Bob's Steak & Chop House - San Antonio
5815 Rim Pass Drive
San Antonio, TX 78257Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bob's Steak & Chop House - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/index.html
- Phone: (210) 222-2627
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 5-10 p.m.
Friday-Saturday 5-11 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek R. Lomax
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Bob's Steak & Chop House has private and semi-private rooms to suit any occasion. Special prix fixe menus are available. Call Shyla Casey at 210-222-2627.
A word from Bob's Steak & Chop House - San Antonio
Bob's Steak & Chop House is ranked as one of the top steakhouses in the United States. Bob's is the epitome of the traditional American Prime Steakhouse, combining simple elegance, lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wine and large cuts of the finest USDA prime steaks, chops and seafood. Our wine list has received the 2014 Best of Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator Magazine! Everything about Bob's is authentic, from our awesome vintage American Flag collection to our amazing cuisine! Come visit us and enjoy the finest prime beef you've ever tasted, served by people who take real pride in the name "Bob's Steak & Chop House."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bob's Steak & Chop House - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
Bob's Steak & Chop House - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)notable wine list (69)romantic (64)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2014This was our first experience it Bob's and it was fantastic. Donald, our server, was excellent. The food was absolutely great. Some very unique touches with the jar of pickles and peppers on the table and the glazed "carrot" on the entree plate. I thought the singular term was a typo on the menu but the huge glazed carrot was very unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best choicedandmanDined on 11/21/2014I was excited to try Bob's... unfortunately it wasn't that great. The ambiance is nice, they have home made pickles to snack on and these are good for a few bites and the bread is great. However, I didn't go for pickles and bread. The sides, creamed spinach and mac n cheese, were also very good but the disappointment came with the steak. For the price it definitely was not worth it. It seemed a bit bland and not as full of flavor as other places. They also do not have an in house steak sauce, I normally never use a steak sauce but this time I felt I needed it and they don't have any in house only heinz 57 and A1. The deserts were awesome though, tried the cheesecake and brownie and those did not disappoint at all!
- OUTSTANDING service and attention to detail!OUTSTANDINGDined on 11/17/2014We had our anniversary dinner at Bob's and just couldn't stop talking about the food and overall experience. Great service and attention to detail. Very impressed with everything and prices were justifiable for the amount of food they serve you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and comfortablevalleygirlDined on 11/15/2014Bob's was a very nice surprise at The Rim since there are a lot of chain restaurants in the area. I was afraid the atmosphere was going to be a bit stuffy from the looks on the outside, but it was vibrant and I felt right at home! The cocktails were delicious and unique for the evening. The crab cake appetizer was good with half stuffing half crabmeat and a honey mustard sauce on the side. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly and tender. The two 4 oz. filets came with a fried lobster tail that was a bit salty. The wedge salad....perfect with lots of blue cheese. We ended with a decadent slice of chocolate cake. I will not hesitate to go back again when we are in the area. Oh and last but not least, James from New York was a class act; wonderfully attentive waiter! So was the bus service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak, great service.DeoDDined on 11/14/2014Celebrated B-day at Bob's, ambiance is nice, excellent food, steak was cooked, tasty and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a little slow.LindatecDined on 11/4/2014Waiter was very informative! Food was great. Wine list was very impressiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saw Bob's as number 3 Steakhouse in San Antonio...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Probably one of the best steakhouses I have been to in a long time. The Bone in Ribeye was absolutely amazing to the point where I took my first bite and had to stop and just sit back and enjoy the flavor. The entrees were not a la carte they came with a a choice of potatoes in a variety of styles and a carrot... I don't even know how anyone could make a carrot of all things taste sooo incredibly good. With my friends entree it came with a crab cake, this crab cake had also the same effect on both of us, take a bite and sit back and enjoy it. This place is hands down amazing! This is a place that you will never know it was on your bucket list until you have eaten there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Derek is amazing!FineDineFineWineDined on 11/3/2014He is spot on with his Fried Lobster appetizer and Bacon appetizer. Of course, any steak ordered comes out impeccable. But, I ordered the Sea Bass and it brought tears to my eyes. Never have I tasted this dish prepared like Chef Derek did. Generous serving of thr fish itself donned with lump crab and corn that melts in your mouth. I cannot wait to return to explore more options on the menu. The wine selections are naturally of note and the cellar is top notch. Bravo, Chef, Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMaximus1Dined on 11/1/2014Everything was great food was outstanding but was a little loud but that's normal for a Saturday night with large parties in the dining roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening - A Bit LoudJoeSADined on 11/1/2014We had a nice evening at Bob's. Well prepared food and attentive service. We were seated in the back room and while quite cozy, the noise level did preclude some casual conversation. We had a particularly spirited group of four men next to us and when they were boisterous, we found ourselves repeating things a few times. The room's acoustics may be the problem. If you have hearing issues, ask to be seated in the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's the beef!StreetwiseDined on 11/1/2014Excellent beef with great service will get my vote every time. That being said I found their prices as much as 20% higher than comprable restaurants in Houston for both food and drink. Their most expensive steak on the menu was $89. Seriously? I have purchased whole cows for not much more. But all in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special ExperienceWoofkingDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I dined at Bob's in celebration of our 40th wedding anniversary and couldn't be more pleased with our selection. The waiter was attentive and anticipated our every need. Our meals were excellently prepared and presented. We had planned to order shrimp and steak items but, based upon the waiter's recommendations, ordered lamb and sea bass dishes. We are both delighted that we tried something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion kind of placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My husband had seen this restaurant on skymall and would not stop talking about it for a few weeks early on this year. A few months past and I made reservations for his birthday. They called me the morning of our reserved date to not only confirm, but to get his name so that they could make a birthday card for him. Once we arrived, they greeted us kindly and said happy birthday to him at the door by the hostess, as well as at the table by our waiter. The entire experience was wonderful. We had a wonderful server and the food turned out great. Just remember that it is on the higher dollar scale or else you'll get ticket shock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service!MTM60Dined on 10/24/2014I was very pleased with the service at this restaurant! With a warm inviting welcome, the food itself was very delicious! From the appetizers to the main course you won't be disappointment. We'll be back most definitely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I ordered a med well steak. It came out med rare. My husband ordered a med steak. It came out med rare. Our server forgot to bring out pur leftovers after taking them and we left without them. For the price paid, the food wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- HETTDined on 10/17/2014VERY GOOD ONLY ONE THING .......THE PLACE IS TO DARKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Just For Special OccassionsBeefnBeachDined on 10/11/2014Took my wife here for our 11th wedding anniversary. Food was perfectly prepared and our server Andrew was on par with any server in Vegas' best steak houses! Scallops were fresh and Creme Brulee was to die for. Was somewhat surprised by the noise level of the restaurant but could be explained by the intoxicated Aggies near the bar...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For any special occasionAmazingDined on 10/10/2014I love the service that was provided by Donald and the amazing food. My wife and I have gone for our anniversary, her birthday, my birthday and for any excuse we can think of. The food is always amazing. If you like a good steak, I recommend the porter house or the smaller ribeye. Great flavor. My wife loves the duck and the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food was Great!! It was a bit too loud, wish the dining room was spread out a little more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food , but it gets loudleibe719Dined on 10/10/2014The food and service was on point, but wheb the evening rush came in, the noice was almost unbearable. I could barely hear my spouse across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion GemGarlicmamaDined on 10/3/2014From the minute we were seated the server Paul met all our needs and was up to date on the menu and the nights specials. Without telling him he picked up on that it was a birthday celebration and at the end of our meal brought a dessert menu and said to pick any one dessert item for the occasion that was on the house. A very enjoyable experience and I would recommend to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!!LoveMyFoodDined on 9/29/2014We selected this restaurant based on a recommendation and we were glad we made the choice. We loved the variety...just right. The food was fabulous and I appreciate the uniqueness of the sides with the steaks. We will definitely be back with friends on our next trip to San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ksum66Dined on 9/27/2014Service was wonderful but the fillet really had no flavor like those you find in a great steak house. The steaks were definitely overpriced for what we experienced. Very noisy restaraunt. I booked for a special occasion and no one acknowledged it.Special Features:
- Best in townRobyDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and serviced. John(waiter) was very professional and informative. Very attentive to the needs of the customer. Most definitely a return for me and my wife.Special Features:
- Excellent food and drinksRun2EatDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I had been given a gift certificate for this restaurant and we decided to use it to celebrate our anniversary. We started out with a martini at the bar, which was superb. When we were seated at our table we found a small bottle of champagne waiting for us, along with a card from Bob's signed by their waitstaff. It was such a nice touch. Our waitress was very professional, but she did not have much of a personality. Still, the service was fine. I just wished that she would have responded with a more vibrant personality - but I just don't think she had that in her. The wine steward, on the other hand, could not have been better and he more than made up for her. The food - fabulous, and the wine - perfect. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place for steakCarnegieSteeleDined on 9/25/2014Excellent steak....one of the best I have tasted. Wine selection is very good...but be prepared for $17 per glass price on house wines. They really need to offer an occasional Happy Hour for those of us looking to enjoy the experience without the $200 check.Special Features:
- Can't cookOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I ordered my 90 dollar steak medium rare. It arrived charred, well done and dry. Definitely not a high quality steak house.Special Features:
- I love the entire experience....TravelbumDined on 9/12/2014I absolutely love the entire experience.... Ambiance..... The warm feel of the wood panels & the Americana flags decor.. Food is always amazing...& service is exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexascDined on 9/12/2014This was one of many visits to Bob's, but this time was a little disappointing. Althoiugh the management was still great, the quality of my steak was not has good has it has been in the past. Still a great place with excellent food. It just seems to be dropping in having an overall eating experience for price being paid. I just did not fell it was the " exceptional " restaurant I have visited in the past.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerJackVIPDined on 9/12/2014We've dined there many times, and it gets better and better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Again!BuckNicholsVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have been to Bob's several times and they never disappoint. Steaks are always great, and cooked just as ordered, and the sides are generously portioned and always wonderful. We really loved the addition of the daily special list and have tried several of them. Carpaccio was great, but if you want a special treat order the tenderloin chili appetizer. Probably the best chili I've ever had. It's a bit spicy, but this is Chili, and you are in Texas!!Special Features:
- Very Good ExperienceIntendingToHelpDined on 9/9/2014I'd recommend this resturant for business meetings. The noise level allowed for uninhibited conversation and the food was very good. The waitress was attentive, but asked to many times about removing the pickles from the table. We'd already expressed an interest in trying them. Beyond that, we had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Nice food, great staffSWestDined on 9/8/2014Bob's does a nice job on their steaks, and the seafood is surprisingly good. The wait-staff is excellent, very attentive and knowledgeable about their menu. The restaurant is very nice, you are able to hear each other, great for a business meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Food was great. Cooked to order and correctly the first time. All staff are professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great will be backJj09Dined on 8/29/2014By far the better steakhouse I've gone too in San Antonio up their with Morton's steakhouse. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Decision Five StarsJeffryDined on 8/25/2014Pleasant Surprise----A Restaurant that lives up to its billing-- My wife and I were shopping in the Rim development for a new grand daughter....I checked in on OpenTable and searched for reservations within two miles...Bobs popped up and I set my reservation for 7:15...We arrived on time...no wait and taken direct to our table.... OUTSTANDING service, EXCELLENT food, AWESOME menu, DELICIOUS wine ...what else can you ask for? It is a Chop House...so expect excellent steaks, fillets, Pork CHOPS...and excellent sides...No disappointments here...full meal entrees range in price from $20 to $55+Special Features:
- OneRepublicLilyVIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I enjoy Bob's very much. We had an early dinner before going to the OneRepublic concert. Our server was the same server the last time we visited Bob's for my birthday. Once again, Andrew out did himself. He is excellent and so very friendly. And like always the food is oh so very good. We will definitely be back. Thanks again for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion experienceSonnyDined on 8/23/2014The food was exceptional and the server, Rene, was efficient and helpful. The pricing was on the high side, but worth the cost, especially for a special occasion. The entire staff, including valet parking, are well-trained and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal beginning to endMattDined on 8/22/2014We dine at bobs a few times a year and are never dissappointed. Service and food are outstanding and always have great off menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week and MorefoodfanVIPDined on 8/22/2014She had the Restaurant Week menu: Choice of salad (tossed or Caesar), Filet Mignon/Salmon/Pork Chop, Carrot/Chocolate Cake. It was a great deal at $35, and all items were outstanding. As for me: I chose the Bone In Ribeye, with a Wedge (before) and a Brownie (after), and it was all awesome. We appreciate the fact that Bob's nailed the food, but also the friendly, attentive service - everyone from the valet (complimentary), bus boys, servers, and managers (we met Patrick, the GM) all made us feel special and welcome. Bob's rocks!Special Features: