Bob's Steak and Chop House - Woodlands
1700 Research Forest Drive
Shenandoah, TX 77381Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/locations/the-woodlands/reservations/
- Phone: 281-292-2627x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kyle Struble
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re having an intimate dinner, a gathering after work or a corporate function, everything about Bob’s Steak and Chop House makes you feel like you belong. With five private and semi-private dining rooms at your disposal, Bob’s has the prefect space for every occasion!
- Private Party Contact: Eric Ferrell (281) 292-2627x
A word from Bob's Steak and Chop House - Woodlands
Bob’s is the traditional American Prime Steakhouse, combining simple elegance, a lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wine and large cuts of the finest prime steaks, chops and seafood. Come visit us and enjoy the taste of prime beef served by people who take real pride in the name "Bob's Steak & Chop House.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (138)notable wine list (95)romantic (84)neighborhood gem (72)good for groups (63)fit for foodies (48)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (26)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/17/2014Great quality of food Great quality in drinks Great quality in service Equals great times and we look forward to our next excuse to go to Bob's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A standout in The WoodlandsGregTDined on 9/13/2014While we have a number of nice steak houses in The Woodlands, Bob's Steak & Chop House is a standout. The entire experience from start to finish is superior to others in the area. Outstanding service, appetizers, steaks and desert...everything one expects from an exceptional restaurant.Special Features:
- ExcellentwinoDined on 9/12/2014Delicious food, wonderful service, lovely ambiance!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICEDinesoutalotVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have been in a great many steakhouses and none were as good as Bob's. Members of my party all raved about their choices including my 3 year old granddaughter. Service was pleasant, attentive, and very accommodating. I noted the mix of guests -- couples, families, large groups, all age groups -- everyone seemed to be quite satisfied. The energy level is high and makes for a congenial atmosphere. Bob's is without a doubt, the best addition to the many new restaurants opening in The Woodlands and the greater Houston area. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just what we wanted!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014We had dinner out with friends to celebrate a birthday. The food and service was excellent. The recommended wine was wonderful. The staff is very attentive. I think the restaurant is well designed for noise level. People were seated all around us but I had no trouble with our table conversation nor was I distracted by others. Highly recommend for a special dinner out!Special Features:
- excellent classic fine diningstarannetteDined on 9/1/2014Our server Nick was fabulous .We ordered the filet and prime ribeye. Perfectly cooked. Came with a whole loaf of french bread with a crisp crust and real butter. Table is set with a jar filled with fresh pickles and sweet red peppers. Sides are a large glazed carrot and choice of potatoes prepared 3 different ways. The smashed potatoes were great and the baked potato offers butter sour cream cheese chives and bacon to make it loaded. Fine liquors. Beautiful venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/28/2014Awesome service and great food what else can you ask for. They also have this cool cigar room to watch the game with the boys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with vendorConairVIPDined on 8/27/2014Enjoyable evening and filet was cooked to perfection. Was not crowded so was able to enjoy conversation during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnsmithDined on 8/26/2014Service was great, until we were preempted by a table selecting wine at the same time we were ready to leave, which delayed us perhaps 20 minutes. Not catastrophic. I had the 9 oz. filet mignon, which seemed larger, my wife had the crab cakes. Both were excellent. On par with Kirby's, etc. I've seen several comments that it's too loud. That wasn't an issue, but to be fair we were there on a Tuesday night. The carrot is strange. Doesn't add anything to the meal and makes for odd visual presentation. Next time I'll ask if they can just skip it. Wine selection was good, but the markup is excessive. Cheapest wine I saw was $42, and couldn't find anything that interested us for less than $75. We made do with house wine by the glassSpecial Features:
- Great Steaks and settinggoodmealsDined on 8/23/2014we enjoyed the entire experience there for a family eventSpecial Features:
- First Visit for Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014First time to this restaurant and had a great experience. Staff was very knowledgable and helped us with all of the choices both with the food as well as the spirits. We tried the Lobster Bisque, Peach Cosmo, Duvel (Beer), Filets (one Bone-In), Cream Spinach, and bread pudding and Chocolate cake for dessert. Waiter assisted us with al of our seelctions and both the manager and owner came to our table and asked us about our dinners and ensured that our steaks and dinners were as expected. Wife raved over the Cosmo and dinner overall and I really enjoyed the Bone-In Filet as well as the Cream Spinach. Really great experience as this restaurant and we will be back soon and bring some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningScottDined on 8/23/2014The bread was great, the salads were excellent an the steaks were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJCamDined on 8/22/2014Took my wife to Bob’s for a kid free date night. Atmosphere:Loud,not “energetic”.Conversation noise so loud at times I was yelling across the table just to talk to wife.Manager did offer to move us, but food already arrived.Would think a better idea would be to quite the problem, not cater to it. Food:Shrimp appetizer-3 of 4 had one side burnt, served burnt side down, as to hide them. Entrée-surf and turf- 9oz fillet served with their large glazed carrot,it bled into the steak,killed steak flavor;wife agreed.Lobster:over-cooked (chewy) and several spots with small chips of shell.I could have got that at red lobster and at a better price. Service:Very good.Also did great with the little working room they have. Sorry, hoped for better.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceRAD1973Dined on 8/22/2014Great place for a special occasion. On the pricey side but we knew it going in. Food and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & FoodSusanBDined on 8/22/2014If you're looking for a quiet spot for a romantic night out or to carry on a conversation with others at your table, be careful where you're seated. Everything was great until a large group was seated in the back room where we were. I thought by having an earlier seating we would have been able to avoid. No such luck. All in all, the service and food was fantastic!Special Features:
- WOWcoreyDined on 8/21/2014took my wife to this authentic steak house and we were both blown away. Kevin, our server, was the best waiter we've had in years, and both of us being vets of the service industry, are extremely critical. The filet was the best steak I've literally ever had, as well as the shrimp brochette. Definitely a special occasion restaurant, but literally superb service in every aspect, from the valet, to the hostess, and our server, we will be back and have personally recommended bobs to friends and family already. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRayBRayDined on 8/16/2014Far and away the most outrageously expensive restaurant I have ever been to. The a la carte bone-in filet was $79. They also double dip you on the valet service--$5 to park and another $5 or whatever tip for the driver. As for item 2 above--I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. There was a screaming child 2 tables away and neither the parents nor the restaurant did anything to quiet the child or cause the child to be removed. A child that young should not be allowed into a restaurant where you would expect there to be a nice ambience. Again, with regard to item 2 above, the only reason I checked anything is because I was forced to in order to submit my comments. There was not an appropriate option for me to choose.Special Features:
- Bob's surprised us!TexasTimDined on 8/16/2014Having dined at all the white table cloth restaurants in The Woodlands, I can honestly say Bob's has the best filet in the country. The Mrs. & I decided to check it out expecting a Morton's or Flemings cookie cutter steak house. Not Bob's. It has all the atmosphere of the big boys and the service but they threw us a curve or two. There is a jar of pickles on the table. They are huge dills! Had to try one. Not the best I've had but still a great twist. The hot bread came out and boy was it a superior, yeasty medium loaf of deliciousness. We both ordered the smallest filets. We didn't realize how generous the sides were that came with the entree. We got a huge, sweet roasted carrot and enough potatoes to feed an army!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hadicap Parkingjag1966txDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant itself was wonderful; food & service outstanding. My wife and I are both handicap and find it strange that the parking is in back of the restaurant. I understand that handicap parking takes up more space, but valet parking took up the majority of the front. When someone who is healthy (valet) can quickly retrieve the vehicle for someone, compared to the handicap, whom are not so healthy have to walk further for their parking. It did not make much sense. I will tell others that the food and service are outstanding. Sincerely JeffSpecial Features:
- Top end food and drinkFr4ct4lDined on 8/15/2014Bob's is everything you would expect from a fancy steakhouse--great food, good service, good bar and wine list, lovely ambience. The pickle jar is a delicious bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Great atmosphere, service and food. Enjoyed the bar service from Kerstin, and Marissa!Special Features:
- So-so not worth the $RitterDined on 8/13/2014We've been to Bob's several times. We won't return soon. This time the steaks were just so-so. Not worth the $. Don't care for the sweet humongous carrot that messes with the steak flavor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- filet4verOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014steak was very good,but my wife requested sauce to be put on the side, as with our potatoes as well; This was not done much to my wife's annoyance;Quality of the food was good,Bread took too long to be brought to the table, and was there just before the main course was served;Special Features:
- Sws1jctDined on 8/9/2014As always, Bob's is a great place for steaks. Our server was really good and very attentive w/o being overbearing.Special Features:
- I didn't realize how nice it was.teubankDined on 8/8/2014The food and atmosphere here are fantastic. Considering it's location, I didn't realize it was a fine dining establishment, but it is wonderful. We have always been huge Fleming's Steakhouse fans, but Bob's was every bit as good and the small dining areas made the atmosphere much more cozy and conversation friendly. We didn't care for the pickle and bell peppers on the table, but it was a good idea. The flavors were just off. Everything else though was outstanding. We both got filets and I added a Lobster Tail. We also split Mac N Cheese. Perfectly prepared all around! We usually order appetizers, but they only offer fish/seafood options, so we had to pass on that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/4/2014Been here several times and I am still impressed. Every cut I get has been great and service is always on point. Great for business and that special someone. Just don't ask for a window seat because they don't have one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Birthday DinnerBessteaitownDined on 8/2/2014All of the staff were very atentive to our needs and glad to be at their job. The food was superb with tremendous flavor. Everyone in our party found something they enjoyed and look forward to another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud to enjoyGrogansresidentDined on 8/1/2014Had dinner with my son at Bobs on a Friday night. This was our first time there and was expecting a lot more than it delivered. I am used to the filet looking nice and symmetrical on the plate. This filet looked like it had it had been though a meat grinder. My potato was not cooked completely and couldn't be pierced with a fork. For the price I will stick to Perry's or Flemings.
- LuvgoodfoodDined on 7/31/2014Outstanding food and service. I had asked for a "quiet" table/area on my on-line reservation. Our table of six was in an noisey area. Next time will go to another room or just attend with four for a booth. We will be back!Special Features:
- Bob'spiper6Dined on 7/30/2014Our group enjoyed our exerience at Bob's very much. Food was excellent and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Fantastic SteakhouseGoodFoodLoversDined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent! We started with a shrimp cocktail that was accompanied with a perfectly seasoned horseradish cocktail sauce and a deliciously delicate crabcake that was mostly crab instead of bread crumbs! Our steaks were perfectly prepared, seared, and seasoned. This was one of the best tasting meals we have had in The Woodlands.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Steak great, Crab Cakes average, Fried shimp below averageSpecial Features:
- AnniversarytexaslgkgDined on 7/24/2014Our 2nd visit and each time has been absolutely perfect!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Business DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/24/2014Bob's is a place that is a non-chain type of Morton's, Ruth's Chris, etc. And for that reason, I felt it wasn't a boring restaurant that is the same nation-wide. The result was good, but not a whole lot different. Their signature carrot was just OK, but the beef was rather good. Drinks are touted as being special because Bob evidently preferred double drinks. Overall, Bob's was indeed good, but still struck me as unimaginative. Thankfully, the service was good, so it could have been much worse. You won't regret going, but just be sure to expect a top-notch steak house that is the same as all the other top-notch ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/23/2014Went to celebrate my anniversary and came out with a new tradition. Bob's is the real deal and for all those guys out there looking to impress with a great romantic dinner. Then this is your place and don't waste your money elsewhere. Seal the deal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob's was greatDaveDined on 7/21/2014We had a great meal with great food service. We all were ver satisfied with everything.Special Features:
- Quantity versus QualityLovemyfood82Dined on 7/19/2014Main course looked like an over generous unappealing serving from a northeast diner. Where is the eye appeal? Loose the carrot. Waiting for Bugs Bunny to arrive?
- Rib-eye rather not!zeldaphyllDined on 7/19/2014Wife's rib-eye was so fatty and full of gristle it was inedible. Replaced said rib-eye with one that was completely tasteless. My lamb chops were just okay.
- ExcellentBrodie527Dined on 7/19/2014The steaks are as good any in Houston or anywhere else. We had the bone in filet and ribeye. Outstanding wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice3rdkDined on 7/19/2014My daughter picked Bob's because she had not been there. She picked a winner. Even though my wife and I had previously dined at Bob's, it had been a while so we both forgot how good it is. I will recommend to anyone to check out this great dining experience. The food and service are top shelf. The atmosphere is very good also. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.