Bob's Steak & Chop House - Nashville
250 5th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Nashville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/
- Phone: (615) 761-3707x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Bob's Steak & Chop House - Nashville
A traditional American Prime Steakhouse, combining simple elegance, a lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wines and large cuts of the finest prime steaks, chops and seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)romantic (60)notable wine list (50)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (38)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (14)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- superbOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014move over Kayne Prime and Palm. you have another worthy competitor in the high end steak choices. This is certainly not to take anything away form either of the other 2 mentioned, but Bob's is every bit as good. My filet was as god as I think I have ever had. highly recommended when you feel like dropping a large amount of money ... but worth paying for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in NashvilleNickVIPDined on 9/19/2014Bob's is the best steak in town. Best food, wine list, service, and ambiance, and it's been 100% consistent the 10+ times I've dined. Glad to have it as an option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet I've hadnurutasDined on 9/18/2014A Steakhouse can get mixed reviews. One can up the odds for a top notch steak by only having reliable Prime sources and a kitchen that knows what they are doing. This evening came together in one of those perfect alignments. Honestly, I've never had better. I'm not excited about the sides at Bob's, but then I didn't go there to eat the sides. My 12 oz filet was sheer perfection. A TenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingtcarterDined on 9/15/2014This place was amazing. Food was excellent, service was great. It was kinda pricey but overall very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Life is Short..eat well.Pks72Dined on 9/12/2014Fantastic experience all around. Life is also too short for long reviews. If you'd lke to know how good it is then go try it. Tip: valet your car. The restaurant will validate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEatNashvilleDined on 9/10/2014We were looking for a nice place to take friends from out of town we decided to try Bob's. Probably the best steak I have ever had. With drinks and tip plan on $75/ person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!NashvillevisitorDined on 9/8/2014This was our first trip to Nashville and we saw recommendations for Bob's online. This ended up being the nicest meal we had during our stay. Staff are super friendly and very accomodating. The food was outstanding - perhaps the best filet we have had in quite a long time. Loved the fried potatoes with gravy. Dessert was wonderful. Would definitely go back if we are ever in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBrenaeDined on 9/3/2014I just want to say thank you for the wonderful experience. EVERYTHING was GREAT!!! I will be back, and that's a promise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKevinDined on 9/3/2014This was again a wonderful dinner and awesome locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...RushedFooddocVIPDined on 8/30/2014We went there a bit late (8:00). We had apps and dinner and we brought a really nice bottle of wine (a 14 year old cabernet). The food was good but a step below The Southern, The Palm, Ruth’s and Morton’s and way below Kayne Prime. The service was surly and rushed. There was no evidence of anyone really caring. The waiter had no idea how to open a bottle of wine. He put the corkscrew HALF way down the cork and destroyed it. He did spent 5 minutes rescuing it and we spent the hour that we were there picking out bits of cork. Not a good experience.
- YumstersDined on 8/25/2014Three of us went for dinner and it was excellent. Our steaks were perfectly cooked and my filet was one of the best I have ever had. The smashed potatoes were delicious, as was the creamed spinach and the glazed carrot, and all the portions were huge. I was not a fan of the pickles and peppers that were on the table, but I'm not big on picked things. The bread was delicious though. The pecan pie was the best of the three desserts we ordered to try, and the bread pudding was the least. Our waiter, Josh, was phenomenal and very personable and made the evening even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveningMalcahshopDined on 8/23/2014Just love the food and service, best filet in Nashville. Great value and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!FoodieDined on 8/22/2014The most amazing food and service! Everything was about it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where 's my steak?nallywhackerDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful food and service. It was a little too dark for me. I could not tell the lean from the fat on the ribeye. But hey, my eyes are old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJamesDined on 8/20/2014Great food! Excellent Staff, great location, Definatley try the Lobster Mac & Cheese! *********************Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSteakloverDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful dining experience. The steak was on Par with some of the best I've ever had. We raise cattle and i eat BEEF a lot, and this was superb. The pickles and peppers at the beginning starts the night off right. will definitely repeat.Special Features:
- Great steak!CharfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Probably the thing you were looking most forward and steakhouse is a great steak and this place has it. Sides are good but salads are lacking. The glass of bourbon is like two-for-one all the time, definitely not chinsy with the poor. I had the bone in ribeye their specialty great sear on the outside and cooked perfectly. My wife had the fillet, again perfect see year cook to perfection and not mealy as some fillets can be. The shrimp platter appetizer was as fresh as sitting on the Gulf. This is a great classic steakhouse I'm glad they are in Nashville. Our waitress Connie was particularly excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best FilettootskiDined on 8/15/2014Excellent service, ambiance, wine and the best filet I think I have ever eaten. The bread and sides are fine--nothing notable. The desserts are to be shared--very large portions, and also very, very good. The carrot cake was so delicious.Special Features:
- Server was AmazingKellyDined on 8/15/2014The food was great as you would expect but our server, Sheldon, made the evening truly memorable. He was engaging and a true joy to have as a part of our evening. Great job Sheldon - bacon for everyone! Your new friends from Chicago.Special Features:
- First Time Diners.....ArmacjmDined on 8/13/2014A friend was in town, staying at the Omni, so we took him to Bob's. This was one hopping place! The service was excellent - with the staff actually reading the request we'd made for a quieter setting than normal and suggesting a move from the noisy room we were originally seated in. That was awesome. The great service was accompanied by excellent food. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening. This is not a cheap place, nor did we expect it to be....located in the Omni smack-dab in downtown Nashville.....but at the same time, it wasn't crazy expensive. Prices were higher than average, but so was the food and the service. We didn't go away unhappy on any level. Would definitely return again! Great valet service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingmactownDined on 8/12/2014Great food and atmosphere with a wonderful view of Nashville. Noted for a special glazed carrot which tastes like yams and sliced fried potatoes, caramelized onions and gravy, "EXCELLENT"! Crab cakes were filled with 95% crab meat. Highly recommend experiencing a special romantic dinner. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Very NiceBWRouseDined on 8/11/2014The food, the ambience and the staff together made for a wonderful celebration for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014waiter John started out good but was really not very good. He said we will get you bread when he took the drink order and it never came. He knew my name when we started and then asked me when the bill came. When the bill came it sat for about 10 minutes and I could have signed it and left but he did not ask if it went on the room and the bill was not ready for a room charge. Then he forgot to give me a pen. He never asked during dinner if the meat was cooked to our liking. I think that he is over worked or has ADDSpecial Features:
- high expectationsFoodMuseVIPDined on 8/9/2014Steakhouse - we ate steak. Rib eye and filet. Considering it was prime, the flavor wasn't what I expected. Good not great. Both were quite greasy. Maybe it was butter? The spinach salad was one of the best I've ever had. Baked potato was a smidge over cooked, but good. Chives were chopped green onion. In a restaurant like this, I'd serve the real thing. Also, had skillet potatoes with sautéed onion (very tasty) & gravy (not so much). Since gravy seemed odd addition we ordered it on the side. Glad we did. We also had asparagus which was asparagus, very skinny asparagus. Typical of a steakhouse the portions were large. As for cocktail, had a pre-dinner pomegranate martini that was excellent. Maybe it was a bit of an off night.Special Features:
- Great steaksBobandChrisDined on 8/6/2014A very good downtown location for a special steak night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetotravelDined on 8/1/2014Great food and even better service. Daryll, one of the managers, was very friendly and informative and out server Connie was amazing!! She went way out of her way for our kiddos and had them beg us to go back the next night!! Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Bob's has good steaks and the lobster mac & cheese is yummy!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceTommyDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time to Bob's and both the food and service were excellent. Bob's will surely be on our rotation of fine dining establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014EXCELLENT,We loved the relaxed feel of this place. I definitely would return. The potato-leek soup was amazing and the Bibb lettuce salad was refreshing. We loved the steak. Service was well-timed and friendly, and affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet Oscar Style Must TryspoiledwifeDined on 7/24/2014My husband took me for my birthday. We both have never been. Now it is my new fave in Nashville. Best steak I have ever had my Filet was cut with my fork. Only bad experience was the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodjeavesDined on 7/21/2014The food is excellent. I seriously doubt you can find a better steak in the city. Large portions from both the kitchen and bar (more than a single pour). Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in town!grewuparoundhereDined on 7/19/2014We have finally found the best filet in town! We have truly found a special place and had a wonderful meal. Service was superior as well!Special Features:
- Very good, but not superbtankdaddyDined on 7/19/2014The food was very good and service was friendly. My bone-in KC Strip was perfectly done and very flavorful. We also had lobster mac & cheese, and it was great too. But, one of our party's steaks was completely left off our order, so it arrived long after everyone else's food. The cocktails were overpriced and sometimes just not good. I ordered a sazerac that, while generously sized, tasted nothing like a sazerac, but cost $30! Later I ordered a Macallan 25 and was shocked when it showed up on our bill for $150! I knew it would be expensive, but never expected that much (and it was definitely not a generous pour). I doubt we will return, with so many other great steak options in Nashville.Special Features:
- For steak lovers.SteakloverDined on 7/19/2014While there are many great restaurants in nashville these days, this place by far knows how to grill a perfect steak. The beef is prime and the chef knows how to prepare it. The wine list is strong to boot!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteakLoveCrabDined on 7/18/2014The filet was amazing, cooked to perfection and a perfect "crust" on the outside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Overall very good restaurant. My wife and I had the filet and it was cooked just as we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DiningJacqueDined on 7/16/2014This was a major business dinner meeting for two. Most of the food was outstanding except for a certain potato dish that came with my steak. It had cheese on it and I was not aware of this fact when I ordered. The servicer was top notch. He allowed time for the decisions and had the appropiate follow up to allow our business converstation to happen. I would definately recommend this restaurant to friends/business associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Class ExperienceRedBearRestorationDined on 7/14/2014I have now been to Bob's Steak & Chop House several times. I'm a steakaholic of sorts and I'm never disappointed with the food or service. When you walk through the front door at Bob's you are always welcomed with a smile from the front desk. They always make an effort to seat you at the best seat in the house. The bar staff is knowledgeable, friendly and are always making the best use of time which is important when thirsty customers are seated in front of them. The table service is always consistent, knowledgeable, and make great recommendations. They are also quick to remember past guests which always make you feel like a regular. It goes without saying that I'm a big fan of this place and I would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Absolutely terrible! Do not go!mwilliamscovetDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I went for a date. We will never go back! We were celebrating so we both ordered a drink. My husband has lost weight since his last ID picture. They would not serve him because of it. We are well over the leagl drinking age. The manager then proceeded to say that we could have stolen someone's wallet!!! We would NEVER!!! And that we may be undercover cops!!!!! Very humiliating and we will never return. Absolutely ridiculous!Special Features:
- Special Evening with my wifeLive4foodVIPDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I always enjoy a quiet dinner at an excellent restaurant. Bob's does this very well. Great steaks, great wine list, superior service, and special attention.Special Features: