Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue
4300 Lemmon Ave .
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/
- Phone: 2145289446
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue
As Texas’ No.1 Steakhouse, Bob’s Steak & Chop House gives steak lovers what they want, great food and plenty of it. Beef rules in the richly appointed dining rooms of mahogany and forest green, with crisp white table cloths and cozy booths. The perfect atmosphere for business or pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)romantic (45)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Consistently great ribeyesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/25/201412 0z aged prime ribeye is consistently excellent and a great valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob's is now on our radarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We just experienced Bob's for the first time to celebrate a birthday and we are now in love with this steak house. The food is excellent. The service is excellent and unobtrusive. And the atmosphere is/was alive. The only potential issue we experienced was the gentleman sitting at the table next to us. We called him "the megaphone". He made sure everyone in the restaurant heard his witty comments. We were lucky enough to sit 3 feet from him. Bottom line... we very much look forward to eating at Bob's once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- john1948Dined on 9/20/2014The only problem we had at the restaurant was loading and unloading from a Limo. The valiet parking was the only lane to get in and the drivers did not like this. Everything else about the restaurant is 5-star. The wait staff was extremely friendly and efficient. The food was excellent and was cooked as ordered on each order. There were six in our party and each one bragged on their selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Bob's has the best steak in Dallas. We've tried others and always prefer Bob's. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksDDJ4TheFortDined on 9/19/2014Rib eye was fantastic. Service was just right. Great atmosphere for a guys night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- review from 9/18/14 dinnerTed58Dined on 9/18/2014Overall a great experience and superb food & drinks. - what needs improvement - sat for a while before we were served, no butter with bread, no one checked on us as we waited 20 minutes for entrees. My Dad is on a walker - parking lot is very bad for the disabled - rough pavement, no ramp. Don't worry we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little gem!MBODDined on 9/13/2014Took my parents to Bob's for mom's birthday, the food was delicious as was dessert. Ordered soups and salads to start and then the filet which was cooked to perfection and very tasty. the bread pudding was great as well! Great service, very timely.Special Features:
- Good steakhouselovesfoodDined on 9/12/2014We came for a good Texas steak dinner and were not disappointed . Excellent selection of cuts. We had four different ones and they were excellent.Special Features:
- Great steakJimdaboDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I go to Bob's occasionally and love the food, drink, service and atmosphere. Friday was no different. I truly believe that it is the best steak that I have ever had...and I've eaten a lot of steaks. Everything was superb, and I am a hard grader.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic for a reasoncassiebizDined on 9/4/2014After many years of passing by, I finally tried Bob's. The food was excellent and our waitress was very fun and helpful. I can see why it has been around for so long!Special Features:
- Amazing steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Amazing food , the stakes were amazing and service was exceptional !Special Features:
- CharredMpodinaDined on 8/30/2014Service was good ambiance was good but food was not worth the price. Asked for 12 oz filet to be medium and was cooked medium well and charred on the outside. Total tab was over 240 for two people and I will not return. Bobs needs a lesson from nick and sams or papa bros.Special Features:
- Usual Awesome Steak!CandymanDined on 8/25/2014Had been to Bob's on Lemmon Ave several times in the past so when manager was coming to town, I knew Bob's was the place. Had a wonderful wine (Malbec) as well as fabulous steak. Service was good and my boss was pleased. A very successful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Bob's is our favorite steakhouse in Dallas. We love the low key but very nice atmosphere, plus it is quiet enough that you can have a conversation, which is not true at some other well known spots. Without question, the best part is the food. The steaks are always perfectly prepared and include potatoes. Side dishes are extra but very good. The salads are generous, but they will prepare a half salad which is plenty for one person. After trying most of the others, we always come back to Bob's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricelessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was a perfect 10! The people, the food, the ambiance all blended together proved to be a great choice to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Way to go Bob's!Special Features:
- Consistently a great steak houseDallasSunVIPDined on 8/22/2014Bob's is a great steakhouse with a nice energy. For a birthday, anniversary, or just a night out, it's a solid choice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/20/2014The veal chop was outstanding ... perfectly seasoned and cooked. Noise level was rather loud, though. We had a group at the next table that was quite raucous that made conversation challenging. Other than that, a perfect meal and we will return. Service was terrific.
- Great EveningChopsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had the Bacon Shrimp, outstanding, Chopped salad, good, The RibEye was excellent, tasty, tender, all around Great. The overall evening was fantastic as the Food is consistently good
- Great but we felt rushed.CasstxDined on 8/13/2014Everything was excellent again however we were not overly impressed that the main course arrived before we'd finished the appetizer. Although we were dining late, when I'm paying $65 for a steak, I don't expect to be rushed and have it sitting on the table going cold while I finish my appetiser. Other than that, everything was great.Special Features:
- Traditionally goodCheckpleaseDined on 8/4/2014Restaurants in Dallas come and go....Bob's on Lemmon is to Dallas as iconic as the Reunion Ball and Pegasus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerhankwardenVIPDined on 7/30/2014We love Bob's. Been going there a long time. It's one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceRCRMDined on 7/26/2014Great restaurant - we came across this restaurant as we were planning a trip to Dallas and after reading other reviews, decided to give it a try. We are so glad that we did - amazing steaks and the service was just impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPeterlugerloverDined on 7/24/2014Steak was great but wasn't overly impressed with side dishes. Appetizers delicious thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!sakgweaDined on 7/23/2014From the staff to the food everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RandiLincolnrandilincolnDined on 7/21/2014JUST GO HERE! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! With 19 in our party...semi private room...absolutely incredible reviews from attendees about food with many thanks for taking them to Bob's Chop House...THIS PLACE ROCKS! From the early set up to the fabulous food...all sending pics to friends...JUST AMAZING SERVICE...thanks to GRETA and the staff! ONLY DRAWBACK: very dimly lit room for awards program dinner. Needed to have lights up for recognition-which apparently was not possible because it raised the house lights in the entire restaurant. They raised them a bit for us...but just sayin'.... FOOD: Freaking AMAZING! Not even 1 complaint in 19 dinners. That is awesome!Special Features:
- AnniversarySuzieDined on 7/21/2014We love going to Bob's! Great food and great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I split the 12 oz filet and a salad (caprese) along with cream corn and broccoli. The waitress was happy to have the chef prepare the steaks to our different likings. (Med and med well). The food couldn't have been better. We both had the house Cabernet which was also great. I hadn't been to Bob's on Lemmon in awhile but will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinnerMona4romDubaiDined on 7/19/2014We dined on 7/19/2014 and this is not my first time there, the only disappointment we had was that the waiter didn't tell us about the specials for that night ..we over heared it from a different waiter from another table near by and they had some yummy options that seemed interesting to try ..was a little disappointing but our food was just as great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJMCNBIGDDined on 7/17/2014Outstanding... always has been one of my favorites, and still is!Special Features:
- Night place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent steak house to share time with friends.Ambirnce is perfect for groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Bob'sJoeCoolDined on 7/11/2014The food and service are fantastic. You will love it all!Special Features:
- Great SteaksVanhornDined on 7/11/2014I had the bone-in ribeye. It was amazing and very reasonably priced considering what I got. My wife got one of the filets and she said there was a very strong butter sauce on it. I've always felt steaks should be served without anything on them. This is TGI Fridays, afterall. I'll bet if you ordered it without, it would be better. My dad went Australian on us and had the rack of lamb. The lamb did not survive the encounter and the only leftovers in the bag was the bone from my ribeye which kept my dog busy for about 45 minutes. We got there at 6:30. By 7:30 the place was packed and it was fairly loud, but we still were able to carry on a conversation. There was a large wine list and a nice bar.Special Features:
- Weeknight DinnerPrincessDined on 7/11/2014We hadn't been to Bob's in several years due to a less than impressive dinner. A friend gave us a generous gift certificate so we gave it another try. Good quality steak and lobster but no ambience, nothing special.
- Birthday DinnerHappyDinerDined on 7/10/2014Great place for a birthday dinner. The food was great, as usual. Was surprised to see a family with small children seated next to us, which was also next to the bar. Would have liked a more private and romantic location for 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDinnerDined on 7/3/2014The dinner was great! I would only change the lighting. It was too dark and had a hard time seeing the menu. I had to use my cell phone light to read the menu.Special Features:
- Bob's always deliversScottDined on 6/24/2014Bob's on Lemmon is the best steak house in Dallas, a city with many fine steakhouses. The meal is always cooked to perfection. The service is outstanding. The entire experience is top shelf. Although it is on the xexpensive side, I always find it good value for money.Special Features:
- Awesome!Mrosenbe20Dined on 6/21/2014Everything was great. It was nice not feeling rushed, really able to enjoy our time together and out food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticjjclifton2Dined on 6/20/2014My fiance and I finally tried out Bob's after having lived in Dallas for about 4 years and constantly hearing about it through friends and on The Ticket. Everything we heard was right. The filet and bone in veal were both amazing and perfectly cooked. The service was timely and the place was neat, dark, and much more quiet than Al Biernat's. We love both places, but it was nice actually being able to hold a conversation with one another without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerTBunnyDined on 6/20/2014I took my dad here for his birthday and father's day celebration. I was extremely disappointed that he was not offered a free dessert or anything to make this meal more special. I had a birthday the weekend before, went to Eddie V's and they offered me anything on the dessert menu for free for my birthday and brought it out with a candle. Went to Finn & Porter and they brought out a sample of their desserts with a candle on the plate. When I took my daughter to a dinner for her birthday at a restaurant in the Galleria, they brought out birthday dessert also. My father is 72 years old and I wanted to bring him to a special place with great food and a nice atmosphere. I will not come back here.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food - Noisy EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2014My partner and I celebrated an anniversary and a birthday here. The service was great- very personable and attentive/helpful. I used Open Table to let them know about the occasion and the staff was fully informed, wishing us a happy anniversary and birthday. We were very happy with the food - this was probably one of the best steak dinners I've ever had. My partner enjoyed a duck entree; I loved my surf and turf. Our only complaint was the noise level. The room we were in was fairly small and alongside the bar area; a number of small parties enjoying themselves there and at tables created a high and intrusive noise level at times. I'm not sure that the staff could have done anything about it, but it really impacted our evening.Special Features: