Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bocabistro.com/
- Phone: 5186822800x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily: 11:30pm - CLOSE;
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am – 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 11:30am – 10:30pm,
Sunday: 11:30am – 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 4:30pm - 6:00pm
Happy Hour: Sunday 11:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Roslyn Zecchini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Boca Bistro's warm, intimate atmosphere is the perfect setting for your private event. Aesthetically inspiring, its brick walls, hard wood floors and pressed tin ceilings invoke the authenticity of conventional Spanish architecture while still remaining slightly modern.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8883384515
- Entertainment: Downtown District
A word from Boca Bistro
Boca Bistro, a Spanish Bistro and Tapas Bar, blends vintage Spanish elements with a distinctive contemporary spirit unique to every DZ Restaurant. Combining earthen and distressed textures with stylistic accents and a touch of Mediterranean influence Boca Bistro embodies the charismatic old-world essence of an authentic Spanish restaurant. A diverse menu of authentic Spanish cuisine and tapas matched by superb interior design results in a dining experience to rival any to be found on the cobbled streets of Spain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Boca Bistro - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Boca Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (40)hot spot (39)vibrant bar scene (38)great for outdoor dining (37)romantic (32)special occasion (31)notable wine list (30)great for lunch (20)late-night find (10)great for brunch (9)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Love eating here. It's our favorite restaurant in Saratoga Springs. Food is excellent and so is the waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new favoritecadwalladerDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner with great service. Lots of fun- loved having so many menu choices, main courses or small plates. Food was delicious! Great bar scene!Special Features:
- Boca Bistro SaratogaGlobeTraveler2Dined on 10/10/2014This was our second time eating at this restaurant. Our first visit was without a reservation, luckily we were able to score a table in the bar area. Our second visit we were smart enough to book a reservation. Sure enough if we hadn't booked early we would not have gotten a table, many we're turned away. The food was excellent, along with our waiter. We loved the look of the restaurant. Not to big or too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca Bistro is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014I have been to Boca Bistro for lunch twice this year. If I lived in Saratoga I would go more often. The service is friendly and quick, with many wait staff keeping an eye on your needs. The food is fresh and delicious - starting with fresh warm yummy bread served with a side of olives in a dish of olive oil for dipping and snacking. The atmosphere is warm, relaxing and comfortable. I would go there again and again. I feel more than comfortable recommending Boca Bistro to anyone who wants a nice relaxing lunch with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for FoodieswaterfordzooDined on 9/26/2014This was our first visit to Boca. My wife is a vegetarian foodie, so we are very selective of the restaurants that we go to. Boca will not disappoint. We split five tapas between us: 1) Egg omelette, 2) Stuffed Peppers, 3) street corn, 4) sauteed wild mushrooms, and 5) scallop tapas special with heirloom tomatoes, fried black beans, and watercress (?). Each dish was nicely presented and was very flavorful. In my wife's words, "the scallop dish could be on Iron Chef!" It was an extremely creative dish that was absolutely bursting with flavor. I would recommend Boca to anyone who appreciates good food and food adventures.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014As usual food was great, however the service was not up to par. I understand the various levels of front of the house service but in the end the customer needs to be taken care of. Our server "forgot" us, literally. Someone else had to bring us our other set of tapas after noticing that the table was clear for too long. At the end of the meal, we asked 3 different FOH people for coffee; the buss boy, another server, we tried to intercept the foh manager to no avail and they all gave us the same answer: your server will be right with you. No she was not, she was busy with a group of 10 and was unable to help us. We just wanted coffee. Same thing happen when we asked for the check. Server was MIA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paella funOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/19/2014Service and overall experience was quite good. The paella was good but not memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceExcellentDined on 9/13/2014I really loved my experience here. The staff was very warm and welcoming. The waiters provided excellent customer service and offered great recommendations. Compared to the other restaurants my significant other and I have visited, I would rank Boca Bistro as the best. Pricing was also very good. Our meal for 2 was roughly $100 dollars and we weren't able to finish our main course (too much food). The atmosphere was also good. Not crowded or loud. Very cozy and comfortable. I will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timersfoodie333Dined on 9/12/2014Nice clean reasturant. Food was good very rich, good if you like aioli on everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was amazingUberFoodieDined on 9/10/2014Picked the perfect place to enjoy a lovely dinner and pamper two close friends from out of town. My friend loved her duck, and not a morsel was left of my scallop entree- they were AMAZING. The waitstaff was exceptionally attentive but managed not hover, and we loved the attention to detail of every delectable ingredient that went into the creation of this unique Spanish menu. Boca will be seeing more of me and my friends very soon. I couldn't have chosen a better place right in the heart of Broadway. Kudos on an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- Abrir o hacer BocaFydiDined on 9/6/2014Had a wonderful experience and would definitely recommend. Interesting Spanish cuisine and not too pricy. The service was excellent with multiple visits to clear plates and ask how things were. Was too full for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca BistrotRoby01Dined on 8/31/2014Very beautiful place where food and drink are high quality level.Paella is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sisters in SaratogaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed a traditional Labor Day Weekend at the track in our fabulous hats. Boca was recommended by the Springs Spa Director, great recommendation. The paella for 2 fed 4 easily and was incredible. Great sangria.Special Features:
- Perfect food and servicepbchiDined on 8/30/2014We were there at very busy evening in Saratoga but the waitstaff and kitchen handled everything perfectly. We got good food advice, never rushed and had a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what we hopedDavidDined on 8/30/2014As for food, tried the tapas menu. Octopus was over cooked, other choices were just so so. Only exception were the bacon wrapped figs!! As for service, way to much in your face. Waiter was nice, but back at every few minutes. Same with water person. Too much! Also, stuck in a side room with no music. The vibe was too quiet.
- Best Paella!BettyLuDined on 8/29/2014This place is one of my favorite ones! They have the best Paella in town!!! The taste is sooo good, it will make you come back for more. I tried the seafood and the chicken, chorizo, seafood. Both are excellent in flavor. definitely ahuthentic! Excelente!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Boca Bistro.DatenightDined on 8/29/2014Seafood paella is always worth waiting for! Made a spur of the moment reservation on opentable- Bsbysitter was available! No wait, right to our table. Great night, great food. Great place. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great paellaMish714Dined on 8/26/2014The two of us had paella - all we really needed were 2 more people to eat it. Huge portion, some of the best mussels I've ever eaten. We've now tried all 3 DZ restaurants in Saratoga, and they are all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu!ChrissieVIPDined on 8/24/2014Deliscious food!! Lots of great Gluten Free options. Our waitress was new (we think) - and service was incredibly slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perhaps perfect?daleydaleVIPDined on 8/24/2014we were in saratoga for the weekend and booked this restaurant on open tables. which is my source for finding wonderful places. the four of us agreed. best meal out ever. the food was perfect. as they say... a party in my mouth. unexpected combinations of food that were absolutely amazing. we sat outside and the people around us were noisy but it looked quiet and charming inside. again.... one of the best meals we have had..... and we are foodies.Special Features:
- Great Location and ServicexctravelerDined on 8/24/2014I ordered two Tapas items, Fried Calamari and Stuffed Peppers, my wife had a salad. I also ordered a local draft beer. The food was fine, the Calamari portion was larger than I would have expected for a Tapas offering and the were a bit chewier than I like. The Stuffed Peppers were a delight. My wife's Kale salad was excellent. Again the portion size was very large and even with my help we brought home a take home with enough for her to enjoy a second meal.Special Features:
- Overall reviewRustyVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is outstanding. The ambulance is wonderful and the wine list is very thiughtfully chosen. However, the service is 2nd rate. The staff not been trained in how to take care of customers and they have not been trained in how to serve food at a table. Once we are able to eat after utensils had been supplied, the dinner was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca-more thn just tapasLarryDined on 8/23/2014We have found Boca to be a delightful tapaa restuarant, but also to offer something beyond that. They have unique full course offerings that are imaginative and of excellent quality. This is a high energy establishment, that we find very appealing on a busy Saratoga Springs evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuinnsnwhitesnkellysDined on 8/23/2014Our experience on Travers night was outstanding. We ordered Paella and that too was outstanding. We dined outside and the staff could not have been more professional. Thank You!Special Features:
- A Taste of Spain in SaratogaArlingtonDinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014A companion and I had a wonderful dinner at Boca Bistro last weekend. We tried a variety of tapas, and all were excellent. Top marks go to the rice croquettes and the stuffed piquillo peppers. The wine list was varied and well-priced. Service was very friendly and professional. Our only complaint was that we were seated under a very cold air vent, but the servers tried to get it adjusted for us. Even though it was Travers Weekend, with its large crowds, we never felt rushed. I would definitely return and try some more dishes.Special Features:
- A Fun Place for lunch or dinnerLouisVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great time at Boca Bistro. Our waiter was very helpful and personable. Great food and nice menu.Special Features:
- cosistently excellentBigFanDined on 8/18/2014Service and food always outstanding and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/17/2014This was our second visit in less than a month. We had to come back for the paella. You could easily feed 4 with the one pan. Excellent tapas as well. We will always return here: race season or not.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Great experience. Love the menu and atmosphere. Salads are flavorful and freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice MealgenacmVIPDined on 8/16/2014Group of 4 had a nice meal here with tapas to begin followed by a paella to share. I liked how the server staged our tapas, first cold then hot, and there was plenty of food. All was very good. Once the last race at the track is over Boca fills up fast with a rowdy crowd so it's pretty noisy. The night we were there the manager had his hands full managing two tables of people who had spent their day either drowning their losses or celebrating their wins; he did a nice job keeping order.Special Features:
- Think twice, stay with small platesJoeBDined on 8/15/2014Our meal started good, with small plates but our large plates disappointed. The bone in chicken was over cooked, dry and chewy. The scallop dish served with book choy ( in a Tapas resturant) was well prepared but is not a good value.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversaryBuenProvechoDined on 8/14/2014Great experience in Saratoga. We had an anniversary dinner here. We love Spanish food and my wife eats gluten free. Menu was great and they were very accommodating. They gave special attention you gave to our Anniversary from the reservation. The extra touches they provided really made our experience all that much the better. The tapas and service were excellent! We will definitely come again when we are back in Saratoga.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Great food and service. Way too noisy for a party of four to enjoy any conversation at all!Special Features:
- love this place!eekayzeeDined on 8/13/2014have eaten here twice and will return again. this restaurant group knows what it's doing. the only problem with the menu is too many choices! we had the bronzini special, it was to die for!Special Features:
- Boca BistrocarkeyDined on 8/10/2014Very good Tapas, especially eggplant fries, with a nice choice of tastes. Large group had the Paella which looked divine. Rustic decor, family style tables, copper ceiling, but noise level is very high. Do not come here for an important discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- strong performancepbchiDined on 8/10/2014excellent and timely service, well prepared dishes from fresh ingredients and reasonable price ( for Saratoga) all resulted in good dining experience. A little noisy for my tastes but could have conversations well enough.Special Features:
- Lovely nightTbevDined on 8/9/2014We arrived on time but we're not seated for close to 45 minutes. However, it was there best table. A complimentary appetizer and two glasses arrived as an apology for the wait as this was an anniversary dinner. That type of service goes a long way. Our sever, Josh, was very knowledgeable. We would return if we could get the same outside seating. Inside was very noisy.Special Features:
- Slow service, loud restarauntMegsbo11Dined on 8/4/2014Service was slow. We were seated right next to a large party that was extremely loud even though there were plenty other tables we could have been seated at. I could barely hear the person next to me. Was almost impossible to have a conversation. Also our waiter seemed either more concerned with or overwhelmed by the large table and spent very little time with our table.
- Delicious & interesting foodTheBigVeeDined on 8/4/2014Delicious and diverse tapas menu made it easy and fun to satisfy (and delight) adult and teenage palates. Perfect for couples, families and groups. Red Sangria was terrific (flavorful, spicy, and not too sweet.) Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Read about it on TripAdvisorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We were looking for a good place in Saratoga last Sunday night. Food was great and wait staff was courteous and knowledgeable. We ordered four tapas, which we shared, and a couple of salads, all delicious. My husband and I are light eaters, and this was more than enough for us. We would certainly go again.Special Features: