Bob's Steak and Chop House - Fort Worth
1300 Houston Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/
- Phone: (817) 350-4100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Christian Marentes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re hosting a large business function, a small gathering of friends or anything in between, Bob’s will customize your event to make it special. Our experienced staff will work with you to ensure that every detail is exactly right. From the food and drinks to the
ambience and timing, expect the absolute best for your guests.
The private dining room at Bob's is the perfect destination for hosting your special event. The room features a 60" flat-panel television perfect for all your multimedia needs, along with ample space to accommodate many custom seating arrangements. Complete with soundproofing, your event will feel as though you have the restaurant to yourself.
We will be happy to assist you in creating your menu, which will include a variety of our most popular appetizers, salads and entrees.
Thank you again for your interest in private dining at Bob's Steak & Chop House in Fort Worth. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Private Party Contact: Denise Tow 8173504100x
A word from Bob's Steak and Chop House - Fort Worth
Bob’s Steak & Chop House, located in the beautiful Fort Worth Omni Hotel, is ranked as one of the top steakhouses in the country for a reason. We serve the best prime steak you’ve ever had. Our service is experienced, the wine list is extensive and the drinks are stiff. If you’re not a regular already, come by and let us prove why we’re so proud of what we do.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (38)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (17)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not bad for SaturdayKimbuDined on 11/22/2014The restaurant is a very nice place to take a small group. Noise level allowed for good conversation. What is a bit uncomfortable is the bench seating because someone else sits within a foot of you and overhears everything you say. Such was the case on Saturday night when we were with a group of four, and they sat a man who was dining alone right next to our party, even though there were other spots. Unfortunately, I think we were a bit loud for him and doubt that he enjoyed his very pricey dinner. As far as the food, the steaks were great but I don't understand the large candied carrot. If you've had creamed spinch elsewhere and loved it, I do not recommend Bob's creamed spinach. It has a very harsh, tangy flavor, like bleu cheese or greek yogurt, neither of which I like. Compared to its peers, Bob's measures up for ambiance, but the food is not as good. PS: Do something about the bench seat. The cushion sinks too low, and as a short person, I felt that I needed a booster seat.Special Features:
- Get place to goSMCCDined on 11/15/2014We had a wonderful time for me and my wife's anniversary. The food, service, and atmosphere was fantastic. Could not have asked for a better evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerBuckeyeVIPDined on 11/12/2014This was my first time at Bob's. I was there for a business dinner with three other people. Service was excellent and the food was wonderful. i had a filet and it was prepared to perfection and very tender. It is one of those "hotel restaurants" that are worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionRarefancyDined on 11/8/2014Good food stakes Excellent service Parking is tough since it is down townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great foodMissASimpsonDined on 10/30/2014Great service and great food! :) Everyone was welcoming and took care of us. The food was cook perfectly to what we required.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatScottVIPDined on 10/29/2014I love Bobs...it is my"go to" place when I need a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribeye EverMotowipeoutDined on 10/29/2014I recently visited Chicago, a huge foodie town, and ate the highly recommended 45 day, dry aged bone-in Ribeye at THE top rated "Primehouse" (per Chicago magazine) and must say that it was fantastic..... BUT, with that being said that the bone-in Ribeye at Bob's Steak and Chop house was even better not to mention the sides were excellent as well. The atmosphere is warm and relaxing and the wait staff was always available. Although Bob's may cost a little bit more than a nice chain restaurant, you undoubtedly get a better meal and dinning experience at Bob's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We chose to stay at the Omni Hotel because of our wonderful experience eating at Bobs Steak and Chop in Dallas. We eat there for all of our special occasion's. It was our anniversary weekend and we were so disappointed with the service we received at Bobs Steak and Chop in Ft Worth. The waiter was horrible and the service was horrible.
- Doesn't meet the standardOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The food here is excellent, like any other Bob's. However, the service and ambiance were very lacking and made me wish that I had gone with a flagship to Fort Worth where there is more quality control. Our waiter had difficulty answering basic questions on the menu. There were many tables with children for an 8:00 pm Friday reservation. The restaurant in general is much more loud and chaotic than any other Bob's I've visited. Our waiter knew it was a birthday and we told him we were headed out to dessert after dinner, but he asked us if he could bring us something out at Bob's to celebrate. I was surprised to see a charge for dessert on the bill. It seemed tacky and more in the interest of running up the bill than our overall experience.
- Great steaksTrickyonthetownDined on 10/23/2014You can't beat this filet. Huge wine and spirits list. We go here for our Anniversary. Prepare to spend big if you want to really enjoy yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everDrTowTruckDined on 10/21/2014The filet simply cannot be beat. The skillet potatoes seal the deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I rememberDisappointedDined on 10/17/2014When spending $200 dollars for two on dinner you would expect everything to be perfect. We started off with the suggested appetizer (bacon) we thought it was weird but decided to try it, we regretted that decision. We did not enjoy the sauce on the filet, the fish had no taste with the seasoning that was on it. My wife did not like the potatoes that were suggested, which they gladly brought out a different dish. Even though they comped us our desert since it was our anniversary the chocolate cake was grainy and not as good as we expected. Maybe if we stuck with the traditional menu instead of the specials we would have been happier. All in all we would have been happy going to outback over bob's.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/15/2014we had a most wonderful dinner.......carb cake was delicious with the honey mustard sauce......the veal chop was awesome....although it was awfully big! cocktails and wine were delicious as were the desserts. Helen is an excellent server who makes any evening special!!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014A local radio host has been recommending Bod's for years. I finally got the opportunity to go through a business deal at work and was blown away! A few weeks later, I was able to treat my wife to dinner and was blown away again! We will be regulars when we want an up-scale, quality, dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalTexhammerDined on 10/11/2014Excellent steak, melts in your mouth. Top notch service and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent.DineomniDined on 10/11/2014Food excellent. Decor very TEXAS typical. Waiter was knowledgeable and accommodating but not a "I'm glad I work here" attitude. We were just another table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockingCDined on 10/7/2014This was a very special occasion for my wife and me. The service was friendly, attentive and professional. We recommend the Wagyu steak.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, not impressedNurseaudreykDined on 10/3/2014This place seemed to miss the mark. I felt like I was in a restaurant that happened to have expensive food. Nothing about it felt "special". I have been to a several high-end restaurants in the past and it truly is a wonderful experience: Bob's, Perry's, Pappa's... This time, there were a few problems. Our waiter was likely a new employee, which it ok. Our entree arrived much later than our neighbors (who arrived 30 minutes after us). We didn't have appetizers. My steak was definitely not the quality I expected. A table of 4 near us was clearly very bored (making time pass?) and they were stacking their glasses, salt shakers and utensils. This tells me that the restaurant is not interested in serving a quality experience. Quantity, maybe?
- Take It or Leave ItDoubleDDined on 9/27/2014We ordered the ribeye and the T-Bone. Steaks were mediocre at best. Little flavor, tenderness negotiable, especially since we ordered medium rare and medium. Skillet potatoes were very good, as were the glazed carrot. Onion rings were bland. Noise level was very loud for a supposed intimate setting. Service was pleasant and professional. Restaurant was clean. For the money, we will probably go to a higher end steakhouse in the future.Special Features:
- seatingemmaVIPDined on 9/20/2014a little disappointed in where we were sat for dinner, we were put in a back room that appears to be one they would use for large groups - felt very hotelish vs nice dining experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Bob's is perfect for celebrating a special occasion. I could cut my filet mignon with my fork, and who wouldn't love that big carrot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionJamieDined on 9/20/2014The atmosphere is excellent and as a whole, I think it is a nice quite restaurant. We were seated next to a large table that was celebrating a birthday so the noise level was a bit high for us, but not the entire restaurant. We enjoyed the food, but the steak that my husband and I both had was a on the tough side. There was a lot of grizzle in a large portion of the steaks. For the price, I would expect to be able to cut through the steak and enjoy every bite. The pickles and peppers on the table were great! The carrots served with the meal were interesting. Our server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/19/2014What is the dress code or is there a dress code? Last Friday night's crowd reminded me of eating at Denny's. There was a young lady wearing running shorts, a tee shirt, and Flip Flops. The man sitting at the next table wore his dirty ball cap and filthy jeans. Silly me, I wore a suit and tie.Special Features:
- Good but wrong weekendjeanine12Dined on 9/13/2014Love the food and service was great. The waiter was very helpful since it was our first time. Very elegant place.Special Features:
- Never disappointedllgtxDined on 9/13/2014This is one of favorite places to go and to be honest the price point for the quality and quantity far surpasses Del Friscos and Ruth Chris. Our main server was AMAZING, however someone came to by to get two of us more wine and assumed it was the same as the other we were dining with. Our main server quickly corrected the problem however then out bill was wrong. This is the first time anything like this has happened- but the food, as always was DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnersteakloverDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I went here for our 1st wedding anniversary. It was recommended to us from some friends that had been there previously. The drink list was great, the food was phenomenal, and the service was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, great time!ScottFortWorthDined on 9/13/2014Love this place. We started with a glass of wine at The Wine Thief (Bob's-operated) next door, then moved over to the restaurant for dinner. We told our server we wanted to go slow, and he was more than accommodating. Great multi-course meal: onion rings, wedge salad, filets (my wife had the surf and turf), chocolate cheesecake and chocolate martinis for dessert. Great wine pairings recommended by the staff.Special Features:
- 2 Nights is a rowjabagolfDined on 9/4/2014Downtown Ft. Worth has a lot of great upscale restaurants but I opted for Bob's Steak $ Chop House two nights in a row. My first evening I ws leaning towards the roasted duck until the server mentioned that the seafood entree of the day was Chilean Sea Bass, which is my favorite. It was cooked to perfection. It comes with a side and a potato of your choice. I asked for asparagus instead of the potato and the waiter was more than happy to accommodate my request, even though the asparagus was more expensive he didn't charge me. So I came back the second night to try the duck. It was everything I had hoped for. Withe the attentive wait staff, the quiet atmosphere and the superb;y cooked food, I will keep coming back when I am in Ft. Worth.Special Features:
- Romantic Birthday Get-a-wayMaximisDined on 8/30/2014I took my wife to Bob's for dinner on her Birthday. We had a wonderful time! The waitstaff was very prompt and courteous. They rattled off their specials and recommendations with flair. Our selections were prepared expertly and arrived looking as delicious as they tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best steaks I've hadNicmcgDined on 8/26/2014While in Texas, I felt it was a must to have a great steak. I read other reviews on Bob's and chose it. It was absolutely on of the top 5 steaks I've ever had. Don't miss the wedge salad - you can ask for a half wedge so you don't get too filled up. Loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent!restreviewsDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious, and the service was wonderful. We will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JellybellyDined on 8/16/2014Everything was exceptional! My husband loved the "pickled appetiziers" in the jar and even requested some additional red bell peppers with our dinner and our waiter graciously accommodated. We dine at Bob's at least 4 times a year and we have not had one bad experience. Have also recommended to several friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBrentskiDined on 8/2/2014First time I have to been to a steak house in years with no "Oscar" topping for the steak. My wife loved the lamb since it was perfectly cooked.
- Is a special dining experienceKayeDined on 8/1/2014The atmosphere is pleasant and calming, we thoroughly enjoy our dining experience food is excellent, service is awesome and all the stuff are very accomodating.Special Features:
- The following 656 reviews are from the Bob's Steak and Chop House - Fort Worth reviews archive.
- Great food; however, priceyFoodGourmetDined on 7/26/2014The food was great; and the wine list exceptional. However, it is what one expects at this price level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat expectation undershotGoodButNot4thePriceDined on 7/26/2014I expected the meat to exceed quality and taste of Salt Grass or Outback. (For the price) It did not. Pan fried potatoes. Very good Gravy was not asked for and on my fried potatoes. Good surprise Pickles - super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefwannabeDined on 7/26/2014Ate twice here during stay in Fort Worth. Meets my high standards for food quality and service.Special Features:
- Marvelous ExperienceFineDinerDined on 7/25/2014I entertained my granddaughter and great-grandson. The food was excellent; served hot and delicious. I had filet mignon with scallops (which were incredible) and my granddaughter had a New York strip. The steaks were cooked to perfection and deliciously tender. The 3-yr old was addressed as "Sir", which pleased him endlessly. A very wiggly little boy; his presence was welcomed and he was catered to the enter time we were there. I believe he was the only child present. The restaurant does not appear to be for "family dining", but staff adjusts well. Our overall experience was quite good. The only negative was an in attentive waiter once our food was served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EllaDined on 7/25/2014Enjoyed a lovely "birthday dinner". Everything was great - thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJThomasDined on 7/25/2014Staff and food were amazing! Wonderful location. Beautiful place. They want to make you happy with your experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.