114 E. 6th St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bocacincinnati.com/
- Phone: (513) 542-2022
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Tuesday- 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Wednesday - 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Thursday - 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Friday - 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Saturday- 5:00pm to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Lieb
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Between Main and Walnut
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: BOCA offers valet parking directly in front of our restaurant. There is street parking on 6th street east of the restaurant and on Main street. There are lots available on Walnut just south of 6th street on both the east and west sides of the street.
A word from BOCA
Boca is Chef David Falk's ode to Europe. It is a one of a kind dining experience marrying world-class, chef driven cuisine with gracious service at an affordable price point. Boca's design couples contemporary european and american stylings with touches of rusticity in an airy urban space. The elegant and inviting surroundings welcome guests for an afternoon cocktail, a small bite before a great show at nearby theaters, a casual dinner with friends, or a luxurious night out in Cincinnati.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
BOCA reviews from OpenTable diners
347 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (297)fit for foodies (283)romantic (211)notable wine list (175)hot spot (154)good for groups (83)neighborhood gem (73)vibrant bar scene (43)late-night find (17)great for lunch (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Limited menu...good food...lacks on serviceEnjoyGoodFoodVIPDined on 11/22/2014We dined at Boca for dinner recently. Service was lacking. It took 15 minutes for the server to come ask us if we wanted a drink. After we had our drinks, he returned to take our order. They basically tossed our plates on the table and took off. This is fine dining prices, but not fine dining service. The food was good, but the menu is a bit limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014Great food as usual but this was the first time I wasn't as pleased with service. I wish our waiter would have explained the dishes briefly when each course arrived on our table. It's like he was too busy to quickly mention the main parts of the dish and the accompanying sauce when he set stuff down on the table. Still one of the best restaurants in Cincinnati.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in CincinnatiLVelDined on 11/21/2014I took my son to dinner as we had not been to the new 6th street location. The interior is hip, yet classy while the huge chandelier commands your attention. We both started out with the grilled romaine salad with the Blue Oven bread. The salads were so good and we inhaled the bread. My son had the salmon and I had the Branzino and we split a plate of the black truffle risotto. Both of our fish entrees were cooked to perfection and we collectively said that the black truffle sauce from the risotto was so good that we wanted to lick the plate! Service was prompt without being rushed. I like that the kitchen is open to the entire restaurant. It gives it an edgy, urban feel. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best food experience of our livesHappypalletDined on 11/21/2014Celebrating a birthday and walked into a very comfortable, upscale decor. Because everything looked so good, we had sample sizes of 4 dishes and loved them all! It was the best food experience of our lives! Hats off to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our server Joshua!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014This was our first visit to Boca and our first kid free date night in 5 months! We were celebrated from the time we sat down until we left. Josh's ability to explain the menu, describe the food and give us a few suggestions on how to order was spot on. We didn't feel inadequate or as if he was hovering. He floated in and out of our conversations with class and answered all of our questions throwing in fun facts making us feel like we were real foodies. ;) We haven't had service like that for a long time and we were so pleased to have been seated at one of Joshua's tables. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu wasn't as good as the last time we were thereHphockVIPDined on 11/21/2014Food was good but the menu selections itself wasn't as good as the last time we were at Boca. Service was slow to start. Took a while for them to bring our wine. Otherwise it was a good experience.Special Features:
- MindelKindleVIPDined on 11/19/2014Just go. You won't be disappointed on any level. 'Nuf said!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantastic!bjlowryVIPDined on 11/15/2014The hype is definitely real for Boca. Probably one of the more difficult tables to snag on a weekend, it is well worth your patience to do so. The food was inspired, well executed, and delicious. The menu changes on a monthly basis which allows a lot of creativity coupled with freshness. The service was fantastic, but unobtrusive. Our water was constantly topped off and plates were cleared at the appropriate times. The atmosphere definitely let you know you were in a nice restaurant, but not to the point where it was stuffy and uncomfortable. It is accessible to people who don't typically enjoy finer dining, but appropriate enough for people who do. My wife wasn't a fan of the music selection, whereas I loved it. She felt it should have been more proper whereas I felt it fit the more modern vibe you're seeing. You can see and hear the chefs preparing your meal, so there is nothing to hide. The entire kitchen is spotless and that shows their dedication to detail. If you haven't had a chance to eat at Boca...get there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of the buildingJNF1VIPDined on 11/14/2014Bocca had big shoes to fill going into the place where the Masionette was and they have succeeded We had been to Soto downstairs several times but finally got to eat upstairs and it was fabulous Only disappointment was for a special night there were several people dressed very inappropriate as if they were going to a truck stopSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Cincy's BestGiorgioVIPDined on 11/12/2014Todd and Brook served us BOCA's usual great food. We shared the feather-lite Pommes Soufflees, Beet/Goat Cheese Mezzaluna Salad, Buttternut Squash Rissoto, Amish Chicken, and the fish dish "Brazino ala Plancha," all with a very nice Chianti Classico, "Isole e Olena." Wonderful time in a cozy banquette at this Downtown Cincinnati gem. Mille grazie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BocaPJQandFriendsDined on 11/12/2014Our experience at Boca was very good. Our server was not as friendly or FUN as expected to be at such a nice restaurant but the food carriers were fun. The menu items are SET IN STONE so it is not easy to get something without onions or other items that you don't like. SO I suggest you check the current menu before you go. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamplingJClarkeVIPDined on 11/8/2014Just perfect. Small portion of each entree make up the sampling. Pick as many courses as you want. Wine pairings with every course. A lot of fun to try half the menu and get the full experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiedDined on 11/8/2014The service was superb. The app course was delicious. The main course was very good although when "filet mignon" is specified it might be nice to warn you when it is "sliced". The cous cous was too salty for my wife who had indicated when she ordered that she did not want anything salty. I love salt but it was even too much for me. Over all however, the meal was flavorfull and inventive but just a little off their game compared to prior visits.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner!michellefoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2014Boca is the best in the city! It's one of my favorites. Always surprised how food can taste that great!Special Features:
- Couples Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Although there were no 6-tops available when I made the reservation several weeks ago, they were able to accommodate us at a booth intended for 5 (but we were not cramped at all) close to the bar. The service was wonderful - our server was knowledgeable about everything on the menu and took great care of us. The tasting portions are a nice option so you can enjoy several items on the menu. Don't skip dessert - it's worth it!Special Features:
- BocaFoodeliciousDined on 11/8/2014What can I say, It's Boca! If you don't know about Boca yet then your sorely missing out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Exquisite! All of the food was delicious, from cocktails to desert. Loved the tasting prices. We got to try many dishes instead of just two. The Branzino was the best fish I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and atmosphere.AmyGDined on 11/8/2014This was my second time at Boca. The first time my husband and I were seated downstairs near the kitchen. Very comfortable, which is a weird thing to say about a restaurant but it was. My husband loved when the kitchen yelled in unison 'yes chef'. The second time at Boca, which most recently we were seated upstairs and it was as equally comfortable and beautiful. From the decor to food and service, Boca is not just a restaurant, but an experience. Oh and I can't forget the wash closets.....they are old school classy and very clean. You leave feel pampered and important. Not a detail is over looked at Boca and that I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiehardvegetarianDined on 11/7/2014If I had to describe the chicken in one word, I would say the following: - it was off the chain - it was the bomb - I have dreams about that chicken yoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BobMVIPDined on 11/7/2014Once again Boca exceeded our expectations all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and servicejujuDined on 11/7/2014I took my significant other here for his birthday and we will definitely go back. It was the first time for both of us to dine at Boca. Highly recommend the tasting portions so that more of the fantastic menu can be experienced. I found it to be an excellent value given what we have paid at other "fancy" restaurants. Carried in our own favorite wine for $25 corking fee and still with cocktails, appetizer, dinner and dessert bill was $197. Have spent more at other places that were not nearly as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant diningBabyBen2012VIPDined on 11/7/2014Beautiful setting for a special night out. Attentive servers and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulouskyhoosier29Dined on 11/7/2014Simply put, Boca was fabulous. It is certainly pricey, but the food was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for an upscale mealveganheathenDined on 11/7/2014There were two in my party who dined at Boca on 11/7/2014, one of them vegan. The food was presented incredibly well and the service was fantastic. The non-vegan left the restaurant feeling quite full and happy with the choice of venue; the vegan left feeling like he paid far too much for a meal that he could have made better himself. Very little thought was put into the vegan meal, even though the restaurant was made aware of the patron's preferences in advance. The other meal was full of flavor, very well presented and delicious. The food score of "good" is an average between 2 stars for the vegan meal and 5 stars for the meal selected from the menu. In other words, this is a great place to visit unless you happen to be vegan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful settingpollybVIPDined on 11/4/2014A special night out in a special place. The food is always amazing.Special Features:
- Awesome birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014I celebrated my birthday here and from start to finish it was amazing! Service was friendly and on point from the time we entered the restaurant until the time we walked out the front door. Ben our server was awesome very knowledgeable and hospitable. Randy, the manager checked on us through out the night. Food was ridiculously great. I personally had the crudo, the grilled romaine salad, the papperdelle pasta, the filet, and each course was as good as the previous. Great ambiance as well.Special Features:
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Our evening at Boca was perfect! Brooke was a great server. She was very sweet & very real. She gave us honest opinions & led us in the right direction with our menu choices. The Beet Salad was beautiful! My husbands Lamb Confit was delicious! And my Branzino was outstanding! We had a lovely dining experience & hope to be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsfoodforthoughtDined on 10/31/2014We expected good, based on all the other reviews, but thought it might be a bit stuffy. Wait staff in blue jeans let us know this was not to be. Service was exceptional, friendly, knowledgeable, and relaxed. We had a great evening sampling a number of the smaller portions, an excellent way to experience the menu. we were blown away with the white truffle risotto! They knew exactly what they were doing with them, and that was amazing in Cincinnati. After our meal we took a digestif to the bar in front of the kitchen and watched the orchestra perform. The chefs took the time to answer our questions. It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceTheRoseDined on 10/28/2014Fantastic food and service. We felt like every person cared to maKe our experience perfect. Server described the dishes wonderfully that it was hard to choose. Sommelier provided excellent wine knowledge on parings. Forgot to order the pome soufflés -- so they brought us some to enjoy. Fantastic night. a Must Let's go back SoonSpecial Features:
- Fantastic diningSteveRDined on 10/25/2014The feel, the look, and the food were all amazing. But, you'll probably leave hungry. Don't expect large portions. Much of the menu (it changes seasonally), is outstanding, often delicious combinations of flavors; but sometimes that's also where it goes wrong. Overall, a great experience and reccomend for anyone looking for a nicer place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every Dish was amazingOccasionalDinerDined on 10/25/2014For two people we split 4 half entrees, salad and apps and deserts and didn't feel stuffed when we left. Portion sizes are small, but incredibly tasty. Best place in Cincinnati for food snobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014We had a great visit to celebrate our anniversary and spent nearly an hour at the bar enjoying cocktails before being seated at a table. The bar staff is attentive and friendly. We were seated upstairs, which is certainly quieter than the main dining floor under the chandelier, though our table was right near a servers' station and so it meant servers were brusquely walking past our table on both sides throughout the meal - that was our only complaint. The food was fantastic as always - including a hot basket of pommes frites before the perennial favorite, brussell sprout and scallop starter. My Amish chicken risotto had a wonderfully truffled earthy sauce that felt perfect for a brisk fall evening. Perfect service, also as always.Special Features:
- Always the bestSpecialEats0330VIPDined on 10/25/2014Nothing else to say. Just magnificent. Every time.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding!MichaelDined on 10/25/2014This was our second or third time to Boca and food has been great every time. Our service was very slow on this trip (wasn't the case the first two). Server was polite and nice, but we went for very long periods of time before she would come back to the table, it took about 20 minutes or more just to take our food order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the moneyruzzyxDined on 10/24/2014I was looking for a romantic spot, and BOCA delivered! It was actually quite a bit out of my price range but we stayed and had a good time. It was a great experience.Special Features:
- First Time at BOCALunchGuyDined on 10/24/2014Can't believe this is the first time we've been to BOCA and it certainly won't be the last. Food was as good as I've heard, the atmosphere was terrific, and the service was excellent. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Great DinerLouisDined on 10/23/2014The food and the service was fantastic ! I highly recommand this restaurant ti everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Dinner for TwoPeterDined on 10/21/2014We had a fantastic time. We loved everything they brought us (pasta, risotto, fillet). Service was very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu answering all of our questions very well.Special Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014First time, amazing experience! Lived the Bolognese and the Salmon, yes tried two dishes cause they have this wonderful tasting portion!!!Special Features:
- Perfect for Celebratingemoslayer84Dined on 10/20/2014My family and I went to Boca for my 30th birthday. We are all foodies and love trying new restaurants in the area. This place, by far, exceeding our expectations! We were very happy with the food, with the drinks, and the desserts were just divine! We had a small mishap with the support server spilling a drink, but the situation was resolved VERY quickly and with personal attention. We didn't let this define our meal. A great serve staff is super even with a mistake like that. Kudos to the BOCA team!Special Features: