Bob's Steak & Chop House - San Antonio
5815 Rim Pass Drive
San Antonio, TX 78257Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bob's Steak & Chop House - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/index.html
- Phone: 2102222627x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 5-10 p.m.
Friday-Saturday 5-11 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek R. Lomax
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Bob's Steak & Chop House has private and semi-private rooms to suit any occasion. Special prix fixe menus are available. Call Shyla Casey at 210-222-2627.
A word from Bob's Steak & Chop House - San Antonio
Bob's Steak & Chop House is ranked as one of the top steakhouses in the United States. Bob's is the epitome of the traditional American Prime Steakhouse, combining simple elegance, lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wine and large cuts of the finest USDA prime steaks, chops and seafood. Our wine list has received the 2014 Best of Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator Magazine! Everything about Bob's is authentic, from our awesome vintage American Flag collection to our amazing cuisine! Come visit us and enjoy the finest prime beef you've ever tasted, served by people who take real pride in the name "Bob's Steak & Chop House."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bob's Steak & Chop House - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
Bob's Steak & Chop House - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)notable wine list (72)romantic (65)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I ordered a med well steak. It came out med rare. My husband ordered a med steak. It came out med rare. Our server forgot to bring out pur leftovers after taking them and we left without them. For the price paid, the food wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- HETTDined on 10/17/2014VERY GOOD ONLY ONE THING .......THE PLACE IS TO DARKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Just For Special OccassionsBeefnBeachDined on 10/11/2014Took my wife here for our 11th wedding anniversary. Food was perfectly prepared and our server Andrew was on par with any server in Vegas' best steak houses! Scallops were fresh and Creme Brulee was to die for. Was somewhat surprised by the noise level of the restaurant but could be explained by the intoxicated Aggies near the bar...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For any special occasionAmazingDined on 10/10/2014I love the service that was provided by Donald and the amazing food. My wife and I have gone for our anniversary, her birthday, my birthday and for any excuse we can think of. The food is always amazing. If you like a good steak, I recommend the porter house or the smaller ribeye. Great flavor. My wife loves the duck and the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food was Great!! It was a bit too loud, wish the dining room was spread out a little more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food , but it gets loudleibe719Dined on 10/10/2014The food and service was on point, but wheb the evening rush came in, the noice was almost unbearable. I could barely hear my spouse across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion GemGarlicmamaDined on 10/3/2014From the minute we were seated the server Paul met all our needs and was up to date on the menu and the nights specials. Without telling him he picked up on that it was a birthday celebration and at the end of our meal brought a dessert menu and said to pick any one dessert item for the occasion that was on the house. A very enjoyable experience and I would recommend to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!!LoveMyFoodDined on 9/29/2014We selected this restaurant based on a recommendation and we were glad we made the choice. We loved the variety...just right. The food was fabulous and I appreciate the uniqueness of the sides with the steaks. We will definitely be back with friends on our next trip to San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ksum66Dined on 9/27/2014Service was wonderful but the fillet really had no flavor like those you find in a great steak house. The steaks were definitely overpriced for what we experienced. Very noisy restaraunt. I booked for a special occasion and no one acknowledged it.Special Features:
- Best in townRobyDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and serviced. John(waiter) was very professional and informative. Very attentive to the needs of the customer. Most definitely a return for me and my wife.Special Features:
- Excellent food and drinksRun2EatDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I had been given a gift certificate for this restaurant and we decided to use it to celebrate our anniversary. We started out with a martini at the bar, which was superb. When we were seated at our table we found a small bottle of champagne waiting for us, along with a card from Bob's signed by their waitstaff. It was such a nice touch. Our waitress was very professional, but she did not have much of a personality. Still, the service was fine. I just wished that she would have responded with a more vibrant personality - but I just don't think she had that in her. The wine steward, on the other hand, could not have been better and he more than made up for her. The food - fabulous, and the wine - perfect. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place for steakCarnegieSteeleDined on 9/25/2014Excellent steak....one of the best I have tasted. Wine selection is very good...but be prepared for $17 per glass price on house wines. They really need to offer an occasional Happy Hour for those of us looking to enjoy the experience without the $200 check.Special Features:
- Can't cookOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I ordered my 90 dollar steak medium rare. It arrived charred, well done and dry. Definitely not a high quality steak house.Special Features:
- I love the entire experience....TravelbumDined on 9/12/2014I absolutely love the entire experience.... Ambiance..... The warm feel of the wood panels & the Americana flags decor.. Food is always amazing...& service is exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexascDined on 9/12/2014This was one of many visits to Bob's, but this time was a little disappointing. Althoiugh the management was still great, the quality of my steak was not has good has it has been in the past. Still a great place with excellent food. It just seems to be dropping in having an overall eating experience for price being paid. I just did not fell it was the " exceptional " restaurant I have visited in the past.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerJackVIPDined on 9/12/2014We've dined there many times, and it gets better and better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Again!BuckNicholsVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have been to Bob's several times and they never disappoint. Steaks are always great, and cooked just as ordered, and the sides are generously portioned and always wonderful. We really loved the addition of the daily special list and have tried several of them. Carpaccio was great, but if you want a special treat order the tenderloin chili appetizer. Probably the best chili I've ever had. It's a bit spicy, but this is Chili, and you are in Texas!!Special Features:
- Very Good ExperienceIntendingToHelpDined on 9/9/2014I'd recommend this resturant for business meetings. The noise level allowed for uninhibited conversation and the food was very good. The waitress was attentive, but asked to many times about removing the pickles from the table. We'd already expressed an interest in trying them. Beyond that, we had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Nice food, great staffSWestDined on 9/8/2014Bob's does a nice job on their steaks, and the seafood is surprisingly good. The wait-staff is excellent, very attentive and knowledgeable about their menu. The restaurant is very nice, you are able to hear each other, great for a business meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Food was great. Cooked to order and correctly the first time. All staff are professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great will be backJj09Dined on 8/29/2014By far the better steakhouse I've gone too in San Antonio up their with Morton's steakhouse. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Decision Five StarsJeffryDined on 8/25/2014Pleasant Surprise----A Restaurant that lives up to its billing-- My wife and I were shopping in the Rim development for a new grand daughter....I checked in on OpenTable and searched for reservations within two miles...Bobs popped up and I set my reservation for 7:15...We arrived on time...no wait and taken direct to our table.... OUTSTANDING service, EXCELLENT food, AWESOME menu, DELICIOUS wine ...what else can you ask for? It is a Chop House...so expect excellent steaks, fillets, Pork CHOPS...and excellent sides...No disappointments here...full meal entrees range in price from $20 to $55+Special Features:
- OneRepublicLilyVIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I enjoy Bob's very much. We had an early dinner before going to the OneRepublic concert. Our server was the same server the last time we visited Bob's for my birthday. Once again, Andrew out did himself. He is excellent and so very friendly. And like always the food is oh so very good. We will definitely be back. Thanks again for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion experienceSonnyDined on 8/23/2014The food was exceptional and the server, Rene, was efficient and helpful. The pricing was on the high side, but worth the cost, especially for a special occasion. The entire staff, including valet parking, are well-trained and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal beginning to endMattDined on 8/22/2014We dine at bobs a few times a year and are never dissappointed. Service and food are outstanding and always have great off menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week and MorefoodfanVIPDined on 8/22/2014She had the Restaurant Week menu: Choice of salad (tossed or Caesar), Filet Mignon/Salmon/Pork Chop, Carrot/Chocolate Cake. It was a great deal at $35, and all items were outstanding. As for me: I chose the Bone In Ribeye, with a Wedge (before) and a Brownie (after), and it was all awesome. We appreciate the fact that Bob's nailed the food, but also the friendly, attentive service - everyone from the valet (complimentary), bus boys, servers, and managers (we met Patrick, the GM) all made us feel special and welcome. Bob's rocks!Special Features:
- Great new chain in S.A.SAAggie05Dined on 8/21/2014San Antonio has many good steak houses but this is one that serves side dish with your steak. We had a great time and everything was cooked perfect! Staff was knowledgeable and friendly as well. Parking is terrible & we went on a Thursday night. Give yourself time to park or wait for the complimentary valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice touch!!mikebDined on 8/21/2014Relaxing atmosphere and food and service is top notch. Good for any day of the week. Special request by me to Patrick Bean was warmly accepted and applied to our order. Good follow through when birthday of my wife was mentioned by a card signed by all!! Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- culinaria surpriseomnivorousDined on 8/20/2014wanted to check out this restaurant on the recommendation of a few friends, wasn't disappointed! for the restaurant week prix fixe menu, $35 brought you a crisp salad, filet mignon/broiled salmon/porkchop with your choice of a side, and chocolate cake or carrot cake for dessert. Andy, our server, was very gracious, kind, attentive, especially with 2 very young children in tow. not all servers show the same level of respect to diners with children. Andy blew me away with how friendly he was to us and to the kids. Excellent restaurant, SUPERB service. i would definitely come back because of the service alone.Special Features:
- Excellent steak & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014The steak, as usual, was perfect. The flavor is incredible...ridiculously good! The service was great as well...never had to wait for anything, water stayed filled and our server, Andy, checked on us often! Do not pass up the flash fried lobster appetizer...it is a must have! Love going to Bob's! And, since it was during Restaurant Week...the price was a beautiful thing! :)Special Features:
- wonderful steak!1whoenjoyseatingDined on 8/20/2014We went for restaurant week and had a superb filet mignon and accompaniments with dessert at a very reasonable price. Service was friendly and very attentive and price was right. It was one of the best steaks I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/20/2014Bob's was our choice for my girlfriend's birthday dinner and it could not have been more perfect. The service was highly attentive without being bothersome. The fried lobster appetizer is a choice that needs to remain on the menu forever. The pickles in a jar on the table is interesting in such a high end restaurant, but I could not stop eating them they were so good. Our party of 4 all had steaks while I had a side of bacon-wrapped shrimp. The bacon was a little too well done, but the shrimp was moist and the taste left me wanting another. The steaks were perfectly prepared. Bob's will be on our "gotta go back there!" list for a long time to come.Special Features:
- Bob's Steak & Chop HouseAlamoRoseDined on 8/20/2014We went to Bob's to try it out for San Antonio's Culinaria Restaurant Week. They had a prix fixe menu which included salad (tossed or Caesar), a choice of a 6 oz. filet mignon, pork chop or fish for an entrée, with glazed carrot and choice of potatoes for sides, and choice of chocolate cake or carrot cake for dessert. They also had their wonderful pickled cucumbers sitting on the table. We had the steak, and it was cooked perfectly and very tasty, the glazed carrot was very tangy, and the smashed potatoes were great. The homemade vinaigrette house dressing on the salad was nice. The sourdough bread accompanying the meal was warm and flavorful. The chocolate cake was a great ending. Martinis were also good. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food, strange locationWillMDined on 8/19/2014The food was really great. I especially liked the steak, carrot and potato side. I really appreciated the very extensive wine list with choices for all budgets. The service was great with several attendants making sure the table had refills on drinks as needed and food coming out promptly. I will definitely be trying out Bob's again. The only strange thing was the location and parking. It's in the middle of a not too fancy strip mall and they didn't have enough parking, we actually had to park at a nearby hotel and walk through some bushes in an area without sidewalks. Strange for such an upscale place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAY above expectations!Nu2BobDined on 8/19/2014The entire experience was wonderful. Our server Andy was attentive without being hovering, very knowledgable of the food & extensive wine offerings, and very personable. General Manager Partick was present, friendly and genuinely interested in our experience. He takes great pride in his restaurant, and it shows in every detail. Even gave us a personal tour of the wine celler & kitchen. And of course, the food was perfect, and cocktails from the bar were outstandingly prepared. Will definitely patronize Bob's again and often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Excellent fine dining steakhouse! Ambience was romantic with mood lighting. Very nice dining room. Attentive and courteous staff all around. Had the petit filet and double-cut pork chop...both were tender and delicious. Even the warm loaf of bread was exceptional! I would strongly recommend this restaurant to all, especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itNewlyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Went for Culineria with 3 couples. Great service, great food. Very loud in the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday with her. Everything was great.Special Features:
- perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014service is great. food very good. high quality steak cooked just rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Favorite PlacessojtxDined on 8/15/2014We have been going to Bob's for years starting in Dallas and we have loved the San Antonio location as well. This week we had another good steak. Loved the steak sear and the crème brulee.Special Features: