Bob's Steak and Chop House - Omni Tucson National Resort
2727 West Club Drive
Tucson, AZ 85742Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Omni Tucson National Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/tucson.html
- Phone: 5208772377x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour at the Bar: Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm - 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bob's Steak and Chop House - Omni Tucson National Resort
Bob’s Steak & Chop House is ranked as one of the top steakhouses in the country for a reason. We serve the best prime steak you’ve ever had. Our service is experienced, the wine list is extensive and the drinks are stiff. If you’re not a regular already, come by and let us prove why we’re so proud of what we do. We are located in the newly renovated Omni Tucson National Resort off I-10 West and Cortaro Road. Enjoy our exquisite indoor and outdoor seating with impeccable views and sunsets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Omni Tucson National Resort - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Omni Tucson National Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)romantic (26)scenic view (25)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Service with StyleTable42Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I enjoy coming to Bob's as often as time permits. They have outstanding seating, service and food. I love their filet mignon and my wife loves their surf (shrimp) and turf (steak) combinations. And how can one not forget to mention that carrot. It's flavor is so satisfying and should be noted as being dessert quality, though it isn't and has just the right amount of sweetness without overpowering the carrot's natural taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular againdgomezazDined on 10/3/2014We always enjoy dinner, it is a queit enjoyable evening out. The staff is always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014It was a quiet evening for my wifes birthday dinner. The entire experience from greeting to dessert was near flawless. The food was exceptional and the service authentic. Second visit, will look forward to the third.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every centVivaceDined on 10/1/2014The whole experience was excellent. The steak we had was so tender. The waiter was right on. It was my Wifes birthday and we thought we would try a different place to celebrate. We were so happy with this place and we will be back for more special occasions.Special Features:
- DinnerBigGuyDined on 9/27/2014We ordered the Rack of Lamb and the 16 ounce Filet. Both were truly outstanding. The service was also outstanding. We plan to return to Bob's soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a delightful meal. Charming service, excellent food, pleasant atmosphere. We were greeted promptly and escorted to a comfortable table. We both requested the 16 oz. fillet mignon entrées complimented by the Bob's marvelous cinnamon glazed carrot. The aged beef was prepared with true excellence. We always enjoy dining at Bob's. Thank you, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodRJM44Dined on 9/5/2014I have never been disappointed with Bob's for food or service. We have taken many people there for their first time and everyone has been impressed. Thank you for offering a great restaurant in Tucson. R J MorehouseSpecial Features:
- DiningguruDined on 8/8/2014I have been wanting to try this restrauant for a long time and we were not disappointed. Great service and a full menu and nice wine list as well. We hope to dine there again with friends soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemJW007Dined on 8/2/2014One of the most enjoyable dinners - food was excellent and service was great! Never expected such a great dining experience from a restaurant that's on the Hotel property hidden from main roads.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food was beautifully prepared and very tasty. The service was excellent - very attentive but not in your face. The chef came around to visit after the rush. A very delightful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this RestaurantloverestVIPDined on 8/1/2014This past weekend my wife and I took my son and 7 yr old granddaughter to Bobs. The staff made the visit special. First we were greeted and brought to a table where we had views of the golf course and mountains. The waiter, Matt, was very attentive but did not rush us. While the food was excellent, I was more impressed on how the chef prepared and brought our a little appetizer for my granddaughter. It consisted of fresh strawberry, blueberries, and vegetables and dip. This was a big hit for her and was unexpected. I have enjoyed Bob's in the past and will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakn2foodDined on 7/30/2014This is possibly the best steak I have ever had, and the chef came out a spoke with us at length. You could tell he had a passion for his craft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONAL!!!RtaylorsothebysDined on 7/22/2014Bob's Chop House is simply one of the finest restaurants in all of the Southwest. It was not a special occasion, but the staff, hostess and everyone there that night made it special. My guests were from Canada and were very impressed. Steaks were perfect, fish perfect. everything was just perfect. I felt like I was back in New York - excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- understated and sophisticatedPlainjainDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant setting is beautiful - a window table allows you to enjoy a view of the mountains and the golf course with surrounding palm trees, as does the patio. Decor is sophisticated and understated, creating a "grown-up" ambiance. Service is excellent and staff cordial and well trained. The steak is the best in town by far, served with Bob's signature glazed carrot and all tables are set with a jar of pickles to nibble on before your meal. Chef John Hohn does an outstanding job and is the current winner of Iron chef of Tucson - enjoy a meal at Bob's and you will know why! On the evening we were there he came out to say hello and discuss our order, which was a nice touch. Happy hour was buzzing at the bar too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SteakhouseRhinoDined on 7/12/2014Skilled professional service. Food delivered not too fast not too slow. Steaks cooked correctly. Lively yet restrained atmosphere. Tables well spaced. Good, not overpriced wine list. Great views, beautiful patio dining available. Although not a bargain restaurant a great overall value for a premium steak restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICE AND GOOD FOOD.PEABODYDined on 7/5/2014THE SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD, THE WAITRESS KNEW HER JOB , THE FOOD WAS GREAT, AND THE COOK CAME OUT AND TALKED TO US. VERY FRINEDLY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful first experienceBigmikeazDined on 7/2/2014Chef John Hohn is a master chef . He treated our party as if we were near and dear friends for forty years . Chef Hohn had even prepared some dishes for us from the Iron Chef Competition. Now we know why he won the competition . Congratulations Chef John Hohn for winning in Tucson 2014 . Our server Connie was very knowledgable of all the dishes and very helpful on selecting the right dishes for everyone . Everyone we came in contact with during this experience made our visit that much more enjoyable . Besides the great service the food was delicious ! A must do on a bucket list of great restaurants in Tucson. Thank you Chef John and all the staff .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeamLeaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Love Bobs and always have a great time! Steaks are fantastic and as are the salads. Wish there were more steak-seafood combo's.Special Features:
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. The service was OK, but not close to other good steak houses. The noise was high as there was a small party going on, but that was fine. The service was just average. The steaks were excellent, very tender and juicy. Well cooked as ordered. Water was warm, no ice. Multiple requests were needed for some table items and it was not busy at all. One example is we asked for lemon with the water and after three requests then lemon wedges were brought on a paper napkin.
- Top Notchdinernumber321Dined on 6/25/2014Amazing! We loved our time here and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 290 reviews are from the Bob's Steak and Chop House - Omni Tucson National Resort reviews archive.
- A great findLeeBDined on 6/14/2014We found Bob's from an event we were attending. We had to try the restaurant ourselves. The service was great. The only thing that was better than the service was the food. I'm originally from Kansas City and I feel I know a few things about a good steak. Since my arrival in Tucson in the Fall of 2013 I've been on a search for a good steak. I found so much more at Bob's. The steak was prepared as I requested with just right amount of crisp on the outside. The blue cheese wedge salad is a must. We will see again soon.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicektyaDined on 6/14/2014It's always a pleasure dining at Bob's. My husband and I can't help ourselves and always overdo it with appetizer, salad, entree AND dessert, but it's all just SO good we can't help ourselves. Beware the Brownie and Ice Cream dessert is for at least 4 people! We ordered it and were sad that we had to leave more than half of it to melt. We were just too full. This is by far the best steak I've ever had. A must try for any steak-lovers out there!Special Features:
- WONDERFUL EXPENSIVE RESTAURANTGizmogatorDined on 6/10/2014Bob's Chop House offers easily one of the best evening meals in Tucson. The service was excellent in an understated, private setting. My wife and I had a window table, which had mini wall separaters between each table. We couldn't ask for a more romantic setting. Our first sampling of their food was a perfectly baked mini loaf of bread that was crusty and soft in all the right places, and ever so tasty with a side dish of butter added.The calamari appetizer was plentiful and tender, with an amazing zesty dipping sauce on the side. Our steaks (a filet mignon and a New York strip) were tasty and tender, along with a baked potato accompanied by fresh chives and other toppings as desired.Neither of us had any room for dessert. Expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restricted and out of date...EddieVDined on 6/6/2014After almost a month outside of the US, my wife and I were looking forward to spending a nice evening together. I reserved a table for dinner via OpenTable at Bob's thinking it would be a nice, upscale and comfortable locale to share the night together. Without going in to too much detail let me summarize by saying that the service was timely and pleasant, the beef arrived as requested but we found the accompanying sides dragged down the culinary experience. It was truly uninspired. My suspicion is that the execs are slacking. There's so many more choices out there at this price point to enjoy that we won't return. And one last word, if I may, a remodeling would do wonders for the atmosphere! It's quite outdated.
- Value MissingBmatt3rdDined on 6/6/2014We have frequented many top of the line steak houses across the country and expect to pay a steep price for a special evening. At this venue the steep price was just too high. For instance, a Maker's Mark Manhattan was $16. The drink was well prepared, as was the meal, but that is price gouging and typical of this venues pricing.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerloverestVIPDined on 5/31/2014Bob's is a wonderful restaurant. The staff is well trained, friendly and service is first class. The bar and wine list is extensive and is a great way to start the meal with their bread or even the pickles or peppers. The menu has something for everyone. Our dinner was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True Steak HousetucsonredheadDined on 5/24/2014We loved all our food. The kitchen staff split our meals and all plates lovingly designed. The huge carrot in the middle was surprisingly tasty and cooked perfectly. . .and the divine smashed potatoes disappeared on all of our plates. The lamb chops were cooked to order and very tender. A lovely place for a "grown up" dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Tucson!HappyDinerDined on 5/17/2014Everything was top notch - food, service, ambience, quietness. The steak and shrimp were the best we've ever had. The sauteed mushrooms and spinach were fabulous and of course their signature carrot was wonderful. Prices were reasonable for the quality. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a very nice time. Ryan took excellent care of us from cocktails to dessert. We both ordered the large filet mignon and were very pleased. The glazed carrot and skillet potatoes perfectly complimented the superb aged beef. All topped off with creme brulee and cheese cake for a truly fine meal. Thank you, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceEatsintucsonDined on 5/16/2014My husband and I came to Bobs for our 11th anniversary. We sat outside on the balcony overlooking the golf course, which in Tucson is a rare glimpse of green grass. The New York strip was perfectly seasoned and cooked. The skillet potatoes were very good. The bread they bring to the table was hot and delicious. We would definitely return even though it's 40 minutes from our house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 5/16/2014Great food done correctly. Service is wonderful. Nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodbu1058Dined on 5/16/2014Good was excellent. Perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good pricesBobLoblawVIPDined on 5/3/2014Always nice to go to a different restaurant once in a while and Bob's didn't disappoint. Won't mention the carrot like everyone else but the bread was amazing! Ditto the drinks which were a generous pour. Small ribeye cut was overly fatty so that cost a star but otherwise food was excellent. Impeccable service at the hands of Lyla and Scott.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureOldSchoolDined on 4/29/2014Bob's is impossible to find unless you go there on purpose; it's hidden behind the Omni gates. But it's surprisingly good. Top shelf service and steaks, definitely worth finding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tucsonvisitorDined on 4/26/2014The waiter was very professional, very personable and knowledgeable. We loved the jar that had the pickles in it, have never seen that before, as well as the glazed carrot, being from Wisconsin. The whole meal was delicious, and just an overall great experience. When we come back to Tucson, we will definitely come to Bob's again. Best meal of the whole trip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZimmyDined on 4/24/2014A wonderful and delicious meal. Our waiter was attentive and helpful. The rack of lamb was just right. As good as we've had. Steak was broiled to perfection and the fried potatoes were superb. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/22/2014Dinner on a tropical like veranda was very refreshing. The food was prepared excellently and presented in a delicious manner. Service was on the spot, friendly and efficient. A little pricey but well worth it. Give your spouse or special other and evening with good food and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable mealJImmyCVIPDined on 4/16/2014We shared the shrimp platter for appetizer. I ordered the Kansas City strip and my wife ordered the filet. Sides of creamed spinach and sautéed mushrooms accompanied our selections. Everything was superb. Our waitress was extremely attentive to our needs and build in the fact that we were staying at the Omni and the night was a perfect 10. If you are in the neighborhood and want a good steak, I recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014This was our second visit and the food, service, and ambiance were impeccable. Tremendous menu. Our server, Matt, is a gem.Special Features:
- Its Name Betrays How Good it is!JustVisitingDined on 4/9/2014"Bob's Steak and Chop House". I was expecting a salad bar and peanut shells on the floor. Instead, Wow! Excellent food, very caring service. I would go here again without hesitation. This place is not for penny-pinchers. Plan to pay well to eat well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.