar, which took a good 25 minutes before we each had our drinks. After we took our dining seats, the waiter was dripping with sweat, to the point where while reading the specials he wiped his head with a towel. We had the cheese & charcuterie plate, which was excellent. the waiter dropped the honey on the ground and had to get a new one. then our meals came before we were even done with it. our dinners ended up sitting for 15 minutes while we finished the plate. Disappointing, we won't go back.
- DanielleJZWPDined on 8/5/2014Danielle's service was outstanding - topped off a great dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014Executive Chef Viet Vo has made Boca an even better dining experience. The food was simply amazing, fresh, and high quality. It's definitely where to go for a wonderful, gourmet dining experience, while maintaining the ingredients you would buy to cook for your own family. Everyone was very friendly and we had a perfect evening. The manager and Chef Vo even came by a couple times to ensure everything was to our satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious birthday dinnerKevinBaconAndBourbonDined on 8/2/2014I decided to try out Boca for my birthday dinner with a group of friends. I was impressed with the cocktail list and ordered the refreshing Southern Royale. There's also plenty of craft beer to choose from which gives Boca more brownie points. My entree was the grilled cobia over an arugula salad. The cobia was cooked to perfection and enjoyed the hints of smokiness. I tried a bite of the Norcal flat bread with pomegranate syrup and the shrimp and grits my friends had ordered. The caprese salad had this melt in your mouth mozzarella. All these dishes were praise worthy. I'll definitely be back with friends or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca Over Delivered on Food QualityBoca1Dined on 7/31/2014Great experience. Was overimpressed by the food. Flat bread was amazing. Chopped salad was killer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!TampaFoodieDined on 7/30/2014Food is always fresh and delicious. Very accommodating to menu changes...I dined with two vegetarians and the kitchen was very good about their special requests. Owner came by twice to see how our meal was. Never had a bad meal there! Though a little pricey, well worth it!Special Features:
- JerryD55Dined on 7/26/2014Food was good. Service, starting with the bartenders who seemed inattentive and distracted, did not match the food. One major pet peeve I have is when I am in the middle of a conversation why do wait staff feel it is okay to just cut in and ask questions? It happened when the manager came over. He just interrupted us and didn't seem to notice I was in the middle talking about something.Special Features:
- CrystalDined on 7/25/2014We absolutely love the fresh food, and your fun knowledgeable servers!!! Overall our dining experience was wonderful!! We truly love the "farm to table concept" that Boca brings to ourcommunity :-)!! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Chef!DanGatorVIPDined on 7/25/2014We returned to Boca after 2 months and having been frequent diners. Our last visit had been so bad, we were comped the meal. We tried Boca again and the meal was fantastic! The best of many good ones we have had there. We met the new chef who was very creative and friendly and the food was to die for. Nicholas is a fantastic waiter and I highly recommend Boca again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Noisy and cramped. Food was OK but nothing special.
- Too LOUD!JellybeanDined on 7/22/2014I could only hear the person beside me. It is so loud and I'm not sure why. We were even sitting in the back part off the main dining and it wasn't busy when we first arrived. It really completely defeated the purpose of having dinner with my friends. I actually think they were upset with me for picking a place that was so loud. The food is good though. I usually sit at the bar with my husband...which makes it just fine that I can only hear the person beside me ;-)Special Features: