Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine
1255 South Main Street
Grapevine, TX 76051Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/
- Phone: (817) 481-5555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Javier Aquado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine
Bob’s Steak & Chop House is ranked as one the top steakhouses in the county. USDA Prime Beef seasoned and broiled perfectly. On top of that, the salads are huge, the shrimp are monsters and the bread is to die for. Our service is experienced, the wine list is extensive and the drinks stiff. If you’re not a regular already, come by and let us prove why we’re so proud of what we do.Continued
Bob’s Steak & Chop House
Just like last time.
Just like next time.
Bob’s Steak & Chop House
Just like last time.
Just like next time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (164)notable wine list (109)romantic (85)good for groups (79)fit for foodies (66)vibrant bar scene (44)neighborhood gem (38)hot spot (36)late-night find (10)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2014Perfect celebration for my husbands birthday. Our server julie did a fantastic job. The steaks were perfect and possibly the best meal we have had. We will be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceLuckyWomanDined on 11/22/2014Our server was personable and on his game. The food was amazing, drinks were really great and the atmosphere was perfect for a birthday dinner with close friends. Will go back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our faves!ShawnDined on 11/22/2014The food and service is so good at Bob's that it is one of our favorite places to go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMssullyDined on 11/21/2014We had a nice experience at Bob's. Taylor provided excellent service, attentive and not overbearing. Our reservation indicated our reason for coming and both our server and the management came by to acknowledge and inquire about our meal. The big glazed carrot was rather large and in charge on the dinner plate. The filet was flavorful and tender enough to cut with a fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never let's you down!!!MrWunderfulDined on 11/20/2014Always can count on consistent food, service, and a good time. Heidi was our waitress at the Grapevine location and she was great! We allowed her to choose some appetizers and she picked scallops and bacon wrapped shrimp. My mouth is watering as I write. If you are looking for a great steak or succulent seafood don't hesitate. GO DIRECTLY TO BOB's!!!Special Features:
- Excellent service-Exceptionally ProfessionalBobSDined on 11/20/2014We were a large group, but had made a reservation well in advance for 10 people at 7:30. We arrived on time and were not seated quickly. Within about 5 minutes of waiting the Manager came over and explained that the group that had our table had an issue that delayed them and that we would have a significant wait. He assured me that they would do everything they could to make another large table available and they would put in an order of appetizers on the house that would be timed close to when we were finally seated. We were seated about 8:15 and the appetizers came as promised and were comped. The steak and wine here are always good, but I thought the Manager and the wait staff did a great job dealing with a less than ideal situation. They were exceptionally professional and I would always come back for that, the steak, the wine and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining @ Bob's.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014First time dining at Bob's and it was truly a great experience. Great food, great service. The place was hopping! Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the WaitSteakloversDined on 11/18/2014Even though we had reservations, we had to wait 45 minutes for our table. Ambiance is great, but when the restaurant is full, the noise level is very high. The steaks are always cooked to perfection. We love the banana nut bread pudding. Bob's Steakhouse is our place to celebrate birthdays, promotions, holidays, etc. We definitely recommend Bob's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old FaithfulMikeSDined on 11/15/2014Reliably good food and great service. I'd say they have it down to a science, but it's really just good people paying attention to every detail every minute. Staff was available and attentive, but not overbearing. I giggled as I watched a table breakdown and setup - reminded me of an assembly line. Each person played their part, without words, and the 'machine' had readied the table for the next guest in a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, service, and decor 5 stars!Foodie1000Dined on 11/15/2014What a fabulous restaurant. The steak tartare, and the seared scallops were amazing. Andre provided a fantastic wine suggestion and his service was impeccable. My entrée, the wagu ribeye was colossal, and happen to be the best steak I've ever had. The Seabass was perfectly prepared melted in your mouth! We had the brownie overload and the crème brûlée both were a hit! Thank you for making our occasion such a special one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usual.DarkmansShadowDined on 11/14/2014I have to say that our dinner here was up to its usual goodness. We visit periodically during the year, especially when my wife's sister and her husband are in town. He smokes cigars and enjoys the opportunity to sit by the fire near the bar, watch the TV and enjoy one or more of his cigars. The food is always good, the wine list suits our needs and the bar takes care of our mixed drink needs. They changed the pork chops to pork rib chops which was not what I was expecting. It was just as good as the usual 2 pork chop order that I receive when I have ordered it. Salads are good and sized so that they can be split between my wife and her sister. They usually split a meal item a steak, or fish/shrimp. We will certainly return again and again. And we recommend Bob's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruined our Tomahawk ribeye not once, but twice!KABrownVIPDined on 11/14/2014We eat here a couple of times per month and always have a great experience. For my husband's birthday dinner, we split the Tomahawk ribeye cooked medium. It was rare the first time, then well done the second time. Manager after annoyed when we sent back the $70 piece of burned meat. Second steak was cooked perfectly, albeit 30 minutes later. Then the manager tried to charge us full price for the meal. Eventually comped the steak and birthday dessert, but we won't be back anytime soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,best steak around.must try tomahawkBigGeorge52Dined on 11/14/2014A great place to get a steak,especially the tomahawk ribeye.all steaks are great as well as salads.wait staff very courteous and helpful.Great place for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not A Good Call For An AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2014For our 20th anniversary, my wife wanted to celebrate at Bob's. We live in the area and had not visited previously. Bad call. Terribly noisy. Could literally barely hear my wife speaking across from me. Also had difficulty hearing our server. I want to enjoy my meal, not endure it. Yes, the food was good. That said, I can't consider the experience enjoyable.Special Features:
- Bob's Seak N Chopp in GrapevineJetRepDined on 11/11/2014Fantastic Rib Eye, Lobster Bisque excellent as always!! The wine list is extensive as well.... great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Anniversary DinnermelandersonDined on 11/11/2014We love Bob's Steak and Chop House. The food was amazing! Normally go to the one in Fort Worth but the one is Grapevine is closer to work. We will start going there! We loved that the manager come over to our table to tell us "Happy Anniversary". Great job!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CustomerPoorserviceDined on 11/8/2014We were a party of 5 celebrating a friend's birthday. This was our first visit and will be our last. Sorry but the room was so loud we could not hear each other across our table. Additionally service was poor. Very slow and not attentive. Waited for service for rounds of drinks. Once served beer bottles remained on table not removed. The food was very good and a little pricey, but the main reason for not returning was the poor slow service.Special Features:
- Bobs Steak and Chop HousebostondinerDined on 11/8/2014Good choice, only negative was a wait staff who wanted to hurry us along in terms of food and beverage choices and was hovering until we told her we wanted to be leisurely and not be rushed- I can appreciate that it was a Saturday night and they wanted to turn over tables but we had two bottles of wine, dessert, salads etc so the bill wasn't cheap and it we tipped well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yrb1Dined on 11/8/2014Server-Whitney was great. Food was great. We had to move our reservations back by 30 minutes and the restaurant did a great job to accommodate. Everything was very nice. love open table and love Bob's.Special Features:
- GreatExperienceDined on 11/6/2014It was a lovely experience and the staff were very attentive which was very much appreciated. It met my expectations.Special Features:
- Bob's - Always a reliable choiceEatingOutisFunVIPDined on 11/5/2014Bob's is always a great choice for a good steak. The restaurant is energetic and lively. Bar has great cocktails and they have an extensive wine selection. From the valet parkers to the wait staff, everyone is always very accommodating. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/5/2014We live in the Northeast part of the year and Bob's is always our first reservation upon arrival back in Texas. It never fails to deliver both quality and service. My son tried the Tomahawk Ribeye and as a NYC veteran "foodie" and chef, pronounced it the best steak he'd ever had. Our server was witty and knowledgable and steered me to a cut I'd never tried before, which was excellent. We travel the world and eat a lot in the top NYC restaurants, but Bob's is our favorite. Not only for steak too--the crabcakes are to die for as is the halibut.Special Features:
- Loud & SmokeyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014If you're a non-smoker be sure to request a table away from the cigar room - which is not enclosed. We were also seated next to a large group of boisterous men. We could barely hear our waiter or each other speak. The food was very good and our waiter, Able, was excellent. I will definitely be more specific about our dining and location preferences in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All but the quality of the steakThe2CsDined on 11/3/2014Everything was perfect except the quality of the meat. It was cooked perfectly; however, I would have apologized to my quest if I had served it at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little disappointedBJ16Dined on 11/1/2014I picked 6:30 hoping the noise level would be low. However, by 7 it was crowded and very noisy. For a nice restaurant it should have some sound absorbing materials in the ceiling and walls. My husband and son had filets. My husband's was slightly over cooked. My ribeye had lot of fat. I took over half of it home. Tonight I warmed the steak and got about 4-5 bites. The rest was fat. Last month we ate in Plano at Bob's and the ribeye was very good. So Grapevine was not as good as I hoped. They did give a free dessert for my birthday, and the manager came by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All great @ Bobs !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014Everything was great...service,food,wine and mostly my company. My bride of 32 years.Special Features:
- Group dinnerBingDined on 10/28/2014Very busy and cramped for space. Food was done well but slow. Mixed up our take home bags.Special Features:
- Watch out for the specialsPd12Dined on 10/25/2014Basically our experience was good. My husband says he won't go back for a while. When they give you the "steaks not on the menu" that's a clue that they are are outrageously expensive. The filet on the menu was around $40-50. The bone in on the special list turned out to be $75. That's insane. It's hard to find a steak worthy of that price. Be sure to ask the price before you order, my husband doesn't like to do that if we are with other people but he will next time. It wouldn't hurt them to give you a polite heads up on the price since it is so out of line. No one likes to be surprised in the end, even those on a business expense, maybe especially those on a business expense.
- Sam4Sam4Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I loved the food and the atmosphere of Bob's Chophouse. The service was stellar!!!! 5 stars across the board in my book!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it heretripletmom1027Dined on 10/25/2014We have been to Bob's many times for special events and have always loved the atmosphere , food and service. This visit was to celebrate our triples 23rd birthday and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent as was the service. The manager came by to wish everyone a happy birthday and spent a few minutes visiting with us. This is a wonderful spot for special occasions and we choose it often.Special Features:
- First TimeGGSMDined on 10/24/2014Superb steaks. Good atmosphere and very fine service. Only complaint is they block off so many parking spots for valet parking that anyone who wants to self park has to park around back---Really! Even if the parking was complimentary, one has to tip the valet drivers, for something I'd rather do myself.Special Features:
- ConsistentFoodloverDined on 10/23/2014Always a favorite- never disappoints- we love coming to Bob's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th AniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014We had made reservations for dinner and I ordered flowers and they were on table waiting. Food was excellent, service fabulous and management could not been more gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceToddDined on 10/20/2014When we are in the Area We make it a point to got to Bob's. They have some of the best steaks I have ever had. The wait staff is always friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNailsDined on 10/18/2014The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014service was good except for the guy who did our pepper and told us to "hang on" ..found the restaurant much too loud for what we expected. for the price i'd like a more intimate atmosphere or the option for quieter space.we found ourselves yelling to talk :-( we did buy a friend a Gift Cert of 100.00 and suggested they have steak (not watery seafood) and try to sit in corner quiet area. overall the upscale feel was nice but hard to enjoy. enjoyed the back space w/the cigar areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceJTandcarolDined on 10/18/2014Very attentive, polite and friendly. Management is on top of every fine touch as is their wait staff.Special Features:
- Great food and service as always!WineGuyDined on 10/18/2014The "prime" filet's melt in your mouth! Abel, is now our personal waiter, as we request him every time. The complimentary birthday dessert was really special and a nice touch. We dine at this Bob's 3 - 4 times per year. We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary here. The service was excellent and attentive. Manager made time to visit and comped desert. Food was cooked as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob'sjyoungDined on 10/16/2014Great service and good ambiance. The servers are all very professional and conscientious. It was a little loud for a Thursday night, but overall we enjoyed the restaurant. My only suggestion would be for the chefs to ensure the steaks are served at the proper temperature.Special Features: