901 W. Platt Street
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bocatampa.com/
- Phone: 8132547070x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm -11:00pm, Bar 4:00pm-12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -12:00am, Bar 4:00pm -1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jessica Wafford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events:
A word from Boca
Seasonal fresh ingredients from local growers served in a cozy and comfortable neoghborhood ambience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Boca - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Boca reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)neighborhood gem (74)great for lunch (45)great for brunch (39)special occasion (34)good for groups (33)hot spot (28)great for outdoor dining (24)romantic (16)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (13)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fresh, amazing food in SoHoJeremyDined on 9/16/2014Went with a business group of 6 and had an incredible meal and experience. Amy was our server and was both knowledgeable and patient with our group. They have daily drink and entree of the day that we got and were both great as well. Highly recommend that if you are in the SoHo area you check them out!Special Features:
- BocaCostelloDined on 9/15/2014It was great! Mel was a great server and Dawn is always such a kind manager. The catch if the day was light and flavorful. The fried green tomatoes are delish! The cocktails are fun. Went here with a few girlfriends and had a nice personal dinner with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceLuvmyfoodDined on 9/14/2014My first visit left a good impression, except for the slow service. The waiter was exceptional and engaging, the problem was getting your food quick and hot, it seems they have not mastered how to serve quickly during peak hours. I was a party of one and the table with 5 or 6 people around me were served first and quicker. My food, although good, arrived cold but I was too hungry to send it back. If I go back I will try to go with a group, maybe then I will get my food hot and quicker service.Special Features:
- Great all around menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014We have been coming to Boca for the past couple years, but usually for dinner. Their brunch was delicious and unique. It was well presented and great flavors. Looking forward to trying the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Loved It For LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Carmen waited on our Lunch Bunch group Friday afternoon and she was wonderful. Patient, funny and helpful with menu questions, she made the experience memorable. The restaurant was busy yet the service was quick and food was terrific. It's a bit noisy for conversation with a group, but that's not uncommon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites in dowtownGreekDined on 9/9/2014We live in the dowtown area and Boca along with only a few other restaurants stands out. My friend and I met there for lunch and although we both ordered the soup of the day and salad, we loved it! Everything was FRESH and tasty. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca'sChica2uDined on 8/29/2014Our server Melissa was great! Made our night at Boca's despite the fact she was from Boston lol food was delicious & the bloody Mary's were over the top with veggies & taste. Shrimp & grits had such great flavor, I couldn't stop eating it even though my stomach was telling me otherwise. Valet guy Cason is a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Too ShabbyBaha78VIPDined on 8/27/2014Very relaxed/casual feeling to the place. The food is really good and they have a little bit of everything. The specialty drinks are fun and imaginative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed in the sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014The server was energetic and the place was loud. Most of the food was amazing but the grilled cheese was a huge let down.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Love the farm to table concept. Good food, good service, nothing outstanding. Very loud and we were seated far away from bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodBruceTampaVIPDined on 8/23/2014It always good when the food exceeds the description on the menu, and it does!Special Features:
- Another Home Run!FoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014We eat at Boca as often as possible when we're in Tampa and this time did not disappoint either. Not only was the food incredible, but we had Nicholas as our server this time and he only enhanced anincredible meal and a wonderful atmosphere with his great personality and sense of humor (which is important to us because we LOVE to laugh).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but deliciousKimFLDined on 8/21/2014I've only ever been here for lunch and always enjoy a NorCal Flatbread. I've gone with friends who have tried different items on the menu and everyone always enjoys the food here. The service is good, food is delicious and reasonably priced, but the noise level in the restaurant is loud. I'm not generally sensitive to sound but if you had a large group you would never be able to hear each other at opposite ends of the table. Even at a table for two you have to speak louder than usual. Also, there is a portable AC unit in the entryway which helps when you're standing right in front of it, other then that, it is warm. None of my gripes are enough to deter me from going, but there are some areas for improvement.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014just one thing- it was HOT!!!!! It was almost too hot to dine...
- Extremely PositiveJZWPDined on 8/20/2014I regularly bring “out-of-towners” to Boca for either lunch or dinner. The feedback from my guests has always been extremely positive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodiefinds1Dined on 8/10/2014This place is a little hidden gem. The food was prepared beautifully and very fresh. The shrimp and grits are Delish! Very bright and open. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAnnieDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great menu (something for everyone) and a fun atmosphere! What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Gone downhill...DateNightDuoDined on 8/8/2014For the price, there are better restaurants in Tampa. Food is great, service is horrible. I remember when you couldn't get into Boca - now, it's pretty empty for 7 pm on a Friday night, and I see why. We got there early to get a drink at the bar, which took a good 25 minutes before we each had our drinks. After we took our dining seats, the waiter was dripping with sweat, to the point where while reading the specials he wiped his head with a towel. We had the cheese & charcuterie plate, which was excellent. the waiter dropped the honey on the ground and had to get a new one. then our meals came before we were even done with it. our dinners ended up sitting for 15 minutes while we finished the plate. Disappointing, we won't go back.
- DanielleJZWPDined on 8/5/2014Danielle's service was outstanding - topped off a great dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014Executive Chef Viet Vo has made Boca an even better dining experience. The food was simply amazing, fresh, and high quality. It's definitely where to go for a wonderful, gourmet dining experience, while maintaining the ingredients you would buy to cook for your own family. Everyone was very friendly and we had a perfect evening. The manager and Chef Vo even came by a couple times to ensure everything was to our satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious birthday dinnerKevinBaconAndBourbonDined on 8/2/2014I decided to try out Boca for my birthday dinner with a group of friends. I was impressed with the cocktail list and ordered the refreshing Southern Royale. There's also plenty of craft beer to choose from which gives Boca more brownie points. My entree was the grilled cobia over an arugula salad. The cobia was cooked to perfection and enjoyed the hints of smokiness. I tried a bite of the Norcal flat bread with pomegranate syrup and the shrimp and grits my friends had ordered. The caprese salad had this melt in your mouth mozzarella. All these dishes were praise worthy. I'll definitely be back with friends or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca Over Delivered on Food QualityBoca1Dined on 7/31/2014Great experience. Was overimpressed by the food. Flat bread was amazing. Chopped salad was killer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!TampaFoodieDined on 7/30/2014Food is always fresh and delicious. Very accommodating to menu changes...I dined with two vegetarians and the kitchen was very good about their special requests. Owner came by twice to see how our meal was. Never had a bad meal there! Though a little pricey, well worth it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Food was good. Service, starting with the bartenders who seemed inattentive and distracted, did not match the food. One major pet peeve I have is when I am in the middle of a conversation why do wait staff feel it is okay to just cut in and ask questions? It happened when the manager came over. He just interrupted us and didn't seem to notice I was in the middle talking about something.Special Features:
- CrystalDined on 7/25/2014We absolutely love the fresh food, and your fun knowledgeable servers!!! Overall our dining experience was wonderful!! We truly love the "farm to table concept" that Boca brings to ourcommunity :-)!! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Chef!DanGatorVIPDined on 7/25/2014We returned to Boca after 2 months and having been frequent diners. Our last visit had been so bad, we were comped the meal. We tried Boca again and the meal was fantastic! The best of many good ones we have had there. We met the new chef who was very creative and friendly and the food was to die for. Nicholas is a fantastic waiter and I highly recommend Boca again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Noisy and cramped. Food was OK but nothing special.
- Too LOUD!JellybeanDined on 7/22/2014I could only hear the person beside me. It is so loud and I'm not sure why. We were even sitting in the back part off the main dining and it wasn't busy when we first arrived. It really completely defeated the purpose of having dinner with my friends. I actually think they were upset with me for picking a place that was so loud. The food is good though. I usually sit at the bar with my husband...which makes it just fine that I can only hear the person beside me ;-)Special Features:
- Always A Hit ~ Never A MissFoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014As always, we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner this trip. We're not meat eaters, so we look forward to the seafood and poultry dishes on the menu. The spicy scallop and shrimp dish was particularly good and we hope that it's on the menu the next time we're there.Special Features:
- Disappointed AgainFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014The first time we went to Boca we did not care for it. So we tried it again and it was worse. There were 4 of us and 3 people ordered hamburgers. Two were prepared incorrectly and one was burned. All 3 sent back. I ordered a flatbread (pizza) and the menu said it had goat cheese mornay. I asked the waiter what mornay was. He did not know. He thought a cream sauce. Pizza was dry and no signs of goat cheese. Food was terrible and service bad (except manager did try to make it better). Too many people crammed in a small restaurant. It reminds of me of the tight seating on an airplane. I will not go back. Too many better places.
- Delicious week night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014I had the spiced shrimp and scallops, my husband had the staff plate which included short ribs, and my daughter had the special fish, wahoo that night. The fish was slightly overdone to her tastes but all was eaten. All else was prfection. Owner/manager? came over and chatted with us after our meal. Took the fish comment well and explained how tricky it is to cook over a wood fired grille. Also how they are punching up the menu after relying for a few years on what he termed comfort food. My second visit- will definitely return!Special Features:
- New Twist on Normal Foodsluv2eatmDined on 7/13/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast BLT served on grilled white bread (not supermarket white) with a fried egg and avocado mayonnaise spread. The grits with beef an other wonderful flavorings was a hit. We also shared a bowl of the bean soup which was hearty and delicious. We will definitely return soon either for brunch or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh!JenniferDDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I make it to Tampa about once a month for a hot date... two kids under two. We love the eclectic food at Fly Bar in downtown and this food sounded similar. We tried it. We ordered a random assortment since soo many items on the menu sounded good. The caprese salad was the best thing we had. We also ordered drinks, the shrimp and grits, swine flatbread, and brussel sprout hash. All items that should have been amazing, but the flatbread was almost not edible it was soo greasy. Literally grease was running off the cutting board onto our table. The brussel sprouts were also heavy on the oil. The shrimp and grits were ok, but not anything special. I will not go back compared to the other options in Tampa.Special Features:
- Awesome food and service!jwsjDined on 7/11/2014This was my second time to Boca and I have to say, I wasn't disappointed. The service was awesome and the food even better! Excellent lunch crowd and great place to catch up with a friend or client. I would highly recommend this place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrendous ServiceCanegirlVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had brunch this weekend & will likely not return. We were greeted by a hostess who said that the wait was 45 mins & didn't mention that there was an option to be seated right away on the patio. I ordered French toast - per the menu, comes w/maple syrup (duh). My order was dropped off w/no syrup so I asked her "doesn't it come with maple syrup?" she said "I can get you some if you want". Ok. She then drops off HONEY. I'm allergic & luckily noticed. When I told her, she responded "yeah we ran out of syrup so I brought you honey" I tried to eat the dry bread & didn't get far. The manager later came over w/a half empty mimosa & joked about sending someone to buy syrup.They CHARGED us for the French toast.I was stunned.It was inedible.
- Brunch is a huge win...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/6/2014We have been to Boca for dinner a few times but just recently went for brunch. What a great menu! The food was fantastic, and we were only dispoointed we couldn't try everything!Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceHealthyFoodieDined on 7/6/2014We love Boca, been there for drinks and dinner, but this was our first time having brunch and we LOVED it. We got right in with our Open Table reservation, had wonderful service and the food was outstanding. We highly recommend this spot for all times of day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never even got a drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014After rav reviews from friends I was excited to try Boca. We sat there after being seated for 15 min or maybe longer...because in the process we started to look up a better local restaurant. I was waiting patiently to be brought a glass of water or have our drink order taken. We watched server after server pass our table. One server even visited the table next to us 5 times and never asked if we needed help. We started to feel uncomfortable, like we we deliberately being ignored, so then we decided not even to ask for help and officially leave.
- Consistently great!StantampaDined on 6/28/2014I have never had a bad meal here. They have the best Sunday brunch and town. Always great service and excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Served a raw burger, when i I told server his only response was "how did you want it cooked?" In a very condescending manor.