Bob's Steak and Chop House - Fort Worth
1300 Houston Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/
- Phone: 817-350-4100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Christian Marentes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re hosting a large business function, a small gathering of friends or anything in between, Bob’s will customize your event to make it special. Our experienced staff will work with you to ensure that every detail is exactly right. From the food and drinks to the ambience and timing, expect the absolute best for your guests. The private dining room at Bob's is the perfect destination for hosting your special event. The room features a 60" flat-panel television perfect for all your multimedia needs, along with ample space to accommodate many custom seating arrangements. Complete with soundproofing, your event will feel as though you have the restaurant to yourself. We will be happy to assist you in creating your menu, which will include a variety of our most popular appetizers, salads and entrees. Thank you again for your interest in private dining at Bob's Steak & Chop House in Fort Worth. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Private Party Contact: Jen Holman 8173504100
A word from Bob's Steak and Chop House - Fort Worth
Bob’s Steak & Chop House, located in the beautiful Fort Worth Omni Hotel, is ranked as one of the top steakhouses in the country for a reason. We serve the best prime steak you’ve ever had. Our service is experienced, the wine list is extensive and the drinks are stiff. If you’re not a regular already, come by and let us prove why we’re so proud of what we do.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Bob's Steak and Chop House - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (34)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (12)hot spot (10)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Romantic Birthday Get-a-wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I took my wife to Bob's for dinner on her Birthday. We had a wonderful time! The waitstaff was very prompt and courteous. They rattled off their specials and recommendations with flair. Our selections were prepared expertly and arrived looking as delicious as they tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best steaks I've hadNicmcgDined on 8/26/2014While in Texas, I felt it was a must to have a great steak. I read other reviews on Bob's and chose it. It was absolutely on of the top 5 steaks I've ever had. Don't miss the wedge salad - you can ask for a half wedge so you don't get too filled up. Loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent!restreviewsDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious, and the service was wonderful. We will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JellybellyDined on 8/16/2014Everything was exceptional! My husband loved the "pickled appetiziers" in the jar and even requested some additional red bell peppers with our dinner and our waiter graciously accommodated. We dine at Bob's at least 4 times a year and we have not had one bad experience. Have also recommended to several friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBrentskiDined on 8/2/2014First time I have to been to a steak house in years with no "Oscar" topping for the steak. My wife loved the lamb since it was perfectly cooked.
- Is a special dining experienceKayeDined on 8/1/2014The atmosphere is pleasant and calming, we thoroughly enjoy our dining experience food is excellent, service is awesome and all the stuff are very accomodating.Special Features:
- Great food; however, priceyFoodGourmetDined on 7/26/2014The food was great; and the wine list exceptional. However, it is what one expects at this price level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat expectation undershotGoodButNot4thePriceDined on 7/26/2014I expected the meat to exceed quality and taste of Salt Grass or Outback. (For the price) It did not. Pan fried potatoes. Very good Gravy was not asked for and on my fried potatoes. Good surprise Pickles - super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefwannabeDined on 7/26/2014Ate twice here during stay in Fort Worth. Meets my high standards for food quality and service.Special Features:
- Marvelous ExperienceFineDinerDined on 7/25/2014I entertained my granddaughter and great-grandson. The food was excellent; served hot and delicious. I had filet mignon with scallops (which were incredible) and my granddaughter had a New York strip. The steaks were cooked to perfection and deliciously tender. The 3-yr old was addressed as "Sir", which pleased him endlessly. A very wiggly little boy; his presence was welcomed and he was catered to the enter time we were there. I believe he was the only child present. The restaurant does not appear to be for "family dining", but staff adjusts well. Our overall experience was quite good. The only negative was an in attentive waiter once our food was served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EllaDined on 7/25/2014Enjoyed a lovely "birthday dinner". Everything was great - thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJThomasDined on 7/25/2014Staff and food were amazing! Wonderful location. Beautiful place. They want to make you happy with your experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!NativesDined on 7/22/2014This restaurant was found on an online search for "where is the best place to eat in Ft. Worth", we were in town for the concert and six flags and this was our first meal in TX and it was great. My family thoroughly enjoyed the food and our host Jeff was an added benefit. We shall return. The prices are too high in my opinion but on an medium income I don't expect to dine there regularly but we weren't treated as if we weren't welcomed, just the opposite in fact! Our second night dinner reservation was at Pappadeaux's and the prices were literally half of Bobs so I'll be leaning towards the Cajuns on our next trip as their quality of food and service was a dead tie and the final factor is price.Special Features:
- excellent servicepiggyDined on 7/11/2014We love our server as she was very good and attentive. We were there right before the dinner crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!Gr8SteakDined on 7/8/2014I've lived I'm the area for a long time and always heard good things about Bob's but I had never been. I can now say that al if the wonderful things I've heard were true. My friends and I had great service and overall exceptional experience. I highly recommend Bob's to anyone looking for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014We enjoyed the entire evening from the moment we arrived to. Everyone was professional and seemed concerned that we enjoy ourselves...our server was very nice and helpful and was always aware should we need anything. The food was all we could expect especially for our 37th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014There was a long wait between salad and mIn courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent service paired with excellent food. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014All of the food was exceptional and cooked to perfection. The onion rings are to die for. Our waitress was extremely friendly but not overly friendly and knew just when to arrive at the table without coming by too often.Special Features:
- date nightdatenightreviewsDined on 6/21/2014My first time dining here, my wife had been previously. Everything was wonderful. She loves her steak well done and it was cooked perfectly and still tender. I like mine rare and it was cooked to perfection. I chose the ribeye and my only complaint was that it was very fatty. Great cut of meat for a medium or more well done, but I wish the chef had chosen a leaner cut to cook rare. 4 cheese Mac was phenomenal. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointed.JBuckDined on 6/20/2014I had heard great things about Bob's, but was disappointed with our experience. We had no complaints, but also nothing worth going back to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/17/2014A terrific evening with marvelous salads...great crab cakes and pork chops! The peanut butter ice cream is so delicious.....and the Bailey's ice cream was also very tasty. Helen gives absolutely fabulous service!!!
- Must go again!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014I loved everything. Made me feel like everyone dining, including myself were all queens and kings. Truly an awesome place to dine-in. Everything was exquisite!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Absolutely loved the food! Dinner was fantastic. The Bob's Lemon Drop Martini was outstanding. One of the few places that we have been to that serve TX Whiskey. Service from the time we sat at the bar until we left for the evening was wonderful. The staff definately knows how to make sure all of your needs are met.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014The restaurant was really nice and romantic. We were celebrating out 9th wedding anniversary the waitress was amazing at explaining everything to us. Towards the end we felt like he forgot about us, his service started to slack. The food was good I was expecting my steak to be sizzling but it was warm. This place is pretty pricey, but the food was good. Good place for special occasions.Special Features:
- AmazingChakaDined on 6/13/2014My husband and I had an awesome time. We will recommend it to all of our friends and family. Thank you for a great experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed2badDined on 6/10/2014Used to be my favorite place to take clients. Not any longer. I made the mistake of ordering the special. Cold and looked like it had been prepared earlier and just sat under a heat lamp. Took awhile to find my waiter. Bus boy helped me out. Once I voiced my concern my waiter was less than pleasant, like it was my fault.
- DeliciousEatalotDined on 6/10/2014Great food. Great wine. Great service. Waiter had great recommendations, accurate descriptions of foods, my wife and I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014One of my favorite restaurants, although I prefer the Dallas location for service. Fort Worth location seem to treat people base on race.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014Best steak ever. Had hard to find Kansas City Strip. Wait staff professional, knowledgeable, friendly, there when you need them.Special Features:
- food was subparOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014The carrots were under cooked and the potatoes were not good. I always enjoyed it till this time on my birthdaySpecial Features:
- Lived up to expectationsBigEaterDined on 5/31/2014I was told about Bob's as a place to go for business purposes in taking people out for dinner. I however took an opportunity to take my wife to the restaurant and the food was excellent and wait service was awesome. Overall a great night and the food was excellent will go back there again for business or pleasure.Special Features:
- Love Bob'sKayeDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I love dining at Bob's Steak and Chop House! The food and service is excellent. We always enjoy ourselves immensely and have started to make Bob's a regular dining experience. The Chef - Christian - is exceptional. We always have Helen wait on us and she is a real gem! My husband always looks forward to the next time to dine at Bob's.Special Features:
- ReggieDined on 5/30/2014The night was teriffic we were celebrating our anniversary. The wait staff was very attentive to our needs Perfect night out !!Special Features:
- Yummy!!!!g10752Dined on 5/24/2014From the bread to the pickles and peppers to the filet mignon, what a great place to eat. My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary with a great meal and they gave us a complimentary champagne toast. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Had a great experience. The service was exceptional and the steaks were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentbarnes2011Dined on 5/24/2014My husband and I had dinner last Saturday evening. Everything was amazing, the staff, service, food, ambience, etc. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have went to In And OutFoodsnob522Dined on 5/22/2014The $70 steak was the worst I've ever had.ive literally done better in a skillet on my stove. No seasoning and a poor cut. Flounder was over cooked and greasy. Not what I expected from a reputable restaraunt.
- Great food, but SLOW!pathguyVIPDined on 5/21/2014This was our first time at Bob's and our experience was mixed. All of the food was excellent. The service, however, was exceptionally slow. We arrived at 7:15 and were seated immediately, but we did not receive our entrees until an hour later. Not because the kitchen was slow, but just because our waiter would disappear for extended periods of time. It also took him 15 minutes from the time I asked for the check for him to pick up my card and return with the receipt. I hope that this is not indicative of the level of service that this restaurant regularly provides because I would definitely return here for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Steaks!MilwaukeeBoyDined on 5/9/2014One of the best tasting porterhouses I have even tasted! Great spot in downtown Fort Worth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.