114 E. 6th St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bocacincinnati.com/
- Phone: 5135422022
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Tuesday- 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Wednesday - 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Thursday - 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Friday - 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Saturday- 5:00pm to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Lieb
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Between Main and Walnut
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: BOCA offers valet parking directly in front of our restaurant. There is street parking on 6th street east of the restaurant and on Main street. There are lots available on Walnut just south of 6th street on both the east and west sides of the street.
A word from BOCA
Boca is Chef David Falk's ode to Europe. It is a one of a kind dining experience marrying world-class, chef driven cuisine with gracious service at an affordable price point. Boca's design couples contemporary european and american stylings with touches of rusticity in an airy urban space. The elegant and inviting surroundings welcome guests for an afternoon cocktail, a small bite before a great show at nearby theaters, a casual dinner with friends, or a luxurious night out in Cincinnati.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
BOCA reviews from OpenTable diners
333 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (280)fit for foodies (255)romantic (208)notable wine list (171)hot spot (118)good for groups (70)neighborhood gem (57)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- AMAZING!AddendumVIPDined on 9/15/2014Simply a perfect experience, the decor, the service, the food…all impeccable, polished and flawless. Bravo Boca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the best meal of my life!erinswDined on 9/13/2014This was our second time at Boca but our first time at the new location. Food and service with unbelievable. We started with the Blue Fin Crudo with Avocado and it was absolutely amazing. Super fresh, perfect texture, and beautiful presentation. We also tried the carmelized brussels sprouts with a scallop (we have had these before and loved them). They were perfectly seasoned and the scallop was cooked to perfection. We also tried the tasting portion of the seasonal Sweet Corn Agnolotti (spelling?) This was on recommendation from our server and we are so glad we took his advice! Absolutely melt in your mouth. As an entree my husband had the salmon and I had the Filet Boca. Boca Candy bar dessert was phenomenal. You gotta try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EclecticDinnerVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food is excellent although small for the price. The ability to combine small portions is nice for those that can't decide. Wine is really expensive.Special Features:
- JudiVIPDined on 9/12/2014Glad to score a last minute reservation- went early for drinks and we were seated early. Great food, love the small plates for tasting. Impeccable service, beautiful ambiance. Perfect dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousDined on 9/12/2014We had a great time! The restaurant itself was quite noisy, however, we were still able to maintain a conversation. The food was fantastic! The service was impeccable without making us feel intimidated. That's always a plus! My only true complaint is that we were sitting at a table with metal chairs. These were so cold - they never warmed up. That was a bit distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's Counter a Must!PaulbDined on 9/12/2014Had a wonderful birthday meal at the Chef's Counter on a Friday night. Service was top notch, food was excellent, and libations hit the spot. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Delicious!Woolums0928Dined on 9/12/2014Surprised my husband for his birthday, the staff sat us at a wonderful table. The place is gorgeous and the food is AMAZING!!! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thomastDined on 9/11/2014Excellent as always. This is currently the best restaurant in Cincinnati.Special Features:
- Holy Bocacrashdavis36Dined on 9/10/2014I do dinners in Cincinnati with physicians frequently but this was my first experience with Boca. I will definitely be coming back. Everything from the ambiance, to the service, to the food was absolutely perfect. Barry, our server, did a tremendous job working through the menu in stages. This was the best was to eat at Boca. From the Brussels sprouts and tuna, to the ravioli and risotto, to the main course. I don't think there could be one bad thing on the menu. I will of course have to find out by going back soon and try something different. Cheers to the chefs in their open kitchen for cooking sheer perfection and to the wait staff for making it all perfect. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MillerheatingDined on 9/6/2014Had a great time as always. Food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014Food, wine and service were all outsanding. Loved the option of the tasting portions so I could try several dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as alwaysOTR2VIPDined on 9/6/2014Great food, great service, beautiful setting. Always a treat.Special Features:
- Great service, excellent foodTdaneseDined on 9/5/2014Server excited you as he went threw the menu. As if he has enjoyed it. We will come back to try other items on the menu. It was a great night for my wife and ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca = AwesomeSunDevilDined on 9/5/2014Amazing food, service, and atmosphere! My wife and I just moved here from Phoenix, and this place and Sotto seem to be the only true culinary experiences in the city.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!!!GwenVIPDined on 9/4/2014I've dined at the best restaurants all over the world. Who would have thought that one of the best restaurants would be in Cincinnati Ohio. First, I was impressed by the tiny tray of finishing sea salt at each table. The menu was not run-of-the-mill. The dishes & food combinations were well thought out and paired. The grilled Caesar salad's dressing was worth the price of admission. I wanted white wine. My server, Brook (who was fantastic), asked me what type of wine I preferred. I told her bone dry white. She brought 3 wine glasses & placed them in front of me. I was confused. Am I in for a wine tasting??? Yes. She brought me 3 different whites. I like that! Yes, offer your customers a little extra. It goes a long way. Go BOCA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/3/2014We did the tastings and every dish was amazing. We had the brussel sprouts to start and it was delicious. We then had the angliotti; the home made pasta was delicate and complex flavor. The branzino was moist and sweet and cooked to perfection. The lamb was tender and flavorful. Service was top notch. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- StickmanDined on 9/3/2014Excellent service, excellent food. Will definitely go back with friends for a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSuebee1Dined on 8/29/2014All aspects of our dinner were very well done. The staff is professional, attentive and friendly. Presentation of dishes is elegant but not excessive. Most impressive is the food which is wonderful with complex and dimensioned flavors. Half plates are offered for many entrees which allows you to try more dishes. The menu is updated periodically so offerings change. Our cost for two with wine, small plates, full entrees, tip was $180.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodfan06Dined on 8/29/2014The food was incredible and the service to match! When they realized we were celebrating our anniversary we were treated to a complimentary champagne toast. Everything snout our experience was nothing short of outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night!Our2girlzDined on 8/29/2014We celebrated our 21st anniversary at Boca this weekend and every aspect was amazing. From a perfectly concocted martini, to seating us at table # 21, to our knowledgable server (David) who made some spot-on recommendations ....the evening was perfect. But don't just wait for a special occasion, Boca is also ideal for large groups and girls' nights out! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING Food!!Triciap21Dined on 8/29/2014Boca was the perfect place to celebrate two birthdays. The food was unbelievable and the service was great. I will absolutely go back again!Special Features:
- Great food, and service!friskyDined on 8/27/2014I had the carmelized brussel sprouts which were the best brussel sprout dish I ever had. Enjoyed the twist on the grilled romaine. Poached fish was very flavorful. Would highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions. Portions not big, but very flavorful and filling. Very enjoyable. Nice, very attentive server!Special Features:
- Absolutely perfectJadeontherunDined on 8/25/2014Everything about this place is special. So much thought goes into every aspect of the restaurant, creating a very satisfying experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The legend continuesBrunoDined on 8/23/2014One steps out of the Midwest at Boca. With fresh pastas that rank among the finest I've ever had in some of the best restaurants in Italy and second courses that are more of the same, one gets the sense that he or she is somewhere across the pond or perhaps in a hot spot in San Francisco or New York. In Italian, the word I would use to describe Boca is "ottimo."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to return!BocaBurgerJunkieDined on 8/23/2014Sophisticated atmosphere without pretense. Staff could not have been nicer. Drop dead gorgeous decor at a surprisingly affordable price. Yes, they have expensive wines, but you can get great wines in the $35 to $45 range. And the menu is available in half portions if you eat light or just want to try several dishes. Dining in the space that was La Maisonette that reigned supreme for several decades, they pay homage by offering the pains taking pommels soufflé in reverence. Yum! You will be sorry if you do not order them! And, surprisingly, we ordered the burger as one of our dishes. Well, all I can say is that I just wanna go back and sit at the bar and have what was the best burger ever with a side of those hollow fries!Special Features:
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The service was outstanding and the decor was well balance. The food was good but overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time hereJtrooVIPDined on 8/22/2014This was a fun meal for our first time here. Our drinks were delicious. Our server was nice although he sort of cut us off before we could finish ordering our appetizers. The food made up for it though and it came out quickly (we were there at 9pm on a Friday night). The pommes souffles are just so fun and then the caramelized brussels sprouts and beet and goat cheese salad were good starters. We gave in also got tastings of the pasta and entrees so we tried the sweet corn and the pea and lobster pastas and the branzino and filet. We loved the pastas and filet. The branzino was good but not as exciting. And of course we got dessert...the candy bar was like gourmet snickers...amazing! It was definitely pricey but worth the one visit.Special Features:
- Tadh1Dined on 8/22/2014We had a great meal as always. This is a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful again!lfmomDined on 8/22/2014Dining at Boca has been consistently terrific. The food is excellent, inventive, beautifully plated by knowledgeable and attentive staff. We had a marvelous evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional again!KywildcatsVIPDined on 8/22/2014I can't say enough good things about the quality of the food here. Although the portions are smallish, the richness and the flavors combine to completely satisfy my appetite. I also love the half-bottle wine list - I don't know why more restaurants don't offer them. We had a lovely five course dinner that was beautifully paced by our server with two half bottles of wine, starting with a white then moving to a red for the beef dish. The decor is spectacular as well, truly an exceptional place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mind BlowingtrustedreviewsDined on 8/21/2014I took a friend out to downtown because I promised her a nice fancy dinner and Boca was just that. The food was phenomenal, the waiter was very polite and helpful for being our first time there, and the ambience was very comforting. I would definitely go here if you would like to take someone that is close to you out to a very nice spot to eat. It was pricy, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StunningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014What a wonderful place. The food is outstanding - some of the best I've ever had. The service was top notch and the building is beautiful. I cannot say enough about this great restaurant. Do NOT miss the frites.Special Features:
- Couldn't be better.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014The tuna, brussel sprouts, grilled romaine, pastas and filet were excellent. I couldnt have imagined a better dinner if I tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New BocaAGoodEaterDined on 8/19/2014This was our first experience at the new location. The latter is beautiful. Sad to say that it isn't as intimate as the old Oakley restaurant, but they have worked hard to provide diners with a good experience. Our service was perfect. My food was excellent. My wife had fish which was undercooked. Unfortunately, she did not say anything until I had almost finished mine. When advised the staff did everything to correct the problem. Our fault for not saying something immediately. On our next visit, we will request upstairs. There will be a next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayLDLottsVIPDined on 8/18/2014We went to celebrate my birthday and it was the perfect place to end my week of food adventures. The service was exceptional. The food outstanding. We will be going back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJamieDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Boca many times which is why we decided to come back to celebrate our Anniversary Dinner. It was perfect like every other time. We will be back to celebrate many anniversary's and the occasional night out. You must order the pommes soufflés. MUST. Don't forget to try tasting sizes of many dishes and share. It is well worth it to taste the entire menuSpecial Features:
- Good time, high pricedrdrdrDined on 8/16/2014BOCA was fun and good. The menu is fresh and the food is very well prepared. Our service was fantastic. That said, with drinks included, our party of four had a bill of just over $400. We had a great time and consider it money well spent for the evening. But, we could also have had multiple good nights out too in downtown for the same price. While the food was good, I'm not sure we thought it was that over-the-top exceptional. BOCA is definitely a Cincinnati hit. It was packed and had a solid atmosphere for a Saturday night. Good to see that area of town thriving. We considered it a special night out and will continue our tour of downtown establishments to end the best the city has to offer.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014This was possibly the best dinner I have ever had. The Amish Chicken was incredible. Our waitress Jennifer was knowledgeable about the menu, personable and professional. We would not hesitate to eat there again.Special Features:
- Lives Up to the HypeJulieALDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time at Boca, after hearing about it for ages. We made a reservation on whim and were able to get in. The ambiance is perfect - glamorous & chic without being cold/stuffy. The inviting, warm space encourages you to get comfortable for your dining experience - and what an experience it is. From the first craft cocktail (get the Whiskey Smash or the Tabernacle Crush) to the final bite of dessert (The Candy Bar is to DIE for) everything was outstanding. The Brussels sprouts, Seafood Risotto and Filet Boca were the stand outs for me. I'd recommend ordering several tasting portions, which allows you to try more of the menu options. It is definitely worth the splurge for an evening out!Special Features:
- AnnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We did the three course (salad, pasta, main) with small portions. Excellent. House wine (also served at French Laundry, CA) was very nice. Service was exceptionally good.Special Features: