901 W. Platt Street
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bocatampa.com/
- Phone: (813) 254-7070
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm -11:00pm, Bar 4:00pm-12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -12:00am, Bar 4:00pm -1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jessica Wafford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events:
A word from Boca
Seasonal fresh ingredients from local growers served in a cozy and comfortable neoghborhood ambience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Boca - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Boca reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)neighborhood gem (66)great for lunch (35)special occasion (27)good for groups (25)great for brunch (24)hot spot (21)great for outdoor dining (20)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (11)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Exceptional Food but Extremely Loud AtmosphereFloridaFoodieDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I are foodies who love farm to table restaurants. Boca is a gem that should be experienced. The menu is phenomenal, as is the service. The only drawbacks to our experience were that although we had reservations, we still had to wait about 30 minutes to be seated. The restaurant was packed the night we dined and the noise level was far too loud to enjoy our experience. I love lively places, but when you have to virtually scream across the table to have a conversation, it takes away from the experience. With the concrete and wood floors; and a wood beam ceiling, there's not much to absorb sound. The owners of this restaurant should invest in sound absorption materials to make the dining experience more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...AmyRDined on 11/15/2014Very average. Slightly disappointed when I changed my reservation from 2 to 4 people, they put us outside only to witness a car accident. I don't blame Boca, of course, but the street view is pretty busy and hard to hold conversations without distractions at our table. Location, location. Secondly, a cheese platter for $18 which includes charcuterie (meats) but the meat to cheese ratio was very very disproportionate. You may want to mention this to your waiter before ordering. Drinks are excellent, so was the service. Not sure what to make of the menu, the concept is farm to table, rustic. I think they achieved this, organic and fresh, but looking at the menu visually makes it rather confusing. I cannot pinpoint exactly why, just unappealing somehow. I did not indicate "special occasion" but if you determine this by price, then you may want to consider it. The overall dining experience was pricey for what was prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat on patio-Inside Much TOO Noisyweloveelizabeths2Dined on 11/9/2014My husband's scallop special was meager (3 scallops) and when initially described to him by waitress no mention of large marrow bone which comprised half of the dish. (He does not eat meat). My hamburger was overly salted. Valet parking which is mandatory due to limited space is now $5.00 when free before. We Might give them another chance.
- My new favorite place!gina777Dined on 11/9/2014My husband had brought me take out from Boca when he had a dinner meeting there awhile back. It was delicious. We tried it for brunch last Sunday and the food was outstanding! Our waiter was extremely attentive and friendly. They have complimentary valet service. The parking lot is small and fills up quickly, so the valet is great! I would definitely give this two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzyDined on 11/4/2014The food is EXCELLENT; I could taste the freshness. The waiter kept pushing a red blend, and all I wanted was straight cab. I know it's a special, but give me what I ask for! The cab was delicious, by the way. Maybe I am getting old, but Boca was a little loud for me. I enjoyed the boca chopped salad. Just the right about of dressing, not too much, and the items blended wonderfully together. My dinner guests who ordered the flat breads thought they were so so, too much bread, not enough toppings. Guests who ordered shrimp and scallops were not dissappointed, great flavors. I would definitely go back to try a couple other menu items and see how it is for a date nite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!Chica2uDined on 11/1/2014Grouper & scallops were outstanding, saucier is has amazing talent. We've never had a bad meal at Boca's. Robert & Melissa are great wait staff members. Always taking time to stop, chat & making sure everything is good but not intrusive. It's nice to have a restaurant that is consistently great!Special Features:
- Boca, one of our go to restaurantsGreekDined on 10/31/2014We love having this restaurant in our backyard. The sustainable, organic food is one of the reasons we like to eat here even though they may run out of items once in awhile like the last time we ate there. They were out of the Madeira Beach locally caught grouper. Our waitress was wonderfully refreshing and lively. Hope to get her again! The only recommendation I would make is to jazz up the menu as the menu has not changed in some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBethDined on 10/30/2014As always!! Frequent visitor. Please bring back en papier mealsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2014Having enjoyed Boca for lunch previously, we found their brunch to be terrific as well. My omelet (veggie) was absolutely delicious, fluffy and light. The Shrimp Eggs Benedict was new for us, and equally delicious. Service was efficient, without rushing us. We are eager to return.Special Features:
- Great local spot!STneighborDined on 10/25/2014Great local spot with excellent food. My wife had the filet and I had the shrimp and scallops. We sat outside but inside would have been just as enjoyable. They also have a great variety of cocktails and wines to choose from. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantJeniDined on 10/24/2014Good ambience and tasty food. All of their dishes have a unique twist to make them even more delishous. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an 'almost'VerySatisfiedDinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014We do not dine at Boca frequently. Why? For all the same reasons that happen EVERY time we eat there. Friday night dinner, 9pm. The usual noise level (loud), but when I asked about opening the windows behind our table (which would cool the space and let sound out) I got....absolutely no response. A nearly 10-min wait for a server to appear at our table to ask about drinks. Drinks came on time, as did salads and dinner. An excellent meal (the food)--although the table sitting next to us had waited SO LONG for their entrees that their dinner had to be comped. Same thing with us: I asked for a beer with dinner, it came after I was done--and the server blamed the bartender. (I watched---the order never went in). Boca is good. But never great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A improved experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The food was great and the staff was very friendly. The only problem was that it took 45 min to be served, but the manager apologized and brought us a free appetizer because we were "nice."Special Features:
- Wonderful!everydreamerDined on 10/15/2014First time eating here. Won't be the last. Food was wonderful. Not a huge menu, but nice variety. Our server was great. Good portions; not looking for something to eat after you leave. Prices very reasonable for quality of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very slow servicebasaltmarkDined on 10/11/2014If you have the time, this place is great. We had a variety of items but because of the slow service, the end of the meal dragged on and on. We sat outside and the temp was fine. We turned off the fan that was creating a small Cat 3 hurricane and it was much better. The music was a bit loud but inside was even louder....cement floors and bare walls and ceilings with lots of people.Special Features:
- Consistently OutstandingPGatorDined on 10/10/2014Arguable my favorite place to eat in Tampa. The food is outstanding form the more complex dishes to the simplest (their burger is one of the best). Service is great. We are not regulars by any extent, but have been there enough that some of the staff know us. Had a waiter, who was not serving us but recognized us, stop by our table to say hello and ask how are meal was.Special Features:
- delish and innovativenjoysthebestDined on 10/6/2014We went to Boca on the recommendtion by my youngest daughter...I am so glad that we did!!! The menu was certainly innovative with fresh foods and ideas...ie: food from the wall ( you have to go see to understand). None of our dishes were kept warm by microwave or lamps...all hot and all fresh and VERY delicious. We were allowed to dine as opposed to just eating out...no rushed feeling at all !! Our waitress was a delight and very knowledgeable and accomodating...she should get a raise!! We have certainly found a new restaurant to add to our list of favorites... bon apetiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the WallOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014Boca is our favorite South Tampa restaurant. We love the "off the wall" menu, we always split the Bibb salad. I ordered the staff meal this last visit and the duck was delicious....cooked perfectly! My husband had the short ribs and he said they were delicious. We've never been disappointed, it's our "go to" place with business clients and guests.Special Features:
- Lunch with friendLunchladyDined on 9/25/2014A friend recommended Boca so I took a good friend there to celebrate her birthday one afternoon. Our waitress was excellent. Attentive and well versed on the menu. My friend had flatbread which was awesome and I had the fish of the day, hogfish prepared perfectly. Our waitress was quick to help with a dietary substitution. Everything was well prepared and presented beautifully. We'll be back with our husbands.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/21/2014My husband and I make the drive to Boca from Pinellas just for the brunch. The brunch is incredible, and I love how fresh everything is! We even took my very hard to please father-in-law there, and he liked it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food service needs workJBTOpenTableDined on 9/20/2014We dined on Saturday as a group of four. First we had to wait even though we had a reservation because they said our table wasn't ready even though there were open tables. We had a drink at the bar where they have some good house crafted cocktails. When we were seated we shared a couple of appetizers . One had unripe red tomatoes on a burata caprese. When we brought it to the server's attention he said that was the way the chef preferred his tomatoes. He later came back admitted he was incorrect but never offered to remove from our bill. Additionally! The entrees were brought while we're still enjoying our appetizers. The sausage flatbread pizza was very good. The short rib was excellent. The redfish was solid. The wine selection is solidSpecial Features:
- Yum!RefineryVIPDined on 9/20/2014Boca is always so great for brunch or dinner. It's a favorite among friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, amazing food in SoHoJeremyDined on 9/16/2014Went with a business group of 6 and had an incredible meal and experience. Amy was our server and was both knowledgeable and patient with our group. They have daily drink and entree of the day that we got and were both great as well. Highly recommend that if you are in the SoHo area you check them out!Special Features:
- BocaCostelloDined on 9/15/2014It was great! Mel was a great server and Dawn is always such a kind manager. The catch if the day was light and flavorful. The fried green tomatoes are delish! The cocktails are fun. Went here with a few girlfriends and had a nice personal dinner with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceLuvmyfoodDined on 9/14/2014My first visit left a good impression, except for the slow service. The waiter was exceptional and engaging, the problem was getting your food quick and hot, it seems they have not mastered how to serve quickly during peak hours. I was a party of one and the table with 5 or 6 people around me were served first and quicker. My food, although good, arrived cold but I was too hungry to send it back. If I go back I will try to go with a group, maybe then I will get my food hot and quicker service.Special Features:
- Great all around menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014We have been coming to Boca for the past couple years, but usually for dinner. Their brunch was delicious and unique. It was well presented and great flavors. Looking forward to trying the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Loved It For LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Carmen waited on our Lunch Bunch group Friday afternoon and she was wonderful. Patient, funny and helpful with menu questions, she made the experience memorable. The restaurant was busy yet the service was quick and food was terrific. It's a bit noisy for conversation with a group, but that's not uncommon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites in dowtownGreekDined on 9/9/2014We live in the dowtown area and Boca along with only a few other restaurants stands out. My friend and I met there for lunch and although we both ordered the soup of the day and salad, we loved it! Everything was FRESH and tasty. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca'sChica2uDined on 8/29/2014Our server Melissa was great! Made our night at Boca's despite the fact she was from Boston lol food was delicious & the bloody Mary's were over the top with veggies & taste. Shrimp & grits had such great flavor, I couldn't stop eating it even though my stomach was telling me otherwise. Valet guy Cason is a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Too ShabbyBaha78VIPDined on 8/27/2014Very relaxed/casual feeling to the place. The food is really good and they have a little bit of everything. The specialty drinks are fun and imaginative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed in the sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014The server was energetic and the place was loud. Most of the food was amazing but the grilled cheese was a huge let down.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Love the farm to table concept. Good food, good service, nothing outstanding. Very loud and we were seated far away from bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodBruceTampaVIPDined on 8/23/2014It always good when the food exceeds the description on the menu, and it does!Special Features:
- Another Home Run!FoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014We eat at Boca as often as possible when we're in Tampa and this time did not disappoint either. Not only was the food incredible, but we had Nicholas as our server this time and he only enhanced anincredible meal and a wonderful atmosphere with his great personality and sense of humor (which is important to us because we LOVE to laugh).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but deliciousKimFLDined on 8/21/2014I've only ever been here for lunch and always enjoy a NorCal Flatbread. I've gone with friends who have tried different items on the menu and everyone always enjoys the food here. The service is good, food is delicious and reasonably priced, but the noise level in the restaurant is loud. I'm not generally sensitive to sound but if you had a large group you would never be able to hear each other at opposite ends of the table. Even at a table for two you have to speak louder than usual. Also, there is a portable AC unit in the entryway which helps when you're standing right in front of it, other then that, it is warm. None of my gripes are enough to deter me from going, but there are some areas for improvement.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014just one thing- it was HOT!!!!! It was almost too hot to dine...
- Extremely PositiveJZWPDined on 8/20/2014I regularly bring “out-of-towners” to Boca for either lunch or dinner. The feedback from my guests has always been extremely positive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food w/a local flair!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Great food w/a local flair! Love that they grow their own herbs and veggiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodiefinds1Dined on 8/10/2014This place is a little hidden gem. The food was prepared beautifully and very fresh. The shrimp and grits are Delish! Very bright and open. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAnnieDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great menu (something for everyone) and a fun atmosphere! What more can you ask for?Special Features: