114 E. 6th St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bocacincinnati.com/
- Phone: 5135422022
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Tuesday- 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Wednesday - 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Thursday - 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Friday - 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Saturday- 5:00pm to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Lieb
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Between Main and Walnut
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: BOCA offers valet parking directly in front of our restaurant. There is street parking on 6th street east of the restaurant and on Main street. There are lots available on Walnut just south of 6th street on both the east and west sides of the street.
A word from BOCA
Boca is Chef David Falk's ode to Europe. It is a one of a kind dining experience marrying world-class, chef driven cuisine with gracious service at an affordable price point. Boca's design couples contemporary european and american stylings with touches of rusticity in an airy urban space. The elegant and inviting surroundings welcome guests for an afternoon cocktail, a small bite before a great show at nearby theaters, a casual dinner with friends, or a luxurious night out in Cincinnati.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
BOCA reviews from OpenTable diners
343 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (287)fit for foodies (252)romantic (213)notable wine list (167)hot spot (112)good for groups (64)neighborhood gem (59)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (18)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Happy BirthdayLDLottsVIPDined on 8/18/2014We went to celebrate my birthday and it was the perfect place to end my week of food adventures. The service was exceptional. The food outstanding. We will be going back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJamieDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Boca many times which is why we decided to come back to celebrate our Anniversary Dinner. It was perfect like every other time. We will be back to celebrate many anniversary's and the occasional night out. You must order the pommes soufflés. MUST. Don't forget to try tasting sizes of many dishes and share. It is well worth it to taste the entire menuSpecial Features:
- Good time, high priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014BOCA was fun and good. The menu is fresh and the food is very well prepared. Our service was fantastic. That said, with drinks included, our party of four had a bill of just over $400. We had a great time and consider it money well spent for the evening. But, we could also have had multiple good nights out too in downtown for the same price. While the food was good, I'm not sure we thought it was that over-the-top exceptional. BOCA is definitely a Cincinnati hit. It was packed and had a solid atmosphere for a Saturday night. Good to see that area of town thriving. We considered it a special night out and will continue our tour of downtown establishments to end the best the city has to offer.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014This was possibly the best dinner I have ever had. The Amish Chicken was incredible. Our waitress Jennifer was knowledgeable about the menu, personable and professional. We would not hesitate to eat there again.Special Features:
- Lives Up to the HypeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014This was our first time at Boca, after hearing about it for ages. We made a reservation on whim and were able to get in. The ambiance is perfect - glamorous & chic without being cold/stuffy. The inviting, warm space encourages you to get comfortable for your dining experience - and what an experience it is. From the first craft cocktail (get the Whiskey Smash or the Tabernacle Crush) to the final bite of dessert (The Candy Bar is to DIE for) everything was outstanding. The Brussels sprouts, Seafood Risotto and Filet Boca were the stand outs for me. I'd recommend ordering several tasting portions, which allows you to try more of the menu options. It is definitely worth the splurge for an evening out!Special Features:
- AnnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We did the three course (salad, pasta, main) with small portions. Excellent. House wine (also served at French Laundry, CA) was very nice. Service was exceptionally good.Special Features:
- High IntensitydinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our family of four was looking forward to a Friday night 17th birthday evening to unwind and sample some interesting cuisine. We each sampled 4 dishes. Presentation and flavor on the fish and meat dishes was good - filet, pork and two fishes. They were cooked exactly as ordered. The salads of Brussels sprouts and beets were also well prepared. Pastas were overly-salted, partially due to the use of very salty grated cheese garnishes. All dishes were salty to the point of being unnecessary. There was already sea salt table side. The noise level by 8:30 was very intense. Despite requesting a quiet table, we were no longer able to talk without shouting. Understand casual dining but all of the hard surfaces render the room quite unpleasant.
- Always DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2014Every time we go to BOCA, it delivers. Food is exceptional and service is attentive yet unobtrusive. Try one of their specialty cocktails to start the evening - they are creative and tasty. The classics from the Oakley location remain (brussels sprouts, grilled Romaine, Branzino) and I love that they now offer tasting sizes of pasta and a few entrees, which allow you to try more of the high-quality deliciousness. Some recommendations: Sweet Corn Agnolotti (I could eat this for dessert!), Pommes Souffles (just order these!), and Beef Wellington. BOCA is always high-energy and fancy without being full of itself. all the little details are taken care of and it makes for a wonderful night out with friends and loved ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in cincinnatiNHolderDined on 8/14/2014Great food and great service - Taster size portions perfectly cooked mini meals - Foodie HeavenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!PhillipDined on 8/13/2014Best upscale meal in Cincinnati. Top notch service, food, ambiance. This time we sat at the chef's table, which was even more of an experience. It was fun watching the kitchen at work and interacting with the chefs - they were really nice and answered a lot of our questions about the menu, preparation, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awe - Some.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014I know there is a lot of hype about BOCA, but let me tell you, it exceeded my expectations. Let's just start with the bread. REAL bread. With a real crust. And REAL butter, that was ROOM TEMPERATURE, as God intended. Spreadable. THANK YOU BOCA! The option to do tastings, or a full meal? GENIUS. I had the beet salad (little yummy raviolis of beet enveloping creamy goat cheese, with hazelnuts - what's not to love!?), tasting of the seafood risotto, and tasting of the filet. OMG. Everything was beautiful and delicious. The décor/ambiance was relaxed and modern, but the service was excellent. The only thing I didn't like was the peppery red zinfandel that I had with dinner, but hey, that was my own dumb choice. I will return!!!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceJWJRDined on 8/11/2014My wife and I took advantage of the half-size entrees and were able to enjoy the filet, the salmon, and the seafood risotto - all were excellent. Our server made fantastic wine recommendations to go with each dish which really added to the evening. We look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceSmarkulaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Fabulous evening with our friends from out of town. It was their first time at Boca. We started with the Pommes Souffles (delicious). Overall, I'd say the brussels sprouts, the sweet corn cappellacci and the tuna crudo were the stand outs of the evening. We all ordered the filet as our entree and as usual it did not disappoint. Our experience was highlighted by fantastic service from Teri and also Kevin Hart. Kevin does an AMAZING job of making wine approachable and not intimidating. We are so happy he is back. Also, it was our first time dining upstairs and I must say, it was a different experience, more intimate, which we enjoyed. Thanks to Boca for helping us show Cincinnati in the best and brightest light possible.Special Features:
- A Family FavoriteLuvGr8FoodDined on 8/8/2014We have come to BOCA on several occasions to celebrate some key family milestones. The food is always incredible and the wine selection superb. And the servers are always very knowledgeable, personable and do everything possible to make our experience special. It is our family favorite when we want a really memorable meal. Best restaurant in Cincinnati!Special Features:
- Best special event placeJerryandJan2Dined on 8/8/2014Captivated from the moment we walked in. The design and architecture is exquisite and Boca offers every kind of seating from continental near bar, with a kitchen view to lovely booths that offer a little more privacy yet you don't miss the party to the special more private booths all of this on the first floor OR the 2nd floor balcony is just lovely with the fabulous chandelier and the tables are intimate and not too close together. There is an elevator if you need assistance. The entire staff was very friendly yet very professional. Now, the food is over the top in every way. Very creative and complete attention to every detail. Totally worth the $ and we were actually surprised the prices weren't higher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not inexpensiveWannabeFoodieDined on 8/8/2014We got an early reservation but the place quickly filled. They had a limited but very nice menu. I think they focus on quality not quantity. That is both in terms of number of entrees and size. One very nice thing is they have half size portions and generally seem to recommend them. The portions seemed small but i was quite full after two half size portions. The food was great, very tasty, very rich, very enjoyable. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the 1/2 portion option.EaustinDined on 8/7/2014Taste, proportion and presentation was just right. Can't wait to go back. Every dish was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time!Suebee1Dined on 8/6/2014Awesome food! Presentation was wonderful and the food was so flavorful! Beautiful restaurant I will return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentButcheeDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and the people and the food were terrific. The people were very friendly, knowledgeable and over the top service. The food was unique, great favor and cooked perfectly. I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Great place and very comfortable ambience. Very very good for the price, keep it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTangueraVIPDined on 8/5/2014From start to finish, the food was excellent. Loved that you could order half portions of second and third courses. Highly recommend Boca and will dine there again when I am back in Cincinnati (I live in NYC).Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOhioJoeDined on 8/5/2014Went to BOCA for the first time for a business dinner. It was a Tuesday so it wasn't too crowded. There were 3 of us, so we each ordered a tasting of a pasta and a tasting of a fish or meat and shared them. Everything was delicious. Our waiter was very good with recommendations and all of the wait staff was very attentive. The menu is small, so you have to be open to trying something new and different, but it's a great place for a business dinner or a special night out. Oh, and the space is very cool inside as well - sort of a deconstructed look to it.Special Features:
- Frequent guestironmikeVIPDined on 8/5/2014The service, from the front desk (James) to the bar (Allie) to the Manager on duty was outstanding.Special Features:
- FantasticSunnyDined on 8/4/2014Love the tasting portions. Excellent food and ambiance. Service too. Would like to see more new things on the menu though I love the standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food & ServiceChrisVIPDined on 8/2/2014My second visit to Boca made quite the impression on me. The food was excellent: the caramelized Brussels sprout salad, sweet corn Cappellacci, filet, and the Candy Bar for dessert. (Splurge on the Greek dessert wine paired on the menu. Trust me.) What really set this visit apart was our server, Brooke. I asked her to pick wine pairings for me for each course. The pairings were delicious and spot on. When we mentioned that my wife is pregnant, Brooke surprised us by bringing a virgin cocktail, which really made my wife feel special. Brook was very knowledgable about the menu, never in a rush, and always had a smile on her face. She successfully gave the impression that we were her only table, and her only concern that evening. Kudos Brooke!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at BocabethsbdayDined on 8/2/2014It could not have been better. Our waitress was a delight. The food - incredible...and we eat out a lot. We'll be back and I don't think we'll be able to wait for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small portionsThompsonDined on 8/1/2014Food was very good, but the portions were lacking. The tuna appetizer was tasty but not worth the $$ due to the tiny portion...5 small bites is not worth $17.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two NewbiesrheidemanDined on 8/1/2014We had the opportunity to introduce two first-timers to Boca. It is always so much fun to watch the enjoyment and amazement as they taste the dishes. The service is impeccable, always there when needed, but never hovering. It's a total pleasure.Special Features:
- Not Disappointed, But Not Thrilledmhp1Dined on 7/31/2014The food at BOCA is incredible! Fabulous. Portions (full and half) are quite small, though. The décor is cool. Our waiter was arrogant. My biggest disappointment was how they seat parties of 2. I didn't see upstairs, but downstairs all they have are four tables for two, situated WAY too close. Hubby and I could clearly hear the conversation on both sides of us which means they could hear us. When waiters delivered food, we had to lean over so we didn't get a face full of butt. There was also a long table that looked like it was a communal one. So I suppose it could've been worse and we could've been seated there. If BOCA were not a high end, fine dining restaurant, I could understand this kind of seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseCVGJetGuyVIPDined on 7/31/2014After seeing a menu on-line that struck me as less than inspiring, I didn't have very high expectations. After being shocked by the current incarnation of the former Maisonette, space, the servers were very pleasant, knowledgeable, and unobtrusive; serviceware was provided perfectly. The food was flawlessly prepared and of high quality ingredients. A delay in dessert service was acknowledged and appropriately recovered. I was very pleasantly surprised and will look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014All of our food choices were excellent. A nice variety to choose from. I would recommend it to my friends for a place to eat before the play, ballet etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in cincinnatiFioritofamilyDined on 7/29/2014We love this restraunt. We go several times a year. It's always amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014We went for the first time last night and it was amazing. Great service, great food and an overall great experience. Would highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Imaginative, delicious cuisinefriendlyDined on 7/26/2014The availability of half portions of pasta and entrees enables one to explore the enticing menu. The corn ravioli and the pea ravioli with roasted lobster were subtle and memorable. The bronzino fish was fantastic as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014My son was in from NYC and took me to Boca for my birthday .His entrée was not cooked (cod) and was cold and my salmon was dry and cold -asked for medium rare .Both took 30 minutes to arrive .They offered to replace but we were hungry and had already waited too long.They did take the entrees off the bill but what was to have been a wonderful treat was a disaster ,Will not go back again
- Consistently Outstanding!WambooDined on 7/25/2014Boca is an excellent dining experience without being pretentious. The food, the service, the ambience...all wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, what a great meal!wxyzDined on 7/25/2014Boca provided us with a superior dining experience. This was our first visit to this downtown Cincinnati restaurant. In nutshell Boca is an intriguing fusion of Italian food with classic French sauces that packed a flavor punch on everything they graced. The menu rotates monthly and we plan to check out future month’s menus (posted via their website) and return again.Special Features:
- FabulousImmallynnDined on 7/24/2014We had one of our favorite meals ever at this restaurant and will definently be back. Having a tasting portion allowed us to try two different things as well as an appetizer/salad. Eclectic and unique for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaVIPDined on 7/24/2014Nice meal enjoyed by our family. The atmosphere is very nice and the food was good. Most of the staff were attentive. Our server Sidonie was quit friendly. She did go missing for quite a long period of time with some customers from the next table. This might account why the food took a long time to arrive and probably effected the quality. It was still a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bustro versus Fine Dining.TeriVIPDined on 7/24/2014Second time at Boca. Service excellent both visits. Food very good but even full size entree portions are small. Do like that you can order tasting portions of all entrees. Dislike unisex bathrooms especially for a fine dining restaurant. Feel as though this restaurant can't decide if it is a bistro like the original Boca in Northside or a fine dining restaurant