Boca Loca Cantina and Taco Factory
2000 Belcourt Ave
Nashville, TN 37212Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Boca Loca Cantina and Taco Factory
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bocalocatacos.com/
- Phone: 6152984000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday & Saturday: 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: David Reyes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
A word from Boca Loca Cantina and Taco Factory
A southern style saloon and taqueria serving up chef-driven Mexican street fare and handcrafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boca Loca Cantina and Taco Factory reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Tasty, but got tired waiting!!R8loverDined on 8/24/2014This place was about what you expect for a taco spot. The food was creative and tasty, but the service was SOOOO SLOW!!! Also, at what kind of Mexican place do you have to ask your server for more chips? We had 5 adults, ordered guacamole and got a micro bowl of chips. After that our server was MIA for about 20 minutes. All told it took about 50 minutes to get our tacos. Great food but don't go in hungry.Special Features:
- good tacos, good serviceESquaredDined on 7/25/2014We were first sat by a group of twenty or so college age kids who were unbelievably loud. (Come on..) Couldn't hear the waiter or even talk to each other at the table so we asked if it would be possible to move. They moved us right away, and the service remained great throughout the night. The margaritas and guacamole were great, as well as the tacos! It is Belcourt Ave, so watch out for hipsters and loads of bachelorettes (on weekends).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good drink specialsGregDined on 7/24/2014thursdays are half priced margarita and sangria pitchers. Other than that it reminds me of local tacoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's no Mas Tacosfood48VIPDined on 6/5/2014I usually don't write reviews but felt compelled after our dining experience with our party of seven this past week. I read reviews that were either very favorable or very unfavorable but talked my family into giving it a try based upon the website saying the food was locally sourced, fresh and all natural. After dinner we felt very misled by the website. The happy hour margaritas were mostly mix; the Sprite was flat; and the Sweet Tea had twice as much sugar as necessary. We drank water instead of the drinks we ordered. The guacamole, ceviche and queso fundido were the best part of the meal. We tried an assortment of tacos, which arrived very small and not very good. Overall, we couldn't get away fast enough and will never go back.
- Sunday BrunchERockDined on 6/1/2014Went around 10:30 and were the only people there. The food is great and the mimosas bottomless (let's be honest, that's why I went in the first place). The salsa is different but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Boca Loca Cantina and Taco Factory reviews archive.
- A-okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2014Came here because my friend wanted me to try the Sparkling White Sangria... Unfortunately, I didn't have my driver's license with me so I couldn't get one myself. I had a picture of my driver's license on my phone but they said nope. Grrr... that's okay, they are just trying to keep their liquor license. I understand. Food came out... I ordered 4 tacos, it was 2 for 1 Taco Tuesday with a purchase of a beverage (can be non-alcoholic). The Al pastor (pork and pineapple) was not tasty at all - I didn't even finish it. The skirt steak was pretty good. The shrimp was just okay. The best one was actually the red snapper, it's grilled with a nice slaw. I would probably go for the taco Tuesday and just get red snapper.Special Features:
- Not Bad for Cinco de MayaMarlabenetVIPDined on 5/5/2014Considering it was Cinco de Maya, the overall experience was good. This is my 3rd time at this establishment. My main complaint is that there was a huge lack of air in the restaurant. The only place that seemed comforable was by the open windows in the front. Unfortunately, there are only a few of those tables. We also did not receive the complimentary chips and salsa and the wait for our entrees was extremely long. Luckily, my party of four had lots to talk about and it did not hinder our evening. Hard to resist the Spicy Pina Margarita and the Habenero Mango Guac!
- Underwhelmed on Second VisitMarlabenetVIPDined on 4/16/2014I ordered the Spicy Pina Margarita and it was delivered without the hollowed out jalapeno laid across the top of the glass with tequila floating in it. The waitperson told me that the bartender must have been running short... I politely said that I only ordered it for that reason. She took it back to the bar and I could see her bad mouthing me to the bartender telling him that I wanted the jalapeno on top. Several minutes later she arrived back and told me he was cutting fresh jalapenos for me. Once it did arrive with said jalapeno, I could swear that there was little to no alcohol in the drink at all. So different from my first visit to this restaurant. Tacos not impressive, but love the Esquites and Mango Habanero Guac. Return? Not sure.
- Food and beverage disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2014My first mistake was ordering the classic margarita. The beverage was more mix than tequila. My second mistake was ordering the taco salad. Lettuce, grilled chicken and their version of pico served in a tortilla shell was it. On the other hand, my spouse's creative selection of tacos was great! She left no trace of food on her plate! The server knew I was disappointed in my selection and was very apologetic. As a frequent diner in some of Nashville's best local inspired kitchens, I was quite flustered that I spent over 30 bucks at this establishment. If I do return, I will more than likely order some of the specialty tacos.
- Food was not goodhollyholyDined on 3/25/2014All of the food was tiny, like it was prepared in an Easy Bake oven. We won't be back.
- Great date nightHarlanDined on 3/11/2014Excellent service and great indoor scene with open air covered seating. Food is always great and would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood find.frequentdiner001Dined on 3/1/2014The great location with good parking available. Exotic menu items that change regularly, blended with excellent cocktails and a decent wine list show that this management team was not born yesterday. We love it and visit regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new neighborhood restaurantbarbyDined on 2/25/2014Interior has been updated. Service was good. Food was fresh and had good flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Great place to meat with friends and celebrate. Great food and we will for sure come back.Special Features:
- My New Favorite Mexican Restaurant!MarlabenetVIPDined on 2/16/2014I had a wonderful experience at a late Sunday brunch. I had the Spicy Pina Margarita which was out of this world! Loved the presentation as well. Don't miss the Mango Habanero Guacamole! The Tacos are very small, so be prepared. My favorite was the Homemade Chorizo. My favorite food item was the Esquites! It is the side dish of corn and is absolutely delicious! My only complaint would be that the side of corn was served in a styrofoam cup. This is a no no in my book, as a foodie, in a decent restaurant! Alyssa was an excellent server, both friendly and informative, regarding the menu. I can't wait to return, as I had been looking for a favorite Mexican restuarant in Nashville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No SalsafinchDined on 2/15/2014The food is ok - similar to what you can get on a food truck but 3 times the price. They will not even sell salsa for chips. I have no problem paying for chips and salsa but the fact they "dont do it" is ridiculous. They have salsa and if you insists they will eventually bring you chips and salsa in condiment containers. This happens to be the exact same salsa that would be in a bowl and possible to sell. There are many other choices that are better and more accommodating.
- Stellar service and amazing food.TitolarosaDined on 2/14/2014My date and I had a wonderful dining experience at this new Hillsboro village jewel; the food was delicious, our waitress was a rock star, and the ambiance was pleasantly subtle (it was filled with the festive tunes of famous Caribbean classics mind you) but never felt strident. The servings were incredibly generous also. The only negative I found was the flat seen on the wall in our section, I can see them being used in the bar areabut anywhere else seems a bit much, a distractor from engaging in a meaningful conversation imo. All in all, it was a magnificent experience. my date was very pleased also, she enjoyed the great quality of the food and made ight even more spectacular for it later -but that's a different story-.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic night of tacos!ThePrincessDined on 2/14/2014Upon arriving, my boyfriend and I were immediately seated by a very kind hostess. Our waitress was very prompt and informed us we still had 15 minutes left to take advantage of the happy hour specials (which we partook of). The margarita I had was fantastic! As was the mango guac we tried. I could have eaten the guac as a meal! My boyfriend and I tried more tacos than we should have but loved every single bite. You can't go wrong with any of them! And the surface was outstanding! Our waitress was always there when we needed her and was quick to answer any of our questions. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the fish taco quad,hungryconsultantVIPDined on 2/6/2014I had the fish taco quad, very good! Highly recommend the mango habanero guacamole! Tacos are a bit small, more like those you would find at a street vendor - but the ingredients are superb!I would recommend this to a friend.
- More mimosassby616Dined on 2/1/2014Great brunch, friendly staff. My only complaint is that we paid for the unlimited mimosas and were there past the time they served them. I wish there was a "grace" period where you got one after 3 or the waitress was more aware when it was a empty glass, or she reminded us that it was almost 3. In NY where every place does unlimited mimosas extends that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca LocaDSFoodDined on 1/24/2014Classic Margaritas were delicious as well as the Mango Habanero Guacamole. However, we were a little disappointed with the tacos. I ordered the El Bravo Quatro and got two Market Fresh, 1 Chorizo and 1 Skirt Steak with the corn side. The only taco that had any flavor was the Skirt Steak but the pieces of meat I found to be quite large for a small taco shell.. The Market Fresh were bland and the Chorizo Taco was dry. On a good note, our side dish (Corn) was excellent! Nice fresh flavor. I would go back for drinks and appetizers and then move on for dinner. Our waitress was very nice.
- this is the second time ifoodloverVIPDined on 1/20/2014this is the second time i have been to the restaurant and the service has been very poor. it took too long to receive the food. other than this, this restaurant is very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Awesome Food, Drinks, and Service. U must try the guacamole and ceviche Omg soooo good. The waiter-Benjamin was attentive and very knowledgeable of the menu. I have several allergies and he was very patient with me and helped me pick my delicious Snapper. I plan to go back. My boyfriend and I enjoyed this place from the beginning to the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a 2nd tryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/22/2013My dining partner had previously had a great lunch experience so we decided to try dinner. The food was good...but nothing special. My friend said the quality of food did not match the quality he experienced at lunch. The positive was that they offered outstanding deals on Sunday evening. Buy one entrée get one free. Also 1/2 price bottles of wine. The spicy pina cocktail was delicious. The guacamole was heavy on lime and was rather bland. The chorizo dip that came in the skillet was flavorful but dry and overcooked. The skirt steak was good but did not meet our expectations from previous reviews. The snapper was overcooked, but the salsa fresh and flavorful. The manager never stopped by the table or inquired about our meal.
- Burger trumps taco?BuckyDined on 12/20/2013Believe it or not, get the burger! The carne asada was also very good. That said, no one at our table tried a taco, but they all raved about the burger.