Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine
1255 South Main Street
Grapevine, TX 76051Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/
- Phone: 8174815555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Javier Aquado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine
Bob’s Steak & Chop House is ranked as one the top steakhouses in the county. USDA Prime Beef seasoned and broiled perfectly. On top of that, the salads are huge, the shrimp are monsters and the bread is to die for. Our service is experienced, the wine list is extensive and the drinks stiff. If you’re not a regular already, come by and let us prove why we’re so proud of what we do.Continued
Bob’s Steak & Chop House
Just like last time.
Just like next time.
Bob’s Steak & Chop House
Just like last time.
Just like next time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (182)notable wine list (117)romantic (93)good for groups (82)fit for foodies (68)vibrant bar scene (50)neighborhood gem (40)hot spot (39)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2014When we are in the Area We make it a point to got to Bob's. They have some of the best steaks I have ever had. The wait staff is always friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014service was good except for the guy who did our pepper and told us to "hang on" ..found the restaurant much too loud for what we expected. for the price i'd like a more intimate atmosphere or the option for quieter space.we found ourselves yelling to talk :-( we did buy a friend a Gift Cert of 100.00 and suggested they have steak (not watery seafood) and try to sit in corner quiet area. overall the upscale feel was nice but hard to enjoy. enjoyed the back space w/the cigar areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceJTandcarolDined on 10/18/2014Very attentive, polite and friendly. Management is on top of every fine touch as is their wait staff.Special Features:
- Great food and service as always!WineGuyDined on 10/18/2014The "prime" filet's melt in your mouth! Abel, is now our personal waiter, as we request him every time. The complimentary birthday dessert was really special and a nice touch. We dine at this Bob's 3 - 4 times per year. We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary here. The service was excellent and attentive. Manager made time to visit and comped desert. Food was cooked as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob'sjyoungDined on 10/16/2014Great service and good ambiance. The servers are all very professional and conscientious. It was a little loud for a Thursday night, but overall we enjoyed the restaurant. My only suggestion would be for the chefs to ensure the steaks are served at the proper temperature.Special Features:
- ColinDined on 10/14/2014Too Noisy, can not even talk to people around your table. They need to get something done about thatSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014One of the best steaks I've ever had. The mood was perfect for a romantic special occasion and the service was amazing. We told our waitress it was a birthday dinner and a manager personally greeted us later and told us dessert would be free! It was an around excellent experience and worth every dollar that was spent.Special Features:
- impromptu celebrationanotherbobDined on 10/11/2014had guests in town and decided to celebrate a birthday early....Bob's was a great choice. Made a rez for 6 on Open Table, showed up and all was in order from beginning to end, including the birthday brownie! Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudJimNDined on 10/10/2014Very loud atmosphere and staff always seemed rushed. Will return if that's what someone else wants but I'll pick elsewhere.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014Brought clients from out of town in for the best steak in the DFW area. If your looking for great food and service this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningTimberleeDined on 10/4/2014We have not had a date night in over a year, & our server made it a night to remember, Jay Fisher our server was wonderful and the night enjoyable. The entire staff & mgmt. we're courteous & extremely friendly and they made us feel welcome. The food was delicious & perfectly cooked to perfection. I highly recommend anyone to this wonderful & professional restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great meanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/201446th anniversary dinner. Steaks were very good and the service was great. A bit too loud, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dixie1953Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary Saturday at Bobs. We were both disappointed in our steaks. We both had the 9 oz filets. The quality of the steaks was good but the flavor just wasn't there. The service was good but the place was so noisy there was no way to carry on a conversation with my wife. The sides were mediocre at best. The steaks needed to be seared on the outside and seasoned more. I would have sent the steak back but I didn't want to wait another 20 or 30 minutes to eat . On a one to ten scale I give Bobs a five.
- special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I love Bob's for special occasions. The staff always recognizes why we are celebrating and we get free dessert ;) I would recommend asking for a booth if you're wanting a little more privacy. This last time we went we sat in the middle of a big room behind a large group that was pretty loud. We felt like we had better service when we were not sitting out in the open. The food is PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner!MellypDined on 10/3/2014My girlfriends and I had an awesome Bob's experience this past Friday to celebrate my birthday. With an amazing steak dinner and good company, you can't go wrong. Bob's is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Bob's Steak and ChopMKv2Dined on 10/3/2014Bob's Steak and Chops is a great place to eat. The food is amazing and the staff is incredible. Every time we go to this restaurant we thoroughly enjoy our dinner. I highly recommend this as a great place to spend an evening with friends and family.Special Features:
- IkeWDined on 10/3/2014Food was excellent, service superb, and staff very attentive in ensuring food was prepared to our liking.Special Features:
- Excellent steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent steak house, professionally done. Terrific server.Special Features:
- Large group, no problembibbpromoDined on 10/2/2014Had no trouble getting our reservation, being seated, service was excellent, food perfectly prepared. A 10 according to everyone in our group of 13.Special Features:
- Very Nice RestaurantStevenDined on 10/1/2014The food was very good and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 9/30/2014The food is usually good. We went on a weed night and it was still very busy. The atmosphere while the restaurant has a cool look.....he had a very difficult time hearing our guest. The conversation was strained due to the noise level of the restaurant. We will go back because of the service and food. I wish we could find a restaurant that had great service/food AND where the atmosphere was quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoagainVIPDined on 9/29/2014Fantastic rib-eye steak! Excellent meal. The chocolate cake was amazing. The wait staff attentive. The meal was served in a timely manner.Special Features:
- A great dinnermerrydinerDined on 9/29/2014I've been to Bobs a few times in the past year and I've had an amazing experience each time. The food is amazing and more importantly the wine list is extensive, great wines at every price range! We had great service from the second we walked in the door. We were sat immediately at a great booth on a busy weekday. Our server was James and he was very attentive and helpful. He really made our evening great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a little disappointedCJH95VIPDined on 9/27/2014We picked Bob's for a birthday dinner as we thought it would be a nice place to go and dress up a little. However, the majority of patron's were in sports jerseys, jeans, short, tennis shoes. Honestly we felt like we were in an expensive sports bar. My wife felt out of place wearing a dress. It did not live up to our expectations for a special occasion dinner. They sat us very close to the hostess stand and waiting area which added to the disappointment. Luckily the service was great. The food was also very good, but for this kind of money we would prefer to go to steakhouses which expect patrons to dress more appropriately.Special Features:
- Best steaks aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Great service, amazing steaks, excellent wines. Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalCvcoupleDined on 9/27/2014This was my first time to eat at Bob's and I will definitely be back. My husband had a ribeye steak and I had Chilean sea bass and lobster tail. We also tried their onion rings for an appetizer. The onion rings were not the best I've had, but they were good. The sea bass was delicious - perfectly cooked - and the lobster was very tasty. My husband loved the steak. The flavor was amazing. It was a bit loud so we had a little trouble talking to each other, but other than that, I would say this place is perfect. Overall we loved it and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knocked out of the park again!AlwaysamazingDined on 9/27/2014Every experience we have had at Bobs is always amazing. We brought a young man that has never been there before and he thoroughly enjoyed every last bite of his filet. From the calamari to the lobster bisque to the melt in your mouth filet and mashed potatoes with the glazed carrot it was masterpiece. Thank you for always knocking it out of the park!Special Features:
- EvaluationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Major complaints : 1. Parking is impossible! 2. Noise level from conversations at adjoining tables makes conversation extremely difficult (the price of success I guess!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This was our first time to eat at Bob's. It was for my husband's birthday. The food was good, good service, and they even comped his dessert and the manager came by to say happy birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysSKDFWDined on 9/25/2014We took my husband's boss from Omaha there for dinner, and he loved it, just as we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner!Melissaedwards22Dined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Bobs and had an amazing time. The steaks were delicious and we were given a dessert on the house which was amazing and made us feel so special! We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceSept20Dined on 9/20/2014Service was great. Food wasn't the best for the price or competitionSpecial Features:
- Great date night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014My husband took me here for my birthday dinner, and it was perfect from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy Bar Crowd Friday nightDaveDined on 9/19/2014The crowd at the bar was so loud, we had a hard time hearing over their noise. Sure takes away from another really great meal from Bob's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service!IlovefoodDined on 9/13/2014We were visiting from New Orleans and stopped by randomly. Our waiter Alfred was so pleasant and truly made our experience special. Talk about southern hospitality! And the food was just as awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Celebrated my 50ish birthday with my two daughters and my ex-wife (?) and had a wonderful meal! The staff was attentive in a very professional way, recommending dishes for everyone's tastes. Steaks and sides were cooked to perfection. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a special experienceDisappointedDined on 9/12/2014We went to Bobs for a special occasion and we were very disappointed. I do not see what the hype is about Bobs. The food, including the steak, was not any better than a steak at another steakhouse, such as Texas Road House. The portions were small and the dishes were extremely over-priced. Bob's is evidently very proud of their dishes, but I do not see how this is possible. For example, I ordered the steak and lobster for $65 and received a small lobster tail and two 3 oz filets, one of which was overcooked. The situation was remedied by recooking another 3 oz filet, but it was not brought back out to the table until we were all finished with our meals. The experience at Bobs was diappointing and I like I was ripped-off.
- Business MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Had a business meeting noise level was a bit high but service and food where excellent.Special Features: