Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine
1255 South Main Street
Grapevine, TX 76051Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/
- Phone: 8174815555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Javier Aquado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine
Bob’s Steak & Chop House is ranked as one the top steakhouses in the county. USDA Prime Beef seasoned and broiled perfectly. On top of that, the salads are huge, the shrimp are monsters and the bread is to die for. Our service is experienced, the wine list is extensive and the drinks stiff. If you’re not a regular already, come by and let us prove why we’re so proud of what we do.Continued
Bob’s Steak & Chop House
Just like last time.
Just like next time.
Bob’s Steak & Chop House
Just like last time.
Just like next time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Grapevine reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (175)notable wine list (106)romantic (91)good for groups (73)fit for foodies (58)vibrant bar scene (52)hot spot (34)neighborhood gem (33)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Awesome Service!IlovefoodDined on 9/13/2014We were visiting from New Orleans and stopped by randomly. Our waiter Alfred was so pleasant and truly made our experience special. Talk about southern hospitality! And the food was just as awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Celebrated my 50ish birthday with my two daughters and my ex-wife (?) and had a wonderful meal! The staff was attentive in a very professional way, recommending dishes for everyone's tastes. Steaks and sides were cooked to perfection. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a special experienceDisappointedDined on 9/12/2014We went to Bobs for a special occasion and we were very disappointed. I do not see what the hype is about Bobs. The food, including the steak, was not any better than a steak at another steakhouse, such as Texas Road House. The portions were small and the dishes were extremely over-priced. Bob's is evidently very proud of their dishes, but I do not see how this is possible. For example, I ordered the steak and lobster for $65 and received a small lobster tail and two 3 oz filets, one of which was overcooked. The situation was remedied by recooking another 3 oz filet, but it was not brought back out to the table until we were all finished with our meals. The experience at Bobs was diappointing and I like I was ripped-off.
- Business MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Had a business meeting noise level was a bit high but service and food where excellent.Special Features:
- World ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Bobs came highly recommended from a business partner. The food and service was the best I've had in my 50 years of dining around the world. Our server Blake helped with choosing a great Cabernet that went well with every course. Steaks were prepared perfectly, I went with the bone-in filet and opted for the crab oscar. Great evening with spectacular food and service. Thanks again to everyone at Bobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be betteredBritsinTexasDined on 9/8/2014On Monday it was our 30th wedding anniversary and we are far away from home (we're Brits). Bob's was recommended to us and did not disappoint. We chose scallops for an appetizer and a rib eye and New York strip for our entrees. Wow, they were the best steaks we have ever had. The service was excellent and our wine (a pinotage from South Africa) a perfect accompaniment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service!30thanniversarycelebrantsDined on 9/8/2014We went to Bob's to celebrate our 30th anniversary and had a wonderful experience. Not only were the steaks "melt in your mouth" delicious, but the service was outstanding. Our waitress, Timberly, was very friendly and attentive and made our dining experience one to remember! The manager also came by our table to wish us happy anniversary and to make sure we were satisfied with the experience.Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceBback4moreDined on 9/6/2014The food was great! The customer service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect.HorsepowerAndHeels81Dined on 9/6/2014While in town for the Red Bull Air Races, we went to Bob's to meet up with an old friend. We had reservations and were seated promptly upon arrival. We ordered wine and calamari to start. Our waiter was amazing. So friendly and genuine. Calamari arrived and it was great until my husband grabbed a piece that had a large hair fried into the batter. That was somewhat of a turnoff. Everyone ordered filets Oscar and were pleasantly surprised to find an actual chunk of crab leg meat instead of the standard lump meat. My goodness was it fabulous. Steaks were cooked perfectly. Had lobster mac & cheese for the table which was just outstanding. The smoky cheese used gave the dish incredible flavor. The good far outweighed the bad.Special Features:
- Our favorite go to placebestofthebestDined on 9/6/2014We have spent almost every important event at Bobs grapevine. Birthdays, anniversary, new baby. And lots of times just becauseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For perfectly prepared steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/5/2014I was visiting town for a conference and wanted to take my team (party of six of us) to a special dinner. Bob's did not disappoint. The service and the food were excellent. The steaks were cooked to perfection, and seasoned well. The price was reasonable for a steakhouse, and the wine markups were what I would expect from a top-notch steakhouse. They did have a wine special on a Cabernet that went very well with our meals. My only complaint about Bob's is the noise level. We went on a Friday night, and it was quite noisy. The darkened lighting clashed with the noise level. If going, I would recommend finding a table as far away from the bar as you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMicheAtlVIPDined on 9/5/2014We were in Grapevine attending a convention. This was an amazing find! I opted for the special, Sea Bass. It was the best Sea Bass I have ever had! It was like butter! The service was outstanding! You cannot go wrong booking a table at Bob's!Special Features:
- Awesome as always!!fatkeithDined on 9/5/2014Everything was perfect as it always is!! My favorite place to dine in D/FW.Special Features:
- Overall Revewluv2go2bobsDined on 9/5/2014All the food was great except for the carrot. This is my husbands favorite go to place for special occasions, his birthday, etc. Our steak was exceptional and we always love the carrots here, but for some reason that night they were very bland with very little glaze on them. But we dont complain as long as our steak is good we are happy people. The service here is exceptional and we are always made to feel very special. Thank you for making my husbands birthday another great success.Special Features:
- DinnerSki4Dined on 9/4/2014Very disappointed in the dry aged bone in strip steak. Steak was undercooked and tasteless. Definitely not worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch service + delicious foodFoodieMomDined on 9/4/2014Our meal was wonderful, as always. I tried the crab cake for the first time and though it was delicious, not a great value at around $15 for one crab cake. Steak was cooked perfectly and was full of flavor. I just wish we had room for dessert! Our server was amazing. Very professional and attentive, but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Star Occasion.SpecialTyDined on 8/30/2014Food gourmet, service great. Ambiance wonderfull. Will be back for my husband's birthday later this month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak as alwaysGr8steaksDined on 8/30/2014We had reservations for 7:00 and were seated within 5 minutes. The service was great and the steaks were cooked perfect. I requested a special glass of wine and the waitress delivered. As always it was a great night at Bob's Steak House.Special Features:
- Thank you very much Monty!BAL2917Dined on 8/30/2014Finally made it back to Bob's! Wonderful evening thanks to Monty, Melanie and the excellent support staff. Crab cakes and shrimp cocktail, perfect! The Dirty Bob, make it TWO! Make room for the Wedge, lots of blue cheese! NY strip and filet, warm red center, perfect! Sides, I ordered to many!! Mushrooms, asparagus, green beans, all over the top! Don't forget the lonely carrot on the plate, delicious and just sweet enough. Deserts, have another Dirty Bob and carrot cake. Great evening spent with the wife, didn't even notice the other dinners. Should be on everyone's weekly To Do List. Thanks again Bob's Steak & Chop House for a can't wait to do it again evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent service and food. The evening was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMarkDined on 8/30/2014Wow! My wife and I dined at Bob's for our 37th wedding anniversary and were treated like royalty. Multiple folks wished offered their congratulations. The food was excellent, the service was superb, and attention to detail was evident. I was especially impressed with the care taken to help my wife who is gluten-free. I highly, highly recommend Bob's for special occasions. I also recommend Bob's for business dinners. I had opportunity a while ago to take five of our company's board members to dinner and they were equally impressed.Special Features:
- Consistent choiceJuelineDined on 8/27/2014Bob's is always a good choice for dinner. There are lots of menu options and they are able to seat large groups, with advance planningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Melt In Your Mouth SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We ate at Bobs in Grapevine for dinner last week and it was an outstanding experience. From the moment we entered the door until everything was great. I had steak and my wife had the crab cakes. My wife loves the pickles and always has more than one. One waitress was very knowledgeable and explained the specials and had great answers for our questions. My steak was the melt in your mouth kind and the crab cakes were better than what we had on the east coast last month on vacation. This was a very enjoyable evening with superb food and service. coachfitzySpecial Features:
- Romantic RestaurantCelebrate42Dined on 8/27/2014We celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary at the restaurant . I insisted we go there because of the impeccable service and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Meat Eaters HereEatMeatVIPDined on 8/26/2014Our dinner at Bob's was great - food, service, wine - everything. Would return for sure.Special Features:
- Simply amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We took our son to Bob's for his 15th birthday and it could not have been any better! Our watier, Daniel made him feel like a celebrity and fussed over him and his girlfriend. Two different managers stopped at our table to wish him a happy birthday too! It was simply amazing!Special Features:
- AlliDined on 8/23/2014Good steakhouse with nice atmosphere. Had very nice surf n turf and other dishes that were not just steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in Texasbrianor96Dined on 8/22/2014Never disappoints, great service great steaks great sidesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependableMsMouseDined on 8/22/2014Bob's always delivers. Great service and wonderful food. It's our go to place for nice dinner and end of the week treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Steak!DallasFoodieDined on 8/20/2014Our service was the best ever for a Bob's she never missed a step. Would return when in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The place was to noise for a conversation. Apparently a convention was in town and decided to go to Bob's for dinner. Good for Bob's, bad for someone that wanted a quiet dinner. Hope they made a lot of money! Not sure I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, but too noisy!PuddnpieDined on 8/19/2014We have been regulars at Bob's for about 5 years. Our last visit was unbelievably noisy. While the food was as usual excellent, we were unable to enjoy our guests. A large table that got noisier with each drink. Don't visit Bob's if you expect a quiet relaxing dinner with friends. May have to look around for a new steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim1947Dined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary at Bob's. Food and service were world class, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFirstTimerDined on 8/15/2014Service was great! Super friendly and attentive. The steaks were good, but I don't know that I would put them in my top 10 best (which I read on a website). The cut of the filet was much thicker than I like, and the meat was cold before I was able to finish it.Special Features:
- Great service, food okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Wait staff was great. Food was just ok. T-bone steak was tough. Filet was good. For money spent service was good but food was average.
- Perfect across the boardOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Went in for a birthday dinner with friends. Our server was prompt and made excellent food and wine suggestions. Steaks were cooked to perfection. Dinner was finished by a wonderful brownie sundae. Several managers came by to wish me a happy birthday. Great night from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedgravytrainDined on 8/13/2014I have dined at the Bob's Grapevine location on other occasions and the service and food was always good, this time however was a different story. My ribeye was tough and terrible and although she didn't say anything my dates filet was clearly overcooked compared to what she ordered and we both ended up leaving large portions of our meat. I would have spoken up but it was a first date and I didn't want to come accross to her as hard to please or picky so I let it go. In fairness to Bob's I'm sure if I had mentioned it they would have made things right. Great date but disappointing dinner...
- Great food, and great serviceIkeWDined on 8/13/2014The selection of steaks is great, and they cook it right. Waitress was knew the menu very well, was attentive without constantly hovering. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServicePeregrineDined on 8/11/2014Abigail was our server, fantastic job! Our "eyes were bigger than our heads" and all our excess (which included plenty of extra wonderful food" was discreetly and well packaged for us to take home. Just a most pleasant dining experience. Thank you Bob's chef's and staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Our service was phenomenal. Our server Blake Knepp was amazing. The food and wine was incredible. We had a romantic evening dining. Definitely would reccommend this resturaunt.Special Features: