Bob's Steak and Chop House - Woodlands
1700 Research Forest Drive
Shenandoah, TX 77381Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/locations/the-woodlands/reservations/
- Phone: 281-292-2627x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kyle Struble
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bob's Steak and Chop House - Woodlands
Bob’s is the traditional American Prime Steakhouse, combining simple elegance, a lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wine and large cuts of the finest prime steaks, chops and seafood. Come visit us and enjoy the taste of prime beef served by people who take real pride in the name "Bob's Steak & Chop House.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)notable wine list (90)romantic (78)neighborhood gem (62)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (49)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (20)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Our opinion of many of the steakhouse restaurants in the Woodlands is that they have become very pretentious and full of themselves, sith the food turning mediocre. Bob's was a very welcome change. Food was outstanding, choices were very dynamic, service was outstanding, atmosphere was excellent. Bob's is now my steakhouse in the Woodlands. Noise level makes it seem lively and not somber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awkward serviceVWGTODined on 10/22/2014Steak/salmon/salad were very good. Potatoes and mushrooms just okay. Bread was forgettable. Service was awkward, and not the attention to detail you would expect - - not even a butter knife?? The $ spent on the two roaming "is everything wonderful" managers would be better spent on the basics like keeping drinks full and dishes cleared.
- Phenomenal steakhouseFoodiemachineDined on 10/22/2014We've been to many and had quite a few disappointments. If you can grill a better steak at home, it's not up to par for us. Bob's excels in every respect; service, steak quality and taste, and scrumptious sides/desserts. You can't go wrong with the bone-in filet or cote de boeuf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barbara LasherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Having lived in Houston for years and moved out here 4+ yrs ago this is by far the BEST restaurant in The Woodlands. Will go back soon.Special Features:
- First time at Bob's.P1warwickVIPDined on 10/18/2014Service was great. Shrimp cocktail full large shrimp, good sauce and horseradish. Lobster bisque also very good. Mixed drinks were done perfectly as well. Fried shrimp seamed over cooked. Mentioned it to waiter, offered us alternate, but we kept it. Yes over cooked. Oh well. T bone was cooked just right and skillet fried potatoes with gravy better than we expected. A good place, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Great service, food, drinks and wine! The steaks were cooked perfectly and the fried lobster with lemon and butter was very tasty. The single large glazed carrot is pretty on the plate and balanced the meal with a light sweetness.Special Features:
- OsitoVIPDined on 10/17/2014The steak are superb, as well as the service! Especially the sirlon and the cheese cake.Special Features:
- Great service, ok foodSteakattackDined on 10/13/2014My wife and I went to Bob's for our anniversary and we had an enjoyable dinner. We went on a Monday so it wasn't too busy or loud. The service was excellent, the server was very attentive but not over the top. The lobster bisque and salad was good, but I was a little let down by the main course. The steaks were cooked at the right temp, but were salty, which was a first. Also, the sides were subpar, we had potatoes, green beans and the famous carrot. Overall, it was a good meal, but I still prefer pappas or Eddie Vs, I think their food is just a notch above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Lovely rooms, terrific food, great service. A must do.Special Features:
- impeccable serviceRobeDined on 10/11/2014The service was wonderful: knowledgeable, cheerful, polite but not obsequious and attentive but non-intrusive. The food was very good. The calamari appetizer was delicious. The salads were great too, although the tomatoes in my tomato and onion salad could have been more ripe, and the blue cheese a little stronger. The red onions, however, were delicious, with that edge of spiciness that provides the perfect counterpoint to the sweet acidity of ripe tomatoes. The steak was wonderful, cooked exactly medium rare. The carrot however was cartoonish and wasteful. Also, the hostesses need training. Finally, the service: our waiter Kevin was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, and his service was star quality. He was prompt , courteous.Special Features:
- Service came to a grinding HALT.FamiliaDined on 10/11/20146pm reservation:seated at the darkest section of the dining area.7pm:waitress took on more and more tables the service came to a grinding HALT,staff bumping into each other.Waitress:well trained,over sold menu.We were not happy,she was scrambling,totally overextended.Tables were seated,served and tables cleaned and reset before we could ask for desert or get the check,we could not leave the restaurant until after 8pm. Spending over $200 to enjoy a celebrated meal in the dark,with very poor service at an incredibly high noise level it should not take over 2 hours in an establishment such as Bob's.
- outstandingJenaDined on 10/10/2014The best lobster bisque ever. The bone in rib eye was perfectly cooked and seasoned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Very good food and good service. Felt at times he was trying to over sell to our group (wines, specials, and desserts). But overall a good experience in entertaining customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scrumptiousluvbobsDined on 10/4/2014The first time for us. The food was incredible. We will definitely recommend others to dine thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimecfredDined on 10/4/2014The service was outstanding, friendly and personable. The food was really good, my steak was a little overcooked and chewy but flavorfull the carrots were fantastic and i don't like carrots .Special Features:
- I miss Steak 'n AlepickydinerDined on 10/4/2014Restaurant was buzzing with employees trying to serve customers. While service is important they were bumping into each other since the tables were so close together. The later the evening got, the louder it became since everyone was trying to talk over one another. Food choices were good and I especially loved the glazed carrot served with each dish. Didn't care for the idea of the jar of pickles on the table as I saw a guest at another table stick his fingers in it to get one out. My salad was soggy. The steak and lobster were cooked to perfection. Bread was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim's review.JimboDined on 10/4/2014Great restaurant. Food is fantastic. No windows, though. However the ambiance is really nice. Makes you forget where you are. A little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special ExperiencechrisDined on 10/4/2014Bob's is the premier high end steak house in the Woodlands area. Serves prime beef. Service excellent. The only criticism I have is the wine by the glass list. Too expensive and too few entries.Special Features:
- Better OptionsBarneyDined on 10/4/2014Perry's and Morton are better options in the Woodlands; would drive into town to go to Pappas Bros.Special Features:
- Family DinnerFMVFmlytimeDined on 10/4/2014Excellent spot for a nice, quiet, friendly, delicious and great service dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice steak houseBfoodieDined on 10/3/2014Went here for our 29th wedding anniversary. Steaks were yummy, pretty good value since the steak meal included choice of potato and a big, glazed carrot. Wine was good (little pricey) creme brulee was a bit thick, but had a nice carmel flavor. Ambience very relaxing. Could do without so much chatter from server, just at the beginning of the meal. Not sure why so many restaurants feel compelled to share the history of the restaurant because I really don't care about that. Nice touch with a complimentary split of champagne and anniversary card!Special Features:
- Broad interest appealTxAgDined on 9/25/2014would appeal to many diners, couples to large groups as well as guys night out. Excellently appointed smoking room complete with large screen monitorsaver for watching the game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLuvLesDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our anniversary there and we totally enjoyed our experience (first time there). The service was perfect as well as the food. The complimentary champagne and dessert for our anniversary was such a class act. We have told many people now about our experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Todd D & Monica DTMDAF9Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first time dinning at Bob's - heard so much about the restaurants from my numerous travels to Dallas. We had such a wonderful experience - the food was amazing - service was amazing - I've had the privilege to dine at many fantastic restaurants in The Woodlands - Bob's is our new #1!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for late nite diningNumber1VIPDined on 9/19/2014First time dining and we were not disappointed. We read all the reviews before dining and we were amazed with the food and the exceptional service . We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/17/2014Great quality of food Great quality in drinks Great quality in service Equals great times and we look forward to our next excuse to go to Bob's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A standout in The WoodlandsGregTDined on 9/13/2014While we have a number of nice steak houses in The Woodlands, Bob's Steak & Chop House is a standout. The entire experience from start to finish is superior to others in the area. Outstanding service, appetizers, steaks and desert...everything one expects from an exceptional restaurant.Special Features:
- ExcellentwinoDined on 9/12/2014Delicious food, wonderful service, lovely ambiance!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICEDinesoutalotVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have been in a great many steakhouses and none were as good as Bob's. Members of my party all raved about their choices including my 3 year old granddaughter. Service was pleasant, attentive, and very accommodating. I noted the mix of guests -- couples, families, large groups, all age groups -- everyone seemed to be quite satisfied. The energy level is high and makes for a congenial atmosphere. Bob's is without a doubt, the best addition to the many new restaurants opening in The Woodlands and the greater Houston area. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just what we wanted!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014We had dinner out with friends to celebrate a birthday. The food and service was excellent. The recommended wine was wonderful. The staff is very attentive. I think the restaurant is well designed for noise level. People were seated all around us but I had no trouble with our table conversation nor was I distracted by others. Highly recommend for a special dinner out!Special Features:
- excellent classic fine diningstarannetteDined on 9/1/2014Our server Nick was fabulous .We ordered the filet and prime ribeye. Perfectly cooked. Came with a whole loaf of french bread with a crisp crust and real butter. Table is set with a jar filled with fresh pickles and sweet red peppers. Sides are a large glazed carrot and choice of potatoes prepared 3 different ways. The smashed potatoes were great and the baked potato offers butter sour cream cheese chives and bacon to make it loaded. Fine liquors. Beautiful venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/28/2014Awesome service and great food what else can you ask for. They also have this cool cigar room to watch the game with the boys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with vendorConairVIPDined on 8/27/2014Enjoyable evening and filet was cooked to perfection. Was not crowded so was able to enjoy conversation during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnsmithDined on 8/26/2014Service was great, until we were preempted by a table selecting wine at the same time we were ready to leave, which delayed us perhaps 20 minutes. Not catastrophic. I had the 9 oz. filet mignon, which seemed larger, my wife had the crab cakes. Both were excellent. On par with Kirby's, etc. I've seen several comments that it's too loud. That wasn't an issue, but to be fair we were there on a Tuesday night. The carrot is strange. Doesn't add anything to the meal and makes for odd visual presentation. Next time I'll ask if they can just skip it. Wine selection was good, but the markup is excessive. Cheapest wine I saw was $42, and couldn't find anything that interested us for less than $75. We made do with house wine by the glassSpecial Features:
- Great Steaks and settinggoodmealsDined on 8/23/2014we enjoyed the entire experience there for a family eventSpecial Features:
- First Visit for Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014First time to this restaurant and had a great experience. Staff was very knowledgable and helped us with all of the choices both with the food as well as the spirits. We tried the Lobster Bisque, Peach Cosmo, Duvel (Beer), Filets (one Bone-In), Cream Spinach, and bread pudding and Chocolate cake for dessert. Waiter assisted us with al of our seelctions and both the manager and owner came to our table and asked us about our dinners and ensured that our steaks and dinners were as expected. Wife raved over the Cosmo and dinner overall and I really enjoyed the Bone-In Filet as well as the Cream Spinach. Really great experience as this restaurant and we will be back soon and bring some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningScottDined on 8/23/2014The bread was great, the salads were excellent an the steaks were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJCamDined on 8/22/2014Took my wife to Bob’s for a kid free date night. Atmosphere:Loud,not “energetic”.Conversation noise so loud at times I was yelling across the table just to talk to wife.Manager did offer to move us, but food already arrived.Would think a better idea would be to quite the problem, not cater to it. Food:Shrimp appetizer-3 of 4 had one side burnt, served burnt side down, as to hide them. Entrée-surf and turf- 9oz fillet served with their large glazed carrot,it bled into the steak,killed steak flavor;wife agreed.Lobster:over-cooked (chewy) and several spots with small chips of shell.I could have got that at red lobster and at a better price. Service:Very good.Also did great with the little working room they have. Sorry, hoped for better.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceRAD1973Dined on 8/22/2014Great place for a special occasion. On the pricey side but we knew it going in. Food and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & FoodSusanBDined on 8/22/2014If you're looking for a quiet spot for a romantic night out or to carry on a conversation with others at your table, be careful where you're seated. Everything was great until a large group was seated in the back room where we were. I thought by having an earlier seating we would have been able to avoid. No such luck. All in all, the service and food was fantastic!Special Features: