Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bocabistro.com/
- Phone: (518) 682-2800
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily: 11:30pm - CLOSE;
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am – 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 11:30am – 10:30pm,
Sunday: 11:30am – 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 4:30pm - 6:00pm
Happy Hour: Sunday 11:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Roslyn Zecchini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Boca Bistro's warm, intimate atmosphere is the perfect setting for your private event. Aesthetically inspiring, its brick walls, hard wood floors and pressed tin ceilings invoke the authenticity of conventional Spanish architecture while still remaining slightly modern.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8883384515
- Entertainment: Downtown District
A word from Boca Bistro
Boca Bistro, a Spanish Bistro and Tapas Bar, blends vintage Spanish elements with a distinctive contemporary spirit unique to every DZ Restaurant. Combining earthen and distressed textures with stylistic accents and a touch of Mediterranean influence Boca Bistro embodies the charismatic old-world essence of an authentic Spanish restaurant. A diverse menu of authentic Spanish cuisine and tapas matched by superb interior design results in a dining experience to rival any to be found on the cobbled streets of Spain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Boca Bistro - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Boca Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (30)notable wine list (27)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (21)great for lunch (13)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Tapas PlusKEDinesVIPDined on 11/15/2014Another excellent option in Saratoga Springs! Boca's take on tapas includes both traditional Spanish and "new American" options. It's easy to select a meal to suit your degree of hunger. The charcuterie plate is wonderful - chef's choice is good to share with two. The traditional albondigas are fabulous. But the highlight of the meal was the pumpkin bread pudding. Amazing - one of the best desserts I've had all year! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service & AtmostphereselkieVIPDined on 11/10/2014A comfortable place for dinner, with great service. The squash soup and peppers stuffed with black beans were mediocre. The house arugula salad was delicious (and large!). I had two different red wines -- both were thin.
- Great findHeidiDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed a lovely meal with friends recently. The tapas were tasty, the mahi mahi special enjoyed by our friends was reportedly excellent, and our dessert churros melted in the mouth. Our server was knowlegable and friendly. Next time we're in Saratoga, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Tapas were interesting and delicious. Terrific atmosphere and decor. Service was friendly, attentive and timing was perfect. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two nights in a rowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Found Boca Bistro last year at a conference, made reservations for both nights I was in Saratoga for this year's conference. Both dinners outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014only disappointment....I requested the window when I made my reservation. The window table sat empty for over an hour until the chef's mother came for "her" table. Otherwise, everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great time with excellent foodJD718Dined on 10/26/2014Fun place for drinks and interesting food selectionsSpecial Features:
- Great TapasJskiDined on 10/24/2014Great find. Saratoga never ceases to amaze us with the sophistication and quality of the local restaurants. Having spent four years living in Europe and traveling extensively through Spain, I know great Spanish Cuisine when I taste it. This is as good as Tapas gets! Well done!Special Features:
- DelightfulNPAConferenceDined on 10/23/2014It was our first time at this restuarant. We were not disappointed. It was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Love eating here. It's our favorite restaurant in Saratoga Springs. Food is excellent and so is the waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good atmosphere; great paellasherylbDined on 10/18/2014most of the food we ordered was very good. We had chicken paella that was really tasty. the kale salad I had was really good too. I sent back the octopus because it was terrible. We still had a good time there and enjoyed the place a lot. Lots of energy and atmosphere.Special Features:
- new favoritecadwalladerDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner with great service. Lots of fun- loved having so many menu choices, main courses or small plates. Food was delicious! Great bar scene!Special Features:
- Boca Bistro SaratogaGlobeTraveler2Dined on 10/10/2014This was our second time eating at this restaurant. Our first visit was without a reservation, luckily we were able to score a table in the bar area. Our second visit we were smart enough to book a reservation. Sure enough if we hadn't booked early we would not have gotten a table, many we're turned away. The food was excellent, along with our waiter. We loved the look of the restaurant. Not to big or too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca Bistro is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014I have been to Boca Bistro for lunch twice this year. If I lived in Saratoga I would go more often. The service is friendly and quick, with many wait staff keeping an eye on your needs. The food is fresh and delicious - starting with fresh warm yummy bread served with a side of olives in a dish of olive oil for dipping and snacking. The atmosphere is warm, relaxing and comfortable. I would go there again and again. I feel more than comfortable recommending Boca Bistro to anyone who wants a nice relaxing lunch with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for FoodieswaterfordzooDined on 9/26/2014This was our first visit to Boca. My wife is a vegetarian foodie, so we are very selective of the restaurants that we go to. Boca will not disappoint. We split five tapas between us: 1) Egg omelette, 2) Stuffed Peppers, 3) street corn, 4) sauteed wild mushrooms, and 5) scallop tapas special with heirloom tomatoes, fried black beans, and watercress (?). Each dish was nicely presented and was very flavorful. In my wife's words, "the scallop dish could be on Iron Chef!" It was an extremely creative dish that was absolutely bursting with flavor. I would recommend Boca to anyone who appreciates good food and food adventures.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014As usual food was great, however the service was not up to par. I understand the various levels of front of the house service but in the end the customer needs to be taken care of. Our server "forgot" us, literally. Someone else had to bring us our other set of tapas after noticing that the table was clear for too long. At the end of the meal, we asked 3 different FOH people for coffee; the buss boy, another server, we tried to intercept the foh manager to no avail and they all gave us the same answer: your server will be right with you. No she was not, she was busy with a group of 10 and was unable to help us. We just wanted coffee. Same thing happen when we asked for the check. Server was MIA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paella funOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/19/2014Service and overall experience was quite good. The paella was good but not memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceExcellentDined on 9/13/2014I really loved my experience here. The staff was very warm and welcoming. The waiters provided excellent customer service and offered great recommendations. Compared to the other restaurants my significant other and I have visited, I would rank Boca Bistro as the best. Pricing was also very good. Our meal for 2 was roughly $100 dollars and we weren't able to finish our main course (too much food). The atmosphere was also good. Not crowded or loud. Very cozy and comfortable. I will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timersfoodie333Dined on 9/12/2014Nice clean reasturant. Food was good very rich, good if you like aioli on everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was amazingUberFoodieDined on 9/10/2014Picked the perfect place to enjoy a lovely dinner and pamper two close friends from out of town. My friend loved her duck, and not a morsel was left of my scallop entree- they were AMAZING. The waitstaff was exceptionally attentive but managed not hover, and we loved the attention to detail of every delectable ingredient that went into the creation of this unique Spanish menu. Boca will be seeing more of me and my friends very soon. I couldn't have chosen a better place right in the heart of Broadway. Kudos on an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- Abrir o hacer BocaFydiDined on 9/6/2014Had a wonderful experience and would definitely recommend. Interesting Spanish cuisine and not too pricy. The service was excellent with multiple visits to clear plates and ask how things were. Was too full for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca BistrotRoby01Dined on 8/31/2014Very beautiful place where food and drink are high quality level.Paella is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sisters in SaratogaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed a traditional Labor Day Weekend at the track in our fabulous hats. Boca was recommended by the Springs Spa Director, great recommendation. The paella for 2 fed 4 easily and was incredible. Great sangria.Special Features:
- Perfect food and servicepbchiDined on 8/30/2014We were there at very busy evening in Saratoga but the waitstaff and kitchen handled everything perfectly. We got good food advice, never rushed and had a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what we hopedDavidDined on 8/30/2014As for food, tried the tapas menu. Octopus was over cooked, other choices were just so so. Only exception were the bacon wrapped figs!! As for service, way to much in your face. Waiter was nice, but back at every few minutes. Same with water person. Too much! Also, stuck in a side room with no music. The vibe was too quiet.
- Best Paella!BettyLuDined on 8/29/2014This place is one of my favorite ones! They have the best Paella in town!!! The taste is sooo good, it will make you come back for more. I tried the seafood and the chicken, chorizo, seafood. Both are excellent in flavor. definitely ahuthentic! Excelente!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Boca Bistro.DatenightDined on 8/29/2014Seafood paella is always worth waiting for! Made a spur of the moment reservation on opentable- Bsbysitter was available! No wait, right to our table. Great night, great food. Great place. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great paellaMish714Dined on 8/26/2014The two of us had paella - all we really needed were 2 more people to eat it. Huge portion, some of the best mussels I've ever eaten. We've now tried all 3 DZ restaurants in Saratoga, and they are all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu!ChrissieVIPDined on 8/24/2014Deliscious food!! Lots of great Gluten Free options. Our waitress was new (we think) - and service was incredibly slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perhaps perfect?daleydaleVIPDined on 8/24/2014we were in saratoga for the weekend and booked this restaurant on open tables. which is my source for finding wonderful places. the four of us agreed. best meal out ever. the food was perfect. as they say... a party in my mouth. unexpected combinations of food that were absolutely amazing. we sat outside and the people around us were noisy but it looked quiet and charming inside. again.... one of the best meals we have had..... and we are foodies.Special Features:
- Great Location and ServicexctravelerDined on 8/24/2014I ordered two Tapas items, Fried Calamari and Stuffed Peppers, my wife had a salad. I also ordered a local draft beer. The food was fine, the Calamari portion was larger than I would have expected for a Tapas offering and the were a bit chewier than I like. The Stuffed Peppers were a delight. My wife's Kale salad was excellent. Again the portion size was very large and even with my help we brought home a take home with enough for her to enjoy a second meal.Special Features:
- Overall reviewRustyVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is outstanding. The ambulance is wonderful and the wine list is very thiughtfully chosen. However, the service is 2nd rate. The staff not been trained in how to take care of customers and they have not been trained in how to serve food at a table. Once we are able to eat after utensils had been supplied, the dinner was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca-more thn just tapasLarryDined on 8/23/2014We have found Boca to be a delightful tapaa restuarant, but also to offer something beyond that. They have unique full course offerings that are imaginative and of excellent quality. This is a high energy establishment, that we find very appealing on a busy Saratoga Springs evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuinnsnwhitesnkellysDined on 8/23/2014Our experience on Travers night was outstanding. We ordered Paella and that too was outstanding. We dined outside and the staff could not have been more professional. Thank You!Special Features:
- A Taste of Spain in SaratogaArlingtonDinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014A companion and I had a wonderful dinner at Boca Bistro last weekend. We tried a variety of tapas, and all were excellent. Top marks go to the rice croquettes and the stuffed piquillo peppers. The wine list was varied and well-priced. Service was very friendly and professional. Our only complaint was that we were seated under a very cold air vent, but the servers tried to get it adjusted for us. Even though it was Travers Weekend, with its large crowds, we never felt rushed. I would definitely return and try some more dishes.Special Features:
- A Fun Place for lunch or dinnerLouisVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great time at Boca Bistro. Our waiter was very helpful and personable. Great food and nice menu.Special Features:
- cosistently excellentBigFanDined on 8/18/2014Service and food always outstanding and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/17/2014This was our second visit in less than a month. We had to come back for the paella. You could easily feed 4 with the one pan. Excellent tapas as well. We will always return here: race season or not.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Great experience. Love the menu and atmosphere. Salads are flavorful and freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice MealgenacmVIPDined on 8/16/2014Group of 4 had a nice meal here with tapas to begin followed by a paella to share. I liked how the server staged our tapas, first cold then hot, and there was plenty of food. All was very good. Once the last race at the track is over Boca fills up fast with a rowdy crowd so it's pretty noisy. The night we were there the manager had his hands full managing two tables of people who had spent their day either drowning their losses or celebrating their wins; he did a nice job keeping order.Special Features: