Bob's Steak & Chop House - Plano
5760 Legacy Dr. Suite B-1
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Plano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/
- Phone: 9726082627
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5pm-10pm Friday-Saturday: 5pm-11pm Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bob's Steak & Chop House - Plano
Bob’s Steak & Chop House is ranked as one the top steakhouses in the county. USDA Prime Beef seasoned and broiled perfectly. On top of that, the salads are huge, the shrimp are monsters and the bread is to die for. Our service is experienced, the wine list is extensive and the drinks stiff. If you’re not a regular already, come by and let us prove why we’re so proud of what we do. Bob’s Steak & Chop House Just like last time. Just like next time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Plano - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)romantic (69)notable wine list (64)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (31)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (21)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Bob's Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Fantastic place to bring the family and to have some amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Been to Bob's before and loved it. Took my husband for his birthday and our waiter did a fair job. He wasn't engaging and didn't do anything to make our experience special. I will go back but not for a special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EgosumluxDined on 9/26/2014I had a friend in from Erie, PA and I wanted to take her for an exceptional rib-eye at a Texas steakhouse so I took her to Bob's in Plano. Our waitress was great, the food was wonderful and my friend loved the rib-eye claiming it extremely good. Overall it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Don't miss Bob'sKenBVIPDined on 9/24/2014Service was top shelf. From valet to hostess to server. The best. I had the lamb chops. They were delicious. Great bottle of wine and a Hendricks martini. Thumbs upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerBobSteakandChophouseFanDined on 9/19/2014My girlfriend and I were celebrating our one year anniversary of dating. We chose Bob's as we had both been there before and both enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Bob's didn't let us down...our server, Mitchell was terrific and the food was delicious. Service was impeccable. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob's the DisappointmentBeckyeDined on 9/19/2014We booked a reservation for my mother-in-laws birthday. Upon arrival, we were almost seated but it backed directly into a stroller of the table behind us. The restaurant gave us a table in the middle and 2 TVs were on either side of the room spotlighting football. The waitress was spot on. We had a lot of refills on tea and water but the refill person dripping not only on table but our clothing as well. We anticipated the meal as we had heard so many good things about Bob's. Then the meal arrived... The steaks came out pan fried and were not seasoned. The skillet potatoes with the onions were delicious. We also ordered a lobster to split amongst the table. Which was slightly overcooked. Overall, I would not recommend this place.
- Top Steak HouseezwayDined on 9/19/2014Bone in Ribeye was the best ever. Service was professional and always on point. I will butcher the sever name Yazzie? I know that's not correct. If you call they will know who you are asking for. The manager Dan Martinez made us feel special on our 18th anniversary. We had a great time. It wasn't cheap but you get what you pay for here. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing overall!Ashley6Dined on 9/18/2014It ws overall wonderful. The service, food and atmosphere were all perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOutstandingDined on 9/17/2014The food taste and was cooked perfectly. The atmosphere was gentle and the waiter wasn't over bearing. The portions were the right amount and the food looked and taste like he said it would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations not met.EyernmnDined on 9/13/2014The overall experience was good, however, my expectations were not met. The drinks were great. The wedge salad was good, the bread was amazing, the filet mignon was good and the lobster was bland. Most high end steakhouses pay an additional fee to obtain the top 5% quality steaks in the U.S. and I am not sure Bob's is a member. This was my first and last visit to for dinner. I may return for the drinks and bread but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, the food was good but not worth $250 for a dinner of 2.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience.Kirk1GuestDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at Bob's. Food and service was excellent. Great place for any special occasion or just a fine dining experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!kazmi1986Dined on 9/12/2014Bobs is our definite go to returant for all of our family resturants. It's really close to our house, the food is delicious and the service has always been great! Love the homey atmosphere ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TABLE BY SERVICE ENTRY SUCKEDVJ21779Dined on 9/12/20148pm for reservation....first visit to Bob's. Walked thru the main dining room it was half empty & was taken to a table in the back with bright red booths. It looked like the kids back room..... The booth was in the corner and I am a petite lady and we had to move the table so I could feel comfortable. The waiter was a child but pleasant.....not a seasoned waiter. Two young ladies sat down at the booth next to us and during the course of our meal we had at least 20 wait staff come by and chat, laugh, drink standing at the end of our table. Come to find out they were all wait staff so that meant we were sat at the worst table possible in the entire restaurant. Based on this I will not return and will go back to Capital Grill !!!Special Features:
- Feel good experienceGRTtimeDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I had a great server! We loved our meal! Place is great every time. .. My wife really enjoyed her cocktail made to perfection... OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Night OutSteakManDined on 9/6/2014We took some friend's to Bob's and had an excellent dining experience and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Great servicePFSPlanoDined on 9/5/201422oz strip was very good and cooked perfectly. Same with pork chop. Mushrooms lacking taste. Not as good as last time. Huge glazed carrot in middle of plate was wierd. Not a very good presentation in my opinion. Krista provided outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary night dinner!RichardDined on 9/5/2014Our table was very well located in the settee seating area adjacent to the bar. Our waiter Devin,(?) was a seasoned and gracious server. It was a nice touch that management came to our table and offered their congratulations. We both ordered the Kansas City strip steak which were prepared as ordered. A tasty trio of deserts, complimentary, was graciously offered as a finish to our great dining experience. Additionally, the pickles and red pepper slices went very well with Bob's signature bread as we enjoyed our cocktail.Special Features:
- Nice and easyTE1212Dined on 9/3/2014Wonderful experience! Food was great as well as the service! No pressure to order more food, wine, drinks or dessert. Very relaxing. Will definitely be back! The personal Happy Birthday card was a very nice touch for my husband.Special Features:
- Great NightTnetDined on 9/2/2014My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Bob's on Legacy. EXCELLENT CHOICE...We had the best waiter, all the waiters were very attentive and kept our water glasses full. Our waiter kept constant check on us, asking if we needed anything. He promptly took our drink and food orders told us about the specials, all with a smile. Our food came out hot and precisely as ordered. Everything was truly excellent!! We received complimentary mini dessert samples for our anniversary. Key lime pie, and the carrot cake were outstanding, the warm chocolate cake was delicious!! The entire evening was simply marvelous!! I would highly reccommend this restaurant and location to everyone.Special Features:
- Celebration HQTexprofDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite place to celebrate any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was expectingDdubb76Dined on 8/29/2014This place is always busy so I thought it would be a great new steakhouse to try out. Service was great and the atmosphere was nice but loud. I ordered the prime filet mignon and this was by far the worst filet I've ever eaten at a Prime Steakhouse. It was so tough I only ate about 1/4 of it. The Smashed potatoes that came with the meal were good but I didn't care for the huge glazed carrot. My husband got the Prime Ribeye and he couldn't eat his either because of the tough texture. We both left with only having eaten 1/4 of our meals. My advice to you....If you're going to spend $39 on a filet go to Capital Grill across the street or down the tollway to Three Forks.Special Features:
- AwesomenessTHamDined on 8/29/2014Does Bob's really need a review ... We all know it's one of the best! Keep doing your thing Bob:)Special Features:
- candy bars for sale. Really?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014For the prices I found the food to be just ok. I've had better at restaurants in the area that were more reasonably priced. My meal came with a (as in ONE) carrot the size of the empire state building. It was bland tasting. After our meal, a girl came to the table trying to pressure us into buying candy bars so her cheerleading team could go to Washington DC. WHAT? Talk about awkward. She was really persistent and the couple eating next to us got the same experience. Totally disappointing for a place like that. No one is watching the door or did they let this girl in? Is she a daughter of one of the employees? Completely inappropriate.
- Special Carediner2849Dined on 8/25/2014We had reserved for a special event. They made it even more special with their card, service, and extra thoughtfulness. This was a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Bob's is hands down the best food. Steak melts in your mouth. Great lobster bisque and salads are amazing as well. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- SatisfiedIm4goodfoodDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed the meal, mark up on wine list a little much. Service was excellent and management was attentive. Dinner for two with two glasses of wine and tip $175 I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutCliffDined on 8/15/2014My experience was very nice and relaxing. The service was superior and the food was spectacular as usual. Always on my recommendation list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and Service!ShaneDined on 8/13/2014As always, Bob's never disappoints. The food and service were great! It is a little more noisy than I would prefer, but overall, everything was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningTotallycrazyckDined on 8/13/2014Reservations were at 8:15 had I known that it was busy on a Wednesday night, I would have made them for 8:45. We had prompt service but it was so loud in the restaurant that I could barely hear my husband who was sitting next to me. The inside decor is dark wooden walls with Golf themed pictures. There is nothing really romantic about the restaurant decor but just a nice steak dinner ambiance. The food was cooked to perfection, we had the bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with two different cheeses &jalapenos. The calamari was perfectly fried not over battered or greasy & not chewy. YUM! The Rack of Lamb fell right off the bone it was so tender, the filet was cooked rare nice charring & seasoning on the outside & cool & pink in the inside!Special Features:
- Fantastic as ALWAYS!Hope2EnjoyDined on 8/13/2014Outstanding service, delicious food and a great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotBRichDined on 8/9/2014Always one of our favorite for Frisco, its amazing and the staff is great.Special Features:
- Wish I had gone to SaltgrassDisappointedDined on 8/9/2014This was our 4th visit to the Plano location. The ribeyes that both my wife and I ordered were certainly not worth the prices paid. Never again!
- Excellent food and serviceRoadrunnerDined on 8/9/2014Celebrated our 45 wedding anniversary at Bob's and found the service and food outstanding! The surf & turf was artfully prepared and tasty. The Chilian Sea Bass was thick, flacky and flavorful. Salvio, the Manager came by to inquire about everything and was friendly as well as congratulatory. Great evening and a wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant - avoid the valet!Dinner2TwoDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Bob's! Our waiter was very friendly and attentive and the food, especially the steaks were to die for. Unfortunately we used the valet service since it was raining, and they damaged my car and did not pay for the damage. Free parking is just behind the restaurant building - avoid using this valet service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- manOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Great steaks and great service from Marian. She is absolutely the best waiter you have. However, you could do a better job providing Gluten and Dairy free menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to RememberLoves2eatDined on 7/30/2014From the moment we walked into Bob's we were greeted by employees who were so friendly. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. Earlier in the day an employee from Bob's called me and asked if I had questions and could they give my boyfriend a complimentary dessert since we were celebrating his 30th birthday. As we were seated my boyfriend was handed a hand written note for celebrating his birthday at Bob's. The food was delicious. I look forward to celebrating other special events at Bob's!Special Features:
- nice birthdayRandyDined on 7/29/2014we were quite pleased with the overall experience. Great food and service. The carrot was surprisingly good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!skinnyfoodieDined on 7/26/2014We had a total of 12 people at two tables and not one complaint! Enjoyed the delicious bone in ribeye-very flavorful. We sampled several appetizers and each one delicious. Several of us split our main course and we had ample food. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Steak!ItsallgoodDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I were given a gift card to go to Bob's. I knew it was expensive and probably out of our budget but with a gift card I decided to make a nice date night out of it. First of all, the service was excellent! Our waiter was outstanding. The food overall was not the best we've ever had but I must say the steak was a top 3 steak ever! The glazed carrot was good but too large to stomach and the potatoes were good but not the best we've had. The Creme Brulee was some of the best we've had. I thought the wine was grossly overpriced. $10 bottles of wines were priced well over $100. I think there was a 1000% mark up on all of the wines. That was unfortunate! We probably won't be able to go back because of price but overall good!Special Features:
- Definitely a Top 3 Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Great experience for a birthday celebration. Excellent communication in advance. Table was ready on a Friday night without any issues. Food was superb. Can't wait to go again.Special Features: