Bob's Steak & Chop House - Nashville
250 5th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Nashville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/
- Phone: (615) 761-3707
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Bob's Steak & Chop House - Nashville
A traditional American Prime Steakhouse, combining simple elegance, a lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wines and large cuts of the finest prime steaks, chops and seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)notable wine list (66)romantic (66)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (58)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (25)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Not worth the moneyNashmomDined on 11/15/2014The place looks great, the food was good, the service was good (although they do a great job of upselling you to the off menu items) - but when we received the WHOPPER of a bill all agreed we could have received the same level of food, ambiance and service for probably 1/3 less $$. The bar, on the other hand, looked like it was hopping.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinner with friendsFlaggVIPDined on 11/14/2014Very well executed classic steakhouse. John did a great job looking after us as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014nowhere near as delicately flavored as at last visit. Noise level quite high. service ok but nowhere comparable to last visit. ok but somewhat disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Outstanding service complimented outstanding fare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for locals and visitors!jernDined on 11/11/2014We came here on a whim before my parents went to a show at The Ryman (which is within walking distance) and had a lovely experience! The relish jar in the middle of the table was quite tasty and the service was impeccable. Bob's is a straightforward, no-frills steak place where the focus is on the cuts of meat. I ordered the New York Strip which was cooked to a perfect medium-rare. Our server, Sheldon, was so attentive and professional. He knew the menu like the back of his hand and was helpful in making our final selections. The dessert menu is absolutely fabulous and has much more to choose from than the standard chocolate cake and key lime pie offerings (although, those are there, too). We live close by and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Exceptional!JKH73Dined on 11/10/2014Fourth time at Bob's. Great experience every time! Whiskey Sours with any steak are exceptional there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite as good as expected.RomanceisntdeadDined on 11/7/2014The first thing that caught us off guard was that our waiter seemed to be rushing us. We were there to enjoy a romantic anniversary dinner and instead he was trying to get us out of there as soon as possible. On two occasions he removed plates from the table that we were still eating from. The food was good but over priced. We had the ribeye cooked medium rare and it was very tasty. They did provide a complimentary desert for our special occasion and it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was greatMavTNDined on 11/7/2014We had dinner at Bob's for the first time and we will certainly go back. Food was amazing....and as a vegetarian, they were very accommodating and had lots of choices. Hope you get to sit in Brian's section - he rocked the wine list!!! Even shared with us how the grapes are harvested for a specific German wine we ordered.Special Features:
- outstandingNashvillefireDined on 11/6/2014Celebrated twenty sixth anniversary and dinner was great. Larry was our server and could not have been any better.Special Features:
- Great food and service!rbord98765Dined on 11/6/2014We went to Bob's for the first time for my wife's birthday and were greeted warmly, seated promptly. Our server, Gordon, was very helpful with the menu, and his service throughout the meal only enhanced our experience. We shared the bleu cheese salad which was fresh and crisp without being overpoweringly blue. The pecan garnish was a nice touch. My wife had the small filet while I had the bone-in rib-eye. Both were cooked and seasoned perfectly and had great flavor. The accompanying carrot (has to be seen and eaten to be believed) and the steak fries with pepper gravy sauce were nice complements. Being too full for dessert, we ordered carrot cake and key lime pie to go, which were gratis for my wife's birthday. Overall a great experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014Steak was exceptionally good and service was great! recommend for special occasions or fine dining. In the new Omni Hotel and very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerLaMonaDined on 11/1/2014I had a fabulous birthday dinner at Bob's. The food presentation was amazing, the service was friendly from arrival to departure. I really appreciated the surprise dessert that topped the night off! Fudge brownie with pecans, two scoops of vanilla ice cream, bathed in chocolate syrup with whip cream and a cherry! Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfecttootskiDined on 11/1/2014My husband, two sons and another friend had dinner and loved everything about it. The filets were delicious. The mushrooms are second to none, appetizers, wine, dessert all perfect. Our son, the foodie, said it is on par with Kayne Prime which is quite the compliment. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Amazing night!AstribliDined on 10/31/2014Went here for our anniversary and it was perfect. They gave us the best booth in the house and our service was spectacular. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. And as expected the food was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but worth it!Jrc75dvmDined on 10/30/2014Best steak we have ever had! Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Foodcragi9Dined on 10/25/2014Pricey, but if you like to splurge once in a while and love steak, you can't go wrong with this place. We had 5 of us and everyone was happy with their order. I ordered the filet medium with the skillet potatos. Steak was cooked perfect and the skillet potatos where delicious. Hope to find another Bob's sometime in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealkrisDined on 10/24/2014Bob's never disappoints. The food is always delicious, well prepared, and perfectly seasoned. Their cuts of meat are great quality and always very tender and juicy. No complaints here...everything from appetizers, to entrees, to sides, and desserts was great. A few recommendations: their porterhouse is AMAZING, their creamed corn and smashed potatoes are also very good, and the brownie sundae is a great end to the meal...Yum! Also, we have never had poor service here, and the outdoor seating is great when there is nice weather. We will definitely be back the next time we visit Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT STEAKSLanmanVIPDined on 10/24/2014The best steak in Nashville without a doubt. Service was top notch. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Excellent butTFCJRVIPDined on 10/24/2014Overall a very pleasant but very expensive meal. Ambiance is very upscale, probably the best I have seen in Nashville. Wine list is extensive and expensive. Ordered the side dish fried potatoes with gravy and was totally unimpressed by the soggy potatoes with a strange taste of gravy over them. My Kansas City strip was good, my wife's filet was excellent. Outstanding service from Larry.Special Features:
- Client DinnerChiefDined on 10/22/2014Took client to Bob's. We ate in the bar. Pretty loud but it was the bar. Food was good but pricey. Would save for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the steakssteakloverDined on 10/21/2014Great steaks and abundant friendly service. Recommend a reservation because they are really busy. Noise level can be high when filled with as lively crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone in steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Food was very good and I will recommend this restaurant. The steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014First time at Bob's, based on a friend's recommendation. This was a special occasion. Great service. Great food. Definitely one of the city's finest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $94 steak that wasn't disclosedNashDined on 10/17/2014I am a Nashville native and tried Bobs. The waiter told us the special of a 12 ounce boned in filet. He never mentioned the price. I asked him if the meat was the same as the 12 ounce filet that I think was $48 and he said yes and that the boned in added flavor. Once again no mention of the price. So we ordered it. We ate and received the bill and the steak was $94. This wasn't Kobe this was a normal filet. Ripoff to say the least. I hope this isnt the tourist trap that gives NASHVILLE a bad name.Special Features:
- 5 stars!AllisonDined on 10/17/2014Scored last min. reservations on a Friday night. Restaurant atmosphere was great! Wonderful wait staff, Brian was beyond great! Will be back there soon! Well done Bob's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationtwoinluvDined on 10/17/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Bob's and had the most wonderful time. It seemed as if we were the only ones there. Not only was the dinner amazing, but the anniversary surprise was amazing. Thank you Bob's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerTraveledDined on 10/15/2014Went to dinner with 2 co-workers. We all wanted a great steak, and its exactly what we got. The filet mignon was cooked perfect for all of us. I had the fried lobster with my steak as a surf and turf option and it was really delicious. Such a nice different taste. Loved it. Dessert choices were hard to make but we went with the carrot cake which was more than enough for 3 of us to share. Worth going to this great spot.Special Features:
- Delicious all the way aroundTravelingAllanLSDined on 10/11/2014The reservation process was easy. The restaurant itself was beyond satisfactory! The service was great as our waiter was attentive and polite. The food itself was amazing! Both the Prime Ribeye and New York Strip were cooked to perfection (both medium) and the varied cooked styles of the potatoes were above average. We also got a side of lobster mac and cheese that was a special for the night and it was beautifully creamy, cheesy and tasty.Special Features:
- dannfdadaniVIPDined on 10/11/2014Solid food, service was attentive but my server was pushing certain high end options. Nothing wrong with offering but the style was amiss.Special Features:
- Impressive FoodMVNashvilleVIPDined on 10/5/2014The beef was amazing and tender. The variety of gigantic shrimp surprised us- just incredible! Our server Brian made excellent recommendations, a true professional who knows food and wine. We were treated like royalty by the whole staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They raised the bar forever higher!sirdinesalotDined on 10/3/2014We have all had the hundred dollar steak, delicious and worth it's weight in gold. That is why we are in a fine steak house. It's what we expect. At Bob's however the potatoes and carrot shared the spotlight. Yes i said carrot! NEVER has a waiter taken the time to check the reservation and address me by name. The attention to detail is unprecedented. This is a 6 star dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary PlaceBeerGeekDined on 10/3/2014Found this Gem on Opentable.com when visiting Nashville on Anniversary trip. Was looking for a 4-5 star steak house and this surpassed the 5 star mark. We even had a good laugh the story behind the pickles on table(PS they were good too). Everyone there greeted us by name and made us feel important. The mixed drink list had good selection and long list of local beers to choose from. We had the 9oz and 12oz filet and they were both cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob SteakB3thlehem3Dined on 10/2/2014I was looking foward to having a great steak, dut to fact that Bob's is avertised as the best steak house in Nashville. I was disappointed in my steak, it was tough even though it was on the rare side. I order medium well and it came out on the medium rare side. I did make the comment about my first steak and they made me a new steak and it was better than the first one, but did not impress me at all. BoB restaurant did not meet my expectations and was overall disappointed and will not dine at this resturant next time I am in town.Special Features:
- Fabulous findPauliegirlDined on 9/27/2014It was my first time in nashville great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent food and serviceWilliamCVIPDined on 9/24/2014Once again, Bob's Steak & Chop House as thrilled our out of town guests. Friendly service and a welcome by name make us feel we are welcome and appreciated. The manager stopped by, calling us by name, to make sure everything was as expected.Special Features:
- superbOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014move over Kayne Prime and Palm. you have another worthy competitor in the high end steak choices. This is certainly not to take anything away form either of the other 2 mentioned, but Bob's is every bit as good. My filet was as god as I think I have ever had. highly recommended when you feel like dropping a large amount of money ... but worth paying for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in NashvilleNickVIPDined on 9/19/2014Bob's is the best steak in town. Best food, wine list, service, and ambiance, and it's been 100% consistent the 10+ times I've dined. Glad to have it as an option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet I've hadnurutasDined on 9/18/2014A Steakhouse can get mixed reviews. One can up the odds for a top notch steak by only having reliable Prime sources and a kitchen that knows what they are doing. This evening came together in one of those perfect alignments. Honestly, I've never had better. I'm not excited about the sides at Bob's, but then I didn't go there to eat the sides. My 12 oz filet was sheer perfection. A TenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingtcarterDined on 9/15/2014This place was amazing. Food was excellent, service was great. It was kinda pricey but overall very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Life is Short..eat well.Pks72Dined on 9/12/2014Fantastic experience all around. Life is also too short for long reviews. If you'd lke to know how good it is then go try it. Tip: valet your car. The restaurant will validate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.